Semi Final 2 - Germany vs France

darren1983

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Boateng was pants for Man City but has been amazing since he left them.

Kind of ironic as City are looking for that class (and fit) CB :D

He rarely played tbh. He had an injury that kept him out for a while and when he came back he was behind in the pecking order. A bit too flamboyant sometimes but he has got everything you want from a CB.

Ref has been poor generally in that half, topped off by that shocker of a decision

Agree. Yellow to Can for the dive by Griezman was bad too, and many other smaller decisions. Hope Germany managed to get back into the game, so that the ref doesn't effectively hand France a spot in the final. Just awful. Hate it when the refs make howlers that decide important matches.

Dodgy penalty given against the Germans \0/

Similar to the Boateng incident in the last game so the ref was correct. Thought it was quite funny that no-one knew what was going on.

That was a great decision. Probably from ref behind the goal. Don't see how people are complaining. He led with his arm so clearly, and stopped Evra's header going towards goal. It wasn't going in, but it would have headed in that direction.

Some of you guys have better eyes than me, I honestly thought he stopped play for a clash of heads! :)

You are not alone, he certainly didn't make it clear, I saw no signal for a penalty before he booked Schweinsteiger.

You are not alone, he certainly didn't make it clear, I saw no signal for a penalty before he booked Schweinsteiger.

Did he even point to the spot before booking Schweinsteiger?

I thought he was just going over to check on the players and then it was a penalty.

I thought he was just going over to check on the players and then it was a penalty.

Pointed to his hand and then at the offending player before he pointed at the spot so can understand people being confused.

Some of you guys have better eyes than me, I honestly thought he stopped play for a clash of heads! :)

Didnt see it first time. But when I saw the replay, could easily see why it was given.

the delay and confusion was, I assume, because it wasn't given by Rizzoli, but by the ref behind the goal

Still amazed how dominant Germans were, 70% possession, France defended well. Useful bit of luck for France will make this second half good. Ozil's face as the French scored. Germans really craving this Euro tournament win.

I didn't see him point to the spot at all, I thought the same then the card was shown and my reaction was oh it's a penalty.

Archived