Next England manager?

RTG

Next England Manager  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Next England Manager

I honestly can't think of one English manager for the job, not one.

It has to be a foreign manager.

Hiddink would be a good shout, at least for a couple of years.

Personally I think you guys should appoint Ronny Deila, that really would be a dream come true though!

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think I may just stop watching England if it's Klinsmann. Bad enough having a German manager in charge ffs, let alone him being a pile of ****.

Give it to Big Sam. As if he goes by his club form, he'll pick players to fit the best tactics which we need.

Who would you appoint based on that Georginho?

I was chatting with a colleague today about it and he suggested Sean Dyche...now, he did make out it would be a crazy appointment, but he did make a good argument for him taking over. Not for me though, if it's an Englishman I'd still go with an old timer personally, like Hoddle (not actually that old) or even give Redknapp the job (I agree they are worlds apart, but they'd be the two I'd be most happy with if it was an English guy). I just can't see any other English manager being good enough and even those two have their faults in many areas.

I agree with many in this thread that there is currently no good English managers. But this problem isn't due to English managers being bad, but due to Premier League's ability to lure players and managers from all over the world. This has consequences for development of English managers because the entry to big clubs becomes limited.

So, I would tell you to just pick one out there who had some success in the past with small clubs. Steve Bruce. Big Sam.

Pardrew has been suspiciously quiet. I'm getting worried he's up to something.

Allardyce makes sense if we're going English. At least he'll have a system and will stick by it. It won't be pretty, or expansive, but it'll get results.

edit: Pardrew has said he'd be interested in speaking to the FA, but said he's not ready to be the England manager yet. http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/alan-pardew-wants-england-job-8324148

goooooood

All well and good him saying he's not ready yet, but the problem Pardew has is that if he's going to do it, it needs to be now. Guys like him only get chances when their stock is high, which for him is now after what he's done with Palace. As soon as they dip, he becomes someone who won't even make the conversation

I honestly can't believe the FA would be so misguided to appoint Klinnsman, aside from everything else he's not very good!

Maybe its with a view that he´ll bring Löw on board again and then takes over ;-) :D

Archived