How can I improve this tactic?

Please post your full detailed tactical set up - we can only see 5 of 7 TIs and no idea if you are using any individual player instructions.

Also, what style of football are you trying to achieve, and which team / at what level are you playing as? I'm sure many people will recognise the squad, but others won't.

Like Herne said its hard to say without knowing more information.

But, from just looking at your roles from a defensive point of view, I'd be tempted to switch your fullbacks from defensive duties (FB/s) < Ive never seen a use for limited defender duties, id stick to the vanilla defense roles, CD(D) and FB(S). Id, also look at your single defensive midfielder, as he has a massive job on his hands, I would perhaps change your formation to a true wide diamond. Perhaps, skew your winger and fullback roles, something like LB-FB(s) LW-WGR(A), RB-FB(A), RW-WM(s). Also, if you want to play a stopper, its sometimes advisable to have a defender on cover next to him, so he fills in when he goes closing down.

You're playing structured which has your players playing further apart from each other from back to front with your wingers on attack and your fullbacks on defend so the gap between them is even more exaggerated,couple that with one central midfielder,i'm not surprised you're conceding.

As Herne79 said, we need more information to suggest changes to fit the style your after.

All I can say for now is:

1. Look at the balance of your team, you have 4 players defending, 2 supporting and 4 attacking. Not only do you need a good balance they need to be positioned to balance each other.

2. Your formation is your defensive positioning. That means you have a lot of advanced players and not many central when defending which probably explains some of your issues. Whats your defensive plan?

Archived