The Rangers FC Thread - Season 07/08

Frankie

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by matty_8:

Rangers havent lost a scottish cup semi final since 1972, same year we won our only European trophy. A sign?

unless Fiorentina suffer injuries to key players like Mutu and Pazzini, I doubt it

really starting to annoy me a certain trait I've seen in Rangers since about the Dundee Utd game - although maybe it's gone back further than that

it's our reluctance to get in the faces of players when they try and cross, it happend against Dundee Utd at least twice, it happened against Celtic when we really didn't want it to happen and it's happened today. Sheerin could have got a measuring tape out to measure the cross with the amount of time he got ffs

if we do that against Fiorentina, they will murder us

Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

Utter disgrace to go to pens against 1st Division side. I realise we wont play the same system against Fiore, but tbh play like this and we can just forget it.

Every single Rangers player there should be utterly embarrased.

Put the management into the bracket too.

ah well, good job from Alexander icon_cool.gif

but we really should be winning games like that before they get to the pens ffs, no disrespect to St Johnstone intended at all as they played their part and were quite unlucky

Originally posted by ibroxhero:

Lucky bastrads. Hemdani should be shipped out soon as, clearly not interested, same goes for Cousin.

But you also have to ask, who the hell crapped out that Hemdani was actually forced to take a penalty. I've never been so angry with a side who have actually reached a Cup Final. Too many players clearly not up for it, and really need to have a damn good look at themselves.

Guest sav112

Well we did it the hard way..........Final to look forward! Sympathy to the Saint’s but well done Ally praising the opposition and showing a bit of respect and class.

Back to winning ways and that what’s counts, even with injuries now we can still go forward……

Plus QOTS are in Europe! Wow….Love that!

icon_wink.gif

but well done Ally praising the opposition and showing a bit of respect and class.

I don't think anybody from Rangers could have said they played well today, so not surprising what Ally said.

Buffel at least looked interested which is a good sign for me, especially as Burke/Naismith are probably crocked

Buffel certainly looked a damn sight more interested than Hemdani or Cousin, can't wait to see the back of those two. And I know Smith was taken off because he's just back - played ok really and good to see him finally back and looking fit - but whoever told Kirk Broadfoot he can play football needs shooting.

Aach well, we're in the Final, got a massive three matches coming up, it's probably a sign of how well we've done this season that we're all annoyed icon_biggrin.gif

Daniel Cousin wins it for Rangers. The ridiculously laid-back Rangers striker strokes the ball past Main. He barely even celebrates. Almost Marco Negri-esque in his muted expressionless-ness. 4-3

even the guy at BBC noticed that Cousin looked a bit like Negri when he scored the winning pen, dunno if that was based on how the team performed or how he personally feels. Hopefully the former

Not a good performance at all. but we are through.

I was impressed with Buffel today, he hasn't played in ages so can't expect everything but his goal that was chalked off was a great little bit of skill.

Could be useful in the next few weeks.

Originally posted by Caleyjag:

Read somewhere that if Buffel played 3 more games it would activate a clause that we'd need to pay more to whoever he came from.

Sick to death of Rangers sidelining players because of things like this.

I find that hard to believe as he's played 80(something) games for us. Its a rather odd nuumber to have a clause inserted for.

He's simply not in the plans, and played today because we're down to the bare bones.

Wikipedia says he has played 62 games. Counting the one today that makes 63, with 65 being the figure that would apparantely trigger this clause.

I agree it's bizarre that it's not something like 50 games which is more of a milestone.

Guest sav112

Considering we lost lee I’d go with Buffel playing, if its down to cost then someone should give Ger’s a reality check after the extra cash the Uefa cup will bring in.

Hemdani or Cousin probably know time is running out for them, Cousins is already a done deal and there is a problem with Hemdani with him only playing in Europe.

Dire first half- slightly better in the 2nd but very poor overall- Defense was shaky, midfield missing ( apart from watching the long balls go over their head ) and the forwards toothless.. Novo took his pen well but was poor throughout. Buffel looked quite reasonable considering his lack og games. As was said above, it is a long time since we have played well domestically and despite this, we are still in all the competitions- perhaps the sign of a good team maybe ?

With all the injuries ansd suspensions, the options for the management are lessening daily, so the ones who are left will have to buckle down and get on with it.

Originally posted by Caleyjag:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimbo22:

Today was Buffel's 85th game for us.

Heh, just shows Wikipedia and the media are way off icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wikipedia only ever lists league games. According to soccerbase, never the most accurate website, he's started 47 league games. Maybe the clause is 50 league starts?

Oh, and thanks for tiring out St. Johnstone. Maybe we'll actually win a game on Wednesday.

of all the luck. tired squad who have played lots of games with more to come, and we have to play an extra 30 minutes extra time. sounds like a dire night but at least it keeps quadruple aspirations going, and although it probably wont happen, the longer we go being able to win, the better our morale should be.

the last thing we need is to do an arsenal and spontaneously combust and ruin our season in a matter of weeks

Archived