What roles would legendary players be?

I was watching some old footage of players like Hoddle, Cantona and (my all time hero) Le Tissier and had a thought. Obviously back when they were playing (mainly the latter two) Football/Championship Manager didn't have the named roles like we do now which got me thinking. What role would Cantona or Le Tissier have been? My initial thought was Trequartista because they didn't do anything defensively and got carried somewhat but we're the focal point of an attack. Anyone have any other ideas? Maybe put forward more classic players and what you think their position and role would be now as well to keep the thread going.

IMO Cantona was probably closer to a CF-S. Dude had size (6ft2in I believe?), great technique and was as good at setting up people as well as scoring himself. He also usually played deeper than his strike partners.

Le Tissier at his best under Alan Ball was probably the quintessential Trequartista, he did **** all on defense and was basically given the freedom to get Southampton a goal whichever way he could.

Archived