[Discussion] Goalkeeper Injuries and Cards

Lenzar

I am sure I am not the only one who feels that recent versions of FM have made goalkeepers seemingly immune from red cards, as well as not getting injured enough.

I know these events are fairly rare, but once or twice a season per league must be about average? I'd almost rather it happened too much rather than not at all.

Goalkeeper injuries seem to happen in training rather than in matches. I'm with you on this I would like to see GK injuries after things like Collisions (sometimes with own player), rushed clearances, awkward saves, and even when running back from an attacking corner late in the game.

I agree about red cards also, I'd like to see more GKs bring down strikers as they try to go past them, and also perhaps a few more red cards for handling outside the box, although I'm not sure if this is actually a red card IRL?

I've had three GK injuries just this last season in match although I would agree they seem rarer than outfield ones.

One was a red injury, one a yellow that I subbed and the most recent a stubbed finger which just lowered condition (I left it and the GK played through with no after effects).

• 1 month later...

Now that you mention it, I don't think I've ever seen a goalkeeper concede a penalty, only outfield players.

I have seen my keeper get yellow carded for catching the ball outside of the box a couple of times, or rather, catching the ball inside the box and then sliding out of it like he's on a patch of ice while holding on to the ball; no red, though.

• 3 months later...

Archived