Quick with poor tecnique or slow with great technique?

Tristan_Nieve

Hi, what do you think that would work better, a squad full of very quick players with poor technique or a squad with technical and slow players? I've read that many people think pace and acceleration are the most powerful attriubtes in FM08, but I'm not so sure about it, so I would like to know more opinions.

There was a thread about this in the General Discussion forum. Quick players are massively overrated in FM.

However, a slow player with great technique can also tear apart the league(Riquelme)

My suggestion is to have great technique midfielders with fast wingers tearing up the flanks. Your midfield will rule.

Hi, what do you think that would work better, a squad full of very quick players with poor technique or a squad with technical and slow players? I've read that many people think pace and acceleration are the most powerful attriubtes in FM08, but I'm not so sure about it, so I would like to know more opinions.

Can't we have both :p

Pace/Acceleration does/can play a big role in FM08, but that are more variables then that to take into account such as, how you play/set up your team. How the opposition plays, what kind of players they have etc.... So it's never that simple for me, with your scenario are the pacey players both footed or one footed? That also has a big impact.

There was a thread about this in the General Discussion forum. Quick players are massively overrated in FM.

However, a slow player with great technique can also tear apart the league(Riquelme)

My suggestion is to have great technique midfielders with fast wingers tearing up the flanks. Your midfield will rule.

Do you have the link of that thread? It would be great to read it.

Thank you all for you answers. :)

I could go for either or as long as they're determined. For AMC's I like technique over pace. For strikers I like one big slow guy with great shooting and one fast guy who doesn't have to be as technically gifted. Probably the reason I love playing as Bayern/had so much success with them. All of the key players on their squad have 16 or higher determination.

Archived