More leagues overall or more nations?

I´ve been wondering about if adding more nations with a smaller amount of leagues (by not enabling every possible in the nation) is more beneficial as it probably would add better players compared to if I added more 2nd and 3rd tier leagues.

I like that the leagues can be more "dynamic" if not only a clubs rep determines whether or not they get promoted and seeing some unlikely rise and following some lower leagues also interests me. I´m just wondering what some of you think and would be happy if you could share your views on this. 

Difficult one really. I think you should have every league loaded in the Nation you plan to manage in no matter what. However, I see what you mean about better quality players and I think that's why I'd have top leagues and more nations rather than more leagues and less nations.

55 minutes ago, mikenevo said:

Difficult one really. I think you should have every league loaded in the Nation you plan to manage in no matter what. However, I see what you mean about better quality players and I think that's why I'd have top leagues and more nations rather than more leagues and less nations.

Yeah having every league in the nation I choose to start in is definetely a must. Kinda wish I would've selected more nations with only top leagues in at least one of my saves now... :(

53 minutes ago, Ross Ingersoll said:

i go with more nations, so CL and Europa stay challenging

CL and Europa didn't cross my mind actually since I'm usually playing in 2nd or 3rd tier leagues in a nation and because I'm also sort of a FM newcomer I have yet to really delve into non-domestic competitions.

Thank you both for the input!

11 hours ago, RCtheOnly said:

Yeah having every league in the nation I choose to start in is definetely a must. Kinda wish I would've selected more nations with only top leagues in at least one of my saves now... :(

You can add more leagues in a save at any time, just click FM at top right of screen and then select add/remove leagues

5b7c2875a6334f15a5d06e4e1bd344a0.png

7 hours ago, Ross Ingersoll said:

You can add more leagues in a save at any time, just click FM at top right of screen and then select add/remove leagues

Thanks, I already knew that but appreciate you writing it. I probably should've clarified that I felt I could've missed out on good players when they were younger or cheaper for example. My bad but thanks nonetheless! :)

16 hours ago, Barside said:

I would always suggest more active nations than more leagues from fewer nations.

I'm on the same page now but I assume that  it could have an effect on unemployed saves as I won't be able to activate the same amount of lower leagues which might end up with me knowing more easily where I'll get job offers. I'll try starting a new save today and see how it feels.

Loaded up 55 leagues from 37 nations. Took every "vanilla" league in Europe plus the 1st tier South African, Brazilian and Columbian leagues. Speed should be worse than usual but I hope in the end it'll be worth it.

Edit:

Would appreciate if someone could share how I insert pictures into a post without thumbnailing. I have photobucket but couldn't make it work...

Edit 2:

Figured if I should add leagues/nations I should go for the gusto so I'm contemplating activating all vanilla leagues, I'm at around 170,000 players and well over the recommended 125,000 player limit, should I keep going or leave it? Slow speed doesn't really deter me but frequent crashes and corrupted saves would but I'm not sure what the effects will be. 

20160822143132_1.jpg

4 hours ago, RCtheOnly said:

I'm on the same page now but I assume that  it could have an effect on unemployed saves as I won't be able to activate the same amount of lower leagues which might end up with me knowing more easily where I'll get job offers. I'll try starting a new save today and see how it feels.

If you're going with a low starting rep having a few neighbouring nations go down farther in their divisional structure will help, the usual go to options ate England, Scotland & N.Ireland to the lowest playable divisions or Sweden, Norway & Denmark with another option being Spain, Portugal & France.

It's all about what kind of career you're playing.

If you start with low reputation and are set for a long rise to the top, having as many lower tiers as possible is a better short-term choice, because you get more chances to get hired, even as a complete unknown.
Also a full league pyramid is useful to find new cheap signings for your team.

On the other hand, loading many Top Divisions (depending on your PC specs and on how much you're willing to sacrifice the game's speed) will give you a more balanced gameworld once you're close to the top of the ladder.

Ideally, you'd start with a LLM setup and alter it in favour of the Top Leagues as you go. Not sure about how well the Add/Remove Leagues works in FM16, but despite some bugs I remember reading about, it should do its job.

Archived