Jump to content

Football Manager 2017 Pre-Release Beta Feedback Thread


Recommended Posts

Well finally got try out the Beta, and I must say this is the best looking version to date. The ME looks solid from the very limited games I played, but I do not foresee any big gamebreaking bugs in the ME coming up. Very well done SI and another purchase well spent. Now to get the Gunners to European glory this year.

 

Go Gunners

Trevor L.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, laBOMBA said:

This popped up: "Due to club protests, the 2022 World Cup is now being organized by Argentina instead of Qatar."

 

Even though I don't think FM should get involved in politics, it's a nice addition to the game.

That's been in before, and it's not actually political, it's so they don't have to go through the headache of dealing with a winter World Cup.  That's "club protests" not "human rights organization protests," it's about scheduling rather than politics.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if I saw it right...

Under 2D classic, you can now actually see when the Ref plays Advantage (seen by a yellow arrow on the referee icon)!

Did we have this last year or is this new?

If so... Wow!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing FM Touch this past year, I have often left my assistant in charge of training, but will pick and choose individual players to tweak their training.

THIS year ... this year it's so much more a pain. EVERY  SINGLE  TIME  I want to change a setting, I get a full popup asking me if I want to take over the team's training or if I want to just make this one change this time.

 

Last year it was so much more painless. I want to override a setting, I just do it. I can always recheck the box to allow the assistant to control this player's training. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to be back on track.

Several problems/suggestions as to the UI:

1. Respective left/right foot ability is no where to be found.

2. Position side preference (e.g., "Prefers left when in a pair of two") has to be viewed in a hovering fashion, which is inconvenient.

3. I guess there still should be some refactoring work on the "Profile", "Attributes", and "Information" panels of players. How about combining them into two panels, one focusing on football matters (Attributes, Positions, etc.), and the other focusing on personal info (Nationality, Languages, etc.).

If the above alteration is not feasible, please at least add position info to the "Attributes" panel. When viewing a player, Many FMer still prefer to land on the "Attributes" panel and focus on the tactical/technical side of the player (attributes, positions, traits).

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, octopusthu said:

Great to be back on track.

Several problems/suggestions as to the UI:

1. Respective left/right foot ability is no where to be found.

2. Position side preference (e.g., "Prefers left when in a pair of two") has to be viewed in a hovering fashion, which is inconvenient.

3. I guess there still should be some refactoring work on the "Profile", "Attributes", and "Information" panels of players. How about combining them into two panels, one focusing on football matters (Attributes, Positions, etc.), and the other focusing on personal info (Nationality, Languages, etc.).

If the above alteration is not feasible, please at least add position info to the "Attributes" panel. When viewing a player, Many FMer still prefer to land on the "Attributes" panel and focus on the tactical/technical side of the player (attributes, positions, traits).

 

1. can be found in player overview//development//tactics 

Jordy Hiwula_ Development Tactics.png

Edited by bloodandfire
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Warhawk said:

That's been in before, and it's not actually political, it's so they don't have to go through the headache of dealing with a winter World Cup.  That's "club protests" not "human rights organization protests," it's about scheduling rather than politics.

You didn't get my point.

FM shouldn't get involved with the political debate if the WC should be rescheduled, played somewhere else or leave as is. Because of this message, they're siding with the opinion of stripping Qatar of the WC. The fact is that it's still being organised in Qatar so it should stay like that in the game.

I personally don't have an opinion on the matter, but I'm sure some people will.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, laBOMBA said:

You didn't get my point.

FM shouldn't get involved with the political debate if the WC should be rescheduled, played somewhere else or leave as is. Because of this message, they're siding with the opinion of stripping Qatar of the WC. The fact is that it's still being organised in Qatar so it should stay like that in the game.

I personally don't have an opinion on the matter, but I'm sure some people will.

I agree it is still being organized in Qatar, so shouldn't be moved. They could've held it in summer in the game, so scheduling headache is just an excuse. But the decision is final. At least in your game it was set in a normal country, in mine it was moved to Morocco.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kamackeris said:

yeh thats what i was thinking have they toned it down due to all the rage about injuries when they backed it up with real life stats on previous editions. 

It's not turned down at all. It's always backed up by real life stats. It was around 75% last year too. The year before that (before the injury system re-vamp) even lower.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PeeDub said:

Playing FM Touch this past year, I have often left my assistant in charge of training, but will pick and choose individual players to tweak their training.

THIS year ... this year it's so much more a pain. EVERY  SINGLE  TIME  I want to change a setting, I get a full popup asking me if I want to take over the team's training or if I want to just make this one change this time.

 

Last year it was so much more painless. I want to override a setting, I just do it. I can always recheck the box to allow the assistant to control this player's training. 

It'll be worth posting this in the FMT Feedback thread, in the FMT general discussion section.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did the scouting knowledge logic change this year?

I'm playing as Newcastle in Championship and I noticed I can't really ask my scouts to go to South America at all.  Are those regions unlocked only if I find a scout that has those nations knowledge?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SmurfDude said:

So far I would say the only obvious issue with the ME is that a very high percentage of shots are off target. Shot after shot is blasted high and wide. 

Does anyone else have a similar experience? I'm still getting 50%+ shots on target, same as all prior versions, and that's with a variety of tactics on Touch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2016 at 05:13, Persee said:

About 64 bit, im still unsure can anyone confirm if its faster?

Yes the game is faster, based on my observation, a good 30-50% faster on certain load and I am not even using SSD. 

My Beta feedback:

Positives

  • 64 bit allows for faster game
  • A polished version of FM16
  • Attack from wings makes better judgements, passing instead of shooting
  • Goalkeepers are improved 
  • Pre-match visuals (3D animations)
  • Lots of new mini features not mentioned in video preview

Negatives

  • The game felt more like a major patch upgrade instead of a new game
  • 3D match engine lacks visual upgrade that stands out
  • Improved match ball sound is good, but at least sounds for tackles, player voice, coach, environment and etc!
  • General interface lacks visual upgrade, interactions and conversation are boring
  • Players still use roller skates on 3D animations
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/10/2016 at 05:31, roykela said:


Just noticed the same thing. That tiny thing is a little step backwards if it stays that way.

Me too, I don't want to have to memorise, or flick back and forth between screens to make those decisions. I think it's good to see the coaching and mental attributes of the staff in backroom advice and throughout the staff screens when choosing a staff member to perform a function.

I've also noticed that when you hover/click the "i" next to a player, it no longer shows you the coach/assistant manager (for your players) or scout (for other team's players) opinion of the current and potential ability of the player. It used to show the star ratings so you could get a quick handle of who the staff thought were the stand out players, who's improved/decilined by going down your squad page hovering over the "i" .

These two little things make it a bit more cumbersome to make decisions about staff and your players because you have to navigate away from the page, in FM16 you didn't have to. Seems an odd thing to take away?

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Atytse said:

Did the scouting knowledge logic change this year?

I'm playing as Newcastle in Championship and I noticed I can't really ask my scouts to go to South America at all.  Are those regions unlocked only if I find a scout that has those nations knowledge?

Just ask your board for scouting range. Ashley  gave me it instantly despite Sunday league rep and no badges. I'd imagine it's not 100% guaranteed tho. 

This feature hasn't changed 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, anyone finding the opaque green button a bit too subtle? I'm using Macbook air 13 inch and I often miss which buttons are actionable due to that change.

In addition, I reported a transfer breaking UI bug of not being able to see full sentences or words so for example I don't know how many months my monthly instalments are spread across.

Anyone facing similar issues? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This can't be right surely. I have a player who has picked up a 'shin splints' injury, and it gives me two choices. Send to a specialist where he'll be out for 6 weeks, or leave to physio where he'll be out for 6 MONTHS. 

Six months for shin splints? You generally recover from those in a few weeks. And you certainly don't need to see a specialist!

 

shin.PNG

Link to post
Share on other sites

Will saved saved info (squad views, scouting view, set piece routines etc) from 16 be available to upload to 17 once beta has finished ?

Edited by Fritz13
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Per Annum said:

Even though I'm very pleased with skin overall I agree there are times when clickable opaque green buttons on white background look at first glance to be grayed out. 

Dave, shin splints can last years :(

I've also found this. Only a minor issue but they do resemble the greyed out buttons from last year, so can be confusing 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

This can't be right surely. I have a player who has picked up a 'shin splints' injury, and it gives me two choices. Send to a specialist where he'll be out for 6 weeks, or leave to physio where he'll be out for 6 MONTHS. 

Six months for shin splints? You generally recover from those in a few weeks. And you certainly don't need to see a specialist!

 

shin.PNG

Can you raise this in the gameplay area of the bugs forum please? Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

This can't be right surely. I have a player who has picked up a 'shin splints' injury, and it gives me two choices. Send to a specialist where he'll be out for 6 weeks, or leave to physio where he'll be out for 6 MONTHS. 

Six months for shin splints? You generally recover from those in a few weeks. And you certainly don't need to see a specialist!

 

shin.PNG

I had shin splints for around 10 years. I'd have taken 6 months... 

Until I saw a specialist, who got me fixed up with strengthening exercises etc in around 6 weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if it's a bug or dodgy keeping but my goalie saved / parried a free kick from about 30 yards which resulted in the ball rolling vertically across the line. He stood up but rather than get it he waited for an attacker to chase it down , then he just did some half-ass dive. I can upload the highlight later when I'm home if needed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RTHerringbone said:

Does anyone else have a similar experience? I'm still getting 50%+ shots on target, same as all prior versions, and that's with a variety of tactics on Touch.

It seems there's a balanced rate between total shots and shots on target. :thup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RTHerringbone said:

Does anyone else have a similar experience? I'm still getting 50%+ shots on target, same as all prior versions, and that's with a variety of tactics on Touch.

Looking back through the matches I've played so far 40-60% on target seems to be where I am falling , seems ok to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Classic mode is definitely NOT a cop out, it's incredible how many people think this. It's not an admission of defeat that you can't handle the full game, as it's the same tactics and ME. What it does well is that is speeds through the seasons, and a lot of the superfluous stuff is taken out. The amount of people who refuse to play the version when you KNOW it would suit their needs down to the ground is incredible. 

I've always got at least one save on both versions of the game. 

Agreed. I Absolutely love Classic/Touch. I work shifts, I'm married, and I have a regular group of friends I play all sorts of other games with. If it wasn't for Touch, I'd no longer be buying FM as I'd not ever get more than 2 seasons done on each edition. It's streamlined and faster, but in many ways it is also actually MORE difficult, as you have less ways of affecting morale and less control over youth development (as tutoring is automatic, for example).

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2016 at 01:08, Lucas Weatherby said:

Hi Cloista, 

Could you report this in the FM Touch Bugs Forum, would be worth taking a look at your save and evaluating.

Cheers.

Having gone through a full season now, I'm no longer concerned. The problem isn't with the amount of injuries that are generated I think, it's because that is stacking on top of pre-exisiting injuries, once those have cleared up it's a lot more manageable.

Link to post
Share on other sites


Guys

 

I have been enjoying the new FM17 but for some reason when I a match play it kicks me out of the game and the error message I get is

Football Manger 2017 17.0.1b889157 has stopped working

A problem caused the programme to stop working correctly Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

 

Is anyone able to help this is stopping me from playing?

Thanks in advance 

Keith

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit disheartened this still works to an extent. Apart of the nicely polish going on and the improvements made to decision making, this seems to be a long-term project and not an easy "fix" though. :-) Like the last big restructuring in the form of collision avoidance which made completely static and one dimensional tactics actually toothless, rather than viable. Not arguing this to be an instant loss, but if there isn't a player actually holding the centre of the pitch for the entirety of the 90 minutes against somewhat competitive opposition, and generally acres of space unoccupied going forward quite often, how viable would that be in real football? Support duty midfielders seem to position pretty intelligently during transitioning, pushing up or dropping slightly deeper to offer themselves. All of this naturally influences. But they aren't meant to stay deeper, and eventually they don't hold much.
 

Still not recommended to much play like that for a variety of other reasons, mind. Plus none of the AI managers ever play like that anyway (good for them!) :D

oCBv686.jpg

Edited by Svenc
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2016 at 22:15, josh381991 said:

on news items when action is required the box could do with being a darker and more noticeable green as currently can easily be missed

 

 

Also in the social section when your clubs account announces a signing it says the player is signing for the club you have purchased him from.

 

For Example :

 

Transfer - Man Utd signing pogba from juventus

 

The Man utd account would say Paul Pogba agrees a deal to sign for Juventus

 

Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 09.58.43.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm one of those that love to just do LLM, have to say I'm a bit disappointed with the Stadiums and scenery again, If I go as a team in Vanarama North/South (who in real life average about 800 gate receipts) and see that they have 4 stands full of people (easily 1000+) it just looks strange, especially when it shows them in a fully built up stadium, then when you see the post game and it says there was an attendance of 400 etc. As well as that, what's with the animation of the fans? Jumping up and down celebrating constantly! Obviously all minor stuff, but something that I'd like to see eventually addressed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ShotGunJay said:

I'm one of those that love to just do LLM, have to say I'm a bit disappointed with the Stadiums and scenery again, If I go as a team in Vanarama North/South (who in real life average about 800 gate receipts) and see that they have 4 stands full of people (easily 1000+) it just looks strange, especially when it shows them in a fully built up stadium, then when you see the post game and it says there was an attendance of 400 etc. As well as that, what's with the animation of the fans? Jumping up and down celebrating constantly! Obviously all minor stuff, but something that I'd like to see eventually addressed.

Could you please create a thread in the match engine issues forum please :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ant Farley said:

This is a known-issue and is under review, thanks

Following up on the one where UI can't display full sentences or phrases, especially during negotiation of contracts. Can't see how many months the monthly instalment is based nor how many league games player will play before pay rise as UI was cut off. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sherdil said:

I'm not sure if I saw it right...

Under 2D classic, you can now actually see when the Ref plays Advantage (seen by a yellow arrow on the referee icon)!

Did we have this last year or is this new?

If so... Wow!

That was in FM16 :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone help with this?

I have searched all over the site (and asked the question twice) but I have yet to discover if the Create A Club mode is active in the beta version of the game. It's an option at the start but is has it been implemented?

I went through the set up process but could not progress from choosing the new club's profile to adding players - the 'continue to' button at the bottom right of the screen could not be selected.

I followed exactly the same procedures as in FM16.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...