Football Manager 2017 Release Date and Pre Purchase Details Announced

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just brought it on steam after the drama i had last year with those idiots at funstock digital  i am happy to pay the price of a couple of beers extra to have no issues and have it sitting in my libary now awaiting download.

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

The game currently isn't available to pre-order in Brazil I'm afraid. 

I've got all the four previous FM on steam and also tried to pre-order the new one, it says the same, it isn't available in Brazil for now, do you have any idea when are we are going to be able to purchase it? I mean, i'm going to pre-order it with or without the discount anyways, just wanted to buy it as soon as possible.

Here's what I'm going to do - wait until oh, say, October 13th, see what features will hopefully be announced, buy it with my 20% off discount, play the beta, not get upset about any bugs, and eventually log around 2,000 hours of playtime. Oh, and of course I'll log into the forum periodically to moan and complain, can't change that. 

Just now, dREIS said:

It's learned behaviour.... so many years now it's just as automatic as washing your teeth on a morning and doing your shoelaces.

oops, thanks for reminding me, forgot to brush my teeth. 

I really like this loyalty discount - it's a great way to reward your most loyal customers.

I'm set for a 15% discount (FM14 was the only one of the previous four games I skipped), and that's fine with me. I am seriously, seriously tempted to pre-order this year's FM for the first time ever... but I'll hold my fire until any major new features are announced.

7 minutes ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

20% discount makes the Steam version an absolute no brainer this year.

Sneaky trying to make it look like the mode that's been part of the game since it's inception is now a free pre order                                    going by another post fm touch has appeared separate in the library so may be separate from the main game now  

29 minutes ago, Spedding said:
40 minutes ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

Sneaky trying to make it look like the mode that's been part of the game since it's inception is now a free pre order      

going by another post fm touch has appeared separate in the library so may be separate from the main game now                               

I mean that's fair enough , it still feels odd they decided to advertise it as a pre order bonus when it's been part of the game since whenever FMC came in (or whatever it was originally called)

Edit : Didn't know it was apparently a seperate game last year as well.

So will all copies of the full price FM17 get FMT no matter when it's purchased , or only at launch ?

And whether you pre-purchase or pre-order Football Manager 2017 from a participating digital retailer, or a participating boxed retailer, you’ll get Football Manager Touch 2017 (for PC, Mac or Linux) completely free

It's a pity the offer doesn't extend to FMT17 to be honest. For the last few years FMT is the only way I've played FM due to my tight time constraints, and even with the discount FMT will be cheaper than full fat by £8 for me, despite having the full 20% on offer. A half-rate offer (2.5% per title) would've been fantastic...

56 minutes ago, Spedding said:
1 hour ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

Sneaky trying to make it look like the mode that's been part of the game since it's inception is now a free pre order                                    going by another post fm touch has appeared separate in the library so may be separate from the main game now  

As Neil has already said, all copies (pre order or not) get FMT free.

This is year it's simply been made a separate download.

1 minute ago, themadsheep2001 said:

As Neil has already said, all copies (pre order or not) get FMT free.

This is year it's simply been made a separate download.

Nice one , I missed that post on the previous page.

Could have been made a little clearer with the press release wording though :hammer:

3 hours ago, DP said:

I am waiting with much anticipation to see what's changed in the match engine and with regards to player interaction. 

Hoping to god there have been some big improvements here. 

Same. I'll be waiting till the January patch this season though.

The 20% off offer is nice, but I nabbed FM16 on launch for almost 50% off on one of the online stores doing a double discount, and they'll probably do it again, so might as well wait.

2 minutes ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

Nice one , I missed that post on the previous page.

Could have been made a little clearer with the press release wording though :hammer:

Aye it's worded a little badly, on the Steam page too.

Hi, I've got all the fms 05 to 16 boxed versions of the game however until last year I had them all listed on my steam but for some reason last year it wouldn't let me log in to my steam account so I had to create a new one so now I only have fm16 listed and when I've tried to put the old fms on so they would be listed on my new steam it won't let me as it says the old fms are on a previous steam account.

I was wondering how would I be able to get the 20% discount for fm17? Or would I not be eligible unless I can somehow get all previous fms on a steam account?

kind regards

The 20% discount was a nice gesture, but I ain't going to buy it until we see the list of licensed leagues/teams, I'm still hurt by the Brazilian league licensing issue.

Even so, if I buy it how will I know if I'm not going to lose a league which I bought (like Brazil)?.

Please clarify and take my money. :)

1 hour ago, BoxToBox said:

Aye it's worded a little badly, on the Steam page too.

Was me who initially queried it here. I've suggest they modify wording on this thread, have also tweeted Miles and the FM Twitter a/c about this as it does actually say something different. But I'm glad that FMT is part of the package :)

1 hour ago, Chewy2006 said:

Hi, I've got all the fms 05 to 16 boxed versions of the game however until last year I had them all listed on my steam but for some reason last year it wouldn't let me log in to my steam account so I had to create a new one so now I only have fm16 listed and when I've tried to put the old fms on so they would be listed on my new steam it won't let me as it says the old fms are on a previous steam account.

I was wondering how would I be able to get the 20% discount for fm17? Or would I not be eligible unless I can somehow get all previous fms on a steam account?

kind regards

Probably nothing you can do, but you'll still be eligible for 5% off I think. 

its always at this time of year that i have 2 seconds of excitement followed by a few hours of being really ****** off, and for once id like the subject to be answered rather than it normally is with posts deleted or threads fobbed off then locked.

yet again, FM2017 is much much much more expensive in the eurozone. 

according to the blurb, its 34.99 in the uk which according to google is €40.44

and once again non british players are being asked to pay far more, €55 which is 47.60. 36% more than in the uk.

thats an absolute disgrace and a constant insult to those of us not in the uk, who've spent a fortune every year.

even with a 10% discounts as alas although i own about 7 version of the game only 2 are in the offer.

the daft thing is i won't pay it which means SI games will earn less from me. ill do what i always do, either:

1. buy a boxed copy, get it delivered to my dads, just so he can read the serial number to me over the phone then chuck the disc and packaging in the bin

2. buy from a semi legal company selling foreign keys

3. wait til its in a sale

this doesn't happen with other games, so the problem lies with SI and Sega, not with Steam, and its not even the extra 12 quid, its the principle.

24 minutes ago, madeirabhoy said:

its always at this time of year that i have 2 seconds of excitement followed by a few hours of being really ****** off, and for once id like the subject to be answered rather than it normally is with posts deleted or threads fobbed off then locked.

yet again, FM2017 is much much much more expensive in the eurozone. 

according to the blurb, its 34.99 in the uk which according to google is €40.44

and once again non british players are being asked to pay far more, €55 which is 47.60. 36% more than in the uk.

thats an absolute disgrace and a constant insult to those of us not in the uk, who've spent a fortune every year.

even with a 10% discounts as alas although i own about 7 version of the game only 2 are in the offer.

the daft thing is i won't pay it which means SI games will earn less from me. ill do what i always do, either:

1. buy a boxed copy, get it delivered to my dads, just so he can read the serial number to me over the phone then chuck the disc and packaging in the bin

2. buy from a semi legal company selling foreign keys

3. wait til its in a sale

this doesn't happen with other games, so the problem lies with SI and Sega, not with Steam, and its not even the extra 12 quid, its the principle.

Is it "Brexit"? It always bothers me that I have to pay $50 U.S. for a digital download with no manual or anything. 

3 minutes ago, podunkboy said:

Is it "Brexit"? It always bothers me that I have to pay $50 U.S. for a digital download with no manual or anything. 

no its always been this way. in previous years I've posted a separate thread about it but its always had an answer along the lines of 'nothing to do with us, locking this thread, please dont ask again'

i buy a lot from steam and from playstation store, i never see any other issue except for FM, which is annoying as its my favourite game.

7 minutes ago, madeirabhoy said:

no its always been this way. in previous years I've posted a separate thread about it but its always had an answer along the lines of 'nothing to do with us, locking this thread, please dont ask again'

i buy a lot from steam and from playstation store, i never see any other issue except for FM, which is annoying as its my favourite game.

I've always been kind of cheap/stingy about the price, but I've actually come to realize that even at $50 US, I get between 1500-2000 hours of entertainment out of each year's edition. I have a real full-time job, but I log almost the equivalent of another full-time job managing a two-bit team somewhere in the depths of Scottish football. I never logged that many hours on Civilization, Spore, MOO, etc. FM is like the cheapest drug that keeps me functional. 

17 minutes ago, podunkboy said:

I've always been kind of cheap/stingy about the price, but I've actually come to realize that even at $50 US, I get between 1500-2000 hours of entertainment out of each year's edition. I have a real full-time job, but I log almost the equivalent of another full-time job managing a two-bit team somewhere in the depths of Scottish football. I never logged that many hours on Civilization, Spore, MOO, etc. FM is like the cheapest drug that keeps me functional. 

thing is you are pissed off at paying 50 dollars, the euro price works out at 62 dollars !

I'm going to repurchase on Steam, but I'm guessing the FMT17 will be fairly useless to me, UNLESS I can put it on my iPad.   I'm guessing since it'll be on Steam, it's only useable on my Mac?

Thanks for the loyalty discount!

14 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

They will appear as two different games in Steam and will need to be downloaded separately. 

I would suggest to double-check this decision because dominant place in top5 steam most played games is quite good promotion on itself and separating will divide the player count

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Hedonism said:

Guys,

Just to confirm one thing, since I have moved, I am not sure if the game is language-specific (if I buy it in another region through Steam, will I still be able to play it in English)?

Yes you will. 

4 hours ago, howhigh1337 said:

I would suggest to double-check this decision because dominant place in top5 steam most played games is quite good promotion on itself and separating will divide the player count

IIRC they once said most people played full fat FM anyway ,s o I'd imagine most people will buy FM17 rather than FMT17.

Apparently they were a separate last year as well and FM16 was still top 3 or 4 concurrent all year. Peak concurrent players for FMT 16 was 120 yesterday compared to 59'994 for FM16 so It's not really an issue.

50 dollars here in the states before my 15 percent deduction (seem to have missed one year) Still a great offer, i have over 4000 hours logged in it this past year so for my money its a great deal. Ive purchased ps4 games at 60 each and dont play anywhere near as much. 

36 minutes ago, treble_yell_:-) said:

IIRC they once said most people played full fat FM anyway ,s o I'd imagine most people will buy FM17 rather than FMT17.

Apparently they were a separate last year as well and FM16 was still top 3 or 4 concurrent all year. Peak concurrent players for FMT 16 was 120 yesterday compared to 59'994 for FM16 so It's not really an issue.

I prefer FMT, but will buy full fat anyway, as I'll get both and do like some saves in full fat. Tbh, at some point I'll buy it for my tablet too, ffs........

I wonder though, if anyone playing FMT through the full fat app is counted as playing full fat?

You could buy FMT cheaper as a standalone last year, but if you bought full, you'd have them both in the full fm program(the single game loader like 14 and 15) rather than as separate app like they're doing with 17.

The price currently quoted on Steam is BEFORE the discount, right?   I've got all the way back to FM12 on Steam, so I'm guessing the 20% off is AFTER I go ahead and purchase.

yes, it is.    The discount is applied after you click on it, thanks SI!

Hooray!!   PrePurchased!

3 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

I wonder though, if anyone playing FMT through the full fat app is counted as playing full fat?

You could buy FMT cheaper as a standalone last year, but if you bought full, you'd have them both in the full fm program(the single game loader like 14 and 15) rather than as separate app like they're doing with 17.

Yeah this, I am playing Football Manager Classic 2015, Steam display just shows that I am playing Football Manager 2015.

I guess doing them as standalone downloads is the only way to get accurate figures for the 2 versions.

Anyway can't really complain at £28 for both, I will buy it no point saying I won't as I said that for 15 and 16,  I would have been right had I not bothered with 16 but I am still loving 15.

This is the only game I buy now anyway so buying it is no big deal even if it ends up rarely getting played, I will be interested to see if we are able to do a bit more in FMT (should have stuck with Classic name) with the Create-a-Club feature and what else we can do.

3 minutes ago, Maw74 said:

I will be interested to see if we are able to do a bit more in FMT (should have stuck with Classic name) with the Create-a-Club feature and what else we can do.

Control, or complete scrapping of tutoring, and optional full youth intakes would basically make it perfect for me. The option of having multiple leagues active when doing challenges would be a bonus too.

A little more flexibility in the Create-A-Club would be well received too. It was disappointing that you couldn't switch the nation of the club you were editing to make clubs that play in other countries league structures, or impose squad building rules like Athletic Club or Chivas. I'd also like the option to make "immigrant clubs" for lack of a better term, that their regens would come from another country, like Assyriska, Lusitanos, FC Romania, etc.

Archived