Euro 2016 - Fantasy Football Game

AdyTaylor

Only 23 days to go till the tournament kicks off and the McDonald's Fantasy Football game is up and running

http://eurofantasy.uefa.com/en

Same competition and rules as their annual champions League competition and pretty similar to the official Premier League one.

Might still be a bit early as final squads are yet to be named and game contains quite a lot of players that need to be culled but I've already managed to waste an hour or so having a look through and deciding on a very early team draft.

• 2 weeks later...
I have joined this league. Why arent there more people in this...

The way it's presented is very off-putting. Fpl is brilliant and clear, this is horrific. And that's not just me not liking something that's not Fpl, have played and enjoyed other fantasy games including the last McDonald's euros one.

Plus there's a lot of cbaness after a long season. I've created a team but cba paying attention. Want to just enjoy the tournament.

The way it's presented is very off-putting. Fpl is brilliant and clear, this is horrific. And that's not just me not liking something that's not Fpl, have played and enjoyed other fantasy games including the last McDonald's euros one.

Plus there's a lot of cbaness after a long season. I've created a team but cba paying attention. Want to just enjoy the tournament.

Also, FPL you carry on year after year, don't need to sign up again.

manager substitutions

Are these only available at the end of each day or can you make changes in between the 2 and 5pm kick-offs (for example)?

Each day. You can actually do crazy things like changing captains between gamedays and substituting out players who've already played, which is stupid.

Edit: To be clear, you can't make changes between matches that happen on the same day, but you can between each game day, even during the same round of games.

Each day. You can actually do crazy things like changing captains between gamedays and substituting out players who've already played, which is stupid.

Edit: To be clear, you can't make changes between matches that happen on the same day, but you can between each game day, even during the same round of games.

You sure about that? I know you can in the WC one didn't think you could in the Euros one.

http://eurofantasy.uefa.com/en/fantasy16/rules

Substitutions

Manager substitutions

After all matches on a single day have finished and before the next matches start, you can:

• Replace any player (unless they were sent off) with one from your bench whose team is yet to play
  • Change your captain (if he was not sent off) with a player from your squad whose team is yet to play
  • Players who are substituted out will score 0 points. The captain bonus will be lost from your original captain if a new captain is selected. Substitutions and captain changes can't be cancelled once confirmed.
  • An unlimited number of manager substitutions can be made, although it is not possible to make them after games on the last day of the matchday as all fixtures will have been completed.
  • If a manager substitution or captain change is made, then no automatic substitutions will take place in your team that matchday.

Automatic substitutions

• If no manager substitutions or captain changes are made, automatic substitutions will take place at the end of the matchday, when all fixtures have been played.
  • If your goalkeeper plays no part in the matchday, then your replacement goalkeeper will be substituted in, if he played in the matchday.
  • If any of your outfield players play no part in the matchday, then the game will try to substitute the inactive player for one of your replacements. This is done by replacing them with your highest priority substitute who who did play and doesn't break the formation rules (e.g. If your starting team has three defenders, a defender can only be replaced by another defender). You can change your substitution priorities on the 'My Team' page.

You sure about that? I know you can in the WC one didn't think you could in the Euros one.

They seem to make the wording as confusing as possible in the rules. I'll try an example, to check my own reasoning as much as anything else.

http://eurofantasy.uefa.com/en/fantasy16/manage-team

Go to the "Upcoming matches" tab. Let's say I have Payet and Sagna of France in my starting eleven, and Walker of England on my bench. Payet is my captain.

Payet gets 2 points (doubled to 4 with captaincy), whilst Sagna get's 1 point against Romania on 10th June.

On the morning of the 11th, I decide to take out Sagna and put in Walker. I lose the 1 point from Sagna, and there will be no automatic substitutions. I decide that Walker is likely to forget more than 2 points, so I take the captaincy off Payet and give it to Walker. Payet's points are no longer doubled, but Walker's will be.

However, if I decide to make any transfers, these won't take effect until Russia v Slovakia on 15th June, when the next round of games begins.

I think.

Archived