FM 17 - Olympique de Marseille: The american dream !!

nico_france

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, ig0rf said:

Finished the 1st season in 3rd. Lost the 2nd place to Monaco in the last game, as I had a draw at home against Bastia :( 

Dolberg was the top scorer in Ligue 1, 25 goals. 

In my first season i also did a crappy result against Bastia at home, lost 2-0

How do you play Dolberg ? Upfront or as an If ?

Otherwise it seems that you spend a pretty good season, hope that you will make it to the group stage in CL, you can face some of the big boys to get to the group stage :)

SECOND SEASON 2017/2018

2016/2017 quick overview

As i stated in previous posts, i started again with the latest patch and some licences fixes ;)

I won't go in depth  for 2016/2017, but for the one who like, here is the league table OMG LYON

As you can see a BIG surprise, as Lyon won the league over PSG and OM, PSG did not get any domestic trophies :) and i even beat them two times, one at home with a 92th minute THAUVIN goal and one time in Coupe de la Ligue Final !

I was able to lift Coupe de la Ligue against PSG 1-0 so it was a good season in and out

Transfer wise here is what i did Transfers S1

Some good additions with instant impact and some for the future, few disappointments and some good surprises HILIJEMARK had been immense

As my defensive records were just not good at all this is one of the area i definitely focus on for next transfer window in order to get better results !

TRANSFERS S2

Was given 91M€ from my board, so....

36429801117a18b785c481abfdc71ece.png

Some big and massive additions here,

But it completely changed the squad

LEMINA is back to the Velodrome after his successful stay at Juventus, really worth the money as he's homegrown and a great roaming playmaker or box to box

Well i eyed him all the season long during his loan spell in Dortmund, even if i had to spend almost half ( ;) ) of my transfer budget, what an oustanding player and finisher IHEANACHO is !! Will detail what he did for us below, but definitely worth the invest as one of the greatest complete forward of this version !

KRISTENSEN is an incredible danish fullback (rated 5 stars), very young, good physical attributes he secured that flank where i had to do with Sakai last year who was not great enough in the defensive phase

THAUVIN is an already agreed transfer when you start the game, useful for my rotation

What can i say about this lad ?? Got him in my previous save and played him alone upfront, was ok but not a game breaker, but here, i retrained him as an IF on the right wing, and what a beast !! (will screen it below) BERAHINO is an incredible freebie and outstanding player, definitely a must sign !

RUDIGER was unhappy at Roma, the fee was reasonnable for a player for such physical attributes, his pairing with my young starlet SARR had been wonderful (7.45 avg in the season for the german beast)

Transfer listed CORREA was a good addition for that money, had a 4 months injury though, will be sold this summer as i have good stuff incoming :D

AJER was one of my FM favorite last season, still a very capable CM and very versatile, must buy for that money for any side

WITSEL is one of the good freebie you can get in S1, was a bit disappointed, but will be sold for good money this summer i think :)

For the departures, no regrets and some good deals, Doria wanted a massive payrise, that he found with Puel at Saint Mary's  where he's barely playing :idiot:

Sakai performed very well with me providing tons of assist but defensively he's just not good and allowed to free up a non EU spot and some decent money as well :)

SET UP

9f6a7f6362a5278873b1051e5a5dfc88.png

Very strong starting eleven, goals are coming from everywhere, and good possession in most of my games

But it's also vunerable to lethal counters, so to tweak again

COMPETITIONS

Champions League

Glad we made it to the group stage

5610bfe3124c98e82c7dac7ffda1881d.png

That was pretty hard in Sevilla :)

And we inherit a small group: Porto, Chelsea, Shaktar !

e3b12f80d7f49a4478954138c67de782.png

As a result finished 3rd, so dissapointing to drop points against the supposed lower teams when i just outplayed Chelsea that way :eek:

Our run in Europa League ended against Liverpool in quarter final, trashed 4-0 away, one of our crappiest game

Trashed Spartak and Monaco before

Domestic Competitions

No cups this year,

Loss in semi final against PSG away 1-0

Loss in the first round of Coupe de la Ligue on penalties away in Lorient (2-2)

BUT

Here is what we did in Ligue 1

f39a37c3484024348a636c7019bb1262.png

What a season !

Not even a single draw, but 7 losses (2 times against PSG btw...)

And i also settled a new victory record 31,

Very happy of my records even if i conceeded too many goals on weaker teams

RAJKOVIC ended up the season with 14 clean sheets (best record in the league)

OGCN position is a true enigma tbh as they have a really decent squad, may be a clue, their coach was one of the Marseille favorite's last year, the spaniard Michel that OM board dismissed IRL after his awful season :lol::lol:

Team and players awards

Lets start with the: Best rookie, Best player of the Ligue 1 and the Top scorer :)

fdaa85eb7994104b9e71714d08c97320.jpg

Not bad but can still improve :cool:

Etoile d'or and Best assist man

79c8a8ad51d4d7ec3a275dd109f69e8c.jpg

He had some difficulties at first, but once settled, he was just unstoppable on the right flank, Southgate called him for the World Cup btw ;)

fecfbccccc71a72b72171b57798c2117.png

It looks like we got some serious performers in town :brock:

59e7190aa085b7ac6bb86d502c2d65f7.png

The swedish fullback that i bought in S1 had been great aswell !

Equipe des Etoiles (Team of the year)

51402f83a6b780ae94e1018fe1f5d7b4.png

Well it escalated quickly :)

I'm already in my transfers with a few deals agreed, my main concern was my Left winger and good defensive midfielder, the problem is already solved :)

I will know focus on quality rotation fullbacks and another CB

Objectives for next season:

-Secure another Ligue 1

-Lift a domestic cup

-1/4 final Champions League

6 hours ago, nico_france said:

In my first season i also did a crappy result against Bastia at home, lost 2-0

How do you play Dolberg ? Upfront or as an If ?

Otherwise it seems that you spend a pretty good season, hope that you will make it to the group stage in CL, you can face some of the big boys to get to the group stage :)

Thanks! I'll play against Benfica in the playoff stage.

I'm using dolberg upfront, as complete forward, support.

In the start of the season I was struggling, always between 8-10. After the midseason (short) break I get to play very well (last 19 games: 14W 2D 3L).

To the 2nd season, i brought: Diego Llorente, Carrasso (to help in the Champions League inscription), Chancel Mbemba, Morgan Sanson, Juanpi, Corchia, M'vila, Lemina and Pulisic. 

My team is:

GK: Lafont (Carrasso)

RB: Corchia (Pedro Pereira)

LB: Jorge (Pedro Pereira or Akieme)

DC: Issa Diop and Doria (Diego Llorente/Chancel Mbemba).. actually, I'll use who is playing better.

DMC: M'vila (Simao/Marc Roca)

MC (Playmaker): Morgan Sanson (Koziello)

MC (Box to Box): Lemina (Papa Ndiaye)

IF/R: Juanpi (Thauvin)

IF/L: Pulisic (Cabella)

ST: Dolberg (Max Romero)

4 hours ago, Jean-Luc said:

You play with 6 Attack duties? That's quite something...

Congratulations on the league win. :)

(Althoug a silent tear goes to OGC Nice. What a shame.)

Hey Jean Luc and thanks :))

In fact I just keep on tweaking my tactic which was not like that role wise,

But I was struggling getting goals in S1

Then I modified a few things and with my new faces in it had been even more effective

Must reckon it s not well balanced, counters can kill me, but so far I did not succeed creating a great tactic and it s quite a struggle compare to FM16 where I settled a great winning tactic with the same set up

Ogcn should be flying in Ligue 2 this year, but it so weird, they did not make massive sells in S1 to play so badly this year

started up a save with OM

brought in Perin at GK, Jorge at LB, Lozano at LW, Upamecano for depth and hopefully my future starting CB, Ascacibar for midfield had to loan him out though to satisfy the foreign quota, Kerbrat and Azouni were brought in for depth the latter fills up a HG-club later if I qualify for CL 

currently early December third behind PSG+OL.....only one point behind OL think i can fight for second, no way do I see myself winning the league team has too many holes in it, looking at a few players on free for next summer most notably Yann M'Vila

come next season switching from a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-2-2-2

GK: Perin

CB (BPD): Doria, Upamecano

RB (CWB): ??? 

LB (CWB): Jorge

CM (BWM): ???, ???

LW (IF): Lozano

RW (IF): Thauvian

ST (AF): ???, ??? 

at Rb I dont want to sell Sakai but may need to in order to reduce the Foreign quota, plus I may cash in on him since hes been my best player...for replacements maybe someone like Corchia, at CM I have Ascacibar out on loan in Argentina not sure if hes ready to start away in one of the spots, but currently looking at trying to get M'Vila assuming his wage demands arent stupid...as for ST honestly have no freaking clue, I like the look of Vincent Aboukabar, and I like the idea of a Gignac returning Gomis has been performing pretty well for me and the both of those guys are clear upgrades so they would kill in my formation, would like to play a fast false 9 next to a big guy so if you guys have suggestions im all ears 

9 hours ago, Albanian_Kid said:

started up a save with OM

brought in Perin at GK, Jorge at LB, Lozano at LW, Upamecano for depth and hopefully my future starting CB, Ascacibar for midfield had to loan him out though to satisfy the foreign quota, Kerbrat and Azouni were brought in for depth the latter fills up a HG-club later if I qualify for CL 

currently early December third behind PSG+OL.....only one point behind OL think i can fight for second, no way do I see myself winning the league team has too many holes in it, looking at a few players on free for next summer most notably Yann M'Vila

come next season switching from a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-2-2-2

GK: Perin

CB (BPD): Doria, Upamecano

RB (CWB): ??? 

LB (CWB): Jorge

CM (BWM): ???, ???

LW (IF): Lozano

RW (IF): Thauvian

ST (AF): ???, ??? 

at Rb I dont want to sell Sakai but may need to in order to reduce the Foreign quota, plus I may cash in on him since hes been my best player...for replacements maybe someone like Corchia, at CM I have Ascacibar out on loan in Argentina not sure if hes ready to start away in one of the spots, but currently looking at trying to get M'Vila assuming his wage demands arent stupid...as for ST honestly have no freaking clue, I like the look of Vincent Aboukabar, and I like the idea of a Gignac returning Gomis has been performing pretty well for me and the both of those guys are clear upgrades so they would kill in my formation, would like to play a fast false 9 next to a big guy so if you guys have suggestions im all ears 

Hey mate

interesting moves so far, M'vila demands are so crazy in S1...

Sakai is so weird, in my save he performed well tool, his value rised up to 14M€ in only one season, but you need to offload him because he's not EU and defensively crappy

Upfront you could try a pairing Babacar (Fiorentina) Berahino (free from West Brom) they should work well togerher

Aboubakar was a good shout too

But with the cash at your disposal you can really have some good options 

Enjoy your stay at Velodrome !

23 hours ago, ig0rf said:

Thanks! I'll play against Benfica in the playoff stage.

I'm using dolberg upfront, as complete forward, support.

In the start of the season I was struggling, always between 8-10. After the midseason (short) break I get to play very well (last 19 games: 14W 2D 3L).

To the 2nd season, i brought: Diego Llorente, Carrasso (to help in the Champions League inscription), Chancel Mbemba, Morgan Sanson, Juanpi, Corchia, M'vila, Lemina and Pulisic. 

My team is:

GK: Lafont (Carrasso)

RB: Corchia (Pedro Pereira)

LB: Jorge (Pedro Pereira or Akieme)

DC: Issa Diop and Doria (Diego Llorente/Chancel Mbemba).. actually, I'll use who is playing better.

DMC: M'vila (Simao/Marc Roca)

MC (Playmaker): Morgan Sanson (Koziello)

MC (Box to Box): Lemina (Papa Ndiaye)

IF/R: Juanpi (Thauvin)

IF/L: Pulisic (Cabella)

ST: Dolberg (Max Romero)

Dolberg is not in a top club in my save, only 2 seasons completed and doesn't look like a true world beater under AI management

I may have a try with him

So glad you got Llorente, I got it in my first save and what a great CB ! Hope he performs well with you as well

In my current save he was chased by half Europe top teams and me, he obviously decided to join a random Arabic team for almost 1M€/month :D

Your team looks really promising in any case

Dont worry for the money, even if I'm not done with the 3rd season,

Budgets have just been settled 

I'm given 118M€ :cool:

Hey all ! 

I liked the opening post so i have decided to start myself an OM game !

I have rules when i play..I dont sign any forum-mentioned based players and in every FM i don't sign players i have used in a previous game on the same FM. I like to think it keeps things interesting. Scout recommendations only basically.

I like to think i'm normally quite good at FM and thought this would be a good challenge as ive done 3 seasons with Man Utd and bored already from winning everything.

well....WOW hahaha. I am getting egg on my face with OM lol.

I am 10 games in and in 12th position with only 11 points !!! 

I have only won 3 games and drawn 1. This is easily the poorest start i have ever made in an FM game. I really fear the sack will come if i don't improve and fast.

Sorry 10 games in and 11 points , the only good result i have had is a 1-1 with PSG.

I should add that i don't do any monthly installments etc , i only buy "straight up".

I really think the transfer business i have done is not very good this time round.

I will update you all with that later when i get a chance

Iheanacho from City for 49m euro (Belotti is available for a bit less) 

worth it or not? and if yes, who would you prefer the nigerian or the italian? 

also thought about buying a cheaper Dolberg since it was mentioned here but his finishing is only 12.. 

So i'm leaning towards the nigerian atm but haven't really decided yet.

(but Dolberg is really cheap so might also buy him as an alternative) 

2 minutes ago, CapaJr said:

Iheanacho from City for 49m euro

worth it or not?

also thought about buying a cheaper Dolberg since it was mentioned here but his finishing is only 12.. 

So i'm leaning towards the nigerian atm (but Dolberg is really cheap so might also buy him as an alternative) 

Deal !

Completely worth it, a real top striker ready for top competition 

Check the records I posted during his first season under my management, absolute quality !

7 minutes ago, nico_france said:

Deal !

Completely worth it, a real top striker ready for top competition 

Check the records I posted during his first season under my management, absolute quality !

You might be abit biased then but him or Belotti, what do you think?

(i'll def check your stats too)

Hey @georgey

Always tough to start in a completely unknown team especially after your stay at Man U with a real top squad :D

Should have been a shock to discover how crap your squad is :cool:

France has a great bunch of youngsters to deal with in Ligue 1 and 2, once you're familiar with them you can get great players for reasonnable fee

As far as I remembered , during preseason in S1 my scouts and Sports Dire tor had always advise me to scout awful players on their late 30's...so if you only rely on them, might be tough :D

Great result against PSG indeed, I still suffer against them...

Hope you will get a good run and avoid the sack !

Enjoy!

17 minutes ago, georgey said:

Sorry 10 games in and 11 points , the only good result i have had is a 1-1 with PSG.

I should add that i don't do any monthly installments etc , i only buy "straight up".

I really think the transfer business i have done is not very good this time round.

I will update you all with that later when i get a chance

I personally advice monthly installements for this year's Marseille because they are owned by a sugardaddy now and he'll continiously pump in money no matter what. (for example using the monthly payment method i spent 110m first season but regardless of this i was also given nearly 70m the second season)

2 minutes ago, CapaJr said:

You might be abit biased then but him or Belotti, what do you think?

(i'll def check your stats too)

I tried to sign Belotti in S1, but he choosed PSG instead...

Stats wise, the Nigerian seems far better for my taste

Might dépend of your budget, and the areas you need to focus on

Thanks both !

Here were my Transfers in the first window:-

Zinedine Machach (already on loan) - 860k

Didier Drogba - 425k  >>>> 7 games , 4 goals and then injured and has decided to retire immediately :(

Yann M'villa 4m >>>> French, so handy for hg rules and was one of several players i would have liked had i not been enforcing my scout rule , luckily my scout in russia spotted him.

Milan Djuric >>> 6ft 6" Target man just to be able to mix up how the team plays.  Not exactly brilliant  but certainly a plan B

Mikael Lustig >>>solid and versatile defender from Celtic

Tom Carrol 3m >>>> Transfer Listed at spurs ,should be good and easy to sell for profit later to a BPL side.

Iago Herrerin >>> 875k from At. Bilbao. He is another GK as we desperately need a better keeper.  Wanted better but my damn scouts never came up with anything better ( darn my stupid rules :) )

Issa Diop 6M >>>> Thank goodness my scout came up with him as  i like the look of him in this years game.

Ok i have already decided i would cut myself some slack for one signing and i have a player coming in during the joker period ( I am in November now ) on 24 month installments as i can't afford him otherwise :

Sebastian Corchia DR in a deal going up to 9m eventually

4 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I am thinking of starting a Marseille save, what countries, leagues etc do you have to find good players to come to the club, I am thinking of loading up all French and African players.

Hi

i'm loading the European top league (Spain Italy England Germany and France obviously) and all the players with national reputation in South America, large database, If my computer was better I would have add some minor European from Eastern Europe

With the money that you will have during your game, not sure you will get top players from Africa even if it's more convenient for the french rules 

Good job @Cunego !!

At home at least :D:D

No problem with the finances @Quinby

During the year you will see popping new sponshorship deals to cover your losses

I spent all my transfer budget every time, straight away, minors installments

Here are my transfers budgets given by my board

S1 45M€

S2 91M€

S3 more than 91M€ as far as I remember 

S4 118M€

On 24/11/2016 at 13:10, nico_france said:

Dolberg is not in a top club in my save, only 2 seasons completed and doesn't look like a true world beater under AI management

I may have a try with him

So glad you got Llorente, I got it in my first save and what a great CB ! Hope he performs well with you as well

In my current save he was chased by half Europe top teams and me, he obviously decided to join a random Arabic team for almost 1M€/month :D

Your team looks really promising in any case

Dont worry for the money, even if I'm not done with the 3rd season,

Budgets have just been settled 

I'm given 118M€ :cool:

Thanks! He didn't played very well in the start of the season, but now (midseason) he's performing very decently.

Despite that, it seems that my tactic is out to date. I had an spectacular end of S1, with only 1 loss in the last 15 games. In the midseason of S2, I'm in second, 9 points behind PSG (my campaign 11W, 3D, 5L).  I was 3rd in the CL group, behind Chelsea and Juventus (the another team was PSV: won 0-6 in Eindhoven and lost 1-2 in Marseille....)

The team is not playing very well, specially the wingers (that I use as IF). Pulisic didn't show why he came yet, and juanpi is very irregular (sometimes plays fantastically, like scoring 3 goals in a game that we won 3-0 against Chelsea).

Dolberg is also not playing like the first season: 9 goals in 16 games, but he scored 4 against PSV. 

So, I think I'll try to change everything for the 2nd half of the season, try to focus in being in 2nd in the Ligue 1, and won at least one title (Europa League or French Cup)

EDIT: I'm having a problem with the board - I have 40M euros for transfers, but I'm above the wages budget limit, and I can't adjust it..

I changed some stuff in the new year's pause and the result is fantastic until now. Also, Pulisic is in great form now, and so is Dolberg again:

new.jpg

Finished the S2:

2nd in the Ligue 1. After I knew that PSG will be the champion and I had a huge advantage against the 3rd, I just rotated the team in the rest of the Ch'ship.

League Cup - Won against PSG in the final (2-1).

Europa League - As I finished 3rd in my CL group, I went to the EL and defeated: Sparta Prague, Roma, Nancy, Tottenham and Napoli (5-3 in the final) and won another title!

French Cup - 3 days after the Europa League Final, lost 3-2 to PSG at extra time after starting with 2-0. 

--------------------

In general, a good season, despite the tough first half. After I changed some stuff in the tactic the team had a great response.

Dolberg was the favorite player of the supporters for the 2nd consecutive year. He again scored 28 goals in the season, 16 of them in European competitions (10 in EL, top scorer, and 8 in CL)

Pulisic, Corchia, Sanson, Lafont, Thauvin, Doria, Mbemba.. all of them were great.

In the S3, let's focus in stopping PSG in the Ligue 1.

Finally got to finish my first season with 78 points......actually managed to beat PSG 5-1!!!! and we had a title race on but after the result my season fell apart for about a month, lost a few in the league that put me out of the title race and lost in the semis to Sochaux in the French cup, I was the only L1 team left in the cup too so their was no reason to not win the cup but oh well, interesting summer ahead have a decent kitty to spend and I havent been given my final budget yet by the board, only a "initial budget" of around 60 mil once we secured CL Qualis, plus I plan on cashing in on a few players most notably Sakai whose fee should cover his replacement (corchia hopefully) along with some of the back-ups to replace all the players on loan you have in the first season 

Well i finished Season 1.....

As mentioned earlier i play with many rules to make the game more interesting ( harder )  , only signing players that my scouts spot etc and not just typing players into the search bar.

It was a difficult time , i had many injuries and the some extremely poor performances , the last time i posted i had been called into the boardroom due to underperforming.

I got to january and despite having signed a GK earlier ( Iago Herrerin  ) i looked through all the GKs who had been mentioned in scout reports as he wasnt a big enough improvement on what was there already and found "Kiko Casilla" from R.Madrid was listed and a deal was done to bring him in (2.5m) .

A young brazilian left back by the name of Alisson Borges was gambled on as he looks like there is a bit of potential there for 300k and then John Obi Mikel for 3.7m and Marcos Rojo on loan from Man U to bolster an absolutely injury-ravaged back line.

Things improved but far to late to mount a good league challenge and despite finishing strongly we still only finished 10th , so many draws it was unbeleivable.

One highlight though is we are in Europe after winning the Cup !

Another funny thing , despite playing poor i had PSG 3 times in the season , twice in the league and a cup semi-final , they didn't get a single victory , i got two wins and a draw !  Need to play with that determination more often though.

I am now at the start of Season of 2 and been handed an inital Budget of 50m.

I am in the process of tying up new blood to transform the team , i have over ten people earmarked for leaving and have already been sifting through my scouts report with some good deals all but done including 

Divock Origi from Liverpool who should bring alive my weakest point in the team (attack)

Lucas Silva , listed at Real Madrid and available at 3.1m

Finally i am in Contract talks with Balde Keita the Lazio Winger who if he agrees the offered contract will be my final signing until i offload players    ( I don't allow monthly payment transfers apart from the 1 , seb Corchia ) 

This will strengthen the team a lot and in the areas where i felt  we needed more during the season.

Transfers Summer 2017

Corchia (5.5m), Brice Dja Djede (1.7m), Gignac (7.5m), Ciss (free), Carraso (400k), Ben-Hatira (2.3m), M'Vila (free), Aboubakabar (3.2m), Vietto (18.25m), Kalas (3.2m), Lemina (23m)

Corchia will become my starting RB and offer more stability defensivly than sakai, Brice comes in as a replacement for Fanni, Gignac replaces Gomis and should perform better, Ciss signed as a back-up, Carraso fills a HG Club quota and is a more capable back-up than samba was last season, Ben-Hatira simply a back-up for the wings, M'Vila should come in start and be a key component for my midfield, Aboubakar should challenge for a starting spot at the very least he becomes the first person to call upon when I need a goal, Vietto should be my key striker and due to his creative ability should hopefully form a great partnership with Gignac/Abou, Kalas signed for depth purposes be the first player to rotate in if Upamencano or Doria are injured or are struggling, Lemina for the money I paid him and the transfer fee will hopefully become my best midfielder 

Probable XI: Perin, Jorge, Doria, Upamecano, Corchia, M'Vila, Lemina, Lozano, Thauvian, Gignac, Vietto

Bench: Carraso, Ciss, Kebrat, Kalas, Dja Djede, Azouni, Asacibar, Cabella, Ben-Hatira, Aboubakabar, Bossetti

pretty satisfied with my team, main worries is the CB's (inexperience) and the flanks (inconsistent) but lets see how it plays out 

2 hours ago, Albanian_Kid said:

Transfers Summer 2017

Corchia (5.5m), Brice Dja Djede (1.7m), Gignac (7.5m), Ciss (free), Carraso (400k), Ben-Hatira (2.3m), M'Vila (free), Aboubakabar (3.2m), Vietto (18.25m), Kalas (3.2m), Lemina (23m)

Corchia will become my starting RB and offer more stability defensivly than sakai, Brice comes in as a replacement for Fanni, Gignac replaces Gomis and should perform better, Ciss signed as a back-up, Carraso fills a HG Club quota and is a more capable back-up than samba was last season, Ben-Hatira simply a back-up for the wings, M'Vila should come in start and be a key component for my midfield, Aboubakar should challenge for a starting spot at the very least he becomes the first person to call upon when I need a goal, Vietto should be my key striker and due to his creative ability should hopefully form a great partnership with Gignac/Abou, Kalas signed for depth purposes be the first player to rotate in if Upamencano or Doria are injured or are struggling, Lemina for the money I paid him and the transfer fee will hopefully become my best midfielder 

Probable XI: Perin, Jorge, Doria, Upamecano, Corchia, M'Vila, Lemina, Lozano, Thauvian, Gignac, Vietto

Bench: Carraso, Ciss, Kebrat, Kalas, Dja Djede, Azouni, Asacibar, Cabella, Ben-Hatira, Aboubakabar, Bossetti

pretty satisfied with my team, main worries is the CB's (inexperience) and the flanks (inconsistent) but lets see how it plays out 

You will Like Corchia , he has made a huge difference to me.

I also actually purchased M'Villa at the start and he has been very good.  I think you will like your transfer :)

Hey hey good stuff here

Transfers wise you're all moving smart,

Some ex Marseille's faces aswell :cool:

Now i think it's time for you to bring Ligue 1 home :D:D

Still not done with my third season but will post a recap asap

Started with Marseille last night. Only played 2 league games, lost 1-2 to Toulous and won 1-2 against Guingamp. 

Players out:

Rolando (Fenerbahce 1.2m), Yohan Pele (Braga 750k), various youngsters sent out on loan.

Players in:

Pedrage Rajkovic (5m), Tiago Llori (4.5m), Dayot Umpamenco (1.4m) Kin Jin-Su (3m), Jean Michel Seri (6m), Ruben Amorin (700k) Sebastian Haller (6m).

Figures are all from the top of my head so not exact.

Really enjoying the save and think Marseille are a good option for a long term project of trying to make them great again. 

As i'm not playing with a amc, anyone have any idea how Maxine Lopes will turn out if retrained to MC advanced playmaker attack? 

Also is Diaby worth playing when he returns from injury or is he still made of glass on the game?

40 minutes ago, KF1990 said:

Started with Marseille last night. Only played 2 league games, lost 1-2 to Toulous and won 1-2 against Guingamp. 

Players out:

Rolando (Fenerbahce 1.2m), Yohan Pele (Braga 750k), various youngsters sent out on loan.

Players in:

Pedrage Rajkovic (5m), Tiago Llori (4.5m), Dayot Umpamenco (1.4m) Kin Jin-Su (3m), Jean Michel Seri (6m), Ruben Amorin (700k) Sebastian Haller (6m).

Figures are all from the top of my head so not exact.

Really enjoying the save and think Marseille are a good option for a long term project of trying to make them great again. 

As i'm not playing with a amc, anyone have any idea how Maxine Lopes will turn out if retrained to MC advanced playmaker attack? 

Also is Diaby worth playing when he returns from injury or is he still made of glass on the game?

Hi mate,

So far at the end of my third season, Lopez won't break into the 1st team, even if i used it quite a lot in my first season, and sent it on loan for the last 2,  he's nowhere near a top player in my save unfortunately

You should sell Diaby, too fragile and already 30, you should get a bit of cash when you can

Nice additions to the squad in any case! hope you'll have great success !

55 minutes ago, nico_france said:

Hi mate,

So far at the end of my third season, Lopez won't break into the 1st team, even if i used it quite a lot in my first season, and sent it on loan for the last 2,  he's nowhere near a top player in my save unfortunately

You should sell Diaby, too fragile and already 30, you should get a bit of cash when you can

Nice additions to the squad in any case! hope you'll have great success !

Thanks for the advice.

I'm still hoping lopez reaches his potentially with myself.

Theres a youngster in the reserve team i loaned out, just wanting to know how he's developed for you. He's a centre back and think his surname is Kamara.

Finished S3!

After winning the league cup and Europa League in S2, I won everything in France in 18/19:

Supercup 2-0 against PSG

Coupe de la Ligue 1-0 against Saint-Etienne (beat PSG 1-0 in semis)

French Cup 5-0 against Grenoble

Ligue 1 with 98 points (31W 5D 2L), I lost to PSG and Monaco away.

In Europe, I lost the Supercup to Barcelona in the penalties after 1-1 in regular time, and lost again to Barcelona in the Champions League quarter-finals (lost 3-0 in Barcelona and won 1-0 in Marseille)

With Dolberg out for 8 months, Max Romero was the great striker.

To S3 I also brought Ferreira Carrasco and Coutinho, so I could rotate them with Thauvin and Pulisic.

To the DMC position I had Wanyama and M'Vila.

My four defenders are Mbemba, Doria, Issa Diop and Kostas Manolas, and I rotate them according to the game, as the four are fantastic.

Lafont was the goalkeeper of the season for the 2nd consecutive year.

Klaassen and Lemina also rotated in the Box-to-Box midfielder position.

Sanson was absolutely amazing as Playmaker, with Koziello providing great support.

As fullbacks, i had Jorge and Amavi for the left, and Corchia and Pedro Pereira for the right.

Calendario 1.jpg

Calendario 2.jpg

Calendario 3.jpg

Classificação S3.jpg

Max Romero Season.jpg

managed to win the league in my second season with 92 points on final game of season PSG had 91 so it was close held a 6 point lead on them for a short while and almost blew it met PSG in the CDL final lost 1-0...lost in the quarters to a L2 side (played the bench), but ive managed to get to the finals of the CL!!! where I face United beat Schalke in the round of 16, milan in the final 8 and managed to beat Barca in the semis 

as for my season Vietto has been a beast and i would strongly recommend Gignac guys even though hes aging hes the perfect striker, scored a first half hat-trick at Camp Nou the guy is a big game player ......wish me luck in the finals of the CL 

heading into season 3....looking to put a firm grip on Ligue 1 early so I can focus on doing good in Europe once more, looks hard the teams in Ligue 1 have made some brilliant signings 

looking to upgrade both flanks...Lozano and Thauvian have been alright but I need better, will use Thauvian in a super sub role, and looking to cash in on Lozano...for the left im looking at Yannick from A. Madrid, for the right I was looking to bring back Nasri but he had some stupid wage demands and ended up signing for Lyon, Payet is another option could be had for cheap but the wage demands, looking at Ounas but GB want a crazy fee for him....added Jordan Ayew for cheap in a back-up role 

my most important signing so far is prolly Lucas the CB PSG signed him from A. Madrid, he wasnt getting enough time at PSG so he requested a transfer, sold Doria who is very mistake prone to Red Bull Leipzig 

On 02/12/2016 at 22:45, KF1990 said:

Theres a youngster in the reserve team i loaned out, just wanting to know how he's developed for you. He's a centre back and think his surname is Kamara.

I am playing as Stade Rennais currently and I am eyeing this lad.  He is on loan at a Ligue 2 club in the first season.  My scouts have given him good reports.  I think he will be a good squad member at least,  as they rate his potential similar to Marlang Sarr. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, guys, playing FM for the first time since FM13. Decided to go with OM as I thought it would be a fun project to rebuild the squad and take on PSG and Monaco for league dominance and hopefully challenge in the Champions League as well. I'm playing a 4-2-3-1 wide system and am planning on using Cabella was my #10. I already brought in Diafra Sakho, Biabany, Rajkovic and Augstinsson so I only have about 2 million euros to spend and about 30k a week. Any recommendations on an AMC to rotate with Cabella?

On 30/12/2016 at 22:33, metalface13 said:

Hi, guys, playing FM for the first time since FM13. Decided to go with OM as I thought it would be a fun project to rebuild the squad and take on PSG and Monaco for league dominance and hopefully challenge in the Champions League as well. I'm playing a 4-2-3-1 wide system and am planning on using Cabella was my #10. I already brought in Diafra Sakho, Biabany, Rajkovic and Augstinsson so I only have about 2 million euros to spend and about 30k a week. Any recommendations on an AMC to rotate with Cabella?

I am managing Rennes and I brought Carlos Alena on loan from Barcelona. He did not disappoint playing in the no.10 role. You may want to try him.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Didn't post for a while. I also started again during Christmas break and here is an update as I start season 2.

For this game, I have decided to sign primarily French players (French as a 2nd nationality also or former OM player), only looking at foreigners when I really can't find/can't afford the player I am looking for.

Season 1 was a joy and it went far above  expectations, I got 38 M€ for transfers at the beginning and only signed Sanson in September. I managed to upset him during the summer and got him for 20M€ :)

During the winter break, I got another 20M€ and brought Amavi for 23M€, Dembele for 13 M€ and Fares for 8.75M€; also sold Alessandrini for 7M€.

The team finished second in the league: 6 draws and 5 defeats (2 points less than PSG) and OL finished third. Bafe helped a lot as he was on fire all season and finished as the club's and league's top scorer with 28 goals in 32 games. In the cups, I got kicked out in the French cup early and lost league cup to PSG :(

For the summer window, I got 95M€ to spend and brought Corchia for 6M€, Lafont for 18.5M€, Zakaria for 18M€ and Lenglet for 12M€, I also brought Batshuayi on loan. Zakaria is Swiss but when I was looking for a DMC, I couldn't find one.... only after signing him I saw that M'Vila was available on a free so I brought him too. Zakaria will replace Diarra which I intend to sell during the winter window.  

Training and youth facilities have been upgraded and the board has launched the process to buy the stadium, which will occur at the end of the season.

For season 2, the line up looks like this:

GK:Lafont-Pele

DC: Rekik/Lenglet

DC:Doria/Rolando

DL:Amavi/Bedimo

WBR:Corchia/Sakai

DMC:M'Vila/Zakaria/Diarra

MC:Diaby/Khaoui

MC:Sanson/Lopez

AMR:Thauvin/Campos

AML:Cabella/Fares

ST:Dembele/Batshuayi

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

I have started a OM save after reading this post. I set my expectations as qulify for euro cup and reach the finals of both domestic cups which gave me around £46mil. 

After looking at the squad i felt i needed to strengthen in a few posistions such as GK,LB,CM,ACM and ST. So i brought in Predrag Rajkovic, Charlie Taylor, Andrea Poli, Ayoze Perez and Harold Preciado. I spent around £36 mil so still a bit left in the budget for the winter tranfer window. 

I will keep you posted on my progress 😀

Archived