Excel and the FM Editor - FM Editing

magicmastermind124

Ah right, ok same thing i was trying with a mail merge using the fields lines in the xml code in word/excel.   I had the principal right just your seems slicker execution if i get the script working right for players.

Let me have a bash.   I saw the video guide in the other thread, i'll have a play.  

Easiest way is to create 1 player in editor and make all changes you want to make with script. Some changes are easier to make in editor so no need to add them in script - for example nationality if all players are from same nation...

After that copy all lines to script and make all needed editing.

Create input file in notepad using variables order from first to last one and start script.

3 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

Easiest way is to create 1 player in editor and make all changes you want to make with script. Some changes are easier to make in editor so no need to add them in script - for example nationality if all players are from same nation...

After that copy all lines to script and make all needed editing.

Create input file in notepad using variables order from first to last one and start script.

will it cause any issues if i'm just creating players to put into an existing xml? 

7 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

No - just make sure there is no "clash" between new added uids and old uids from xml.

Appreciated.  i think i have it, it was working work with the mail merge idea, but crashes if i do more than 15 players at a time.  at least i know i have the template right.

Is the column code fields always %%a  -> %%zz to insert into the xml text? 

1 minute ago, krlenjushka said:

Yeah - those are variables. With this script you can create as many players as you wish. I created 30000 with 1 click :D

Ah ok think i'm getting it.   Just mapping the columns via the schema thingy.     run that and save as coldo.txt (if i follow your text/script above)

5 minutes ago, cel1234 said:

Yes so its just copy and pasting the script and making the relevant changes ? 

Something like that. If you d0nt understand what you want to do - there is no way to get this done.

You need to edit script for your needs (based on changes you want to make) and after that you need to set input file based on variable order in your script. You have my script example on previous page/last post with some explanation and input file first row example.

On 25/10/2020 at 07:40, krlenjushka said:

Yeah - input file can be called as you wish - just set that in script also when you change the name.

if i keep track of the unique IDs i assign, i can overwrite/update the info at anytime correc? 

13 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

What do you mean - if you create 1 player with specific uid - you cant change uid anymore.

Not change the ID, but that ID can be used to change any info under that player.  It wont change again anywhere, thats it set in the database for updates, new clubs/contracts etc.

if i wanna update players as they move irl etc. 

36 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

Just make sure you have all data in needed form. For example players club or city of birth. You must have UID of that city - not name.

Yeah, got that, i' pull the UIDs from another thread and pulled a list of cities from FMRTE.   I think the only thing i didnt have formulas for was carreer plans and relationships, but I can manully do those over the year when i'm bored.  Not too bothered if the game creates those during the save etc

not sure its a complete list of cities though, you have one? with or without regions? 

Almost every data can be extracted from editor. Not sure about FMRTE city list - i dont use that.

One more thing - you can set formula in excel so when you set city for some player - excel can fill city UID cell using VLOOKUP formula - every time you fill city cell with specific city - excel will find UID from another sheet and fill UID cell.

You can use this for almost everything.

4 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

Almost every data can be extracted from editor. Not sure about FMRTE city list - i dont use that.

One more thing - you can set formula in excel so when you set city for some player - excel can fill city UID cell using VLOOKUP formula - every time you fill city cell with specific city - excel will find UID from another sheet and fill UID cell.

You can use this for almost everything.

Ah ok, i thought i'd have to make a change to something for it to be exportable into an xml. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya, wanted to ask what you do about adding players with a common name or 2nd nationalities? Since not every player has them, some players will have empty fields for those. I've tried doing it with blank columns but it just moves the other entries back into other columns, for example I had the player's nationality ID going into the common name section, because the player had no common name set. Cheers.

Edited by g00dman

15 hours ago, g00dman said:

Hiya, wanted to ask what you do about adding players with a common name or 2nd nationalities? Since not every player has them, some players will have empty fields for those. I've tried doing it with blank columns but it just moves the other entries back into other columns, for example I had the player's nationality ID going into the common name section, because the player had no common name set. Cheers.

You can add that as separate script job. In excel - sort all players with 2nd nationality and make new in.txt file just for that.

This should be done like this with every similar case when you dont have some data for all players, clubs...

All complete data can be done with 1 script. Data with empty fields should be created as separate script/xml - its easy to join that later.

56 minutes ago, g00dman said:

You're right, didn't think of that - thanks!

Would it work if I put "0" in the second nationality columns also, or would that break something?

You shoudnt add any data to players without second nationality.  Or any other empty data.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, I'm basically scouting for high potential players using the FM Editor (pre-game). So effectively young players with PA >150 or =-10 or =-95 or =-9 or =-85. The result is 100's of players.

Is there any way I can extract this list into Excel?

And then is there any way I can upload this list of players onto my FM save as shortlisted players?

• 1 year later...
Il 24/10/2020 in 21:47 , krlenjushka ha scritto:

Yeah - those are variables. With this script you can create as many players as you wish. I created 30000 with 1 click :D

Please, since I am not an expert, could you write a script as an example to add players? The ones published in this thread are suitable for adding fixtures or club functions

I think it's already WIP by him, but he lacks some motivation to finish the script - which is ok. But still hope that the script will be finished by him one day, would be absolutely great, creating new players (especially if it's a lot) in FM editor is a huge pain...

On 26/03/2022 at 11:48, cimmi said:

Please, since I am not an expert, could you write a script as an example to add players? The ones published in this thread are suitable for adding fixtures or club functions

1 hour ago, Kruj said:

I think it's already WIP by him, but he lacks some motivation to finish the script - which is ok. But still hope that the script will be finished by him one day, would be absolutely great, creating new players (especially if it's a lot) in FM editor is a huge pain...

I can create some basic thing for you guys with static options. dont have time and motivation to add it to generator. 

22 ore fa, Kruj ha scritto:

Would be great if possible! For me personally, names, birthdates, CA, PA, nationality and positions would be enough in the script.

It's like that for me, too. Thanks

• 7 months later...

For my ELO-update I have manually added 1600+ new reputations to clubs. Their ELO-rating is calculated every week by the site that I used and I translated those values (0-2200 range) to a new number (0-10.000 range). Could I make somekind of Excel table, or script that reads the values from the website, translates those values to my ELO-to-reputations-ratio and then make an editor file of that? If so, I can stop spending dozens of hours in the editor, and just release a version once a month.