[FM17] The Hart Chronicles - Volume II: Adam Hart is 'Yes Man'!

PaulHartman71

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

January

7a3293c3753ada5b9ec87440b4974d63.png

We got 2018 off to a reasonable start, with 2 wins, 1 draw and a loss this month. The draw away to Lye and the win at home to Coleshill both featured very late goals to secure the point and the win, which is an encouraging sign as we've done that a lot this season. The Heanor loss was really poor and a bit of a write off, but we at least bounced back to beat a pretty good Market Drayton side 3-1 at their place. 

49ad3ca93e17aca7eade4ef98d2d172b.png

We now sit in 14th place, but as you can see it's very tight and there's plenty of potential to rocket up the table if we continue this decent form.

8 hours ago, deltablue said:

Hopefully you can take a step up before some other buggers come in for you :D

My main worry is that I only ever seem to get offered 1 year contracts so far and since I'm never on much money, there's never a huge pay out clause to put off other bottom of the barrel clubs offering me the job  :D   

Fingers crossed the League Cup win has counted for something and a side in the 8th or 7th tier does take a chance on me though! 

4 hours ago, Wavelberry said:

Shame you didn't get a job down in Basvegas. That would've been awesome for ya

Probably one of few places that would be worse than Coventry. Haven't been to Basildon for years, though the more I hear about it the more it sounds like it's got even worse. That horrendous sign still gives me a giggle every time going past it on the 127 though :D 

Edited by PaulHartman71

February

2143fa1fc9096cb6ef8b59d463e0772e.png

Another very inconsistent month, which saw 3 wins, 1 draw and 3 losses. The highlight of the month was coming from behind to beat Highgate. The derby game at home to Coventry United was horrific. We were 1-0 up at half-time, but by the 60th minute we'd surrendered the lead. I was still happy with a point against a side that are much better than us, but then the bastards grabbed a 91st minute winner. Devastating stuff. 

d1f5bfcece68031aea459a0fbcd3e3e4.png

We've moved up to 12th now, although Long Eaton below us have an incredible 4 games in hand.

Edited by PaulHartman71

April

e1e4815f8e079e3cb8a1b174dd7114b9.png

A pretty crap end to the season, with only a 2-0 win at home to an already relegated Kimberley Miners Welfare, giving us anything to shout about. 

54de8f65ab18775123a902bd089c60ef.png

We end the season in 13th place, which isn't bad, but not too good either. The board seem happy enough and have given me a new 1 year contract. I will look to strengthen in the summer and hope we can do better next season (before I get nabbed by another lumbering mid-table County Leagues side :D )

Season 2: Coventry Sphinx 

d367ce96f9f8acf5d99bfd94780553de.png

I joined The Sphinx in late November with them lingering in 12th place and already eliminated from every cup competition. I've not really seen any progress as we ended up in 13th, the board seem happy enough for now though even though 12th wasn't good enough for my predecessor - perhaps they had other issues with him regarding morale or money, I don't know. I wouldn't mind staying for the whole of next season at least and having a proper crack at this division, as it looks like I should have a relatively tasty wage budget next season, at least compared to this season.

Squad pt 1pt 2

The squad really doesn't have too many players to shout about. Akeal Rehman was our best player and I'd like to hang onto the defensive minded midfielder for next year. Our other best players were all loanees, with wingers Ollie Chamberlain and Daniel Okoye showing the odd glimpse of talent, although they were both very inconsistent and would often spend games looking very anonymous. Our two strikers were also both loanees, with injury prone George West and Shane Burton just about managing 21 goals between them. A big overhaul is due this summer. 

Career History

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Season     Club                 Division                          Position      Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17    Ipswich Wanderers    Eastern Counties Premier League     8th         Eastern Counties League Cup Winners
2017/18    Ipswich Wanderers    Eastern Counties Premier League    11th         Left in November
2017/18    Coventry Sphinx      Midland Football Premier League    13th         N/A

Trophy Cabinet

Eastern Counties League Cup  x1 - 2016/17 (Ipswich Wanderers) 

Summer Transfers

I've made quite a few transfers this summer, all freebies of course. 

ce1e0c739027597da676f1a5c66b65e4.png

The key pickups include: Josh Price, who is a young versatile defender; Ollie Hotchkiss, an experienced central midfielder; Adam Male, who is a young left back and finally, Jesse Darko, an exciting 25 year old Austrian striker who I'm hoping will score a lot of goals this season.

August

95335feccb526fd8a1c3f63581145d21.png

We kicked off our FA Cup campaign with a ding-dong battle and a win against 10th tier side Knowle, with a Jesse Darko hat-trick and a late winner from Jamie Towers seeing us through. We unfortunately lost to fellow County Leagues side, Maine Road, 2-1 in the Preliminary Round, despite being 1-0 up at one point, which was a tad disappointing. 

b00a06db4639fdd4855e4742486d04bb.png

We've started really slowly in the league, with just 1 point and 1 goal in our first 3 games. We did manage to do a lot better against Bewdley though, with a 4-2 win thanks to a Scott Sinclair hat-trick hopefully kick-starting our season. 

9acb4bd0931c218fc4d394f2ab16afcd.png

September

3a2f8d5b35296703fe652a0e04aaabef.png

A 3-1 win against 10th tier side S+L Corby sees us comfortably through in the FA Vase. 

b2b327e994ef6beb4f81cfad97d7457f.png

A slightly better month in the league. We got it off to a great start with 2 consecutive wins against Brocton and Sporting Khalsa. We then lost 1-0 to Tividale, before a gripping game at Holbrook that finished 3-3 thanks to a late equaliser from Scott Sinclair. Unfortunately, we followed that up with our 2nd 1-0 loss of the month. 

b7fbfe8def48c90a750b4c16feab406f.png

We're very much still an inconsistent mid-table side at the present

October

b8350701061c0e647bc7fbcd150814c1.png

We had just 1 league game this month, it's a good thing we made it count. We butchered Quorn 4-1. 

e7aae06802aa3a9f048d6527aeba6979.png

We're now up to 11th place. 

80418b3145392c091ca6419d8f83da94.png

We faced 10th tier side Heath Hayes in the Midland Football League Cup. We absolutely smashed them with Scott Sinclair getting an incredible 5 goals to his na,e. 

2a4b3f4889ebf8404206912a34de8131.png

We had more success to come in the cup competitions this month. We just about took fellow County Leagues side Hailsham to a replay, after Scott Sinclair scored a last minute equaliser in the home tie. We then went to their place and absolutely blew them away, with Sinclair this time getting a hat-trick to seal a 5-2 win. 

November

dede00f50f163eaff2988b68a2e4ef90.png

A 4-0 win saw us through in the FA Vase, thanks to doubles from both Sinclair and Darko. 

f561dd6acdf8862841c8367cf6d3ddb6.png

A huge November saw us pick up a memorable 3-1 win against arch rivals Coventry United. We were 1-0 down at half-time and I was quite pessimistic about the rest of the match, yet within 3 minutes of the 2nd half we were 2-1 up! This was such a big win that it softened the blow of the poor form in the other 3 matches this month. 

af27a2d334dcee60402803b1315542be.png

For reasons that will soon become clear, the loss to Walsall Wood ended up being my final ever match for The Sphinx.

Edited by PaulHartman71

I was reasonably enjoying my time at Coventry this season and thought we could do much better in my first full season. We were never in danger of forcing a title/promotion challenge, but I thought despite our inconsistent form we could definitely make a go at a solid top half finish. Jesse Darko and Scott Sinclair formed a fine partnership up-front, with Darko having 15 goals in 20 games, and Sinclair with 20 in 21 - a lot of those goals came in cup games, but their league totals weren't too bad. I'm not sure if we could've actually done anything in the FA Vase or the Midland Football League Cup, but we were looking decent in both and we could've gone further I feel. 

I have however been offered a new job, so off I pop!

Career History

Season     Club                 Division                          Position      Achievements
2016/17    Ipswich Wanderers    Eastern Counties Premier League     8th         Eastern Counties League Cup Winners
2017/18    Ipswich Wanderers    Eastern Counties Premier League    11th         Left in November
2017/18    Coventry Sphinx      Midland Football Premier League    13th         N/A
2018/19    Coventry Sphinx      Midland Football Premier League    10th         Left in December 

Trophy Cabinet

5877d2bd84e6d94f7eb58e51c4ebd66e.png

0e8c571fba58fbbf19f7ac8e73b1637f.png

c2950caf4cdf6590ec0167b1771a76bc.png

Carlton Town are currently 12th place in the United Counties Premier League, which is yes, another 9th tier County Leagues division. The one positive of Carlton Town though, is that they were actually just relegated from the 8th tier, the Northern Premier League 1st Div South, which means they should have a decent squad and the funds to push for promotion. Fingers crossed!

db0cb6f8a9484761f749a73a8db36726.png

As you can see, we're currently in 12th place, whilst some of the higher places are not out of sight, it certainly does not look like Carlton will be going straight back up this season. There's also the real danger of a hell of a lot of teams below us not being all that far behind. 

The better players in the team appear to be Ryan Ellison at CB, Tom Hart who is a versatile winger and Edouard Schoenecker in central midfield.

81d13773f7f4b78077a35db19aad35a8.png

As I expected, we're long gone in the FA Cup and the FA Vase thanks to my predecessor, but thankfully we are still in the United Counties League Cup, so hopefully we can have a crack at that. 

376a7d1eaed41f0f51c8294847dfdb28.png

An absolutely incredible start to life at Carlton Town. A high scoring draw with Harrowby in normal time, which saw Neil Hawkridge grab a late equaliser to take it to extra-time. It ended up going to penalties - it was all square after the first 8 penalties at 4-4, at which point our young Goalkeeper, Adam Mazzone, on loan from Mansfield Town, decided it was his time to be the hero. He saved Harrowby's 5th penalty, before sensationally taking our 5th penalty himself and slotting it away to put us through to the Quarter Final. Incredible scenes!! 

Image result for carlton dance gif

Loved the old thread, gotta love this one as well.

Good luck, roaming around the lower tiers of English football, I fear you'll be stuck for a while, if you can't catch a lucky break somewhere. Fingers crossed, tho :thup: 

(P.S., sorry 'bout the loss of your old man, but I've gotta say he had it comin'... Sorry :rolleyes:)

January

2eaa5e08894585f6afd5bf75e37fa0d6.png

We've had a difficult start to 2019 as a lot of the games we've played have been against sides above us. We recorded just 1 win, with a crazy 4-4 draw, as well as 3 unfortunate losses. 

ad9dfff74850e239c79862a702416bf3.png

We're now in 11th place, with plenty of opportunity to move up or down the table. 

5f7eacce599d2377ecf21ae0a00108cd.png

We faced 10th tier side S+L Corby in the Quarter Final of the United Counties League Cup, it was a lot harder than I was expecting and we only managed to win it on penalties in the end. We did win it though and have earned a place in the Semi Final for our troubles. 

February 

a1354a8c7f633a8d508b4c49e5762387.png

This month was definitely a huge improvement on January. We got off to a rocky start with a 1-0 loss to Boston Town, but then went on a good run of two away wins on the bounce, against Yaxley and Wisbech, before drawing at Wellingborough. We did lose to Deeping Rangers which was a pity, but since then we beat Huntingdon 2-1 and then smashed Kirby Muxloe 6-3 to end the month on a big high. 

cd31e4e9f135d90f3f316b0bd7d358ef.png

We're in 10th place, which is pretty so-so. I'm really hoping we can move up a few places before the end of the season, but the sides above us do have a game in hand on us for now. 

March

25bf845d6fe907ff3e88cc7be9d02e54.png

4 of the Carlton faithful braved the trip to Melton Mowbray, probably just to try out some of the local pork pies, but they did also see us win 2-0 against the 10th tier unit, to put ourselves into the United Counties League Cup final. I don't think most the lower league sides seem to take the County League Cups that seriously, but I think it's a great chance to win some trophies so I do take them seriously and aim to win. We've got Northampton ON Chenecks in the final, who are quite low down in the division we play in, so I'm really hoping we can win it. 

53b5144be20f6ade303c4be5a128da9f.png

A pretty solid month overall, with 3 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses. The win at Rothwell Corinthians was great as I more or less wrote the game of at the 75th minute mark after I'd made my last substitution, so you can imagine my elation when I flicked back to the game after going for a poo to see that we won it 2-1. Cracking stuff. 

4861e861c597e83b7c1f9159f33306a2.png

We're in 9th place, with a game in hand on Wisbech who are a point ahead of us. We have 5 games left. 

13 hours ago, jim owen said:

Looks like Adam could spend a long time at level 9. How have Ipswich got on since you left?

They finished 8th last season, but this year they have more or less sealed 2nd place this season in the Eastern Counties PL, although they are still 11 points off of Godmanchester who will get promoted as champions. 

Season 3: Carlton Town

I joined Carlton Town on the 1st of December, with the side hoping to get an upper mid-table finish in the United Counties Premier League. We did do this and came 9th, but despite also reach the United Counties League Cup Final, the board decided to sack me due to the poor morale at the club - which they'd already cautioned me about. I'm not sure why they were so bothered about it to be honest and I think they over-reacted a bit, but oh well, onwards and upwards we go!

Squad pt 1,

Our best player was probably Kyle Riley, who scored 15 goals in 30 games. Our other striker, Tom Perry, scored more with 17 goals, but he played in far more matches. Tom Hart, a hard working winger, is also worth a mention.  

Career History

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Season     Club                 Division                          Position      Achievements/Other
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19    Coventry Sphinx      Midland Football Premier League    10th         Left in December 
2018/19    Carlton Town         United Counties Premier League      8th         United Counties League Cup runners-up. Sacked. 

Trophy Cabinet

The Press are absolutely lapping it up at the moment. I've pretty much entirely ignored them throughout my entire 3 year career, but now I'm unemployed I have time to kill, shade to throw and new clubs to flirt with - so I'm talking to them almost on a daily basis  :D 

503b5ab92cd1f54749e4e1ac25ebdefd.png

4ea9d4e871d0f020304b02c93039a3a0.png

a9f7b3824bc3f2d91a56bd57e5c710c8.png

5e0987af0531fa74cca2a8631e6dc8a8.png

Very interesting idea Paul. Will follow this to see how you do. As you've highlighted yourself I worry that you might take a long time to get anywhere due to anybody being able to sign you regardless of your current position. Until the 3/4 year contracts start coming in you're not going to have anything protecting you from the worst of the worst approaching. But that's what makes this so intriguing, good luck man :D 

7 hours ago, JDownie said:

Very interesting idea Paul. Will follow this to see how you do. As you've highlighted yourself I worry that you might take a long time to get anywhere due to anybody being able to sign you regardless of your current position. Until the 3/4 year contracts start coming in you're not going to have anything protecting you from the worst of the worst approaching. But that's what makes this so intriguing, good luck man :D 

Thanks, I'm hoping I can get a lucky break somewhere. It seems that I might actually have lucked out by moving to Basildon (not a sentence that gets uttered very often) as they actually finished 3rd in the Essex Senior League last season. Whilst they were 12 points off of top spot, that's by far the best team on paper that I've managed so far. 

First time opening up this new career of yours. You're just going to be bouncing randomly around England all career long, won't you? :lol: Completely mental premise for a thread, but I guess it's going to be entertaining!