Problem with... FM08

Hello , I know that now on top of the FM2016 but recently decided to run Football Manager 2008. The album is original and I always worked on the old computer, but the old computer went to hell ... I installed the game on a laptop with Windows 7 and after starting the game shows a yellow triangle telling me to check if the database is in order and that the installation is not corrupt . Please help , I tried to run with different modes of conformity and all the time the same or a black screen after the initial inscriptions . Please help!

My FM 08 copy run without problems on my Win 10 system, so I don't think it's a compatibility issue.

Do you have more partitions on your laptop? If yes, have you tried to install the game on a different partition? Are you using customized databases?

How about databases? are you running some third parts one? Or have you used the editor to modify the existent one?

You could do one more thing. Uninstall the game, then go to the c:\users\yourusername\documents\sports interactive and delete the Football Manager 2008 folder, and finally install the game again.

Be aware if you're using some graphic stuff like logos or facepacks they will be deleted.

I don't know if this helps even a little, but I had a similar problem, though not with FM08. The problem was starting the game in full screen caused only a black screen and nothing more. As soon as I got it into windowed mode it worked. Back then is was something with changing the path to "fm.exe -windowed" or something similar.

I'm sorry, I can't be more precise, but this is all I remember from that.

Archived