FM Online - Off Topic Thread

Marlow

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by dudester:

Was the German beer off or something Goldy? icon_biggrin.gif

I'm shocked my message in the early hours even close to making sense for how drunk I was at the time. icon_eek.gif

No idea if the german beer was off, I dont drink! icon_smile.gif

Me and Goldy started a 1v1 game last night in the Blue Square South division, he went with Dorchester and I went with Bath.

He then proceeded to loan around 20-25 players all of which where Championship/League 1 level and put all his real players in the reserves, so his whole first team is loan players.

I thought I would do the same...obviously I was wrong, I got 4 loans which werent much better than my original players except for Oliver Lancashire from Southampton.

Pre-season was so so, scoring quite a few goals but conceeding more. Unfortunately for me my first match was against Goldy and his Championship quality side, I got completely ripped apart, could have been around 15-0, he had to settle just for the 8. He proceeded to win his frst 10 games scoring around 40 goals and conceeding 1.

I have turned things around a bit more though, moving up to 2nd since that defeat, staying undefeated in the last 9. So hopefully I can stay in playoffs and go up that way.

hehe. What shocked me the most is the amount of players who agreed to come on loan, I was thinking I could, if I was lucky, get about 5 or 6 loans in to help me through the season.

Well, I was wrong and all heard after almost every loan signing was "bastard" being shouted down Dee´s Microphone! icon_biggrin.gif

Although our game vs Dee was our highest scoring game so far, we have been going along nicely and as said, so far played 10 games and won 10 games.

My former first team have been, bar about 5 players, all loaned out to Winchester my feeder club, so they can get some playing time and hopefully if we get promoted, rejoin us and I can get some of them loans back too!

Played a bit more last night, think we are on around 17 games in. Goldy is surprisingly top with his Premiership superstars icon_razz.gif. I am hanging onto 2nd place, think 2 or 4 points clear of 3rd.

Got put out of FA Cup in Qualifying rounds thanks to my left back getting sent off 3mins into the game. Also out of Setenta Shield due to my inability to finish a ball. At least can concentrate on league and players dont get knackered playing in Cup Competitions. One good sign is crowds steadily increasing. Started on around 700 and up to nearl 1300 which is always good and getting profit each month all be it very small. Looking good so far \o/.

Originally posted by Goldy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stabwest:

did you sign Dennis Oli icon_biggrin.gif

lol no, ive had more than enough loans in icon_biggrin.gif

Got like 23 loans in, my first team consists only of loans icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what you gonna do next season when they leave? icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by McNeil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Goldy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stabwest:

did you sign Dennis Oli icon_biggrin.gif

lol no, ive had more than enough loans in icon_biggrin.gif

Got like 23 loans in, my first team consists only of loans icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what you gonna do next season when they leave? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cry! Pray! Then try and sign some proper players! icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Dunga99:

Has any other clan noticed an online bug where when you play on key highlights and sometimes in an odd match it will switch to full match highlights?

Just wondering weather its us or to report it on the bugs forums.

Cheers

Yeah we've had the same thing in our games.

worst thing is the person it happens to doesn't even click icon_mad.gif

you have 8 to 10 people sitting there twiddling there thumbs, then someone =screams whos still playing, you suss it out and join into there game see there on 15mins in 1st h/t, and then it takes them about 15mins irl to suss out that everyone its nudging them and calling them every name under the sun.

Oi Saske are you from Finland???

you've been hoovering about this forum now for the last week or so, what are you looking for????

trust me lads (hope everyone else can see him or have seen him?) he's there

• 3 weeks later...

The game going to be a bit slower for the non host.

There are a few things you both can do

Switch off all graphics for starts; make sure none of you have any thing downloading in the background.

Depending on leagues, if you’re running with a few nations then that is also a problem, best to stick to a max of 2 nations.

Make sure you both have switched off the move TV matches(best done before you even start a game)

The PC's and broadband speeds also have a affect on the over all game speed.

Low spec PCs and slower speed b/b won't help your cause (by low speed b/b I mean anything under 2mb)

last and not least remember if there more than one person playing, the game has to deal with all the transfer bids from all other players media quotes etc etc this in turn means that a day will be broken down into more hours i.e. it will stop more.

Originally posted by Robert_296:

I meant like Ricks clan (i think) and there was some others.

Ric's Clan went offline for a bit, however has been revived and is alive and well, currently running two games, one in Spain and one in Scottish lower.

Originally posted by Old Git:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robert_296:

I meant like Ricks clan (i think) and there was some others.

Ric's Clan went offline for a bit, however has been revived and is alive and well, currently running two games, one in Spain and one in Scottish lower. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is there no thread?

Archived