Player search guide.

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if anybody could give me any insights into how they go about searching for players for their team. I have recently used statisticalapproaches money ball approqch. He has 8 or 9 attributes that he noticed all great players had (determination, work rate, balance etc.) and started out searching for all players that had 7 of 9 of those attributes at 13 as his base. He then identified often overlooked attributes that were position specific to find possible players.

However I always seem to find the same players over and over again or the pool is just too small. If I use the ingame player templates obviously no player has all 14 or so of those attributes. So in short I was just hoping people could give me an idea of what processes they use in order to find that hidden superstar....

Unless you radically change the database you start with the approach you are taking will always return the same player. In fact that is essentially the point of the money ball recruitment system as it removes subjective opinion & deals in known stats to identify the right player therefor unless you change the parameters the results will show very little change because the data remains the same.

Yes I agree entirely. Thats why I was hoping for people to share their ideas on what they do. I was thinking maybe I would go with a base of things I would want from 'my' type of player (hard working, teamplayer, aggressive etc) then make a shortlist of all of those players then maybe use the player templates to find position specific players.....although come to think of it that sounds like pretty much what i was doing before...d'oh. :-)

I just send out my scouts to watch matches & when I identify an area of my squad that might be a little weak or now that a specific player will need replacing in the near future I head over to the scouting section to see who they've reported on & if any of the players potentially address that weakness.

Essentially scouts are paid to find players while I'm paid to win matches, as the old adage goes, why keep a dog & bark yourself?

Archived