FMT17 Save Updates Thread

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Muggert said:

Haven't started myself yet so didn't get round to this. 

I will be having another South America adventure for me... this time I've been inspired by the series Narcos and I'll be managing in Colombia. :cool:

After testing the full FM version for almost a week I decided to check out FMT. 

The full version is excellent and had me very immersed but I realized it was taking so long, so I'm back in FMT land. 

So far all is smooth. Love the standard skin, the attributes highlight this year (thank you). Still no first transfer budget deselect option though.

Started a save with Newcastle and am through pre-season now. 

There have been lots of movement with many players requesting to leave - Ayoze, Tiote, Anita, Lascelles. I put up a fight in the beginning but then I just thought, you don't want to be here, go.

I changed my entire backroom staff except for Graham Carr (chief scout).

Transfers out:

1. Vurnon Anita to Southampton for £7.75mn (£11.5mn with add on)

2. Jamaal Lascelles to Swansea for £7.75mn (£10.75mn with add on)

3. Ayoze Perez to PSG for £9.25mn (PSG was sniffing around and I really didn't plan on using him)

4. Cheick Tiote to Fiorentina for £5.75mn (I fought that one the most but he handed in a transfer request)

Loans out:

1. DeAndre Yedlin to New York RB for a loan fee of £130k/months and 20% of his wages. He wasn't going to play , so good to reduce the wage bill and get some income. 

2. Massadio Haidara to Norwich for £64k/month and his full 1mn a year wage. He was still injured and between Lazaar/Dummett he would not have played. 

Transfers in:

1. Dominic Iorfa from Wolves for £7.5mn (potential £10.5mn). Much better than Yedlin with huge potential. Might even start. 

2. Will Hughes from Derby for £17.5mn (potential £19.5mn). Great potential and strong addition to my midfield. 

3. Karim Rekik from Marseille for £7.5mn. I didn't really need another CD but I saw him, had money and saw his potential, specifically being a bit more of a ball playing defender. So I added him.

Starting 11(subs):

GK : Sells (Darlow)

DR: Gamez (Iorfa)

CDR: Mbemba (Rekik)

CDL: Hanley (Clark)

DL: Lazaar (Dummett)

DM: Hayden (Colback)

MCL: Diame (Hughes)

MCR: Shelvey (Hughes)

AMR: Ritchie (Gouffran)

AML: Atsu (Aarons)

ST: Mitrovic / Gayle (Murphy) (undecided who will start

Tried classic mode, still too bloated for me. Cba with the press constantly badgering me, so returned to FMT where I have two saves.

first save - Created local team, back to back promotions and in League One atm where we're mid table with the expectation to be relegated

second save - Arsenal. Undefeated after 5 games in the league (Including a 3-0 hammering of Utd), bought some youngsters as backup to develop

I've done the usual trick of starting a load of saves in different continents and levels while I try to get a feel for the Match Engine. I've more or less settled with Santos in the Brazilian First Division for the moment, largely because we waltzed through the State Championships, dropping just two points, and I like winning :) 

31 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

I've done the usual trick of starting a load of saves in different continents and levels while I try to get a feel for the Match Engine. I've more or less settled with Santos in the Brazilian First Division for the moment, largely because we waltzed through the State Championships, dropping just two points, and I like winning :) 

I know you delete your blog but did you ever finish your pentagon challenge save?

5 minutes ago, Fosse said:

I know you delete your blog but did you ever finish your pentagon challenge save?

No. I stopped playing FM for a while as I needed to focus on work related stuff, so I deleted my blog and FM16 etc. to remove any temptation! I'm enjoying Brazil so will see how long I stick with this save......

2 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

No. I stopped playing FM for a while as I needed to focus on work related stuff, so I deleted my blog and FM16 etc. to remove any temptation! I'm enjoying Brazil so will see how long I stick with this save......

Ah right, you'd completed Asia but I can't remember how far you had gotten after that. Any plans to to write again or are you enjoying the freedom?:brock:

4 minutes ago, Fosse said:

Ah right, you'd completed Asia but I can't remember how far you had gotten after that. Any plans to to write again or are you enjoying the freedom?:brock:

Freedom is good. Handing in my modding badge here and ditching the blog means I feel less obliged to be courteous on the forum, and under less pressure to write stuff.

16 hours ago, RTHerringbone said:

Freedom is good. Handing in my modding badge here and ditching the blog means I feel less obliged to be courteous on the forum, and under less pressure to write stuff.

That's why I like the save updates thread. You can interact with others through small updates instead of needing to make a story of it all! :-)

The return of Parma

Once upon a time when i was a young boy I loved watching Parma play. Back then the italian league was one of the best in europe and italian teams regularly won top european competitions. Parma was one of the most legendary teams I can remember from then. I had a full squad of them in one of my Panini books ! :-)

They won the Cup Winners Cup, Uefa Cup, European Super Cup, Coppa Italia, Supercoppa Italia

But they never won the Scudetto. It's time to bring back the glory days... And who better to do it than one of their heroes from the past.... Hernan Crespo! :-)

BTW I LOVE the face generator :-)

2 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

Meanwhile, in Brazil.....

We walked the States with a P12 W11 D1 L0 record and a win over Sao Paulo in the State Final. Almost half way through the Nationals, we've dropped just 4 points and lead by 13 points. We've conceded just 6 in 18 and netted 37 :cool:

Nice start... Having some new talent around?

I've decided to focus on youth and hope the current squad with 2 players extra will do the job and battle for promotion.

Won the National Champioship with nine games to spare :cool: Still unbeaten after 29 games and we're in the Semi Final of the Brazilian Cup too.

European vultures are already circling with Thiago Maia unsettled by Spurs / Arsenal and he's not a player I want to lose. Also many players are wanting pay rises already, so we'll have to see how this all goes.

On 25/10/2016 at 20:40, RTHerringbone said:

Hi bud, long time no talk...?

May I ask your opinion about FMT this year? Do you think it's good for long term saves?

22 minutes ago, higgins said:

Hi bud, long time no talk...?

May I ask your opinion about FMT this year? Do you think it's good for long term saves?

Hi! I think it's fine as usual. Not a quantum leap beyond 16 but what realistically can we expect? I'm not one for pointless features etc. and just want the core of the game (tactics, player development and scouting) to improve each year. This year the Match Engine is definitely more solid that FM16. It still has issues (it always will) but I'd say I'm already more engaged with the game than last year.

My first Youth Intake delivered six 4* PA prospects in a range of positions (ML, MR, DC, DL, MC, AMC), so that's nice. Thiago Maia also seems to have chilled out and has accepted a new contract. We're also benefiting from more season tickets than last year, increased sponsorship and TV deals, so we're doing OK. Have now set up an extensive scouting network to scour anybody who kicks a ball in Brazil, with the intention of hoovering up all the best 15/16 year olds.

Nice progress RTHerringbone. 

I almost started a save in Brazil, but when I went looking for my team Atletico Mineiro and went through the list several times until i figured out their abbreviation as ATM. So that made me change my mind until the full game comes out.

After the Newcastle injury fiasco, I decided it was time for a fresh save. I started with West Ham.

I looked through the squad and decided Andy Carroll wouldn't fit my system, his wages were too high, and he is injury prone. Off he went to… someone (Everton apparently) who paid 15mn up front and up to 28mn in total.

Due to Cresswell’s injury at left back I wanted another player but since Arbeloa can play left back I opted for a player on the right. In came Iorfa for about 9mn,  I found him on my previous save.

I also wanted a better goalkeeper. Adrian was good but too slow and Randolph is a good backup but I wanted better. So, I brought in Timo Horn for his buyout clause 7.75mn,  and sent Adrian out on loan to Lyon.

All was going well but suddenly Payet wanted to talk to me. Real Madrid were rumoured to be interested in him and he wanted champions league football. So I told him that I would strengthen the squad (the other options were agreeing to a transfer either end of season or as soon as possible). He wasn't happy.

A couple of days later he handed in a transfer request. So, I put his asking price at 30mn (he's valued at 23.5mn) and nothing happened. I chatted with my pals over at Real Madrid and PSG and told them, hey guys, Dimitri wants to join you guys, we don't want to let him go but you can have him for 30mn. They're like… Dimitri who? I'm like OK, Ok how about 26mn? They're like, uhm, who's that? I'm like OK, I get it. I tried to rip you off I give him to you for 23.5. They're like. Look, we don't want him. I'm like OK, sorry for bothering. Got off the phone and wanted to talk to the 5 year old throwing a tantrum but in FMT I can't go to him and tell him, they're not interested. So I upped his asking price back to what I would sell him for (40mn) and put him back in the team. His morale is down but otherwise pretending like nothing happened. He hasn't played particularly well, however.

Let's see how things continue.

Transfer window deadline day and I get a report that Payet was injured on international duty and is out for 4-5 months with a broken foot. So, I guess none of us get to have him. 

Now his backup Lanzini is out for 4 weeks. 

I'm finding my start at Parma a bit inconsistent. I have a great team but it's not balanced at all so I'm trying a very assymetric tactic with TI's i've never combined before. So far we're 3rd after 13 after a poor start and gradually getting better.

Battling it out in the top of the Championship with Wolves in the first season.

2 points clear of QPR in 3rd with two games to go.

I'm in a crisis on the goalkeeper position. 3 of the 4 GK's in the club is injured. The best 3 of course :-)

I created my own little club called Red Road Rovers, i managed to only manage them until  december first season then i was sacked, i wasn't doing to badly then they go and appoint Barry Ferguson(Are you actually serious) then what does he go and do? goes and sells the best player in he team for 10k who was not only a striker but the top goal scorer and the best striker in scottish league two,  oh well screw them im now gosport after taking over them in march and my first 6 games lost 5 drew 1 haha.

On 11/16/2016 at 01:33, craigibhoy said:

I created my own little club called Red Road Rovers, i managed to only manage them until  december first season then i was sacked, i wasn't doing to badly then they go and appoint Barry Ferguson(Are you actually serious) then what does he go and do? goes and sells the best player in he team for 10k who was not only a striker but the top goal scorer and the best striker in scottish league two,  oh well screw them im now gosport after taking over them in march and my first 6 games lost 5 drew 1 haha.

This is the fear that makes me use the unsackable option when doing that type of save, plus I want to stay at the club through the highs and lows, nobody else is managing my club.:stop:

I started my Created Club save in League One, my new club Mawborough replaced the MK Dons, we had a tough first season but managed to avoid the drop, Just got to December in 2nd season and things are going well.

I have a thread here.

On 11/17/2016 at 15:53, Maw74 said:

This is the fear that makes me use the unsackable option when doing that type of save, plus I want to stay at the club through the highs and lows, nobody else is managing my club.:stop:

I started my Created Club save in League One, my new club Mawborough replaced the MK Dons, we had a tough first season but managed to avoid the drop, Just got to December in 2nd season and things are going well.

I have a thread here.

Oh my i never even knew there was an unsackable option in game, that was my plan  to stay at the club for ever since i created it, can i still use the unsackable option in a current save ? as i think im gonna buy the cheat thing where i can get accepted to any club so i can take my club back :D, nice career im gonna follow it.

5 hours ago, craigibhoy said:

Oh my i never even knew there was an unsackable option in game, that was my plan  to stay at the club for ever since i created it, can i still use the unsackable option in a current save ? as i think im gonna buy the cheat thing where i can get accepted to any club so i can take my club back :D, nice career im gonna follow it.

Yeah you can purchase and add the unsackable cheat to a save anytime.

I would have suffered the same fate as you if I didn't use it, no problem being sacked in other saves but not in a created club save.

Just finished my season with Trabzonspor in my Journeyman save. We won the league, with 81 points. The team in 2nd were only on 60 odd, so it was quite easy.

Had a fantastic season

Won the Turkish Super Cup, Turkish Super League, Turkish Cup, finished runners up in the Europa League to Spurs

And I won the Spor Toto Super League Manager Of The Year

I then resigned to become Everton manager. In 2018, they've sold Lukaku to Dortmund, let Baines go on a free and finished 16th last season.

EDIT:  Managed to keep Baines, as his contract hadn't expired yet. He's still the best left back there, so I'll need to develop a youngster as a future replacement

Untitled.png

• 3 months later...

I thought I would resurrect this thread as it is a shame to have been moved so far back.

After dabbling (as usual) with the full version (I have to be honest needing to install two games for FM and FMT on PC makes one be more selective) I decided to come back to FMT. I didn't really move along in FM and everytime I come back to FMT it's like a breath of fresh air. 

Now enough about that. I almost came back to my interesting Stuttgart save but then decided to start new (before 17.3). I always like playing in Italy and went back to Napoli. I had a nice save with them a couple of years back and they are an interesting team and I read a bit about how their playing style is at the moment. 

I only made on transfer bringing in Bazoer for €13mn but the agent locked in a €24mn release clause. This really annoyed me but I guess better than nothing. I will try to renegotiate as soon as they let me. 

Playing the 433 with Jorginho as the DLP in DM behind Hamsik and Allen. AML is Insigne although Mertens has just shown he wants to push into first team. AMR is Callejon who has been brilliant and up front I am still deciding between Gabbiadini and Milik.

Played 3 games. 2 wins (Cagliari 1-0, Fiorentina 5-3) and 1 draw (Inter 1-1). 2nd behind Juve so far but still early days. 

Let's see how it goes. 

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Lashley said:

Might be time to start another save

Untitled.jpg

Hang on a minute. Port Vale in the Prem? I've searched so many saves and never see this happen :D 

7 minutes ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

Hang on a minute. Port Vale in the Prem? I've searched so many saves and never see this happen :D 

Aye and they're doing decent atm, I bought their regen defender who is world class off of them but loaned him back, they're one of my draws in the above picture. I love seeing stuff like this happen in future saves aha

Archived