CM - Davis

CM - Thomson

AML - Beasley

AMR - Novo

AMC - Buffel

FC - Boyd

FC - Cousin

Cuellar is suspended.

One change, I dont care if it is Fergie but Captain annoynamous would be dropped.

McGregor keep

Alexander keep

Broadfoot sell

Whittaker keep

Cuellar keep, make captain.

Weir hmmm keep, backup player/coach?

Webster who?

Papac Keep, keep, keep

Smith keep

Hemdani sell

Thomson keep

Ferguson sell

Davis back to Fulham unless he's cheap

Adam move to ardeer thistle on the cards

McCulloch sell but who'd want him?

Novo Keep

Burke Imposter, sell.

Naismith Keep but hope he's better next season

Beasley keep

Boyd Sell

Cousin Sell... big huffy bastard

Darchville Sell if the money is right

--------

Buffel I would keep him but then i'd also give him a chance, Walter wont so, sell

Gow Sell

------

Sebo I'd rather have him than Misser

Fleck & Furman Keep but will they get a chance under Smith?

• SI Staff

01 MCGREGOR Allan

Had an excellent season until unfortunately picking up his injury. Would have been interesting to see how our season would have panned out had McGregor stayed fit.

VERDICT: Keep at all costs

03 WEIR David

Has been a good season overall for Weir and he continues to surprise given that he is 38 ffs.

VERDICT: Keep

04 BUFFEL Thomas

Has had more than enough chances to impress. His contract is up at the end of next season and I doubt he'll be getting offered an extension.

VERDICT: Sell

05 PAPAC Sasa

Big Sasa has been quietly just getting on with things all season and has done well and been outstanding in some games. Dealt with Messi quite well at Ibrox when everyone thought he would get torn a new one.

06 FERGUSON Barry

Another disappointing season overall for Barry. He's been posted missing in many games but when he doesn't play we miss him putting his foot on the ball and his leadership.

07 HEMDANI Brahim

After a brilliant season last year it's been a disappointing campaign for Brahim. He's not looked interested the past few months and it's as if he's already left in his head.

08 THOMSON Kevin

Has proven his worth this season with some excellent performances. He's never going to be a headline grabber but is a vital part of our midfield engine room. Unfortunately he seems to pick up a few injuries and gets booked too often for silly thing.

VERDICT: Keep at all costs

09 BOYD Kris

I feel quite sorry for Boyd this season. He's not featured enough and isn't very effective under Walter's system. If Walter isn't going to change his system next season then there isn't much point in Boyd being here.

VERDICT: Sell if we're not going to play him

10 NOVO Nacho

Nacho has scored some vital goals this season and it was a disgusting decision not to play him in the UEFA Cup Final. He still has a lot to offer.

11 ADAM Charlie

Has been a disappointing season for Charlie with injuries and poor form. Hasn't been able to reproduce his goals of last season which helped to hide some of his poor performances. He's looked a bit better since coming back from his injury and if he can continue to work on his game then he could be a useful player to have.

VERDICT: Keep if needed

12 DAVIS Steven

Davis had a fantastic start to his time at Rangers but has seemed to fade away in recent games. If he can rediscover the early form he had then he's an essential purchase.

VERDICT: Sign

14 FAYE Amdy

Jings.

VERDICT: Send back to Charlton and forget he ever played for us

15 GOW Alan

Poor Alan Gow. Has suffered because we brought in more players than we expected to in the Summer and he's behind the likes of everyone for a place in the team. Couldn't even get on the bench against Partick says it all.

16 SMITH Graeme

I don't see the point in this signing. He must have been utter pish in training or the reserves or done something. Can't see any future for him at the club.

17 BURKE Chris

Hasn't been the best of seasons for the ginger hairy one. Has the potential to be a cracking player but it doesn't look as if he's ever going to reach it. Shows some flashes of brilliance but just doesn't do it nearly often enough.

18 NAISMITH Steven

Hasn't exactly been great but hasn't been given much of a chance either. I think we signed him a bit too soon and he should have been coming this season but hopefully he'll get more games now and should be settled in.

19 DARCHEVILLE Jean-Claude

Has had some constant injury problems but has scored some important goals. His pace is deadly but he's been a bit poor of late. I'd probably hang onto him if he can prove his fitness. He's only completed 90 mins for Rangers once and that was against Zenit and only because we needed a goal.

20 BEASLEY DaMarcus

Don't know why loads of people don't seem to rate him. I thought he offered us something different with pace down the left and a bit of creativity. Looking forward to him returning next season or if he gets a run out this season.

21 BROADFOOT Kirk

He's done reasonably well played out of position but he's not a fecking right back and he shouldn't be playing there. Would prefer to see him actually get a game in his proper position to see how he does there. Handy to have around if we need someone to fill in and he hasn't done terribly bad.

22 WEBSTER Andy

Dunno what the deal is with Webster either. He's always "injured" or something and never plays. I don't even know if he's still on loan, we've signed him or what is going on. We could probably sign someone better but I reckon he'll be joining in the Summer.

VERDICT: Meh

23 DAILLY Christian

Has done well and is a useful player to have on the bench due to his versatility. Is still in good shape for his age so I would hang onto him.

24 CUELLAR Carlos

Has been mince.

VERDICT: Release on a free

25 ALEXANDER Neil

Has done well when coming in but can't help but think he could have done a better better with some of the goals he's conceded. Prefer McGregor.

VERDICT: Keep. Good quality backup.

26 SMITH Steven

Hopefully he can prove his fitness next season and be a valuable member of the team. Still has a lot to offer. He'll have to win the shirt back off Papac though IMO.

27 MCCULLOCH Lee

Had a good start to the season but has been mince for months. Someone coming from the Premiership to the SPL should be starring in their fair share of games. All he seems to offer these days is some headers.

28 WHITTAKER Steven

Had a bit of a shaky start but he's really beginning to show his worth now even though he's being played out of position. He should be playing at right back. I wasn't too fussed when we sold Hutton as we had a ready made replacement in Whittaker but wtf Walter.

29 COUSIN Daniel

Isn't interested. Beat it.

36 FURMAN Dean

Looked a decent prospect when he came on for Thomson and has been doing well for the reserves. Would like to see him get more first team action next season.

Ok my take on our squad:

01 MCGREGOR Allan - Stuck it out for a long time when it looked as if he was never going to get his chance for the club. Always tough for a young keeper, but Allan hung in there, has had an excellent season and will continue to develop into a very good keeper for both club and for Scotland. I hope we keep him. (9/10)

03 WEIR David - Wasn't at all happy when we signed him. I did not like his attitude in choosing not to play for Scotland, no matter what the circumstances were. He has though, despite being nearly as old as me, been an absolute rock at the back. I think we should keep him for another season, but we also need to look at replacing him because he won't last forever. Just the right age group though as far as Walter is concerned icon_wink.gif (8.10)

04 BUFFEL Thomas - It's pretty obvious that Buffel's face doesn't fit at Ibrox these days and he is on the way out. Can't say as I'll miss him. (n/a)

05 PAPAC Sasa - We kept hearing, Papac is not a natural left back, so and so will rip him a new arse blah blah blah. Has been outstanding this season, rarely put a foot wrong and although he may not offer an overly attacking option, he does the job he needs to do well. (8/10)

06 FERGUSON Barry - Has been an utter disgrace the last few months. I'm begining to think Barry is past it, mentally if nothing else. If his so-called injury is so bad it's preventing him perform at his best, he should not be playing. I don't agree we need him purely for his influence because I'm not convinced he does have that influence. Also don't think playing as the link up to the attacker is anywhere near a role he should be playing. (5/10)

07 HEMDANI Brahim - Not sure what's gone wrong with this fud, but he's become a useless liability and the sooner he fecks off somewhere else the better. (3/10)

08 THOMSON Kevin - A player I really like. He works hard, gives his all and although he might be a bit reckless at times, he is for me one of the key players in the side. (8/10)

09 BOYD Kris - Doesn't fit into the Walter Way. Very hard to judge when he isn't getting regular games. If a decent offer comes in, we should let him go I guess. (5/10)

10 NOVO Nacho - If the other players showed half the energy and commitment Nacho does, we would have won the league months ago. He is far from the perfect player, but his guts, determination and sheer enjoyment of the game more than make up for that. (8/10)

11 ADAM Charlie - Will never really be more than a back up player now, probably needs to leave and find his level with a club like St Mirren or East Fife. (4/10)

12 DAVIS Steven - An enigma. When he does perform he seems a decent player, but I simply don't think he does that enough and actually can't see where he would fit in an ideal side. (6/10)

14 FAYE Amdy - Just **** please. PLEASE! (-100/10)

15 GOW Alan - who?

16 SMITH Graeme - Was crap at Kilmarnock and unless all our other keepers die he is never getting a game for us.

17 BURKE Chris - When he was a kid, he had the world at his feet. On his day, he showed that he had the potential to be a class winger. He is now no longer a kid, has not turned it on enough and quite simply isn't good enough. (3/10)

18 NAISMITH Steven - A player with great potential, but won't get a regular game because Walter is a boring old fart. (6/10)

19 DARCHEVILLE Jean-Claude - I like Jean-Claude, I really do. He is a hard working, honest player - but the bottom line is he cannot play a whole game, he really isn't suited to Walter's game (Unless we have a better link up man) and sadly I'd say we have to let him go. (7/10)

20 BEASLEY DaMarcus - I don't think he really showed much before his injury, but deserves a chance. (6/10)

21 BROADFOOT Kirk - Lets face it, Kirk is ****. But he is also a hardworking, honest player who knows his limits and plays his heart out and is a million times the player Faye will ever be. (7/10)

22 WEBSTER Andy - Oh, is he still here?

23 DAILLY Christian - Useful utility player, still has a role to play because of his versatility. (6/10)

24 CUELLAR Carlos - Best player on the park for Rangers all season, absolute quality and if sell him in the summer, I will personally steal David Murray's legs and batter him with them. (1000/10)

25 ALEXANDER Neil - I'll be honest, I didn't rate Neil. He has though proven me wrong, we hardly miss McGregor really. (7/10)

26 SMITH Steven - Might well suffer from the fact Papac has done very well, and Walter hates people under 100.

27 MCCULLOCH Lee - Whoever told this donkey he should take up football should shot. Worst player I've ever seen in my life (Yes even worse than Faye). ****ing idiot as well. Needs shooting. (-1000/10)

28 WHITTAKER Steven - Good solid player, very versatile but should be the first choice right back. The goal he scored against Lisbon will live with me forever. (7/10)

29 COUSIN Daniel - Stupid, selfish, arrogant, lazy, ignorant, bastard. (-100/10)

36 FURMAN Dean - Looked composed and not at all out of place when he came on, needs to get into the team on a regular basis asap, but somehow I can't see it with mr boring in charge. (7/10)

FLECK Robert - Has shown time and time again in the youths/reserves that he has all the talent in the world and is more than ready for the first team. If we lose this guy because of Walter's inability to select players under 100, then I will lose a hell of a lot of respect for a manager I love.

SMITH Walter - On the verge of being the greatest Rangers manager of all time. Has done so much for this club, and deserves so much praise. Also happens to be a totally boring git whose refusal to give youth a chance has probably cost us the league. (10000/10) (-10000/10)

McCOIST, Alistair - Should be the manager from next season on.

DURRANT Iain - Should be Alistair's assistant from next season.

FLECK Robert - Has shown time and time again in the youths/reserves that he has all the talent in the world and is more than ready for the first team. If we lose this guy because of Walter's inability to select players under 100, then I will lose a hell of a lot of respect for a manager I love.

I know Walter likes old players but come on! icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Philip Rolfe:

Robert Fleck icon_biggrin.gif

Interesting reading how many players most of you aren't satisfied with - any chance some of it is negative vibes after a painful week or more long-set views?

I think it's at this stage in any season when you really see what players are made of. A lot of ours have shown they are made of ****. Not all of course, but there is definately room for improvement.

I love how people are blaming everything from David Murray, The sale of Alan Hutton to the tea lady for messing up the season icon_biggrin.gif

It's simple why... Watty's insistence on playing a defensive 451 in the SPL and certain players who just aren't good enough(or not giving enough). Those players owe a huge apology to the likes of Cuellar, Novo, McGregor, Weir and Papac.

• SI Staff
Interesting reading how many players most of you aren't satisfied with - any chance some of it is negative vibes after a painful week or more long-set views?

Nah, I think most of the opinions given are fairly balanced and not a reaction to what has been a disappointing week.

Oh and Klasnic is signing for Beskitas apparently so that's another dream that can die

Kenny Miller, come on down icon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gif

can't be arsed doing the run through like others have - so I'll do my stars of the season, ones who deserve a mention and the ones who I wish would just go away and retire/leave

Stars Of The Season

1. Carlos Cuellar - seriously I love this guy, he is the defender who does the simple things and makes them look easy. Composed in possession and 99% of the time is able to time tackles to perfection. Would be a huge, huge loss if we lost him in the summer, even a large sum of money would be hard to replace this collosus in the defence.

2. Sasa Papac - now this is somebody I didn't think I'd have in my list if you asked me last summer. The last remaining crumbs of PLG's rein (if you don't include Sebo who is on loan in France) and his season with PLG wasn't exactly inspiring and if I remember he didn't really get much of a chance when Walter came in, so I think most thought he'd be on his way in the summer. Stevie Smith's comeback from injury was delayed so Sasa got the LB role despite not being a natural LB. However, he's been a brilliant servant to us this season, providing defensive composure when needed, being able to time tackles right and just looking a really solid player icon14.gif If I had my way, I'd have him and Carlos as the central defensive pairing for next year if Smith is back in his LB role.

3. Allan McGregor - somebody who has been on the cusp of the Rangers side for years. Was behind Stefan Klos for years simply because Der Goalie was brilliant and Allan just wasn't at that level. Then he was behind big Ron who again was consistent but had his moments of madness. His chance came when Letizi who was PLG's No1 choice got injured and he finally got the chance to be the Rangers No1, something the guy has coveted for years and has threatened to leave over many times. This year he's been absolutely magnificent in goal - making vital saves including THAT save against Bremen (and plenty other saves in that match) to keep the European run going. Looks solid in shot stopping and cross taking, although he still has a weakness with low crosses which he hopefully will work on. Such a shame he got injured at such a vital stage in the season, but hopefully he'll be back for next season - fit and well

Deserve a mention

Nacho Novo - what can I say, I love the wee guy. Limited amount of skill, but has the heart of a lion

Kevin Thomson - slowish start, but is really starting to show why we paid £2m for him, has been our best midfielder in the last few months for me

Steven Whittaker - I like him, but I'd rather see him in his natural RB role as I just don't trust Kirk there

David Weir - continues to defy the laws of age, unlucky not to be in my stars of the season but a very good partner for King Carlos. Lacks pace, but makes up with it for his positional sense

Neil Alexander - came into the team when he probably didn't expect to, hasn't been at blame for anything at all. Looks solid and is a great on penalty kicks. Excellent backup to McGregor

Steven Davis - Another player I like, but I agree with PM7 that he can have his good days and bad. Seemed to have a lot more bad than good as the season wore on unfortunately. Would probably consider a swap deal with Cousin if it happened.

Kris Boyd/Stevie Naismith - I like both of these two, but Walter's formation stops the former playing despite being our top scorer for the last 2-3 years. Naismith is going to be a good player for us, but he still needs development

Retire/Leave

Amdy Faye - not our player, but please go away and I can forget you actually played for us

Lee McCulloch - retire please, you are a donkey

Barry Ferguson - I know you need surgery and have been a good servant to the team, but I'm sick of seeing him go missing in action when we really need leadership which he usually can't provide

Chris Burke - if you learn how to cross during the summer and don't fall about like a wee girl when somebody touches you, then you can stay. If not, go away

Daniel Cousin - lazy but has the talent, doesn't want to use it up here so go to Fulham and we'll have Davis

Charlie Adam/JCD/Hemdani - Adam is not a Rangers player and never will be. JCD is somebody who loves the fans and the fans love him, but his lack of playing a full game is something we don't need. Hemdani was good at the start of the season, but fell away terribly after January - sell if we get any offers for all 3

probably done more here than the guys who have actually did the team run through icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by ibroxhero:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary Toner:

Oh and Klasnic is signing for Beskitas apparently so that's another dream that can die icon_frown.gif

Source? I heard Besikitas and Hannover were interested. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Turkish Media have him signing a 2 year deal over the weekend there.

Originally posted by ibroxhero:

Good to see that all of our run-throughs have been very similar. Walter best be reading icon_smile.gif

It's because we all can see it. I really don't like criticising Walter, because he is an utter legend who has done wonders for this club and I love him to bits. But then, I totally adore John Grieg, as a player he was one of my huge heroes - I still wanted him sacked as manager, and I still cried when he was sacked (but don't you dare tell anyone that icon_razz.gif).

I think I understand why Walter has been the way he's been this season - but I don't understand why he won't give younger players a chance and never will.

If Klasnic was available on a Bosman, it would be hard to understand why there wouldnt be loads of clubs interested in him and therefore what the attraction of the SPL would be, even if we could fit him into the wage structure.

• SI Staff

Just been doing a few calculations with most leagues now finished or almost finished and the seedings for the Champions League qualifiers which we'll now no doubt have to negotiate are a bit clearer. We'll be seeded in the 2nd Qualifying Round and if we get through that we'll also be seeded in the 3rd Qualifying Round.

Possible opponents in 2nd Qualifying Round<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Domzale SLO

Beitar ISR

MTK ***

IFK Goteborg SWE

Anorthosis CYP

Tampere Utd FIN

Dinamo Tblisi GEO

Ventspils LAT

Rabotnicki MAC

Modrica BOS

Kaunas LIT

Sheriff MOL

Drogheda IRL

Valur ISL</pre>

Possible opponents in 3rd Qualifying Round<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Atletico Madrid ESP

Sparta Prague CZE

Dynamo Kiev UKR

Slavia Prague CZE

Galatasaray TUR

Partizan SER

CSKA Sofia BUL

Vit Guimaraes POR

Dinamo Zagreb CRO

Wisla Krakow POL

Standard Liege BEL

FC Twente NED

Artmedia SVK

AaB Aalborg DEN

Brann NOR

Rapid Vienna AUT</pre>

Atletico Madrid would be a nightmare draw. There is still hope of them being seeded if one of Rangers, Panathinaikos, Basel, Fenerbahce or Anderlecht don't make it through the 2nd Qualifying Round.

• SI Staff
As far as the CL is concerned, what happens to the SPL winners next season? - at what stage do they enter the CL?

Straight into the group stage on account of the winners of the Champions League being from a nation with the maximum of four entries and the two finalists having already qualified through their domestic league.

I know it's not going to happen, but I'd like to see us go for the jugular tonight and try to get those goals we need going into the last match up north.

I'd like to see us go 4-3-3 with Boyd up the middle with JCD/Novo supporting either side and doing the running for Boyd. I doubt he'll go for it though and the best we can hope for is a 4-4-2 from Walter.

I can see us winning this one, but the question is by how much to affect the title race?

be hilarious if we were able to hammer goals tonight tbh, can you imagine the media storm and the problems the St Mirren keeper would suffer from them? icon_biggrin.gif

it's not happening though, a win to take it to the last day but nothing else - unless most think it's gone and we draw 1-1 or something

• Administrators
If Klasnic was available on a Bosman, it would be hard to understand why there wouldnt be loads of clubs interested in him and therefore what the attraction of the SPL would be, even if we could fit him into the wage structure.

He was out for a long time with a kidney transplant that didn't go right - his first one rejected him so he had another (one from either parent). That'd put a lot of teams off.

• SI Staff
He was out for a long time with a kidney transplant that didn't go right - his first one rejected him so he had another (one from either parent). That'd put a lot of teams off.

That's the sort of thing that usually makes us whip out the cheque book

Originally posted by TM:

be hilarious if we were able to hammer goals tonight tbh, can you imagine the media storm and the problems the St Mirren keeper would suffer from them? icon_biggrin.gif

it's not happening though, a win to take it to the last day but nothing else - unless most think it's gone and we draw 1-1 or something

Technically it will go to the last day even if we lose, theoretically possible they could lose to United (right, sure) and we could hammer the sheep about 8-0 cos they're **** anyway.

But tbh, I think we'll lose tonight and Thursday and probably Saturday as well. Yes, I've lost faith in Walter icon_frown.gif

Can see you winning by quite a margin tonight, but ****ing up at Aberdeen. I can also see us ****ing up in Dundee, but tbf we'd probably have to have someone score a 25 yard o.g for that to happen, considering last weekend.

WALTER Smith has named an attacking line up including Kris Boyd as his side go looking for a crucial win against St Mirren tonight.

Boyd will line up alongside Jean Claude Darcheville, with Nacho Novo also earning a spot in the first eleven.

Steven Davis also returns to Smith's first team with Christian Dailly filling in at centre back for the suspended Carlos Cuellar.

Sasa Papac again misses out and Steven Whittaker continues to fill the left back slot.

There is a spot on the bench for DaMarcus Beasley as he continues his return from injury.

RANGERS: Alexander; Broadfoot, Dailly, Weir, Whittaker; Davis, Ferguson, Thomson, Novo; Boyd, Darcheville.

SUBS: G.Smith, Furman, Fleck, McMillan, Faye, Beasley, Cousin.

ST MIRREN: Howard; Barron, Potter, Haining, Miranda; McGinn, Murray, Mason, O'Donnell, Dorman; Mehmet.

SUBS: C.Smith, Dargo, Hamilton, McCay, Docherty, McAusland, Burns.

REFEREE: Craig Thomson.

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

But tbh, I think we'll lose tonight and Thursday and probably Saturday as well. Yes, I've lost faith in Walter icon_frown.gif

Haha, okay then love!

Absolutely no way you will lose your next 3 games.

Originally posted by BWCH:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

Haha, okay then love!

Absolutely no way you will lose your next 3 games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Want to bet?

From looking at the team it looks like a 4-3-3 but with if it's the Walter we all love it'l more likely be a 4-5-1.

Interesting that Beasley is on the bench. Sure could be an impact sub for the second half?

Archived