Who do you want to win?

Rafalution

Who do you want to win  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to win

Pepe and Ronaldo did nothing against Iceland before the game! Get that! They were provoked by the national team manager, for no ****** reason.

Pepe has spent his career behaving badly. Ronaldo is the world's greatest narcissist. His comments about Iceland we're an absolute disgrace. He has a go because they came to defend? Yeah I would too if I was Iceland? Or were they meant to open up and pander to his raging ego? I'm not sure how you made Lagerback the bad guy...

Anyone but Portugal for me. They have not won a single match within 90 minutes either.

Pepe has spent his career behaving badly. Ronaldo is the world's greatest narcissist. His comments about Iceland we're an absolute disgrace. He has a go because they came to defend? Yeah I would too if I was Iceland? Or were they meant to open up and pander to his raging ego? I'm not sure how you made Lagerback the bad guy...

Anyone but Portugal for me. They have not won a single match within 90 minutes either.

So what? should i slag every single player who has made a bad thing in his career before facing them, even though they haven't done anything against me? Is that a correct thing for a national team manager to do? Iceland fans followed his words and booed Pepe for no reason since the 1st minute.

Have you ever thought that Ronaldo's comments were nothing but a comeback reply against Lagercr@p's disgraceful comments about him? Obviously not a correct thing to do, but i'm astonished that some wise guys think that Pepe and CR7 are the bad guys in this story and Lagerback hasn't done anything wrong. Just shows how hateful and bad sportsmen you are.

Bye bye Iceland, see you never again. :( The only good thing they have done was to knock out England out of the EC :applause:

Have to support the underdog in Wales. I don't really mind who wins out of the other three. The politics surrounding France winning the hosting rights and Platini's influence still rankles a bit, though I generally like the host nation to do well and the French people could use something to celebrate. Germany are a great team but I'm just getting a bit sick of them being so consistently good :D. Portugal are alright but I'd be happier about them winning if Messi had won the Copa America with Argentina :(.

Just shows how hateful and bad sportsmen you are.

Bravo indeed. You really genuinely think that Lagerback's comments are worse than the behaviour of Ronaldo and Pepe to earn them their reputations in the first place? A partially inaccurate statement above, I admire sportsmanship - which for the record are things that neither Ronaldo nor Pepe are renowned for. In fact, this is a good reason to dislike them. On the other hand, hateful has a little truth to it. I hate Ronaldo and Pepe for all they represent, and the terrible role models they are. So, only 50% wrong. Which frankly seems impressive given your deluded sense of morals.

:applause:

Ronaldo is probably the best role model in sport let alone football.

You know it's an interesting point - because from the point of view of his dedication to his professional development, he is frankly an amazing man. Truly unmatched levels of dedication and desire to win. It's the socially unappealing behaviour that undoes all of that for me - for example tantrums, narcissism etc.

He is very proud of himself but his confidence matches his ability so he justifies the arrogance. Also without this arrogance, he might not be the same level of player. Obviously no one beats his professionalism and dedication to the game.

You know it's an interesting point - because from the point of view of his dedication to his professional development, he is frankly an amazing man. Truly unmatched levels of dedication and desire to win. It's the socially unappealing behaviour that undoes all of that for me - for example tantrums, narcissism etc.

How do you know he has unmatched levels of dedication? I'm sure there are a variety of different people in a variety of different sports that work just as hard as Ronaldo to be the best that they can be.

I know we all like a Ronaldo documentary where some ex-teammates tell us he does an extra hour of free kick training after everyone else has gone home but that doesn't make him unique in the entire sporting world ffs.

Bravo indeed. You really genuinely think that Lagerback's comments are worse than the behaviour of Ronaldo and Pepe to earn them their reputations in the first place? A partially inaccurate statement above, I admire sportsmanship - which for the record are things that neither Ronaldo nor Pepe are renowned for. In fact, this is a good reason to dislike them. On the other hand, hateful has a little truth to it. I hate Ronaldo and Pepe for all they represent, and the terrible role models they are. So, only 50% wrong. Which frankly seems impressive given your deluded sense of morals.

:applause:

If you can't understand when managers are supposed to deservedly say such thing to their opponents, then you're the deluded guy here.

How difficult is it to know that you shouldn't provoke your opponents for no reason?

Maybe any random guy whenever walks past you and ur wife/gf should slag you because you cheated on your ex-girllfriend 8 years ago, right? It's perfectly correct to do it, isn't?

Yeah, it makes more sense to headbutt players or boot them in the backs instead

Before Juventus next game, the opponent manager should say: "Zaza is a disgraceful clown for taking a penalty like that"

or Before next Barcelona game, the opponent manager should say: "Messi is a disgrace for his country for failing a penalty in the Copa America final"

or lets remind about Luis Suarez past actions before every single Barcelona game, shall we?

We're goin in circles...but ok, i can take care of 5 years olds.

Man, you're slower than i thought. I'm not defending anyone. All i'm saying is that there was unnecessary disgraceful comments against Pepe and CR7 by the Icelandic manager without any reason...

I know perfectly well who Pepe is, but i also i know when someone should be slagged or not.

Without any reason.

OMG, that article literally highlights EVERY of Pepe's playacting that he didn't get punish for.

Oh man, you still haven't understood... i give up. Enjoy being an ignorant and keep slagging everyone out of context.

Geezus.

Pepe has a history of playacting.

Pepe has a history of playacting without getting punished.

Iceland manager reminds everyone of this fact.

Is that enough context for you

FFs and do you think it's perfectly normal to do it before playing against him?

Should we slag Luis Suarez before every single match because he bites his opponents?

Should we slag Messi before every single match because in his last game he dived in Copa America Final trying to get a penalty and got yellow carded? Should we slag him before every single match because of his tax frauds?

How hard is that to understand? They should be slagged when they deserve, not out of nowhere. CR7 and Pepe did nothing against Iceland and were provoked. Simple as that. Jesus Christ

When you have stupid referees that constantly let players like Pepe get away with murder, yes you have to remind them of it.

I really don't understand how are you not getting this

Circles all over again...:rolleyes:

This time you're implying the referees suck and don't do their research about players. Your sportsmanship keeps rising and rising.

Trying to influence the referee by accusing opposition players of being serial cheats before a match is no more sportsmanlike than trying to influence the referee by rolling around unnecessarily after a foul or waving an imaginary card.

(i.e. it's part of the game and nearly everyone does it; much like whinging about opposition teams playing anti-football or "parking the bus" after a defeat)

I quite like the idea of slagging off Messi about his tax evasion before every match though.

How difficult is it to know that you shouldn't provoke your opponents for no reason?

Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't Ronaldo provoke his own teammate in Wayne Rooney for no reason just so he got sent off in the World Cup 2006?

a) what's a random example from 10 years ago have to do with anything?

b) he didn't provoke him, the huge fuss was that Ronaldo had winked at someone *after* the red card

c) I hope you're not trying to justify an aggression on a provocation (that didn't even exist).

As for who I want to win, it's obvious and doesn't need to be said, although I understand why the neutrals don't like us, if I were a neutral I wouldn't like us either, Ronaldo and Pepe are obvious villain figures and our football isn't conquering anyone.

In fact this has been a very weird Euros for me, it started with excitement at the idea of Portugal playing passing football and 2 false forwards which is something I've advocated for long, and the excitement progressively disappeared as it became more obvious match after match that we don't actually have a clue what we're doing, we've been awful, and we're not taking any advantage of our setup. Yet... we've been going further and further, and have now got the best chance ever of reaching a tournament final apart from Euro 2004 at home. It's mixed feelings really.

From the other teams, when I was younger I liked underdogs but as I've grown older I've grown to appreciate more good teams being crowned, provided they don't give me massive reasons to feel they're unlikeable, and the best team is Germany. I think they deserve it, they may be the reigning world champions but haven't won the Euros in a while, and would be the most fitting champions for me. Wales are however, the kind of underdogs I definitely still enjoy even as a grown-up - they may not be the most talented side, but are still capable of playing magnificent football at times. As for France, I quite enjoy watching Payet and Griezmann but otherwise they don't quite convince me.

So it's Portugal > Germany > Wales > France for me.

a) what's a random example from 10 years ago have to do with anything?

b) he didn't provoke him, the huge fuss was that Ronaldo had winked at someone *after* the red card

c) I hope you're not trying to justify an aggression on a provocation (that didn't even exist).

That's precisely why i said 'Correct my if i'm wrong' Haha

EDIT: lol; I only just realised that you're a Portugal fan. Can we get people who don't support them defending them please?

That's precisely why i said 'Correct my if i'm wrong' Haha

EDIT: lol; I only just realised that you're a Portugal fan. Can we get people who don't support them defending them please?

You're clearly not looking for me then. I like the look of that team but the negative football they play and the play-actors ruin it for me.

You're clearly not looking for me then. I like the look of that team but the negative football they play and the play-actors ruin it for me.

Yes same here. It's a real shame that they can't just play football like they should be able to on paper. Ronaldo has absolutely no reason to dive and just generally be a ****, so why does he?

Read my answer in the context it was written, the question the opening post asks is "who do you want to win?". I have no connection to France or Germany, so in a game between two nations that aren't my own I don't think its odd to favour a team with two players who play for your local team. I'd still watch it if they weren't playing, but in terms of me caring about who wins its only if I feel any connection to the teams or players.

Germany, for the in-no-way-selfish reason I have them in the work sweepstake....

Yeah sweepstake, I forgot about being in one of those, France or Portugal then.:), I had 3 teams with Croatia being the other team.

Archived