Possible new introduction to the tactical side of the game

OLLMEISTER1

After finding/reading about many people struggling with the tactical side of the game this year for one reason or another, it got me thinking and an idea I have came up with which may or may not be feasible in the game is the following:

Set tactics included as options for various manager styles, for example Mourinho tactic, Klopp tactic, Guardiola tactic, Bielsa tactic etc

This would give players who are not clued up on the tactical side of the game to choose a preferred style of play with roles, TI's and PI's included as a tactic template already incorporated, thus reducing the guessing and disappointment of many players who fall out of love with the game simply as they cannot understand the tactical approach and designing of tactics.

Surely would not be hard to implement and would give players an option to play a certain style of football without the disappointment of massively getting the approach wrong time and time again.

Just a thought I have had for a while now, would be interesting to see how others think this would go down in game.

I think it's a good idea, but... not all teams would have the players to play, let's say Guardiola's tactics. And emphasis on tactics.  The manager has more than one, and also, new players to the game would not know how to fit and buy new players for the tactic because they wouldn't know which attributes were needed. Yeah, so - good idea, but would basically take out the fun of creating your own.

40 minutes ago, -Ironhide- said:

I think it's a good idea, but... not all teams would have the players to play, let's say Guardiola's tactics. And emphasis on tactics.  The manager has more than one, and also, new players to the game would not know how to fit and buy new players for the tactic because they wouldn't know which attributes were needed. Yeah, so - good idea, but would basically take out the fun of creating your own.

Having the basic template, would be a great start to work around and then allow players to sign players who will fit these roles. I generally find players overcomplicate the tactical side when designing tactics. Generally players know what players fit roles etc

I understand the point you are making, this was simply an option to cater for those people who tend to struggle with the tactical side of the game and simply keeps people from getting demoralised from constantly getting tactical approaches wrong. It wouldn't be for everybody and nor would I want that to be the case. Just think it would help a select section of players who struggle.

• 3 months later...

Archived