Semi Final 1 - Portugal VS Wales #PORWAL

Baptista_8

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fully deserved final for Portugal.

Proper football.

Who cares about anything else other than the result.

Sick and tired of newly composed football fans that are crying about the unattractive games.

You go to EUROs to win it, not to play aesthetically pleasing game.

Fully deserved final for Portugal.

Proper football.

Who cares about anything else other than the result.

Sick and tired of newly composed football fans that are crying about the unattractive games.

You go to EUROs to win it, not to play aesthetically pleasing game.

Tonight's the only match they actually managed to properly win :brock:

Seriously though, Portugal were awful and have been all tournament.

Maybe tonight will show people how good Aaron Ramsey is

That was never in doubt, at least it shouldn't be.

They weren't awful tonight, certainly not impressive but for me they were clearly the better team & deserved the win.

Great tournament for Wales. :thup: Ramsey was really missed.

And shouldn't have been. Awful ref in the last match should never have given him a yellow. Though, saying that, he should have given Belgium several free kicks and a penalty, so it's hard to complain...

Not enjoyed them but you've got to give Portugal credit for the way they've played in these knockouts. They know how to get a result despite not really playing well. Fantastic tournament for Wales they'll be proud. Is that black kit cursed? Lost to England in that kit too.

Got to be honest, I hope France or Germany win the final.

If they've been awful, that speaks a lot about other teams that haven't been able to beat them.

I don't really like Portugal, but Santos knows his team's strengths and weaknesses and he bases the game on that.

Unlike some other managers.

They know how to get a result despite not really playing well.

Well, they know how to draw, at least.

If they've been awful, that speaks a lot about other teams that haven't been able to beat them.

I don't really like Portugal, but Santos knows his team's strengths and weaknesses and he bases the game on that.

I think if they'd been on the other side of the draw, just like if Wales had been, both would have been knocked out a hell of a lot sooner. This side of the draw really has been very easy.

Well they did finish 3rd in a 4 team group, it was hardly the most difficult group at that, I think even the most hardcore Portugal fan will agree it turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

They then got into the easier side of the draw.

Fair's fair though and they have gotten to the final, I don't think this has a lot to do with the manger though, more down to getting a bit lucky with the draw and the teams they have met.

Well they did finish 3rd in a 4 team group, it was hardly the most difficult group at that, I think even the most hardcore Portugal fan will agree it turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

They then got into the easier side of the draw.

Fair's fair though and they have gotten to the final, I don't think this has a lot to do with the manger though, more down to getting a bit lucky with the draw and the teams they have met.

Of course they've had some luck, but if you're gonna go in that directon, they've played better in group stage than they did vs Croatia and Poland.

And if you ask me, group stage performance doesn't really matter. It's all about the knockout phase. You raise your form throughout the groupstage and not the other way around (see Croatian example).

Of course they've had some luck, but if you're gonna go in that directon, they've played better in group stage than they did vs Croatia and Poland.

And if you ask me, group stage performance doesn't really matter. It's all about the knockout phase. You raise your form throughout the groupstage and not the other way around (see Croatian example).

I really don't think they have raised their form, they have looked the same in every game.

The state of that semi final. Terrible match. This tournament has been pretty rubbish really and that game summed it up in a nutshell. Didn't even feel like a big semi final game that. Bloated 24 teams, then the rubbish top heavy knockout round draw has really killed my interest this summer. Already nostalgic for the 16 team format.

But then maybe it's not the new tournament format but just a drop in quality amongst international football who knows. Either way just hurry up and end this tournament.

wales have not played any team at the same level as Portugal.

Ohh ********! <edit> sorry I meant bull poop! :p

Do you just like to be 'different' or are you really this stupid?

Every post from you seems to be against everyone and anyone.

Portugal are a very good team. They were the best performing team in the bottom half of the draw. Don't know why some are bitter that they weren't in the top half. The draw is what it is.
Portugal are good finalists, but they aren't a good team. This really isn't a good team. I do hope they give France or Germany a good game though.

Ohh ********! <edit> sorry I meant bull poop! :p

Do you just like to be 'different' or are you really this stupid?

Every post from you seems to be against everyone and anyone.

So saying a team who have reached the final is a very good team is being "different"? If they are not good, what can we say abut all the other teams in the bottom half of the draw?

Portugal are good finalists, but they aren't a good team. This really isn't a good team. I do hope they give France or Germany a good game though.

They are a good team, not great. They are the best of the bottom half of the draw. There are teams in the top half who are better but Portugal are capable of giving them a good game but will definitely be the underdogs.

They are a good team, not great. They are the best of the bottom half of the draw. There are teams in the top half who are better but Portugal are capable of giving them a good game but will definitely be the underdogs.
Agree with that mainly, although if group team Croatia had have turned up they should have done away with them...but Portugal definitely edged that match and then have just found themselves getting enough done each time...they seem like they're 3 or 4 players away from a really great team...like you say, a good team but just shy of being a great team.

Ronaldo :cool:

Think Portugal will lose to whoever wins the other semi final, but hopefully they can make it more of an even-matched game than Wales could have.

Sick jump on that Ronaldo fella. Almost looks like slow motion how he hangs in the air.

Unlucky Wales, was always going to be a miracle to get to the final anyway.

Chuffed for Ronaldo and Portugal. They'll no doubt lose the final. Which is a shame, would love to see Ronaldo lift the trolley (autocorrect, love it :D)

Portugal have a better chance against France than against Germany. They will be huge underdogs against either team, probably 2/1 underdogs. But who knows with an extra days rest and maybe a 120 min exhausting match tomorrow.

Now that Portugal are through, I gotta admit, I am gunning for the underdog. They certainly look better than in the first few games. Bale was so good, Ramsey and Davies were huge misses. Nevertheless, I'd be proud if I were Welsh.

Ronaldo :cool:

Think Portugal will lose to whoever wins the other semi final

If Germany get through they have a better chance, no natural striker is a killer for one of Germany's better players, Muller.

Yes, he hasn't scored but he has been more dangerous playing off a front man. Muller is a match winner.

Portugal's defence will breathe a bigger sigh of relief not facing an actual striker in Germany.

Griezmann, Giroud and Payet will scare the life out of that Portuguese back line, if they make it.

People need to watch the first half again I think. After half-time the team who scores first wins, simple. Forces the other team to attack and therefore get caught again as we did.

Unfortunately it was Ronaldo, a superstar and a pretty lucky second goal. Congratulations Portugal, very proud.

Surely, if Germany goes through they will be considered to be completely undeserved to win the tournament. They didn't "properly" win quarter final.

Portugal hate is so ridiculous. English people are so jealous of them. Winning in extra time is not a win for them. No wonder English team fail time over the time. It seems to be a national thing that they just don't understand the simpliest rules of the tournament. The task is to go to the next round and not to get knocked out at the current. Yet, it's too hard for some to understand. If football fans are so stupid, I guess the players and the manager are the same.

I can only hope that whoever makes it to the final tonight absolutely demolishes Portugal, because the alternative is another game like...well...every Portugal game at this tournament bar the Hungary one. Portugal are functional and will grind out a result, but that's about the limit. If they're in with a chance in the closing minutes, it'll have been a dreadful game. Happy to be proved wrong, but I doubt I will be.

Archived