[FM17] Newcastle United; Join the Rafalution!!

Stu_UBJ

14 hours ago, CodenameGeordie said:

Part 3....

What a great transfer window.  Not only were the incoming player bettering the team drastically, I managed to get rid of all the inconsistent dross and still make 5M.  I am on the hunt for a quality CB but other than that the team look amazing!

The first game we looked great... taking a 1 - 0 lead against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge... but in the 2nd half they had other ideas and we got beat 4 - 2, goals from Atsu first, then Dembele.  Crystal Palace is next and how we would love to get one over on the former manager... Pardew

Summer Transfers 2nd season.jpg

Whats Dembele like from Celtic? tried to get him in the championship but didnt want to join me. Good enough for the prem?

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone,

First time using this site and looking for a little help. Started a save with Newcastle and I am finding it very frustrating. I am half way through the season and my side is very inconsistent and conceding a lot of goals. I am using two tactics atm in 4231 or 4123. Playing pretty similar to most people on this thread low tempo, structured, controlled. I am wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction in what team instructions to play? I am currently 6th in the league with 32 games played... 11 points off top!!! I just cant hold on to a lead, going 2-0 up in a lot of games only for my side to collapse and either draw or sometimes even lose the game. I don't understand why, especially having just won the EFL Cup beating premiership competition in each round, keeping clean sheets in all but one of them. Sorry for the rant but I know this side is a lot better than what it is showing! All help welcome lol

mercado 16-17.PNGmercado 17-18.PNGplantel.PNGfixture.PNG

Here are the transfer market of both seasons. Im in 08-27-17 with a good start in EPL. Pedro Álvaro it's a real beast. Bebé, at the moment is making a bad season. Acuña had a great season in the Championship but now he isn't playing because an injury, but is a recommended buy.

11 hours ago, Bluenose_Jack said:

Hi everyone,

First time using this site and looking for a little help. Started a save with Newcastle and I am finding it very frustrating. I am half way through the season and my side is very inconsistent and conceding a lot of goals. I am using two tactics atm in 4231 or 4123. Playing pretty similar to most people on this thread low tempo, structured, controlled. I am wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction in what team instructions to play? I am currently 6th in the league with 32 games played... 11 points off top!!! I just cant hold on to a lead, going 2-0 up in a lot of games only for my side to collapse and either draw or sometimes even lose the game. I don't understand why, especially having just won the EFL Cup beating premiership competition in each round, keeping clean sheets in all but one of them. Sorry for the rant but I know this side is a lot better than what it is showing! All help welcome lol

What i will say is have some patience. I was 10 points behind Norwich who was top and i was 5th in February. 

Make sure you praise good performances of individuals. Especially Shelvey.

Also dont be afraid to use a 4-4-2 against opponents that you would expect to win against. Try and kill them off early so i tend to sideline team walk encourage in the first 20. 

I have just finished my first season finishes top on goal difference. but I still won the league. There are many games in the championship so plenty of time. 

I found looking into the opponent  analysis very useful, try get a good assistant i went with Steve Clarke. Also a Good Data Analysis.

10 hours ago, matisarue said:

mercado 16-17.PNGmercado 17-18.PNGplantel.PNGfixture.PNG

Here are the transfer market of both seasons. Im in 08-27-17 with a good start in EPL. Pedro Álvaro it's a real beast. Bebé, at the moment is making a bad season. Acuña had a great season in the Championship but now he isn't playing because an injury, but is a recommended buy.

Looks like you are doing very well and with (don't take this the wrong way) not a particularly strong EPL squad.  Where is Laceselles? 

On 11/11/2016 at 20:28, little said:

Right Lads.

I am going to post up some screenshots. 

I want opinions, suggestions on all things please.

Tactics, Squad etc.

I have 19.95 million to spend. 

I know its a broad question but i am enjoying everyone's story so here is mine so far. 

All Help will be appreciated.

tactic 2.jpg

tactic 1.jpg

squad 2.jpg

squad 1.jpg

tactic 3.jpg

table.jpg

Afternoon Guys!

So last night i finished my first season. 

I won the league on Goal difference. Woooo! I still won :)

As you can see my team from December.

I added Kristoffer Ajer who turned out to be a brilliant bit of business scored some great goals from long range.

My question is with all the players returning from loan who to keep, who to get rid of?

The biggest question is where to strengthen and with who? 

All Suggestions welcome.

I have £46.5 Million to spend.

I have currently played 27 games and I sit top of the championship with 61 points. I am ahead of Norwich who have 56 points and Leeds who have 55. Currently have a goal difference of +31.

I am in January and looking to strengthen the midfield in particular having lost both Anita (4.3mill) and Tiote (2mill) as they wouldn't sign new deals with the club. So far I have got in a few young players from Spain with high potential (goalkeeper,centre back and a central midfielder). Managed to get Doucoure from Watford for 2.3 million unsure if anyone has bought him? And would be keen to hear opinions. These are my only signings so far. May look to bring a few on loan to provide cover. 

I have managed up to now to win 3 manager of the month awards and have just broke the clubs unbeaten run.

Hopefully I can complete the job going forward and gain promotion as champions.

So first season over with and we won the Championship comfortably. With 9 matches to go we were 22 points clear or something like that and we only needed one win to secure the first place. We were also on course for setting a new record for points and wins in the Championship. That is when the boys decided to show me exactly how they managed to get relegated in the first place. In those last 9 games we won 1, drew 4 and lost 4. I dont really know what happened, but we still managed to win the league thanks to our impressive display earlier in the season. 

With that "excellent" run in mind and the 60 something millions the board has given to me, I think a smaller overhaul of the squad is coming to make sure we stay up in the Prem. I am also thinking of switching tactics as we no longer are the best team in the league. I am currently traveling for my work so will not have much time to play, but I will report back in once I settle on a new tactic and the summer transfer window is closed.

5 hours ago, Catley94 said:

Half way through second summer window. Big overhaul and currently have 97 million and 300k wages to spend. Any suggestions or should I try to conserve. Made some solid signings so far but can't seem to leave the transfer budget alone haha 

I am just like you. post up your team

5 hours ago, WingPlay said:

I have currently played 27 games and I sit top of the championship with 61 points. I am ahead of Norwich who have 56 points and Leeds who have 55. Currently have a goal difference of +31.

I am in January and looking to strengthen the midfield in particular having lost both Anita (4.3mill) and Tiote (2mill) as they wouldn't sign new deals with the club. So far I have got in a few young players from Spain with high potential (goalkeeper,centre back and a central midfielder). Managed to get Doucoure from Watford for 2.3 million unsure if anyone has bought him? And would be keen to hear opinions. These are my only signings so far. May look to bring a few on loan to provide cover. 

I have managed up to now to win 3 manager of the month awards and have just broke the clubs unbeaten run.

Hopefully I can complete the job going forward and gain promotion as champions.

Ajer is a great CM.

Julian Green is good winger.

On 17/11/2016 at 09:12, little said:

Whats Dembele like from Celtic? tried to get him in the championship but didnt want to join me. Good enough for the prem?

Sorry mate, I've been buried under with work the last few days and haven't been able to get on at all... sad times.  But I finally had an hour to get some more gaming done and onto this site...

Dembele has been great so far, direct running, pace, knack of being in the right place at the right time.  Just generally bossing it up front whether on his own in a 4123 DM Wide or with someone in behind him (I'm looking at you Perez you creative little beauty you).  Anyways I've put his stats up for you so you can have a good look.  Only played 5 games (which includes a cup game) but hes doing well.  Danny Ings is a good back up to him and has scored 2 goals in 2 starts and 2 subs which is really promising.  Gayle hasn't even had a sniff yet after picking up a preseason injury which put him out for 5 weeks.

I've just completed the transfer window and have a better looking defence following the purchase of Michael Keane from Burnley and Younes Belhanda who is going to provide stiff competition across all attacking positions.

I think the biggest shock though was finding someone stupid enough to purchase Colback... and not only that but actually off 12.5M up front!! I suppose that air in Middlesborough has to get to someone soon lol

Dembele.jpg

Results.jpg

Transfers final.jpg

2 minutes ago, CodenameGeordie said:

Sorry mate, I've been buried under with work the last few days and haven't been able to get on at all... sad times.  But I finally had an hour to get some more gaming done and onto this site...

Dembele has been great so far, direct running, pace, knack of being in the right place at the right time.  Just generally bossing it up front whether on his own in a 4123 DM Wide or with someone in behind him (I'm looking at you Perez you creative little beauty you).  Anyways I've put his stats up for you so you can have a good look.  Only played 5 games (which includes a cup game) but hes doing well.  Danny Ings is a good back up to him and has scored 2 goals in 2 starts and 2 subs which is really promising.  Gayle hasn't even had a sniff yet after picking up a preseason injury which put him out for 5 weeks.

I've just completed the transfer window and have a better looking defence following the purchase of Michael Keane from Burnley and Younes Belhanda who is going to provide stiff competition across all attacking positions.

I think the biggest shock though was finding someone stupid enough to purchase Colback... and not only that but actually off 12.5M up front!! I suppose that air in Middlesborough has to get to someone soon lol

Dembele.jpg

Results.jpg

Transfers final.jpg

Also yeah that's right my opening 5 games in the EPL since returning through promotion included Chelsea away, Liverpool away and Man Utd at home.... FML

Walked the Championship in my first season, but it hasn't led me to become very angry and annoyed at the inconsistencies the game throws at me over and over again. 

Practically every single one of my players has experienced a severe lack in form, especially my strikers:

• Mitrovic - 15 in 37 games - hasn't scored in his last 13 games
  • Gayle - 12 in 30 games - 2 goals in 6 games - both coming in the same game
  • Perez - 7 in 29 games
  • Preciado - 0 in 8 games

Although the above doesn't look bad, I've had to witness a hell of a lot of awful ratings (roughly for each player I'd say 3/5 games), whether it be in a 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1, 4-2-4 or 4-1-2-2-1. The main problem seems to be a lack of shots on target despite having a lot of shots, but I'm not sure how to fix it as I've tried a variety of things - not too many attack or support duties, different formations and not over-complicating instructions, yet the chances aren't coming even though we've walked the league.

Anyone experienced similar? As on paper and from the first half of the season, my team have randomly continued to throw up drivel for no apparent reason.

8 hours ago, Lawly Boi said:

Walked the Championship in my first season, but it hasn't led me to become very angry and annoyed at the inconsistencies the game throws at me over and over again. 

Practically every single one of my players has experienced a severe lack in form, especially my strikers:

• Mitrovic - 15 in 37 games - hasn't scored in his last 13 games
  • Gayle - 12 in 30 games - 2 goals in 6 games - both coming in the same game
  • Perez - 7 in 29 games
  • Preciado - 0 in 8 games

Although the above doesn't look bad, I've had to witness a hell of a lot of awful ratings (roughly for each player I'd say 3/5 games), whether it be in a 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1, 4-2-4 or 4-1-2-2-1. The main problem seems to be a lack of shots on target despite having a lot of shots, but I'm not sure how to fix it as I've tried a variety of things - not too many attack or support duties, different formations and not over-complicating instructions, yet the chances aren't coming even though we've walked the league.

Anyone experienced similar? As on paper and from the first half of the season, my team have randomly continued to throw up drivel for no apparent reason.

I've had exactly the same problem before getting promoted.  A few new players seem to have stopped the inconsistent shots on target in the EPL.  

What are your tactics mainly set up like?

I found a lot of the time it was the long shots ruining the overall player averages.  It could be worth telling your players not to try them in the individual tactics.  Shelvey, Diame and Ritchie in the same team almost gave me a break down lol

3 minutes ago, CodenameGeordie said:

I've had exactly the same problem before getting promoted.  A few new players seem to have stopped the inconsistent shots on target in the EPL.  

What are your tactics mainly set up like?

I found a lot of the time it was the long shots ruining the overall player averages.  It could be worth telling your players not to try them in the individual tactics.  Shelvey, Diame and Ritchie in the same team almost gave me a break down lol

It has been similar on mine, getting quite ridiculous with the long shots so I'll have to amend player instructions on each formation. The only instructions I've set are slightly wider, clear ball to flanks and a slightly higher tempo, as I didn't want to over-complicate it. It served me well for a 15 match period, but other than that there's been such an inconsistency.

2 hours ago, Lawly Boi said:

It has been similar on mine, getting quite ridiculous with the long shots so I'll have to amend player instructions on each formation. The only instructions I've set are slightly wider, clear ball to flanks and a slightly higher tempo, as I didn't want to over-complicate it. It served me well for a 15 match period, but other than that there's been such an inconsistency.

Sounds about right.  I sold Shelvey and Diame at the first available opportunity due to their wayward long shots.  

Try reducing your tempo and set the work ball into box that sometimes helps too

13 hours ago, little said:

What i will say is have some patience. I was 10 points behind Norwich who was top and i was 5th in February. 

Make sure you praise good performances of individuals. Especially Shelvey.

Also dont be afraid to use a 4-4-2 against opponents that you would expect to win against. Try and kill them off early so i tend to sideline team walk encourage in the first 20. 

I have just finished my first season finishes top on goal difference. but I still won the league. There are many games in the championship so plenty of time. 

I found looking into the opponent  analysis very useful, try get a good assistant i went with Steve Clarke. Also a Good Data Analysis.

Just finished my first season. I took your advice and stayed patient. All I done is change the team shape from structured to flexible and the results started to come. I ended up winning the championship on goal difference going into the final match needing QPR to draw or lose... fortunately Norwich done me a favour coming back from 2 goals down to draw with them. All in all a good season with also winning the EFL Cup. Just now looking to get rid of the dead wood and make a few signings. Here are a last season and the beginning of this seasons signings so far..... Anybody got any suggestions on who are must buys in the second season?

Newcastle United_  Transfer History.png

Newcastle United_  Transfer History-2.png

9 hours ago, Bluenose_Jack said:

Just finished my first season. I took your advice and stayed patient. All I done is change the team shape from structured to flexible and the results started to come. I ended up winning the championship on goal difference going into the final match needing QPR to draw or lose... fortunately Norwich done me a favour coming back from 2 goals down to draw with them. All in all a good season with also winning the EFL Cup. Just now looking to get rid of the dead wood and make a few signings. Here are a last season and the beginning of this seasons signings so far..... Anybody got any suggestions on who are must buys in the second season?

These were my signings in the summer of second season. None really broke the bank and all came in at a good age to give something to the team. I'd definitely recommend Hiljemark and Crisetig!

signings.png

1 hour ago, daz36pc said:

Hi guys, really random question..... but playing on my iPad and starting a new Newcastle save, what leagues are best to load with England?? 

Thanks

In what way would you consider a league best in terms of good to load for certain teams? you mean players?

Scotland, France, Germany etc..

Basically those around you . . 

23 minutes ago, Welshace said:

In what way would you consider a league best in terms of good to load for certain teams? you mean players?

Scotland, France, Germany etc..

Basically those around you . . 

Yeah mainly for players as I look around on the different posts and tactics and some awesome players are found....... yet I search and they are nowhere to be seen..... I was thinking Spain Italy and Argentina perhaps for some variety 

what do you think??

22 hours ago, Bluenose_Jack said:

Good work mate. Glad it worked out for you. some good signings there so far. 

17 hours ago, daz36pc said:

Hi guys, really random question..... but playing on my iPad and starting a new Newcastle save, what leagues are best to load with England?? 

Thanks

All the big ones, but the more obsure ones i find are good for little gems are:

Brazil
Argentina
Switzerland
Greece

8 hours ago, merdolp41 said:

Hey Mate,

If it's up to me I strengthen the squad base of the transfer list, it always changed.

1.In my save Everton was relegated so I bought Lukaku(45M pound) and Barckly(30M pounds).

2.After that i bought Mario fernandes from CSKA for 40 milion Pound - He's outstanding right back.

3. Jack Willshare was unhappy at Arsenal after his loan spell at Bournemouth so I bought him for only 13 million pounds.

4. I bought  Phil Jones for only 5 million, he was unhappy at Manchester.

5. My biggest purchase is Donnarumma from MIlan for only 20M but with 50% ownership with Milan.

6. On January I bought Memphis Depay for 11.5 Million but he was **** so I just sell him for C.Palace. I guess he's pardewed be now.

Also, I sell Lord voldemort(Jonjo) for 12M

Yedlin for 2M

Capitan Jammal for 11M

Sels for 5M

Saivat for 10M (!!!!!!!!!)

Darlow for 2M 

Mo Diama for 18M 

Anita for 12M

Thanks for the response mate. I have spent pretty much the whole weekend wheeling and dealing, scouting etc. 

I am very pleased with the squad i have ended up with:

squad 4 september.jpg

summer 2017 transfers.jpg

11 hours ago, little said:

Thanks for the response mate. I have spent pretty much the whole weekend wheeling and dealing, scouting etc. 

I am very pleased with the squad i have ended up with:

squad 4 september.jpg

summer 2017 transfers.jpg

Gentlemen,  even with what I consider a good team I've started to struggle.  Anyone got any ideas to tactically they would do? 

I have a very bad team in comparison with all your teams :( but i want to make a good team in the future, with some exceptions because now im going to play Champions League (I finish 3rd in my first season in EPL). My boughts were Pedro Álvaro, Jan Bamert, Bazoer, Luke Garbutt, Dimitri Foulquier, Sommer, Ronaldo Vieira, Fernando Llorente, Marcos Acuña, Thorgan Hazard, Ben Arfa, Weiss (last 2 free buys) and maybe some other that i'm forgetting now. In the night, if they want, i upload the tactic!

19 hours ago, james_wilko said:

Could be the fact the players are all so new they're struggling. May get better with time.

What formation are you playing at the moment?

My assistant always recommend 4-4-2 but doesn't seem to get me results so i play

Striker

Winger           Winger

MC  MC

DMC

DL   DC    DC   DR

GK

GK

I have now completed my first season and won the championship with 98 points. 10 points clear of second place (Leeds). 

I have signed Atsu but he hasn't been granted a work permit for some reason?

I have also signed Yaya Toure on a free as well as that wonderkid goalkeeper.

have enquired about a number of players but the wage demands are ridiculous. Charlie Taylor was demanding 77K a week!!!

any recommendations of who to get in for my first season in the premier league? And what to look for in a player (age,premier league experience,leadership etc?) got a feeling I might struggle next season!

4 hours ago, little said:

My assistant always recommend 4-4-2 but doesn't seem to get me results so i play

Striker

Winger           Winger

MC  MC

DMC

DL   DC    DC   DR

GK

GK

I tried 451 first few games but couldn't get it to worked. I've played 4312 since and I've been smashing teams. Currently third in the prem in my first season  in march with it - I either bury teams like Liverpool 5-0 or i draw away at West Brom! 451 was always my go-to formation since FM11 but last few years it hasn't been working for me, i'd definitely give 4312 a try you have the players for it!

15 hours ago, WingPlay said:

I have now completed my first season and won the championship with 98 points. 10 points clear of second place (Leeds). 

I have signed Atsu but he hasn't been granted a work permit for some reason?

I have also signed Yaya Toure on a free as well as that wonderkid goalkeeper.

have enquired about a number of players but the wage demands are ridiculous. Charlie Taylor was demanding 77K a week!!!

any recommendations of who to get in for my first season in the premier league? And what to look for in a player (age,premier league experience,leadership etc?) got a feeling I might struggle next season!

thats really weird man - I bought atsu for the agreed fee (5 mill) and work permit wasn't a drama.

which GK you talking about, rajkovic or whatever his name is? I got ospina for bugger all, was transfer listed.

I got Charlie taylor too, but not for that fee. I lowered his salary but his bonus' etc were all far fetched, he won't ever earn them anyway I'm tipping.

I bought in boudebouz, papadopolous, martins indi, moussa dembele from celtic, a Portuguese CM (name escapes me atm, late 20s, experienced).

I find that the players that are offered to you by their agents are very demanding, they want too much. I had bryan Oviedo offered to me, but he wanted stupid money - no thanks!!

22 hours ago, Catley94 said:

I tried 451 first few games but couldn't get it to worked. I've played 4312 since and I've been smashing teams. Currently third in the prem in my first season  in march with it - I either bury teams like Liverpool 5-0 or i draw away at West Brom! 451 was always my go-to formation since FM11 but last few years it hasn't been working for me, i'd definitely give 4312 a try you have the players for it!

I have stuck with 4-3-2-1 for a couple of games got a couple of decent results. 

will try 4312 but only against teams i expect to win.

I am just into the new year and doing surprisingly well for what I thought would be a season battling relegation. I am currently playing a 4231. Home form is brilliant so far but conceding far to many goals away which is tempting me to play around with another system to see if I can rectify this but most other things I have tried hasn't worked so far. Does anyone have any tactics they use which could come in handy?  I was pretty happy with my transfer window and probably wont spend in this January window saving my budget until next season.... unless somebody pops up unexpected and affordable. Just hoping I can maintain my form and hopefully end up in Europe. Also still in the Europa league into the knockout stages so season is looking promising!

English Premier Division_ Overview Stages.png

Newcastle United_ Players Players.png

Newcastle United_  Overview.png

I am currently pretty much unable to strengthen my squad as I have literally no wage budget. I have tried to adjust the transfer budget on the slider but each time I do only the the transfer budget moves but wage settings stay the same. Apparently I'm expected to strengthen my squad with like 24k left of the wage budget and over 37million to spend,don't get what's going on?

I also am having an issue with players who are close to signing not being granted work permits even though they've played in England before. Atsu has had his rejected and so has Kayal.

any ideas what is going on with my game?surely this can't be right?

Have looked into it and it seems like the board think we won't meet FFP rules and won't allow me to adjust budgets. No idea how this has happened as I've barely signed anyone in comparison to some people on this thread.

the season has now started and I've managed to sign only 4 people but other areas need strengthening.

anyone any ideas what's happened?

Have you tried bringing your wage budget down by selling the dead wood at the club? At one point I wasn't complying with the English Premier League FFP regulations but once I sold everyone and brought my expenditure down it was fine. If I remember correctly I couldn't adjust my budget at that time either. Hopefully this helps.

On 20/11/2016 at 22:41, daz36pc said:

Thanks

I would recommend neighbouring countries, as well as France, Spain, Germany. So for your -

Scotland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy, then - either Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark etc

Spent almost a whole day trying to form a solid staff set up and scouting network. Seems to have paid off as I've hit a goldmine of regens in the summer window. Will post some screenshots later of the better few - should be an interesting season in Europe! 

6 minutes ago, Catley94 said:

Spent almost a whole day trying to form a solid staff set up and scouting network. Seems to have paid off as I've hit a goldmine of regens in the summer window. Will post some screenshots later of the better few - should be an interesting season in Europe! 

Post your staff as well especially your scouting team

On 11/28/2016 at 10:47, thebigfella said:

Post your staff as well especially your scouting team

Here's the staff mate. I have them all on ongoing assignments for different countries, seems to be doing the trick so far as they found me this guy for only 1.5 million - bargain!

scouts.png

Jens Sandqvist.png

Archived