Football Manager 2017 Pre-Release Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Wells said:

Yeah maybe these two guys can't take it to PMs.. thread is derailing.

When bringing up valid points and asking other people to backup their claims about the game, since when is this considered trolling and derailing a thread about feedback upon the game? He and me are definitely arguing about the amount of injuries for example in this game at this moment. 

Just now, HUNT3R said:

I feel long-time customers have the right to be dissatisfied if they feel that way. On this forum, they NEED to be constructive though because it ends up in a better forum and a better product - good news for all concerned.

You might not be the only one claiming this, but injury rates haven't been touched since FM16.

That said, if you can prove - with a save - that injury levels aren't realistic (whether it's the frequency or length of injuries) then upload a save. For all the complaints, nobody has done that yet.

Injury levels are below real life, so it won't be adjusted unless someone has a save that shows something is wrong.

I believe injury rates are a complaint since 16 (or even 15, I've forgotten). Unfortunately with injuries one can always link the EPL injury and suspension table and compare how much lower they are than in real life. So we can never be satisfied with your handling of the issue, because there will always be that small majority that gets unlucky with injuries - I may have accidentally signed all players with high injury proneness, but not so high it shows up in reports.

You mentioned being constructive, so let's be constructive - while injury rates may end up in realistic injuries throughout big leagues like the EPL, I don't believe in largely lethargic, less intensive leagues I can have broken feet every few matches. I also think natural fitness should have a significant effect on injury proneness, so that one can migitate injuries. This would also improve realism, as some worse leagues around the world tend to buy physically fit players to have less injuries to deal with, as they can't afford to replace players.

injuries are not crippling me at all, in fact i've been quite lucky that i've had 1-2 short term ones in the first 16 games in the bottom league in england.  what is proving difficult is managing without my ball winning midfielder who has been booked 12 times in those 16 games!

but i suppose, asking him to run around chasing the ball will have this effect..... 

Just now, Vaikaris said:

You mentioned being constructive, so let's be constructive - while injury rates may end up in realistic injuries throughout big leagues like the EPL, I don't believe in largely lethargic, less intensive leagues I can have broken feet every few matches. I also think natural fitness should have a significant effect on injury proneness, so that one can migitate injuries. This would also improve realism, as some worse leagues around the world tend to buy physically fit players to have less injuries to deal with, as they can't afford to replace players.

The EPL's figures are easily available to us, yes, but SI monitor stats from many leagues around the world and not just the top ones either. Again, if you have information that injury levels should be adjusted, they will be all ears. They've asked for save games etc as well, but nothing yet.

2 minutes ago, m@rk said:

injuries are not crippling me at all, in fact i've been quite lucky that i've had 1-2 short term ones in the first 16 games in the bottom league in england.  what is proving difficult is managing without my ball winning midfielder who has been booked 12 times in those 16 games!

but i suppose, asking him to run around chasing the ball will have this effect..... 

Same, I'm nearing the end of Season 1, and after 45 league and cup matches in the National League South, I've had two players miss more than 1 consecutive match, and none miss more than 4.

I suspect I'm on the opposite end of the injury luck, but these kind of abnormal results happen all the time.  But, the guys who get through a season with their only injury being a bruised pinky on their youth team goalkeeper don't get online to complain.

Just now, KUBI said:

Can't remember a release without threads about too many injuries. 

...and it always seems to be people in smaller leagues complaining and people playing in the English leagues telling them they're imagining things.

as I said earlier the injury situation looks worse if you start at a club that has injured players already out. the game engine doesn't take that into account. So I expect that a few months it all evens out?

Also with FM17 you seem to start the game with a lower match fitness than on earlier versions (but I havent double checked my start dates)?? so those early preseaon games can do some damage if you dont sub out the players after 45-60mins

3 minutes ago, Vaikaris said:
3 minutes ago, Vaikaris said:

..and it always seems to be people in smaller leagues complaining and people playing in the English leagues telling them they're imagining things.

Ok you made your point, now as the mods said, upload that save if you think theres really too much injuries compared to real life. Everyone can continue arguing but were getting nowhere without proof. SI have numbers to backup what they say, the question is do you if you claim they are wrong? 

7 minutes ago, Vaikaris said:

...and it always seems to be people in smaller leagues complaining and people playing in the English leagues telling them they're imagining things.

I'm always playing in smaller leagues and did not have to complain at all.

1- most goals are coming from crosses. they are far too effective. 70-80% of the goals have come from crosses in my games.

2- 17,18 year old youth players on youth contracts asking for backup status on promises page when they are no where near good enough to be in the first team squad. playing as roma, players like Diallo Ba and Andrea Marcucci not accepting hot prospect status.

39 minutes ago, Vaikaris said:

And I'll just briefly mention that yes, every year there's people complaining (every year since 2014, iirc, quite a lot), but I seem to notice that this year FM17 has a 67% negative rating on steam. Steam, where certain blunder's of the century manage 31% positive.

The majority of those that aren't people complaining about injuries are people with the exact opposite issue as you - you say they're only adding new features and not refining the existing game, the negative reviews are complaining that there aren't any new features, just refinements and fixes.

15 minutes ago, Romanista. said:

1- most goals are coming from crosses. they are far too effective. 70-80% of the goals have come from crosses in my games.

2- 17,18 year old youth players on youth contracts asking for backup status on promises page when they are no where near good enough to be in the first team squad. playing as roma, players like Diallo Ba and Andrea Marcucci not accepting hot prospect status.

If you think these two are bugs, please raise it in the bugs forum and provide a save game to the ftp.

16 minutes ago, Vaikaris said:

and always from users that either misunderstand what realistic is or use tactics/training that make their situation worse.

I virtually always play in the lower leagues and rarely see the situations people complain of.

Currently with a semi pro team in Norway I had one injury in pre-season & one at the start of the season which have both cleared up.  Now halfway through the season I've had another 3/4 niggling injuries where players have missed one, maybe two matches and two serious ones where the players are out for 3+ months.

Looking through the various threads & pics that have been posted up I don't really see an issue with quantities but there does seem to be a slight imbalance with types.  There perhaps seems to more longer term injuries than I would expect and perhaps not enough short term knocks but thats just a feeling from looking through the threads.

Does anyone else have a problem with regen faces being sort of the same? Just had my first intake and every single one of them is a white guy with the same facial features but a different hairstyle. I mean look at this

5142bb902e8ccabc6c6777a36038e232.png

These are all the same guy aren't they? Not to mention none of them look 16, more like 10 mugshots of a 35 year old criminal offender.

2 minutes ago, Äktsjon Männ said:

Does anyone else have a problem with regen faces being sort of the same? Just had my first intake and every single one of them is a white guy with the same facial features but a different hairstyle. I mean look at this

5142bb902e8ccabc6c6777a36038e232.png

These are all the same guy aren't they? Not to mention none of them look 16, more like 10 mugshots of a 35 year old criminal offender.

yes, I felt the same even with mixed race or black brazilians... mine also had similar (and very ugly) hairstyles to make it even creepier.

btw hairstyles are still so ugly... looking forward to some custom hair pack.

Just now, Warhawk said:

The majority of those that aren't people complaining about injuries are people with the exact opposite issue as you - you say they're only adding new features and not refining the existing game, the negative reviews are complaining that there aren't any new features, just refinements and fixes.

I never said that.

To all you people above who said you're doing just fine - I'm happy to hear that. Since you keep asking for evidence and I don't have the time or patience to dig through all my old saves, here's another quick screenshot.

I was gonna post some other complaints, but hey, let's stick to that.

Edit - sorry for the terrible quality, I'm forced to play in a small window to avoid crashes.

Not quite.png

Edited by Vaikaris

4 minutes ago, Äktsjon Männ said:

I checked but couldn't find anything in the bugs forum. That's why I asked if it's just in my game that they look like that. Guess not then.

I said earlier they were better than last year, because at a first glance they are as they are less cartoony. But as you play more you realize they all look the same but for hair and forehead size (scale between a bit too big and freakishly too big) and it becomes clear more work needs done 

5 minutes ago, Vaikaris said:

I never said that.

You said, and I quote, "new features seem to get added without old problems being touched."  And made substantially the same complaint in another post.  I was pointing out that much of the negative reviews you were citing are actually complaining about a lack of new features.

7 minutes ago, Äktsjon Männ said:

I checked but couldn't find anything in the bugs forum. That's why I asked if it's just in my game that they look like that. Guess not then.

I could swear I read a thread about it aome days ago, but now I can't find it.

8 minutes ago, Vaikaris said:

I never said that.

To all you people above who said you're doing just fine - I'm happy to hear that. Since you keep asking for evidence and I don't have the time or patience to dig through all my old saves, here's another quick screenshot.

I was gonna post some other complaints, but hey, let's stick to that.

Edit - sorry for the terrible quality, I'm forced to play in a small window to avoid crashes.

Not quite.png

Did you switch to "maximised borderless window" like I advised you earlier? then you wouldn't need to play in a "small" window.

As for your injuries 8 is slightly high at any given time and they are longer than little knocks but that depends on other factors:

A) How many players in your main squad? other squads?

B) Post a pic of your training.

C) Post a pic of your tactics.

D) Post a pic of the injury table for your league.

• SI Staff

Let's keep this thread for feedback as much as we are able. It would be a shame for solid feedback, positive or constructive, to be lost in discussion that could be had elsewhere. If you reckon you have a bug get it posted in the appropriate place - https://community.sigames.com/forum/512-football-manager-2017-pre-release-beta-bugs-forum/ - and we'll investigate :)

Re. Injuries in different leagues - We don't set a  specific number for each league, we allow the various factors such as pitch condition, player attributes (natural fitness, injury proneness, etc.), match intensity and so on to modify the numbers organically. As such smaller leagues with lower intensities but terrible pitches and poor facilities should react accordingly.

Hope that helps a little,
Seb

6 hours ago, andu1 said:

Do players turned coaches gain tendencies over time? Like buys young players, expects attacking footbal etc? Or is it set when they are generated? If so then it would be nice to increase the chances of them having more tendencies, it would increase the immersion in long term saves.

Any feedback about this? If so , there is my feedback, regen coaches need to be more fleshed out in comparison to the starting database. :D

• SI Staff
4 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Any feedback about this? If so , there is my feedback, regen coaches need to be more fleshed out in comparison to the starting database. :D

Get it posted in the Feature Request section  :thup:

8 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

Get it posted in the Feature Request section  :thup:

Did it thanks. Just for the record it's not really a new feature just tweak some of their attributes to better resemble starting coaches and increase the chances of gaining multiple tendencies. i guess it can be done in FM 17.

Havent got the beta yet, but found the feedback this year pretty promising. Just some questions:

If I have a professional squad and sign someone like Balotelli (or anyone with very low professionalism), would the players around him help him be more professional, or would he just take longer to fit in?  Also, what is squad personality primarily for? Does it mould younger players?

For those players who have managed to complete a few seasons: 

is it harder to develop younger players and build successful teams? Always found it a bit easy at a top club to scout the best young players, buy them, develop them and dominate with them.

Thanks

I'll try again: When do you guys get the transfer budget for your team in the english Championship? I'm pretty sure you got it at the same time as you got the Commersial summary in FM 16, but I don't get it until the very near of the start of the season in the FM 17 beta. Just want to make sure this is not a bug that I get because I start the game in March 2017.

Edit. Or maybe I get the transfer budget but not get notified? I'm confused.

Edited by Viking

11 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Is the chairman of Truro still that super-dodgy property developer who nearly bankrupted Plymouth?

Mind you, as a Pompey fan that'll be a step up for you ;-)

You're not wrong there! At least he exists; we had one owner who didn't.

Having just finished my first season I was offered a contract extension by the board. As it was last year there was basically no room for negotiation, I could not alter the years of the contract or increase the wage more than £1k a week. This makes the whole "negotiation" a bit pointless now as either you accept what is offered or not. If the club does not want to budge perhaps the deal should be offered as "non-negotiable" otherwise it's just a waste of time.

Edited by g7day

On 24/10/2016 at 20:41, cruyff14 said:

I'm really struggling to get offered a job. I'm managing England, I've started out with the highest manager reputation I can have and have applied for at least 15-20 jobs of clubs in various countries and divisions ranging from the top to the bottom. I have been interviewed numerous times tried all different answers to the questions but never been offered a single job. Is this a bug or something as it's rapidly becoming annoying

Sorry to bump this but I've carried out a few tests and applied for some jobs when I'm unemployed and not managing England any more and been offered the jobs I was previously rejected for when managing the England team.

Could this be a bug not being able to get club jobs whilst managing national teams even when offereing to step down as coach??

Has anbody else had a similar problem?

Sorry to ask again but I am finding this to be a tad annoying and wondering if it's a bug or something as the previous versions have never had this issue so can any of the SI team answer or investigate perhaps

Edited by cruyff14
Question for Sports Interactive

36 minutes ago, cruyff14 said:

Sorry to bump this but I've carried out a few tests and applied for some jobs when I'm unemployed and not managing England any more and been offered the jobs I was previously rejected for when managing the England team.

Could this be a bug not being able to get club jobs whilst managing national teams even when offereing to step down as coach??

Has anbody else had a similar problem?

It's always more common to be offered club jobs when you're unemployed as the club offering you the post won't have to pay any compensation. I imagine that would be quite high if you're under contract as England manager. 

13 hours ago, Preveza said:

This is funny. FM16 was known for its crossing issues, and you did not encounter ANY issues with crossing in FM16? And now youre having an issue with FM17 and its crosses? Classic.

I don't know Dave but just about everything he has posted is done so in a well-thought out manner and in a very balanced way. If some other people had said they never encountered crossing issues in FM16, I'd probably not believe them but when Dave says it I tend to think he's telling the truth.
My own experience, like a lot of others, is that the crossing issue came close to ruining FM16 for me but that doesn't mean I am going to instantly dismiss someone who has experienced otherwise.

5 hours ago, Vaikaris said:

Everyone has a limit to their patience. You seem to have exactly the same attitude SI do though - "criticize all you want, we don't care, we'll do whatever we want and we know we'll see you next year".

Apart from you it seems because you buy the game year after year, I'm guessing only so that you can come on here and moan about it. You only have 17 posts under your username. I wonder if that's because your previous accounts were cancelled due to you just throwing abuse around?
We get it, you don't like the game. So STOP BUYING IT!

It is quite amazing to see some saying that they have had no crossing issue in FM 16... hmmmm they must have been playing a special FM16 than the normal then.. sorry had to say it.

I will still read this thread and look for anyone else reporting crossing issue before I get FM 17... that was gamebreaking for me last year and can't bear to take it again.

Edited by Wells

My initial relief re crossing is fading slightly. 

My IF AMR has scored 12 by Xmas as I sit 20th in Championship. All from six yards. Different crossing bug than 16 for sure, but still feels a bit off. 

My sample size is currently far too small to be of value tho, including for a bug report. 

In 16 all crosses from deep to cf, here from byline to AMR despite no individual instruction 

Edited by Per Annum

9 minutes ago, Wells said:

It is quite amazing to see some saying that they have had no crossing issue in FM 16... hmmmm they must have been playing a special FM16 than the normal then.. sorry had to say it.

The vast majority of goals on FM16 for me came from passed through balls to the striker, which is how I wanted my tactic to work during my main save on it. In that regard, I never had any issues with crossing, but of course the amount of people who posted about it clearly meant there was some issues in certain tactical setups. 

9 minutes ago, Wells said:

I will still read this thread and look for anyone else reporting crossing issue before I get FM 17... that was gamebreaking for me last year and can't bear to take it again.

Yeh I was one of those people with the special FM16 version.

SI have released a much improved and updated ME for FM17, and my experience so far shows that I won't be needing that special version again this year.