The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

Originally posted by Frankie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

Surely we should just be concentrating on a UEFA Cup Final and forget everything else. Let other clubs worry about their own agenda's and let the SFA worry about their referee's. Gettin a bit fecked off with the whining from certain quarters at Rangers, we're becoming as bad as Celtic.

I would agree with that. icon14.gif

The decision regarding the fixtures has been made so it's time to move on. There is scope for annoyance at other parties as well as double standards in other issues but generally we should be concentrating on backing Rangers ahead of a tough run-in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On the other hand, I'm trying very hard to keep my mind off the game, don't want to get too worked up just yet icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched the Dundee utd game on scotsport last night, having to ignore how bad the coverage and commentary are.

Noticed Furman was playing looked decent enough finally someone playing a linking role behind the front men, was good to watch.

Originally posted by gavinkil:

Watched the Dundee utd game on scotsport last night, having to ignore how bad the coverage and commentary are.

Noticed Furman was playing looked decent enough finally someone playing a linking role behind the front men, was good to watch.

Scotsport is an embarrassment - hence it not coming back next season. Laughable coverage.

Furman did very well actually. Was surprised to see him come on but he looked confident, passed the ball reasonably and looks more than capable of making the step up next season.

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

On the other hand, I'm trying very hard to keep my mind off the game, don't want to get too worked up just yet icon_biggrin.gif

I've just come down with an awful cold. Had a chest infection for the last few months and this bugger keeps returning. Runny nose, sore throat, minging cough - it's all there!

Hopefully be back to full fitness tomorrow.

Just had a text from a mate - bridges over M74 are full of bears sending off the convoy with flags and banners! Brilliant! icon_cool.gif

Also, from watching Scotsport (John Colqhoun is a little bit odd, isn't he?) I noticed what a grade A moron Daniel Cousin is, why must he keep nutting folk?

Originally posted by HD:

Also, from watching Scotsport (John Colqhoun is a little bit odd, isn't he?) I noticed what a grade A moron Daniel Cousin is, why must he keep nutting folk?

I'm more concerned at why Cousin doesn't do it properly... icon_wink.gif

Guy is a decent player but seems to be mentally challenged. Hopefully we'll move him on in the summer and bring in someone who knows what commitment is.

The sooner Cousin leaves the better, he has a hell of a lot of talent but he is a moron and lazy.

Its a real shame he did what he did in Florence, if this keeper is a bit nervy a couple of his strikes from distance could have caused some trouble.

I'm so excited about tomorrow now, I really never thought I'd see a Rangers team in a European final especially since the purse strings tightened and with the importance of spending big in todays game. Its a great achievement what Walter has done in sorting the club out in such a short period of time and whatever happens in the next few weeks its been a hell of a season!

Have fun in Manchester tomorrow for all you guys who are going, gutted I can't make it up.

Originally posted by HD:

I thought you said Colqhoun was a little bit old icon_biggrin.gif

Personally, I hate Cousin, hes a lazy git and I really hope he fecks off in the summer. His headbutting antics are an f'ing disgrace, but he's paid the penalty because I doubt he'll ever get another chance to play in Euro final.

Some great pics of the bears at Ibrox before the convoy left....

Hundreds of fans at the stadium and loads of cars. All covered by SSN etc so should be some photos/video footage doing the rounds later...

Can't see me sleeping much tonight!

Less Archie McPherson on tv the better, hoping the game will also be on itv4 with the english commentators.

Surprised there hasn't been suggestions of players people rekon we should go for next season, so I will start it:

Strikers:

Saha (if we can get him fit)

Bojinov (man city forgotten man)

O'Connor (Birmingham)

Kevin Doyle (Reading)

Klasnic (Werder)

Midfield:

Mintal (Nurnberg)

Kristiansen (Nurnberg)

Defenders:

Ron Vlaar (AZ)

That was just a quick scout about of teams getting relegeted or not doing so well so potential to get them cheaply icon_smile.gif

Bojinov wasn't really forgotten, suffered a nasty injury in one of his first games at the start of the season iirc. He'll probably play a bigger part for Man City next season.

Klasnic must be the most likely to go to you out of those players, would be a good signing if he stayed fit.

Less Archie McPherson on tv the better, hoping the game will also be on itv4 with the english commentators.

Surprised there hasn't been suggestions of players people rekon we should go for next season, so I will start it:

Strikers:

Saha (if we can get him fit) Yeah right - a fit saha icon_biggrin.gif

Bojinov (man city forgotten man) Cruciate injury is why he's not played

O'Connor (Birmingham)

Kevin Doyle (Reading)

Klasnic (Werder) Excellent player but could be a ticking time bomb. If we can insure him then why not.

Midfield:

Mintal (Nurnberg)

Kristiansen (Nurnberg)

Defenders:

Ron Vlaar (AZ)

That was just a quick scout about of teams getting relegeted or not doing so well so potential to get them cheaply icon_smile.gif

My information is that Klasnic will be a Rangers player next season...

Obviously he's a decent player but I'm a bit wary of his injury/health problems in the past. The fact he's a Bosman helps minimise the gamble somewhat I suppose.

Definitely don't want O'Connor or Miller.

Originally posted by Frankie:

My information is that Klasnic will be a Rangers player next season...

Obviously he's a decent player but I'm a bit wary of his injury/health problems in the past. The fact he's a Bosman helps minimise the gamble somewhat I suppose.

Is that basically a done deal then?

I would assume we would have some sort of insurance against his wages if say his body rejected a kidney?

Aye, most players are covered with insurance for that kind of thing.

Klasnic has visited Murray Park at least once and liked what he saw.

I'd imagine if it's true, he'll be confirmed once the season is finished.

Originally posted by ibroxhero:

Sweet. Is Boyd likely to be around next season in your opinion?

No idea... Lad is happy enough (although he'd like to play more) but I guess it may depend on what system we're playing, who we're bringing in and how much we could get for Boyd.

Originally posted by McD:

Got a hunch we're going to move for Russell Anderson at some point in the summer.

Hope not. Lad isn't a bad player but he's not the type to take us forward much (if at all).

If we're going to keep a Scottish lad then Webster should stick around on a pay and you play basis... icon_smile.gif

Don't want a former sheep anywhere near Rangers thanks, would be almost as bad a signing as Miller or O'Connor. I'm all for bringing in a decent backbone of Scottish talent, but lets have the emphasis on the talent please.

I don't mind Anderson, solid player. Aberdeen have clearly missed him alot this year. I don't mind his 'heritage' really

We've been linked before, we'll be scouting for centre-halves, he's struggled down south, he's Scottish, he's of a certain age and will be known to WS from the national squad set-up.... just putting 2 and 2 together!

Originally posted by Goater666:

Just been out for lunch. Crazy amounts of gers fans already walking around look rather merry icon_biggrin.gif

Picc gardens already hammered.

icon_biggrin.gif

Tomorrow is going to be incredible.

Read something recently about Bojinov's future at city being in doubt.

Guess it all depends in their mental chairman icon_smile.gif

O'Connor mentioned as a like for like swap for Cousin both big bulky idiots.

The only thing that ive seen recently in terms of Bojinov is that his agent said that the only reason he came to city was because of Sven. If Sven was to be sacked his loyalty for staying at the club would be lost.

He would probably mvoe back to Italy though.

Originally posted by Goater666:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gavinkil:

The only thing that ive seen recently in terms of Bojinov is that his agent said that the only reason he came to city was because of Sven. If Sven was to be sacked his loyalty for staying at the club would be lost.

He would probably mvoe back to Italy though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like the same thing I was reading icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by McD:

Don't think Smith and O'Connor ever patched up their row, did they? Fair to say he'll not be top of our shopping list.

Yeah, I don't think they did.

Really can't see us being interested. He offers little.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Goater666:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gavinkil:

He would probably mvoe back to Italy though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like the same thing I was reading icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No way Bojinov would come here. He has no reason too. Would easily go to Italy, Spain, Germany or even England. Most 3rd and 4th place teams would take him in an instant.

Originally posted by Ter:

I really don't think Manchester is going to be big enough for everyone to watch the game.

What worries me more is, how the hell are they gonna fit everyone into Ibrox when they come back with the trophy icon_biggrin.gif

• SI Staff
In that video. An apparent Rangers fan going down to Manchester to support Rangers whilst wearing a Chelsea shirt. Funny that.

He'll most likely be keeping his Rangers top nice and clean for tomorrow. icon_smile.gif

Refereeing appointments for the next week:

Saturday 17th May 2008

MOTHERWELL V. RANGERS Live on Setanta, kick-off 12.30pm

John Underhill - Gary Sweeney - Steven Craven - Alan Muir

Monday 19 May 2008

ST. MIRREN V. RANGERS Live on Setanta, kick-off 7.45pm

Craig Thomson - Brian McGarry - Mark Doyle - Chris Boyle

Thursday 22nd May 2008

ABERDEEN V. RANGERS Live on Setanta, kick-off 7.45pm

Kenny Clark - Neil Brand - Charlie Smith - David Somers

DUNDEE UNITED V. CELTIC Live on Setanta, kick-off 7.45pm

Stuart Dougal - Brian McGarry - Willie Dishington - William Collum

The Motherwell game will be Underhill's last on the SPL as he retires due to age at the end of this season

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Kenny Clark, wonderful. icon_frown.gif

Mind you I doubt it'll matter who we get as referee; we're bound to have a late winner ruled out only for Rangers to go down the other end and score and subsequently win the title.

My thoughts exactly, not ideal to have a Celtic fan refing our last game and what could well be the decider, but we'l get on with it as always.

PS Craig Thompson again? aw naw icon_frown.gif

Archived