[FM2017] Mod for stadiums - especially for lower leagues

KUBI

Just now, cregan said:

They're nice, aren't they? I'm wondering about doing the same with the red traffic cones (they're in the corners of most/all grounds if you remove the corner wall) but using red spectators instead. Or the bins. It's just a shame there aren't any "bloke walking his dog past the pitch" textures... :D

probably there is some solution to load this files in some 3D editor...

not related to this but-i managed to extract comps.dbc with some tricks.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't suppose they cheer also? ;-)

Still all seems pretty difficult to get a grip on, stand-wise. Cregan seems to know what he's doing, but it's all rather complicated for the layman (like myself).

I wonder why SI haven't made these editable by means of the pre-game, or preferably te in-game editor. A tool to choose types of stands for the different pitch sides, depending on total capacity, including a 'no-stand' option.

1 hour ago, KUBI said:

The .sia files are made with the silo 3D modeling software. But if you load the files into the free trial version it shows nothing.

http://nevercenter.com/silo/

Full Version Still Nothing. I will continue here observing your findings, very eager to discover how the game sets the stadium for the teams!

Edited by ViniSCCP

10 hours ago, cregan said:

Strange! I wonder why yours is better behaving than mine...

i have SILO on linux mint and it crashes every time i try to load sia file. is there someone from SI to help? This isnt something forbidden-we just wanna mod some graphics in game

17 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

i have SILO on linux mint and it crashes every time i try to load sia file. is there someone from SI to help? This isnt something forbidden-we just wanna mod some graphics in game

I don't think the sia files in this case are SILO sia files, I seem to remember when we have asked in the past how the 3D stuff is done it is created by in-house software from one of Segas other studios. Though I'll see if I can get a definite answer for you.

7 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

I don't think the sia files in this case are SILO sia files, I seem to remember when we have asked in the past how the 3D stuff is done it is created by in-house software from one of Segas other studios. Though I'll see if I can get a definite answer for you.

Great-thanks for answer. If someone from SI can explain how stadiums are generated-maybe we can use that information to set stadium folder so we can use it for lower leagues.  Stadiums with same capacity have different look in game and we cant figure out what is trigger for that. Also we need to understand data in JSON file-any help is appreciated. Many people play FM only for LLM and this can be only good thing for SI and for us. 

I just looked at "stadiums" folder on fm16 and everything is much easier because there is single JSON file for every variation. However this can be helpfull for understanding of new JSON file.

Got an answer from SI and as I thought the sia files aren't SILO files - they are created using SI's own software (along with the animation files) its just a coincidence that they happen to have the same file extension as the SILO files, which means unfortunately they cannot be read by SILO (or any other public software) which means you cannot edit them.

The best you can do is mess around with the variables in the json files or mess around with the texture files.

19 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Got an answer from SI and as I thought the sia files aren't SILO files - they are created using SI's own software (along with the animation files) its just a coincidence that they happen to have the same file extension as the SILO files, which means unfortunately they cannot be read by SILO (or any other public software) which means you cannot edit them.

The best you can do is mess around with the variables in the json files or mess around with the texture files.

Thanks for your effort. Is there any chance to ask someone about new JSON file? Last year (fm16) we had multiple JSON fiiles for each variable and 1 "main" JSON file. I tried to understand and its not so difficult. This version however i cant.

We have "hash keys" instead of multiple JSON files and i dont know how to add new variable (i guess game read this variable using this hash key but how to add new one??)

Any explanation about that will be usefull. TBH i think this is oversight by SI because they have gap between stadiums without stands (0 capacity) and stadium with 2000 capacity. 

1 or 2 more folders and 50 lines is nothing for them but this will be very usefull for LLM players.

The difference to last year is that the stadiums are now built modular, where last year they did use models. So the question is, how this modules are used for different clubs.

1 minute ago, KUBI said:

The difference to last year is that the stadiums are now built modular, where last year they did use models. So the question is, how this modules are used for different clubs.

Why "stands" section is deleted from stadium database records in editor? This will be very usefull for precise settings about every stadium. I guess something is wrong with it.

14 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

Thanks for your effort. Is there any chance to ask someone about new JSON file? Last year (fm16) we had multiple JSON fiiles for each variable and 1 "main" JSON file. I tried to understand and its not so difficult. This version however i cant.

We have "hash keys" instead of multiple JSON files and i dont know how to add new variable (i guess game read this variable using this hash key but how to add new one??)

Any explanation about that will be usefull. TBH i think this is oversight by SI because they have gap between stadiums without stands (0 capacity) and stadium with 2000 capacity. 

1 or 2 more folders and 50 lines is nothing for them but this will be very usefull for LLM players.

I don't think there is any way to add extra stadiums (like with all skinning we can only modify existing items not add new ones) as there is no way to link your custom data to the actual game code - for example if the game has four templates to choose from for each stand, then you can modify the data in each of the templates as the game (largely) doesn't care what the template contents look like, but there is no way to add a fifth template because the game isn't looking for a fifth template and there is no way to tell the game it exists.

Looking at the files the hash keys seem to act as unique ids for each item (for example each instance of the SHORT_EXITS_STEPS_PLAYER_TUNNEL has the same hash key).

Whilst the ids look like they are linked to individual stands, but are sometimes repeated - its possible the game picks the stand type from the id and then uses the one with the correct capacity value, and then when the ground is expanded uses the same id but the next capacity stand up to improve the appearance as the stadium expands.

For how the game determines what stadium each team uses, as far as I am aware some of it is set by the researchers, with the other bits set dynamically by the game (though real life accuracy is dependent upon licensing).

I'll see if I can get any more information regarding how the stadiums are assigned to teams and if there is anyway to influence it.

Okay, I've been trying to decrypt some of this and here is my findings (some of this might be listed here already). Most of this is just in note form - ask me if I should explain anything.

Folder structure

• 6 folders with numbers
    • Contains subfolders a/b/c/d/e - These are different 'models' of stadiums
    • Contains subfolder no_stand - This is the "no stand" model (but ONLY CORNERS)
  • 1 no_stand folder
    • Contains .sia files for the "no stand" model for right and top sides
  • 1 renovation folder
    • Contains .sia files for the "renovation" models
  • 1 texture folder (is this new?!)
    • Contains textures for all the models

stand_metadata.json

Basically, this contains two lists. It seems that the first list contains elements that describes which stadiums can be used in which regions.

disabled : false,		| Is the model disabled?
      id : 1,				| Unique identifier
      name : "A",			| Name of the model
      regions : 1,			| Which regions can this appear in?
      tags : 1				| Tags

So, that's my observations for the first list. I'm not entirely sure if I got it right. I'm sure of disabled, id and name, but they are kind of obviously.

The second list is the one defining the stadiums and their stands. Each entry into this list is a stand (either corner, right or top). Again, I've tried to guess what each line is

capacity_tags : 0,						| I don't know
      hash_key : 1424662799,				| Most likely used in a hash function as a unique identifier
      id : 545,								| Unique identifier
      name : "0-10000/a/corner",			| The name/path
      steps : [								| This is a list of steps - It seems that each step is a new floor.
        {
          capacity : 107,					| Capacity of this step
          hash_key : 1643777492,			| Unique hash key for this step
          name : "MEDIUM_EXITS_STEPS",		| Name of the step
          section : [						| Sections within the step
            {
              capacity : 107				| Capacity of the first section
            },
            {
              capacity : 0					| Capacity of the section
            },
            {
            },
            {
            }
          ],
          tunnel : false					| Does this step contain a tunnel?
        }
      ]

I'll continue digging, but I don't think I'll get anything more useful without being able to actually view the .sia files.

Edited by Willigenburg

I'm 99% sure the "section: capacity 1 / capacity 2 / capacity 3" entries are what sets the tiering, with each tier having its own capacity that adds up to the total. Each "step" seems instead to be a style variant within the same base module.

9 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Looking at the files the hash keys seem to act as unique ids for each item (for example each instance of the SHORT_EXITS_STEPS_PLAYER_TUNNEL has the same hash key).

Not that hash key- you have unique hash key for each step - in this case its 1424662799 and its unique identifier for 0-10000/a/corner folder.

All that hash keys are unique and we cant add new one to make new folder with settings for lower capacity stadiums. One option is to use all unique hash keys for complete new folder settings and new JSON file. For example i can use hash keys that are used in 0-10000/a,b,c,es folder but i will create new folder called 0-1000 and create new a,b,c,d folder for my need. Now problem is that i cant use that hash keys again in original 0-10000 folder.

Its much easier to understand all this when you take a look in FM16 JSON parent and child files. I thinkwe can  add new child JSON file and set new folder for it using sia files from all other folders(we test data and keep them in some backup folder with picture so we can know what data we have. After that we need to add path for this new child JSON in main JSON file and thats it. This is just theory but i think this will work on FM16.

All i want to say is this- child JSON file on FM16 is  unique hash key on FM17. Im not sure about this but i think so...

Need time to test this on FM16 and to be sure.

capacity_tags : 0,						| I don't know
      hash_key : 1424662799,				| Most likely used in a hash function as a unique identifier
      id : 545,								| Unique identifier
      name : "0-10000/a/corner",			| The name/path
      steps : [			

I managed to set stadium as i wish (only 1 smallest stand from 0-10000/c/top folder and its stand across the main stand) but only when i delete all folders and set only 1 folder using 3 (now empty) hash keys. However i will need to set all folders again using hash keys that are left free-i dont know how many are in JSON file but i will count them and try to make my own stadium folder. Folder by folder and test by test i will found how game generate stadiums but im sure 99% that we need new "empty" hash keys if we want to add new folder for lower capacity stadium and to keep rest. Problem is i dont have enough free time now for that. Simple way is to ask someone from SI to make this change for us- LLM is very popular in community and this can be only good thing for SI and for us. 

What i dont like- we dont have some contact here to make propositions to SI about something like this. I need to ask MOD and he have to ask john, john need to ask mark and so on.

We had similar problem in bugs forum and now its much better situation because we have feedback information and guys from this thread are very good and very fast with their answers and help.

New features thread is joke TBH. Without any feedback i dont have reason to write any. Tried couple of times-never get single answer from SI. Simple answer: we will consider this; we are not interested to make this; dont write stupid propositions... any feedbck would be nice. This way they just show arogancy and lack of respect for us as customers. I write all this not to argue or to make some chaos here-i just want to make this game even better and for this i need SI.

So please give us some proper answer without using mark, john or any other no name guy.

Regards

On 11/14/2016 at 16:18, ommerson said:

Very much interested in that tutorial Sevestra. Sounds promising!

Has anyone done up a tutorial for stadium modding?

I am new to editing file on FM and am lost on this thread.

I have used FMRTE to edit so far:

In the '3D Details' section of stadium edit, all the corner sections of my edited stadium are terraces. Unlike in FMRTE 16, I can no longer change between using seating and terrace. The drop down option is no longer there.

When I play a match I can see that all the stands are populated with fans but the corner sections are empty. The weird thing is I can still get a full house even though the numbers don't add up without the amounts from all the corner sections. Only once did the game tell me that the Premier League does not allow terraces, but yet I can still get a full house for big games. 

rte.thumb.PNG.e191589a45c7bb27d494e6c18d

5858577ebef38_DublinFCvLiverpool_Pitch-j

• 10 months later...

I guess we will need a new one, as the stadium module is different in FM 2018.  

But as long as we can't extract the files nobody knows how customisable it is.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...