This game is rigged.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair to the lad, I did just have this happen to knock me out of the Champions League :lol:

257107a5aac47448d0da6bd45ba8a1ac.png

With a front three of Dybala, Icardi and Neymar who apparently are League 2 level finishers all of a sudden. Both their goals in the last 10 minutes, naturally. Ah well, onwards and upwards.

Hilarious, this is a great post, can someone please clarify what the final score was after 2 legs.  Such fun to be had on these forums.

I've never known anyone so desperate to get a win that they reload over 40 times.

4 hours ago, CybrSlydr said:

He could say that of their Champions League win (assuming we go into the Final and won) but the league titles and other things were won fair and square.

Of course they were ;)

Funniest thread I've ever read

7 hours ago, CybrSlydr said:

What this is showing me is that no matter what formation I use, no matter what roster I use, no matter what team talks I use, I have thus far always lost this game.  Currently on reload #38.

If nothing I do can change the result, then is that not the absolute definition of predetermined?  Which means rigged - the result is already determined before I even hit "Submit Team".

Upload your save here and let's see how many of us can win it at the first attempt.

I won't even play the game itself. I will just press the IR button and see what happens. :lol:

Downloaded file, changed instructions around, played the game.
Patted myself on the back for a tidy 2-0 win with 60% of the possession and 1 shot on target for the opposition.
Then at the post match screen and remembered I was playing with Celta and not United. I guess I didn't make any subs or tactical changes, and spent the game cheering the opposition to a 2- win.
*Takes bow*.

If you are winning 3-0 in the first leg, do you realy think your opponent is going to step back defend? or put the same tactic as they did before?  second leg tie ,s is the harder than match finals,especially if you win the first leg. I still think pep talks and media interaction matters 1st in this type of games. 

5 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I thought we had been here before. :lol:

Always worth a look, in particular as for the revelation that apparently men had fought back the dinosaurs, same as players are ought to fight back the cheating game! :D It's also revealed to have been the exact same thing, history always tends to repeat itself here (excluding the dinosaurs perhaps): The player never learned to play the game in the first place. Rather than reloading every single match until it's won (back then), he plugs in download tactics. No qualms about either. But this is a weird position from to judge the game were rigged. It isn't. It may be the worst game in the universe going by the rants you often have on the topic at hand, but it's not rigged and it's been shown by better players all the time. This is apparently one of those downloads too that cramps every single player into the box like no team does in football (and no AI does outside of really desperate overloads*) in a bid to overload inherent defensive weaknesses of the ME, and is bound to be hit hard by simply formational switches, even mid-match, by AI sometimes, as forwards in the game don't track back a squad (an FM special you never pick up if you never "learn" to play yourself). And in either case, the downloader thus never being aware of what would make it roughly tick, the inherent strengths and weaknesses each tactic in FM tends to produce, that is unless you would find a cheat that lets you field 20 outfield players and have every square of the simulated pitches covered. Which would be quite some cheat!

* hugely looking forward to the day when crap like that isn't viable anymore and punished proper in particular when the threadbare defensive cover isn'T absolutely world class -- all the time, not on random occurances where you come against AI formations that are more likely to do so, btw. Will ease a lot of such random frustration likewise.

7 hours ago, harrycarrie said:

To be fair to the lad, I did just have this happen to knock me out of the Champions League :lol:

With a front three of Dybala, Icardi and Neymar who apparently are League 2 level finishers all of a sudden. Both their goals in the last 10 minutes, naturally. Ah well, onwards and upwards.

Placing a tenner on half if not more of those shots on target being from set pieces either immediately or in a move directly resulting off one. Which means in cramped boxes, which means the chance of conversion is not that great. How long has it been in the game now that it shows how players would get frustrated from missing crap shots against massed defenses (i.e. Ronaldo at the Euros missing more shots by himself than half the teams competing had by match day #2, culminating in a missed penalty outright). If you don't look for solutions (this is tactical, always -- from both sides), this will repeat in the future either way. 17 long shots, 18 corners, top teams in real football camping inside opponent's halves average no more than 7. This may be partly ME, but tactics that completely fail to stretch packed defenses have contributed to this all the time. No "guru" by any stretch, but I never have set piece counts like that, even when completely dominating the play. There's a couple of easily avoidable things to force such though, which are making it easy for defenders to always be near, get a foot in or to block/deflect and clear in one way or the other, not sure what the exact cause is here naturally, this really is one for the tactic forums. But rest assured, AI opponent's tactics applied often weren't exactly great here either. :D

12 hours ago, CybrSlydr said:

Because I was absolutely furious that we couldn't manage a win!  I wanted to throw my keyboard THROUGH my TV!  I just kept hitting, "Load" and didn't even bother to look at the pre-match aggregate score.

I hope your parents have updated their home & contents insurance!

Also why not just add new manager and have Man Utd use a formation of 6-4-0 with a Striker in a GK and other GKs as outfield players and lowest value players outfielders also?

By doing this, it would have saved your other 50 million reloads!

Of course it is rigged.

In fact, it's not just the game.  The world as you see it is not actually real. Everything that happen around you, included FM, are rigged against you. 

In fact, consider this moment as a glitch of the system, and you will be paid a visit by a black guy in sunglasses to learn how to do kung fu in bullet time.

I once spent 74 saves trying to see if Mlada Boleslav would win the second leg of a Europa League tie against Motherwell. I wasn't managing either, but I thought it unrealistic that so many Scottish teams were doing well in Europe (FM17 for me has seen all three Scottish teams get to the group stage in very save I've done, so it's still nonsense). The first leg at Fir Park was 1-1, and there were 73 times that Motherwell got the 0-0 or a win against a team that would likely dispatch them easily.

11 hours ago, harrycarrie said:

That looks scarily similar to Man U v Burnley stats on saturday, 37 shots, 11 on target, 19 corners and 72% possession, who says the game is rigged when you see real life stats like this.

10 hours ago, Svenc said:

Placing a tenner on half if not more of those shots on target being from set pieces either immediately or in a move directly resulting off one. Which means in cramped boxes, which means the chance of conversion is not that great. How long has it been in the game now that it shows how players would get frustrated from missing crap shots against massed defenses (i.e. Ronaldo at the Euros missing more shots by himself than half the teams competing had by match day #2, culminating in a missed penalty outright). If you don't look for solutions (this is tactical, always -- from both sides), this will repeat in the future either way. 17 long shots, 18 corners, top teams in real football camping inside opponent's halves average no more than 7. This may be partly ME, but tactics that completely fail to stretch packed defenses have contributed to this all the time. No "guru" by any stretch, but I never have set piece counts like that, even when completely dominating the play. There's a couple of easily avoidable things to force such though, which are making it easy for defenders to always be near, get a foot in or to block/deflect and clear in one way or the other, not sure what the exact cause is here naturally, this really is one for the tactic forums. But rest assured, AI opponent's tactics applied often weren't exactly great here either. :D

Wasn't really a huge moan, hence the :lol:

Just an example of how the game can frustrate, I went on a run of big wins after it, its no biggy. 'tis merely a videogame. Oh, and my set pieces generally amount to nothing as I'm sodding awful at setting them up, my majority of chances come from build up play or counters. You just tire sometimes of seeing a world class striker miss the target with his 6th shot in a row from about 6-8 yards out. But, again, happens in actual football.

I do play with an attacking mentality in all games and barely a screen for my defence as I find defensive football hideously boring, so results like this happen from time to time :D

4 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

Me, not even once in any version.

I really don't understand why you would.

Because it's a game, and we're all entitled to have fun in our own way.

I agree that save scumming makes achievements feel empty, but I disagree that it's some unforgiveable sin in a single-player game.

3 minutes ago, suncrush said:

Because it's a game, and we're all entitled to have fun in our own way.

I agree that save scumming makes achievements feel empty, but I disagree that it's some unforgiveable sin in a single-player game.

I have no problem with it if that's what someone wants to do, it's just when they do it then come on the forum spouting that the game is rigged and the AI cheats is when I have a problem with it.

Edit: Or tries to show off and make out they're better than everyone.

24 minutes ago, gibbo11 said:

I have no problem with it if that's what someone wants to do, it's just when they do it then come on the forum spouting that the game is rigged and the AI cheats is when I have a problem with it.

Edit: Or tries to show off and make out they're better than everyone.

Oh sure.  On the other hand, since I can't actually see the players training, and I can't make adjustments in practices, sometimes save scumming is a useful way to work out the kinks in a tactic.  I prefer to do that with a friendly, but sometimes you have to make tweaks mid-season.

43 minutes ago, mrtrwsmiff said:

I've thought the game to be rigged for years but not due to reloading as that's a bit pointless, OP.  I'm more fearful of clicking the tactics button midmatch as that's like scoring an OG within seconds of doing so.

I hear you.  I avoid looking out of the window whenever I'm playing the game.  Oh, and I stand on one leg during the game - left one in the first half, right in the second.  If it goes to extra time I have to sit on the floor.  But if you don't, it's guaranteed you're going to concede obvs.

You've also got to wear a tie for cup finals. 

My wife will come out to the living room, see me at the computer in my britches and a tie, and just turn around and walk right back into the bedroom.

It's nice she gives me space when I need to concentrate.

On 30.10.2016 at 18:49, Dagenham_Dave said:

Wasn't it Einstein who said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results? 

I don't know if it was Einstein, but that quote of yours is of a hall of fame caliber, well done Sir!

Archived