Another 'FM17 New Save' thread

Just wanted to get some input/opinions from anyone has has a minute to respond.  

I am trying to decide on my usual 1 long term save for FM17.  I want a save outside of the top 3/4 leagues(England, Spain, Germany, possibly Italy unless i see an option I like), with a mid/low tier team, in a big city.  I like using mostly domestic players (so hopefully a league in a country with a decent youth rating), and developing youth, and maximizing profit.  I hope to pick a league that will stay competitive 10+ years in.  I know that this will require me to help build up the league.

Here is what I have come up with so far (in no particular order):  
Belguim - Royal Antwerp  
Holland - Sparta Rotterdam, Den Haag  
Portugal - Belenenses, Boavista  
France - Paris FC, Red Star  
Austria - First Vienna, Rapid Wien  
Croatia - NK Zagreb, maybe Hajduk Split, HNK Rijeka  
Denmark - Akademisk Boldklub Gladsaxe, Fremad Amager  
Sweden - Hammarby  
Norway - Stabaek, Valerenga

Also am considering Colombia, Chile, and Uruguay

Thoughts, suggestions, comments?

13 hours ago, djennings1301 said:

I am trying to decide on my usual 1 long term save for FM17.  I want a save outside of the top 3/4 leagues(England, Spain, Germany, possibly Italy unless i see an option I like), with a mid/low tier team, in a big city.  I like using mostly domestic players (so hopefully a league in a country with a decent youth rating), and developing youth, and maximizing profit.  I hope to pick a league that will stay competitive 10+ years in.  I know that this will require me to help build up the league.

Belguim - Royal Antwerp  
Sweden - Hammarby  

Nice, exciting and very challenging choices you provide to us. 

You can also consider:

Turkey, Galatasaray. Can you deal with 1 year EU ban, and 1 conditioned ban with huge amount of debts with every position needing reinforcements.

Parma ? You know the story :)

Everton ?

PS: This list might help to remember and activate passion on our decision :) 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_top-division_football_clubs_in_UEFA_countries

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_association_football_clubs

I dont know how open to using xmls you are but one save I would recommend that i have always wanted to do (but never got round to) is a save with Lillehammer from Norway.

The idea behind it was that Lillehammer is a really popular ski resort in Norway, so in my mind it seemed like a fun idea to build their football team up to match the resorts popularity.

You might not want lower leagues but searching the editor I found a couple of European sides with strong youth set ups that could make for interesting saves on FM17.

Septemvri Sofia will be in the Bulgarian second tier on FM17 and Wikipedia even mentions that they're known for their academy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PFC_Septemvri_Sofia

Real are in the Portuguese third tier:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/S.C._Vila_Real

17 hours ago, djennings1301 said:

Belguim - Royal Antwerp  
Sweden - Hammarby  

I like to start with Vaduz fc in Switzerland but is extreme i think..Paris fc in  France could be nice..You could also try Aris fc in Greek second division huge club historical with big Fanbase..Have fun whatever you choose...

Archived