Romanian Regens: Should I let them roam in England?

RCtheOnly

I've found two interesting prospects in Romania and as I'm still fairly new at this game my eye for talent isn't really good enough to make me feel confident. Through some random, I mean organized searching I've managed to find a defender (L/LC) and a striker who I'm interested in but I'd love to hear some opinions on the two of them and know if you've also found some quite good regens in Romania?  When looking at the scout reports and the players stats keep in mind I'm playing Cambridge United and I'm newly promoted (and favorite for relegation).

And here's the defender. I probably won't able to sign him until the next transfer window considering the club wants around 4 million.

Edit: If anyone could be an angel and tell me how to insert pictures in my post without making them attachments I'd be very grateful.

20160913230002_1.jpg

20160913230005_1.jpg

Here's the defender. I probably won't able to sign him until the next transfer window considering the club wants around 4 million.

20160913225855_1.jpg

20160913225902_1.jpg

And here we have the striker. I´ve already made a bid and will be able to sign him for around 2 million pounds.

Newly promoted to what level? The defender looks like a superb prospect as a centre-back, I'd say he could cut in the Prem now and has the potential to be world-class.  The striker perhaps isn't as developed at the moment (understandably as he's two years younger) but equally those are superb stats for a 17 year old. They're a couple of gems. 

17 hours ago, sue_donym said:

Newly promoted to what level? The defender looks like a superb prospect as a centre-back, I'd say he could cut in the Prem now and has the potential to be world-class.  The striker perhaps isn't as developed at the moment (understandably as he's two years younger) but equally those are superb stats for a 17 year old. They're a couple of gems. 

I've been newly promoted to Premier League through playoffs, can't believe I forgot writing that.

I managed to sign the striker for a reasonable sum (around 1,2-2 million pounds I think, can't remember it without looking it up later), the defender although being the most useful right now cost too much for me to be able to sign him. Sadly I already bought in two central defender this window so I'm not in desperate need of one but will try signing this one in the next window.

By the way, is it weird that these newgens are this good without the league being enabled?

They both look good, for those prices I'd sign both. The defender should be able to nail down a starting place (at cb, not good enough technically for lb and I don't think he'll ever be) especially as you've just been promoted. I'm not sure if I've seen great Romanian regens in FM16, but in 15 I had a Romanian right back who was world class, a ridiculous player. Acceleration 20, pace 19, crossing 19 and whatnot. Not a great defender, but going forward one of the best full backs, if not the best, I've ever seen in FM.

I'm not sure how much the quality of regens is connected to the league being enabled. Every country has a youth rating in the database which determines the average quality of the regens they produce. I've always seen plenty of good Argentinian regens even though I've never had the Argentinian league active.

4 hours ago, kozmik said:

They both look good, for those prices I'd sign both. The defender should be able to nail down a starting place (at cb, not good enough technically for lb and I don't think he'll ever be) especially as you've just been promoted. I'm not sure if I've seen great Romanian regens in FM16, but in 15 I had a Romanian right back who was world class, a ridiculous player. Acceleration 20, pace 19, crossing 19 and whatnot. Not a great defender, but going forward one of the best full backs, if not the best, I've ever seen in FM.

I'm not sure how much the quality of regens is connected to the league being enabled. Every country has a youth rating in the database which determines the average quality of the regens they produce. I've always seen plenty of good Argentinian regens even though I've never had the Argentinian league active.

It's a shame I could only afford the striker at the moment but at the age of 17 he's got plenty of time to catch up with the defender in terms of skill. Might sign the defender the next window.

Concercing my question about if having the leagues enables produces better regens my thought is that even do they might not start out better or worse but with more games, surely they'd have a bigger chance of developing better? 

Archived