FMT17 Save Updates Thread

• Administrators
Just now, Lashley said:

Aye and they're doing decent atm, I bought their regen defender who is world class off of them but loaned him back, they're one of my draws in the above picture. I love seeing stuff like this happen in future saves aha

Can I see their squad, please? :D 

7 minutes ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

Can I see their squad, please? :D 

Yeah, did an album, they got Busquets on a free, Ethan Gray is my wonderkid striker who they took on loan for 100% wages and 100k a month

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

Untitled.jpg

Was enjoying a journeyman save but it's stalled a bit now. Started as Sunday League reputation and took over Stirling but only managed a 4th place finish and lost in the playoff semi. Went to York City in the Conference from there and won the league. Left them for Crewe in League Two and won the league again. Halfway through the season after and I left Crewe in 8th place in League One for bottom of the Championship Notts Forest. Led them to an 11th place finish and then got offered the job at West Brom who had just been relegated from the Premier League. The wage budget at Forest was £295k p/w and West Brom were offering a wage budget of £1.2m but with that they obviously wanted promotion by winning the league. I'm halfway through the season now and sitting in 5th and 10 points off automatic promotion. I wish I never left Forest now as was enjoying that job, but this wage budget was too good to turn down. Remember kids, the grass isn't always greener... 

Started a new game with my hometown club Coventry with the new update. No transfer money and maxed out wage budget of £58k p/w. Somehow managed to come 2nd in the league helped by Stuart Beavon scoring 29 league goals. Reached the 5th round of the league cup beating Leeds and Villa before getting battered 5-1 away to Man Utd. Made over £2m in gate receipts in 1 month from the cup run though (average is usally £400k). Going to be tough in the Championship with a £1.5m transfer budget and a wage budget of £90k. 

One thing I've noticed about this game is when applying for National jobs and not getting them, they seem to be giving the jobs to regens with **** poor stats. 

Good luck with the new save.

I continued and haven't had the best games in the champions league. Lost against Dinamo 3-1 using basically my B team. Also lost against Barcelona 5-1. Then lost against Lazio 2-0. Pepe Reina had a horrible game which lead me to look at his stats in detail.

I'm actually not sure who to use for my main GK as all 3 have strengths where the others are weak. 

Reina/Rafael/Sepe

Aerial 11/12/13

Command 11/13/13

Communication 17/13/13

Handling 13/15/15

One on ones 13/14/13

Reflexes 14/14/16

Anticipation 17/13/12

Composure 18/13/10

Concentration 12/11/11

Decisions 11/10/12

Positioning 15/14/13

Agility 15/15/13

Strength 17/12/13

I'm playing a normal GKD. Which would you choose?

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, tyro said:

I'm playing a normal GKD. Which would you choose?

Who is better at Free Kicks? There's my answer :brock:

Though, out of the above, I'd go Sepe.

Thanks again. I will use him from now on.

Now I need to try to sort out my tactics, although Barca can't really be a point of reference and the Dinamo game and Lazio I rotated my entire squad, which might have cause the problems. The other games I won easily. But I need to think about a plan B being more conservative to be able to handle big teams.

Enjoying this save I'm having with Coventry. As mentioned in the last post, an over expected 2nd place finish in League One meant promotion to the Championship...

A measly wage budget of £90k p/w and £1.5m in transfer budget meant a battle against relegation was on the cards. However... . Got Adam Armstrong on loan from Newcastle and he was a massive part of this season, scoring 27 league goals altogether. Reiss Nelson and Jack Stephens were also a main part of the season (both on loan). Started off winning 4 of the first 5 but for most of the season we flittered between 2nd and 8th, winning 3/4 on the bounce then going 3/4 without a win. Momentum is massive in this version. With 7 games to go we were in 2nd position, 4 points in front of Middlesborough in 3rd and playing them next... Boom! A 1-0 win to go 7 points in front of 3rd with 6 games to go. Fast forward to the last game of the season and we were 2 points ahead of Boro and playing Ipswich at home. A nervy 0-0 draw ensued and an even nervier look at Boro's score... They lost 1-0. Promoted to the PL, quite unbelievably. I don't think I've ever had a game of FM go so well for me.

We also made it to the QF of the FA cup where we played a Huddersfield team who were 7th in the Championship at the time. A 1-0 home loss in the 119th minute with an own goal (it looked more like a deflected free kick than an own goal though). During the season I applied for the vacant Albanian manager job just for it on my CV and played a few games with them before resigning. At the end of the season and the 2018 WC there were 7 International jobs to go for. I thought I'd cheekily apply for them all and see what happens. 5 out of the 7 asked me to be their manager with Spain and France turning me down. I couldn't believe my luck when one of the teams that wanted me was England!

Board gave me a £330k wage budget and £25m in transfer fees for the PL and just expected me to fight bravely against relegation. I'm only a few games into the season and bought in a few players that were out of favour, Andre Wisdom £3m, Lewis Baker £2.2m, Kyle Walker Peters £2.8m, Kolarov on a free, a young Danish regen that happens to be my best AMR, and Armstrong, Tammy Abraham, Adelaide and Sam Field in on loan.  Hopefully this team can stay up. 

From a Sunday League reputation manager to England manager in 2 seasons. 

Ok, so with Sepe in goal we continued. 

Serie A

Away vs Udinese 2-1 with Gabbiadini getting two. We dominated the game and only their ultra attacking set up shortly before time was up let them have a goal back. 

Home vs Palermo 3-1 with Giaccherini, Milik, and Rog getting on the scoring charts. I had to rotate the entire squad after the champions league game vs Shakhtar but they did well. Palermo had no chance and really scored a lucky goal at the end. 

This puts us 1st in Serie A at the moment with 22 points but Juve haven't played yet. They will probably win and be at 23 points. Our next game is against Juve and might be an early decider about the season. 

Champions League

Less fortunate here, we finally got a point. So we're 4th but shakhtar has only 2 and Dinamo has 4. 3 games left with two possible winners leaving us at 7. Maybe it's enough? But more likely we will be in the Euro league. 

Away vs Shakhtar 1-1 with a wonderful strike from Gabbiadini but again they got one back. We had many chances but the second didn't go in. Also the ref handed out 6 yellow card in the first 14 min 4 of those for us. We had to play very cautious after that and instead of making tactical changes I opted to reduce the risk of a second yellow card and subbed out 3 yellow card holders. 

On a different save to my one earlier, just won the PL & FA Cup with Newcastle. Just received a job offer from Barca and I am tempted to go, they haven't won La Liga for a few years. Might do two saves, one remaining and one leaving.

On 11/03/2017 at 00:02, Lashley said:

Yeah, did an album, they got Busquets on a free, Ethan Gray is my wonderkid striker who they took on loan for 100% wages and 100k a month

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

Untitled.jpg

What skin is that that you're using? Looks great!

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/03/2017 at 17:34, potbellypigs said:

Enjoying this save I'm having with Coventry. As mentioned in the last post, an over expected 2nd place finish in League One meant promotion to the Championship...

A measly wage budget of £90k p/w and £1.5m in transfer budget meant a battle against relegation was on the cards. However... . Got Adam Armstrong on loan from Newcastle and he was a massive part of this season, scoring 27 league goals altogether. Reiss Nelson and Jack Stephens were also a main part of the season (both on loan). Started off winning 4 of the first 5 but for most of the season we flittered between 2nd and 8th, winning 3/4 on the bounce then going 3/4 without a win. Momentum is massive in this version. With 7 games to go we were in 2nd position, 4 points in front of Middlesborough in 3rd and playing them next... Boom! A 1-0 win to go 7 points in front of 3rd with 6 games to go. Fast forward to the last game of the season and we were 2 points ahead of Boro and playing Ipswich at home. A nervy 0-0 draw ensued and an even nervier look at Boro's score... They lost 1-0. Promoted to the PL, quite unbelievably. I don't think I've ever had a game of FM go so well for me.

We also made it to the QF of the FA cup where we played a Huddersfield team who were 7th in the Championship at the time. A 1-0 home loss in the 119th minute with an own goal (it looked more like a deflected free kick than an own goal though). During the season I applied for the vacant Albanian manager job just for it on my CV and played a few games with them before resigning. At the end of the season and the 2018 WC there were 7 International jobs to go for. I thought I'd cheekily apply for them all and see what happens. 5 out of the 7 asked me to be their manager with Spain and France turning me down. I couldn't believe my luck when one of the teams that wanted me was England!

Board gave me a £330k wage budget and £25m in transfer fees for the PL and just expected me to fight bravely against relegation. I'm only a few games into the season and bought in a few players that were out of favour, Andre Wisdom £3m, Lewis Baker £2.2m, Kyle Walker Peters £2.8m, Kolarov on a free, a young Danish regen that happens to be my best AMR, and Armstrong, Tammy Abraham, Adelaide and Sam Field in on loan.  Hopefully this team can stay up. 

From a Sunday League reputation manager to England manager in 2 seasons. 

An update on this save...

It's been a bit of a slow burner to be honest. Played a few, left it for a bit, played a few. To pick up from where I left off though... It was a real tough first 6 months in the Prem, not winning a game in the first 11 games and we was embroiled in a real relegation fight throughout most of the season. Fortunately, we won 7 of the last 13 games to pull clear of the pack with a few games left to finish the season 12th. Adelaide on loan from Arsenal was brilliant throughout the season (injured for the first few months) and he finished 3rd in the league average rating and ended up in the team of the year. Armstrong finished 8th in the goalscoring charts. I couldn't get Adelaide back for next season though. Arsenal wanted him to play in their team next season. Doh!

Next season started and I got given £67m to spend and £800k wages. Woohoo! I bought in 8 youngsters from Scandanavia, a regen from Rangers that cost £4,5m (rising to a possible £10.5m), Jose Gaya £6.25m, Timo Werner £7.75m, Chalobah £5.5m, Schmeichel £2.5m, Patrick Roberts £3.7m and Mario Lemina £10m. Also Kazariah Sterling, Joe Gomez and Timothy Tillman on loan from Spurs, Liverpool and Bayern Munich. My best 11 according to my assistant...

Schmeichel

Kyle Walker Peters, Andre Wisdom, Joe Gomez (loan), Jose Gaya

Mario Lemina, Nathaniel Chalobah

Patrick Hansen (a 4 star regen), Jodi Jones, Timothy Tillman, 

Timo Werner

I think this team can finish around 10th. 

A mention to Jodi Jones and Ben Stevenson who are regular first teamers and came from League One with me. I also have Jordan Willis, Jordan Turnbull, Lameries and George Thomas and Kwame Thomas in my reserves from the originals, but they're not good enough on a regular basis for this level. 

England career properly started with being drawn against France and Croatia in the International League. I lost to Croatia in the first game but managed to qualify for the semi final against Spain which I won 3-2 with Oxlade Chamberlain scoring an 85th minute winner. Played Germany in the final and Rashford scored 2 to win the cup 2-1. Already qualified for the Euros 2020 aswell (not difficult, I know). 

I think this will be the only save I have from now until 2018 but it's going to be a bit stop start still. 

Archived