The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by TM:

good to see Sionko hopefully going, only time I've seen him play was the first half of the Motherwell game at the start of the season and maybe the first half of the Aberdeen game before Christmas icon14.gif

good riddance and especially if we get a fee icon14.gif

Reports suggest that the 2 clubs had agreed a fee so there must be something in it for the club.

I bought tickets for the Chelsea game last night online. Don't have a printer though and can't get a hold of one. Does anybody know if you can pick up your tickets without the confirmation e-mail??

If I give them the reference number and take my card with me it should be okay yeah?

• SI Staff
If I give them the reference number and take my card with me it should be okay yeah?

That should probably be OK as long as you have the card you bought them with.

lineups today:

RANGERS: McGregor, Hutton, Weir, Papac, Ferguson, Hemdani, Boyd, Adam, Darcheville, Cuellar, McCulloch

Subs: Smith, Carroll, Thomson, Novo,, Sionko, Gow, Burke, Murray, Beasley, Broadfoot, Webster, Sebo

CHELSEA: Cech, Johnson, Terry, Tal Ben Haim, Ferreira, J. Cole, Lampard, Sidwell, Malouda, Shevchenko, Drogba

Subs: Cudicini, Hilario, Cole, Carvalho, Obi Mikel, Pizarro, Sinclair, Diarra, Wright-Phillips, Hutchinson

pretty much full strength on both sides, should be a good game hopefully - just hope JCD keeps a lid on the temper icon_wink.gif

Guest sav112

Have to say it sound a full blooded game as well! Certainly not a boring run around.

Only got it on the Radio....

Whats that Mr Abramovich a 20 Mil offer for Sebo, let us think about it icon_biggrin.gif

hardly any goalscoring opportunities to be fair, Cuellar had Drogbar in his back pocket icon_cool.gif

the chances we got were pretty much Novo's and Sebo's and they were both dispatched icon14.gif

Guest sav112

no injuries or did i miss anything going from the car to the house? icon14.gif

Sebo, guy must have got a huge lift there....one thing can be said Walter will give him a chance.

Boyd take note!

I still think we need to buy a creative midfielder who can split defences open/create chances though icon_frown.gif

Boyd was unable to do pretty much anything today because his movement was a bit off, but mainly due to hardly any service - JCD was trying his best, but it just wasn't happening

I would say Buffel, but I can't see him doing anything at all, he is the sort of player we need to have a good year though icon_frown.gif is he out of contract this year? icon_wink.gif

and there was no injuries and nothing else after the Sebo goal

Sebo \o/ His earlier miss completely forgotten now.

Thought we looked good today, obviously we are a bit ahead of Chelsea but its still a good result for us.

Cueller does look like a good signing so far. Novo was working really well when he got on.

Good run out for the boys ahead of Tuesday

Fantastic result for the lads confidence, showed more desire to win the game than Chelsea, deserved there victory, could have been more had we got that clear cut penalty at Copland end, Novo did brilliantly, turned the game on its head completely brilliant performance from him, happy Sebo got his goal but that deflection really helped icon_biggrin.gif looking forward to Tuesday night now

Sounded like a good game today, hopefully will give the team a huge boost ahead of Tuesday.

I think I am going to take advantage of the setanta offer, £10 a month is a pretty good deal. The fact there is no annual contract is also a bonus.

Originally posted by McNeil:

Fantastic result for the lads confidence, showed more desire to win the game than Chelsea, deserved there victory, could have been more had we got that clear cut penalty at Copland end, Novo did brilliantly, turned the game on its head completely brilliant performance from him, happy Sebo got his goal but that deflection really helped icon_biggrin.gif looking forward to Tuesday night now

Thought Chelsea had a shout for a penalty on Pizzaro not long before that in a bit of a scramble as well..

Agree with the coverage, one point today Mikel brought the ball out and the camera went off ahead of him up the pitch.

Originally posted by McNeil:

wait to you see the state of the coverage though, there cameras are real bad had the channel last season awful coverage at some games icon13.gif

Yep, I watched a lot of the games last season in the pub and it can be very frustrating. Hopefully it will improve, especially now they have the EPL.

the best one was Falkirk V Rangers and it was a typical Scottish day with heavy rain and a gale force wind icon_biggrin.gif

the camera had rain over it for half the match and nobody had even thought to wipe it, so it was a case of trying to watch the game through a rainy camera lens icon14.gif I think the coverage went off at sometime as well due to the picture pixelating - don't think they can do that with the EPL stuff on this year though

Zeta game at Ibrox live Tuesday on BBC1 icon_cool.gif

Rangers' Champions League qualifier against FK Zeta will be broadcast live on BBC television, radio and online.

The Montenegrin champions eliminated FBK Kaunas 5-4 on aggregate after a 3-2 loss in Lithuania.

BBC One Scotland will broadcast the first leg of the second round qualifier live from Ibrox on Tuesday 31 July with a 2005 BST kick-off.

Simultaneous broadband coverage will be available online, along with commentary on BBC Radio Scotland 810MW.

should think they'll get the 2nd leg as well, but if not somebody else will snap it up probably - Setanta probably

The 2nd leg is live on the BBC as well.

Decent performance today. We looked solid for the most part in defence and dangerous on the counter. Novo's goal was a beauty and although Sebo's took a deflection he did OK again during his cameo.

It's starting to come together and with the chairman confirming that we still intend to spend around another £5million (Placente, Whittaker, Cousin and/or Naismith) I think we can be cautiously optimistic.

Tuesday will be a stern test and it's imperative we get our season off to a good start.

• SI Staff

Thought 2-0 flattered us a bit today. Chelsea controlled most of the first half but we looked a lot better in the second.

Cuellar was outstanding. Looks like a great player and really looking forward to seeing him in action this season. Was also impressed by Hutton who got up and down the right very well and Ferguson played well in patches as well. Novo when he came on was also good and worked very hard and scored a nice goal. Also thought Papac was a bit solid and Broadfoot did well at left back when he came on.

Disappointments were Beasley who didn't get involved enough or do much when he did. Darcheville who was very direct and apart from one run where he got into the box looked very ordinary. Sebo wasn't that great either and was lucky with his goal. Missed a sitter as well. Boyd didn't get involved enough and Hemdani had a bit of a shocker by his standards and gave the ball away a few times, which was unlike him.

I think McCulloch will be quite good in the SPL though and will cause problems.

In short, Cuellar is the man.

I cant see us getting Placente but he would be awesome.

Think you have been a bit harsh on Sebo Ter, yes the earlier chance he should have done better but at least he went for goal on the 2nd attempt and deflection or not its a goal and thats what counts, thought he made a few promising runs today personally, still not the finished article but worth persevering with.

Why is it when you press post now you always think of something else icon_mad.gif

As for Sebo, I really think he needs a good run of games and not just bit part cameos to get his confidence up and hopefully get some sharpness. However I don't think this is going to happen at Rangers and it's a shame. I like the guy, I like his tenacity and heart.

He seems to be getting some backing from WS and I hope it helps but I still can't see where the run of games is going to come from. I would loan him out to another SPL side and hope that helps, if not then it'll be time to cut the losses.

Originally posted by Andy "Muzza" Murray:

Beasley I am excited about, need to see more of him but think he can be very useful for us.

thought he looked like he can do a defensive job as well, I thought he looked aright in the Hannover game a few weeks ago and will certainly be useful

wondering why we are after Placente (if true) though, we already have enough LB's with Smith and Papac and Mooray (as he was being called today in commentary icon_biggrin.gif) as the backup incase anything happens to the other two

we really need to buy a creative midfielder icon_frown.gif what I'd give to be linked with Riquelme and get him, he's exactly what we could do with - someone to completely open up defences with passes and through balls

It was there I read it myself tbh icon_biggrin.gif

I believe it is centred around pelvic wear and tear causing muscle problems and hernia problems with no guarantee it can be repaired sufficiently to enable him to play top flight football. Apparently John Brown mentioned it on Rangers World commentary during the Ajax game or something.

ah, I did remember reading that - completely gutted for the boy if it's true icon_frown.gif

I reckon he could easily be our best LB since the days of Numan but it looks like the old injury jinxes have struck

Archived