Football Manager 2017 Pre-Release Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, desmoresr said:

Why is Antoine Griezmann default position on the left, when he plays through the middle for Atlético Madrid and the France?

His secondary position should be on the right

If you feel like it is wrong, please post this in the relevant data issues forum:

https://community.sigames.com/forum/324-database-and-research-issues/

15 minutes ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

This was in FM16

Was it? Only last night (on FM16) i was looking at a player i wanted and saw he was wanted. I definitely had to click into his profile to see what teams were interested, i'm sure i couldn't hover over it and see them, but i might be wrong.

Will definitely double check tonight though :thup:

5 minutes ago, desmoresr said:

Why is Antoine Griezmann default position on the left, when he plays through the middle for Atlético Madrid and the France?

He started on the left and played mostly on the left side for Real Sociedad with Vela on the right side, no mistake here imo.

I'm also very happy that SI have picked up a couple of my very specific suggestions/requests, namely the 'nation knowledge' filter for staff search and the very complicated transfer rules for extra-EU in Serie A. Thanks a lot guys, much appreciated.

3 minutes ago, martplfc1 said:

OP = Over powered I believe.

Another cut back resulting in a goal. Looking good so far the ME.

OK great news. Its nice to have 'extra' options like creating your own face and pre-contracts and all, but for me, a die hard, long-save-FM-nerd, its important the ME doesn't have any 'glitches' and 'feels' real. Decisions from player-x with and without the ball, decisions from the team when having the ball or retaining it. Positioning of the players in corners, etc. Really hope this ME suits. 

4 minutes ago, PleasedToMichu said:

Was it? Only last night (on FM16) i was looking at a player i wanted and saw he was wanted. I definitely had to click into his profile to see what teams were interested, i'm sure i couldn't hover over it and see them, but i might be wrong.

Will definitely double check tonight though :thup:

I'm pretty sure FM16 just said Wanted on the pop-up not which teams.

It is something that has been expanding though over the last few years, if you hover over your wins for example in the league table the scores & teams pop up (Was in FM16 as well btw).

10 minutes ago, desmoresr said:

Its all about his ability to adapt, right. Sure if his sec pos is 'right', what is the formation? 1-4-4-2, 1-4-4-3 of maybe even a 1-5-3-2. His vision, off the ball strengths, and adaptability should give you the insight to put him where you want, it should not be hard coded. Look at for example Pirlo. And Cristiano Ronaldo, and Messi, en Mascherano. All started in different positions in comparison to where they are now.

Anyone else having issues with too many long shots?

My b2b midfielder with no specific instructions except for shoot less often just had 12 shots in a game.
I also have work ball into box in my tactic.

B2b usually has at least 5 shots every game even with these instructions.

What always annoys me about FM is that when you start a new game, your players are incredibly out of shape, seemingly resulting in many preseason injuries.

However, come preseason in your second and subsequent seasons, they never drop below 75-80% match sharpness, fitter players in the mid-80%s.

The same for tactical familiarity. Season 1 = I've never played football in my life, subsequent seasons = I am familiar with pretty much any formation.

Why is season 1 so much more difficult in terms of fitness and tactical familiarity?

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

My b2b midfielder with no specific instructions except for shoot less often just had 12 shots in a game.

Probably out of options elsewhere, I.e 'it's your tactics'.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Do they have a shoots from distance PPM per chance?

Took all night to download, got to 90% and then my comp went off to do an update on Windows gutted wasn't the word!! Finally finished at 2:30am!! Can honeslty say it's one of the best if not the best one yet!! I remember the very first footie manager which is probably the best because of what it was but this is excellent!! Got a new comp coming tomorrow as wasn't expecting it so soon so downloaded on my soon to be old laptop, and it still runs perfectly and the new features are great. Still the same as fm16 nothing major changes as in general look and stuff, but what changes have been made do make for a better experience all round. So can't wait for my new comp tomoz to get the full extent of the match engine and bigger screen and stuff. My Fave so far is the match engine I think, much sleeker, the players seem to move fluently, new commentary, keepers movements are stunning and background detail once again stunning. So overall from first view and three to four hours play it's a thumbs up from me!! Well done guys you've done it again!!

7 hours ago, RTHerringbone said:

So all the wide players are crossers? And all are set to shoot less often and therefore are asked to effectively cross / pass from wide areas of the pitch? I'm not surprised you score lots from crosses.

Technically that's what a winger and wing back should do. Also I have instruction set to exploit middle, yet they continue to go to wings instead. Shouldn't work to click exploit middle when the middle of the pitch isn't compact in my tactic, but does.
I would have selected a Inside Forward or something had I wanted them to shoot more. Just because I have wingers doesn't mean that they should be pin point accurate and a source of goals constantly. Wingers also seem to score more than any other players for me, 5 games in a row Antonio has scored and Redmond is running riot also.

Also they are set to shoot less often (other than the right mid) because they all have v.low finishing attributes, would be daft to have them shoot more often etc. They don't even have great crossing attributes, 12 or so.

Edited by Mervmeister

25 minutes ago, Kuldaniss said:

He started on the left and played mostly on the left side for Real Sociedad with Vela on the right side, no mistake here imo.

Uhm, the last time he played in that position was 2013/2014 season which is 3 years ago how can that not be a mistake?

9 minutes ago, martplfc1 said:

Probably out of options elsewhere, I.e 'it's your tactics'.

He takes the ball forward in most situations and just shoots from 16-20m out because opposition DM doesn't press him at all. Never tries to try and make a pass into space towards wingers or the striker.
Honestly, doesn't look as bad as the numbers, but it's kinda ridiculous to take 12 shots and try 2 passes towards the striker.

8 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Do they have a shoots from distance PPM per chance?

Nah.

1 minute ago, GunmaN1905 said:

He takes the ball forward in most situations and just shoots from 16-20m out because opposition DM doesn't press him at all. Never tries to try and make a pass into space towards wingers or the striker.
Honestly, doesn't look as bad as the numbers, but it's kinda ridiculous to take 12 shots and try 2 passes towards the striker.

Nah.

Doesn't Pogba does the same atm at Utd? Players have to adapt to your tactics/philosophy. 

2 minutes ago, desmoresr said:

Uhm, the last time he played in that position was 2013/2014 season which is 3 years ago how can that not be a mistake?

But left mid is still his natural position(original). I expect that he has green on right mid and attacking midfielder as well? If not, then it is a mistake. 

19 minutes ago, Mervmeister said:

Technically that's what a winger and wing back should do. Also I have instruction set to exploit middle, yet they continue to go to wings instead. Shouldn't work to click exploit middle when the middle of the pitch isn't compact in my tactic, but does.
I would have selected a Inside Forward or something had I wanted them to shoot more. Just because I have wingers doesn't mean that they should be pin point accurate and a source of goals constantly. Wingers also seem to score more than any other players for me, 5 games in a row Antonio has scored and Redmond is running riot also.

Also they are set to shoot less often (other than the right mid) because they all have v.low finishing attributes, would be daft to have them shoot more often etc. They don't even have great crossing attributes, 12 or so.

You raised this as you mentioned you were seeing lots of goals being scored from crosses, and hadn't conceded any.

Your tactic is set up to make lots of crosses - you are using 2 wingers and 2 wingbacks.  It doesn't matter if you've set the instruction to exploit the middle as you only have two players there in your 4411 formation, and so your team will start to naturally play the ball out wide anyway because that's where the space is.  So you are playing the ball out to the wings where you have 2 players who are going to run with the ball down the touchline and send in cross after cross.  Eventually one of those many crosses (regardless of the player's crossing attribute) will connect and you'll score.

Your wingers probably score a few as well because the opposite winger to where the ball is will be entering the box to support the attack, thus they'll get on the end of a good deep cross and/or interplay with the forwards.

If you are using a particularly aggressive mentality, that will just exaggerate the whole thing.  You're scoring lots of goals from crosses because that's what your tactic is set up to do.

• SI Staff
38 minutes ago, Boss said:

I may have missed this, but do we have to shortlist a player AND follow him to get news on him?

What's the real difference between shortlisting and then following someone?

Shortlisting will mean that pertinent news (bids made etc) will be forwarded to your inbox as it is of direct consequence to you and your club.  Following just means you want to receive news and social content about him (not forwarded to the inbox) for the purposes of gameworld immersion.

1 hour ago, KUBI said:

Why don't you download a new facepack?

Tried . 176734 faces  ... Didn't work either. And i know i don't do anything wrong. Everything is where it belongs . png files , xml file etc . But the Faces wont show up in the game

1.png

and here in game , as you can see, emblem and kits are fine .. 

2.png

They all working on my computer and on various others, so it must be something on your machine. 

Try again: Preferences, empty cache, re-loading skin.

You should also try deleting the game cache.

15 hours ago, Mervmeister said:

Wingers are set to attack as part of a flat 4. All default instructions. Left winger Inhave set to shoot less often however.

wing backs (support) are all default, shoot less often and run wide with ball.

its a 4141 not 4411 sorry.

deep lying play maker on support as DMC and both mc's are box to box to stop the striker being too isolated and also aid defence. 

Exactly same tactic I spent all last year making on FM16, tweaking it all year.

netgame I had going last week (photos on twitter) season 1 with Derby we won championship, promoted to prem obv.

1st season in Prem with 7 of the 11 starters being original Derby players we finish 2nd some how.

3rd season we won prem and champs league at first time of asking. 

Crazy good tactic for FM16 I built.

22 prem clean sheets season 1 in prem and top scorers. 

can you upload your tactic? thanks!!

4 minutes ago, KUBI said:

They all working on my computer and on various others, so it must be something on your machine. 

Try again: Preferences, empty cache, re-loading skin.

You should also try deleting the game cache.

Game cache ? You mean the cache folder in "AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017"  ?  I did . 

1 minute ago, haffaz77 said:

Game cache ? You mean the cache folder in "AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2017"  ?  I did . 

Did you also try to change the skin? Do you play with the default one? Try one of the other two.

2 minutes ago, haffaz77 said:

I tried the Light one and the Dark one . Same result . :(

Ok, another try. Move the graphics folder on the desktop. Then empty cache/reload the skin again. Now move the graphic folder back and empty cache/ reload skin again.

11 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Ok, another try. Move the graphics folder on the desktop. Then empty cache/reload the skin again. Now move the graphic folder back and empty cache/ reload skin again.

That was it . :applause::hammer:

Much appreciated, thanks for your help

Edited by haffaz77

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

When I click 'continue' I'm sent to my 'social feed' page. How do I make it automatically go to my inbox?

You'll be directed to the social feed page on some continues, around the world on others and the inbox on other continues. 

1 minute ago, Neil Brock said:

You'll be directed to the social feed page on some continues, around the world on others and the inbox on other continues. 

That's kinda bizarre. When the full game is out I'll be a (very) lower league manager, so the rest of the world will be irrelevant to me, and I don't find the social feed news tells me anything useful. Can't I just get my inbox news?

13 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

That's kinda bizarre. When the full game is out I'll be a (very) lower league manager, so the rest of the world will be irrelevant to me, and I don't find the social feed news tells me anything useful. Can't I just get my inbox news?

16 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

A level of customisation for where you land on continues would be good if possible. 

Edited by Wavelberry

I tried the game last night. I managed to play a couple friendly matches to get a feel for the ME. I liked what I saw. I set up a possession tactic with Barca very similar to what I used in FM16 and it actually works and looks better on this edition. The ME seems more polished so far, so good job SI. I'm still a little disappointed that there are no little tactical improvements on the surface. But I hope some things have improved under the hood. 

I'm looking forward to playing some more and hopefully enjoying it. I'm addicted and have played every edition since the CM days in the early-mid 90s.:D

Haven't played a game yet, I just took about 2 hours just to set up my graphics and set up my new save. Love the "scout until full knowledge" option. Will save lots of clicking I imagine. I also love the change from subscriptions. Very nice not to have to turn off a million subscriptions you don't want, even if it was only a one time thing.

I goofed on the data analyst staff. I figured it would be similar to a scout, except focusing on the data analysis of prospective players so I was looking for high JA/JP when I should've just worried about fitness. Why are they in the scouting staff then and not the coaching staff?

The new skin looks great, might not even need to try out different skins this year. It looks very clean without being quite so dull as years past.

Something to note: I've played 6 competitive matches so far with the worst playable club in Scotland (Edinburgh City), all either winning or losing 1-0. The quality is suitably dire, but I like the player ratings. In almost no matches has anyone got above a 7.0. More often than not the PotM gets 6.8 or 6.9 - not worth praising him. I don't notice any position getting unfairly low ratings either although what is guaranteed is a BWM getting a yellow card every time.

5 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

puff, it's sports scientists who need fitness. DA don't need anything - just get the very cheapest you can find!

Right you are, I mixed up sports scientists and DA's. I'm surprised they didn't add in an attribute for DA's like "Analysis" or something. So DA's truly don't have any key attributes? Interesting. So they're basically just to add flavor?

4 minutes ago, puffascruffowitz said:

Right you are, I mixed up sports scientists and DA's. I'm surprised they didn't add in an attribute for DA's like "Analysis" or something. So DA's truly don't have any key attributes? Interesting. So they're basically just to add flavor?

I see it like sending a scout off to report on the next opposition - whether their JPA/JPP is 20/20 or 1/1, you get the same report.

Just now, timmy said:

Browsed quickly through the comments and so far I have hardly seen any negative comments of FM 17 which is so unlike previous releases. Looking good, good job SI.  

Basically, other than the 64 bit speed, I'm not seeing any drastic differences to FM16, just a more polished product that is almost bug-free. The only controversial aspect is Miles' last-minute obsession with imposing a Brexit agenda on us.