Secondary jobs - whats the point?

Fairly often you will see a staff member who has high attributes in both fitness coaching and physiotherapy.

Is it good to try to get them to accept a contract for say physiotherapy as the first role, and fitness coaching for the second role?

Or is it not worth the trouble (its really difficult to get anyone to accept a contract with two roles)?

Will it be just as effective if i just give them one role in physiotherapy, and then under the coaches training screen just allocate them to fitness coaching anyway?

It very much depends who you're playing as. Top clubs with big budgets will have no reason to ask someone to do 2 roles.

In the lower leagues, clubs may not be able to afford a Fitness Coach AND a physio, so that's where it comes in handy

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure you can't have someone hired as only a physio (i.e. single role) perform coaching duties

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...

I don’t think that there is a lot of point in looking to sign somebody to perform two jobs. If you do the person takes up two staff slots. So if the board will allow, say, three physios and three coaches and you employ somebody as a physio / coach you will only be allowed to hire two more physios and two more coaches. The only exception to this that I’ve seen is when I’ve gone to a club and found one of the existing member staff has a dual role but it is specified that the secondary role does not count towards staff numbers.

On 03/11/2016 at 10:57, 2feet said:

Fairly often you will see a staff member who has high attributes in both fitness coaching and physiotherapy.

Is it good to try to get them to accept a contract for say physiotherapy as the first role, and fitness coaching for the second role?

Or is it not worth the trouble (its really difficult to get anyone to accept a contract with two roles)?

Will it be just as effective if i just give them one role in physiotherapy, and then under the coaches training screen just allocate them to fitness coaching anyway?

I've used it in previous game versions to create a player/something in order to bring ageing high salary players right down and free up wage budget. Havent had the same strategy work in 19, but havent played this version much either.

havent had a guy with 2 staff roles though, its always a player + something

Edited by N^G

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Hovis Dexter said:

I don’t think that there is a lot of point in looking to sign somebody to perform two jobs. If you do the person takes up two staff slots. So if the board will allow, say, three physios and three coaches and you employ somebody as a physio / coach you will only be allowed to hire two more physios and two more coaches. The only exception to this that I’ve seen is when I’ve gone to a club and found one of the existing member staff has a dual role but it is specified that the secondary role does not count towards staff numbers.

It's not really so much for saving on staff slots (which it doesn't), it's about saving on the staff wages cost at lower levels. If you have one person doing two jobs, it'll likely cost considerably less than hiring two people to do them. 

5 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

It's not really so much for saving on staff slots (which it doesn't), it's about saving on the staff wages cost at lower levels. If you have one person doing two jobs, it'll likely cost considerably less than hiring two people to do them. 

That make sense at lower levels

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Caning the Days said:

Does the staff member perform worse in any way by having double the workload? It would definitely be a help when managing a small club with finite resources

Yes.

Coaches with secondary jobs have a lower star rating in their coaching assigment. So i always make sure my coaches only have 1 job.