EPL Challenge (The Ultimate Premier League Experience) FM2005 [*Established Clan*]

birmingham.gif

16th January 2010

FA Cup 4th Round

Birmingham 2

Esposito 45(PEN) Fernandez 83

Gillingham 0

The run to the final continues ;-) as we dispatched Gillingham with a well-placed penalty from Esposito after Dawson had been fouled in the box and Fernandez finished the job off late in the game after taking the ball past two defenders before placing the ball into the top left hand corner past the hapless Gillingham keeper.

23rd January 2010

Birmingham 0

Chelsea 2

Berbatov 11, 51

Didn't go into this game with much confidence as Dan's Chelski are flying high at the moment and are looking unstoppable so I was just hoping to retain some pride by the end of the game. Chelsea came out of the blocks fast as Berbatov took advantange of some poor defending to put his team ahead in the game, and then our opponents proceeded to have attack after attack with my team somehow holding on till half-time without conceding again.

The second half was much the same as the first, with Berbatov scoring his second of the game with a good finish past Lobont in goal as my team never managed to get a foot hold into the match. I'll be suprised if Chelsea don't finish extremely well this season and it looks like it's back to the drawing board with Birmingham for me.

27th January 2010

Tottenham 1

Defoe 25

Birmingham 0

This was a battle of two rapidly improving sides as we came up against Rick's Tottenham team...oops Pagi's Tottenham team I mean icon_wink.gif. This was going to be a match where the deciding factor would be who took their chances when they arrived would probably win, which proved to be Pagi's team as Defoe finished off a decent move to leave Lobont with no chance in goal for us. We tried to get back into the game but to be fair, we were lucky to only concede the one goal.

All credit to Pagi but I'll make up for this by beating Tottenham to winning the UEFA Cup as I've been in the

final before but am determined to finally get my hands on the trophy this time.

30th January 2010

Birmingham 3

Dorsin 1(OG) Anelka 81 Fernandez 88

Middlesbrough 1

Beattie 16

Having left Middlesbrough after the humilating defeat by Rick's Man Utd team, this was the first match facing Boro since I had left and gone to Birmingham. With Boro's morale completely shot to pieces after that humilating defeat, I was confident of a comprehensive victory which wasn't as easy as I'd imagined it would be.

The game started with us winning a corner in the first 30 seconds which was swung in and ended up going in off the unfortunate Middlesbrough left back Dorsin for an embarassing own goal. We were comfortable until Beattie met a cross with a decent header that left Lobont with no chance for the equaliser.

When we came out for the second half, I sent my players out with a more attacking mentality which looked like it wouldn't help as Boro kept us out but that was until the ball broke to Anelka who smacked the ball past the Boro keeper. The young Spanish wizard Fernandez finished off the job towards the end of the game as he placed the ball brilliantly into the net to seal the victory for us.

With Boro's morale gone to pot, they're looking like they are heading for relegation this season but having spent nearly 2 seasons at the club, I hope they find some form as they have the makings of a decent team if they manage get some confidence together and get on a run.

6th February 2010

Charlton 1

Healy 45

Birmingham 1

Owen 72

This was one of those games where we started slowly, allowing our opponents to control virtually the whole

of the 1st half with Healy giving them the lead right on the stroke of half-time with a neat finish. With a couple of substitutions at half-time, I sent out my players to try and impose themselves on the game but even though we were putting some decent moves together, we were struggling to get back into the match.

That was until leading England goal scorer and world-class finisher Owen broke with the ball, took on a couple of players and slotted the ball easily past the keeper. We did put on some pressure in the final few minutes but it wasn't enough as we ended up with a point.

UEFA Cup 1st Knockout Round 1st Leg

11th February 2010

Partizan Belgrade 2

Grudjesic 29 Vukcevic 45

Birmingham 2

Adu 39 Basturk 60

With 6 players cup-tied, it looks like it's going to need a huge effort from the rest of the squad to get us

to that final and to win it. The game got off to a bad start when Partizan's Grudjesic finished off the ball past Lobont to give them a surprise lead, which was then cancelled out by an excellent Adu goal which flew past the Partizan keeper to get us back into the game.

But just before half-time, the defence went to sleep and allowed Vukcevic the time and space to put Partizan back into the lead. It was a bit of a sickener before half-time and I wondered whether my team could get us back into the game in the 2nd half but I shouldn't have worried when top performing midfielder Basturk got the ball 30 yards out, took the ball past a couple of Partizan players and thundered the ball into the top corner to get the equaliser. Overall, happy with the result as it's two away goals and I'm pretty confident we can beat them at St Andrew's to get us through into the next round.

UEFA Cup 1st Knockout Round 2nd Leg

18th February 2010

Birmingham 4

Fernandez 14 Arfa 18 Anelka 46 Eagles 80

Partizan Belgrade 0

The return leg was a far easy game for us in the end as goals from Fernandez, Arfa, Anelka and Eagles sealed a comfortable victory in the end with Partizan Belgrade not offering much resistance during the game. The new style of play at Birmingham seems to be paying off as I decided we needed to become a much more attacking unit, confident that we have probably one of the most potent teams going forward.

More Reports To Follow

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tottenham.gif

Spurs are going to Wembley and Stuttgart hopefully for a trophy la la la la la la la la

Spurs are currently on a rich vein of form having disposed of Genk, Aston Villa, Birmingham, Portsmouth, Man Utd and Everton in recent games. They are arguably England's in-form club, and are at the time of writing on course for a historic cup double (Uefa Semis/FA Cup Final) and a respectable 6th place in the Premiership.

Not bad for a club who were 11th when I began my tenure midway through the current season.

Wycombe (H) Lg Cup won 2-0

My opening game at the helm of the club I love was fortunately an easy one on paper at least. As events unfolded that was the case on the field aswell as the Colombian pocket rocket Guarin smashed two trademark long rangers to marshall the troops into the next round.

Saints (A) lost 2-1

An underserved loss in this match, although neither side deserved to walk off with all three points as the bout was for the most part an even contest. Saints opened the scoring with a revised throw in routine that Mario captilised on at the far post thundering a header home. Zurawski doubled the lead after Saints demonstrated a neat passing move to open up a bemuzzed Spurs rearguard. Defoe turned on the magic to restore some hope, as he dribbled past the helpless Saints defence and drilled one bottom corner but, we couldn't get that elusive equaliser we so desperately deserved.

Leotar (A) won 3-0

Comprehensive victory as we predictably steamrolled some eastern european outfit, Janssen x 2 and De Borre opening their accounts for the season.

Fulham (H) drew 0-0

Mo was in town, so yeah u guess it a 0-0 draw was on the cards as I failed to breakdown Mo's tactical tribute to George Graham. To be honest although the fans had little to cheer about as far as goals was concerned there were chances a plenty for either side god knows how the score remained goalless. Guarin is probably the guy to ask as he took it upon himself to shoot all the f**kin time from no man's land, although his teammates were in arguably better positions.

Man U (A) lost 3-1

Never expected nothing and got nothing so what you gonna do. It all started sooooooo well aswell with Italian Staillon Gambino finding some space in a neglected Man U pen area to put the Spurs 1-0 up within 40 seconds. Realism soon struck though as minutes later Eto'o made headway down the left flank leavng the Preston defence in his wake and slotted the ball inside the near post and inflicted more damage as he converted from close range for 2-1 soon after. Rooney killed the game as a spectacle for 3-1 late on.

Basel (H) won 3-0

The swiss outfit were rolled over by a compused Spurs performance Kranjcar, Downing and Gambino all registered on the scoring chart. Downing's effort was the pick of the goals, as he drifted past 3 players and swept the ball past a flayling gk.

Man City (H) won 4-0

The most impressive performance to date as the debarkle of William's reign was given a good spanking. McFadden pulled the City defence apart with a 5 star performance and a brace of goals. Defoe was on hand for another and Kompany attacked at the near post for the 4th.

Aston Villa (A) lost 4-0

Disgraceful not just the overall level of performance, but Kompany's personal display not sure he's quite grasped the english word "man mark" yet, as he neglected his marking duties on 2 fatal occasions to allow Suazo to tap home with ease and grab a brace. Taylor and Nolan also arrived late in the box to convert chances 4-0.

Everton (A) lost 3-0

Another Atrocious away display by my team, no doubt I'm going to deploy a more defensive tactic from now on in my away games. As away the team seems hopeless at best. Kim (girl's name) Kallstrom opened scoring with the aid of a Spur's backside Kompany's probably the little **** as he let rip with a trademark howitzer destined for row z only for it to deflect off a defender and totally wrong foot my Russian gk, sorry don't know his name begins with A though. Niall receiving a little Irish lucky there, although the other two goals materialisied through creation rather than chance. Gilardino rose like the preverbial salmon to crash a header home following right wing cross and Gonzalez fresh from the sub's bench out sprinted a weary defence to slot home the third, one word to describe this match turd.

Man Utd (H) lost 2-0

Alan Hansen's post match evaluation might be to level the Spurs defending as "schoolboy" because this match swayed on two United goals that were clearly avoidable 1st goal berbatov after guarin didn't shoot just wasted fk pas to guy next to him kranjcar second goal mcfad right wing lost ball spurs out of pos rooney ran onto raking pass goal der hammer missed 90 min pen.

Pompey (H) lost 4-7

Some bloke once spurted out football is a funny old game, he was right it's very funny when the home side can score 4 goals and still get hammered. But that is exactly what occurred as Pompey's Plethara of Free Foreign Fancies went all out attack lock stock and two smoking barrells, Spurs lied up with a similar mentality you score 3 i'll score 4.Tbh there were so many goals I am just gonna list them because i need a report done and i'm running out of time. Blame Goat for scoring so many. Spurs - Der Hammer scored a pen and 2 free kicks Weise fumbled a right wing cross to hand Janssen a goal on a plate. Pompey - Pazzini scored a hat trick Peralta came off the bench to score a brace.Yankov scored 2 aswell. Reports say Keegan was seen weeping into his good night cocoa as he watched the match progress on TV "I love it, just love it when teams play sexy attacking football, thats the way football should be! not defensive crap like Niall and Mo" And who can argue with those setaments.

It's been emotion.....Goat

manutd.gif

The Season Reaches Climax

With Manchester United currently sitting 2nd in the league, current talented manager Rick Boult has alot to smile about. Boasting one of the best squads the English Premier League has seen and youth on there side, the only way is up for the Mancunian outfit. Recent results have gone against the club, with Chelsea mounting a great push for the title, but Boult knows he has the resources to keep up with them and the rest of the chasing pack.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> 'This seasons held alot of ups and not so many downs for us. The lads have been playing some great stuff, with Ronaldinho particualy showing the rest of the league how football should be played. The injury to young Wayne has hit him hard but i know he'll enjoy the time off and will be looking to come back stronger than ever. Alessio has taken a while to settle but everyone at the club knows once he gets going, he'll overtake Pazzini in the goal scoring charts.' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Results

F.A Cup 5th Round

Manchester United [5]: Chivu, Rooney (2), Ronaldinho, Pina

Nottingham Forest [0]:

With the League Cup final being played a week later, some of the lads were rested but it was still a strong looking team. A quick double strike from Rooney saw off the midtable Championship team with Pina rounding off the rout. Birmingham were drawn at Old Trafford in the 6th Round

League Cup Final

Chelski [2]: Berbatov, Nilmar

Manchester United [3]: Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Silvano

My first and hopefully not last peice of silverware. My ex man Berbatov gave Chelsea the lead early on after good work from Nilmar down the right. United hit back immediately with a lovely through ball from Van Der Vaart setting up Ronaldinho who doesn't miss many one on one chances. Nilmar put the russians back in front with an identical goal to their opener with Berbatov laying it off to him on a plate. United pushed hard and gained a deserved equiliser as Silvano lost his man and smashed the ball past the helpless keeper. Extra time loomed but the introduction of Eto'o got the Chelski back line worried and when the Cameroon international was sent through one on one, they could only watch as he slid the ball home giving Boult yet another victory over rival King.

English Premier League

Manchester United [2]: Eto'o (2)

Fulham [0]:

My my how revenge is sweet. Mo was the only man able to stop me taking all 3 points during the first game of the season so i was out to get revenge. The lads (apart from Huth who i'd only just purchased of Fulham) didn't let me down and 2 cool finishes from Eto'o saw off the london outfit.

English Premier League

Everton [4]: dos Santos (3), Gilardino

Manchester United [1]: Ronaldinho

The best team to beat, the worst team to lose against. Everton manager Niall Murphy thinks he's the big man and ofter i'll admit is a good manager. After this humiliating defeat, the Irish tinkerman has reminded me of it no fewer than 4,111 occasions. Revenge will be mine next year however, that i guarentee you.

F.A Cup 6th Round

Manchester United [2]: van der Vaart, Eto'o

Birmingham City [0]:

Birmingham were on a good run in the league with manager Ben Jackson finally getting his tactics right. However, against i full strength United team at the heatre of Dreams, his side failed to create many chances and were duly punished for some bad marking. Birmingham looked a well organised side and i firmly believe next year they will come good.

English Premier League

Manchester United [2]: Ammendolea

Manchester City [0]:

If there was 1 game in the season i want to win, its this 1. The derby especially in front of your own fans is a must win game and the players responded well. Alessio finally getting of the mark after regaining full fitness banging in 2 well worked goals. It could have been more if the blue manc scum keeper hadn't been on top form.

English Premier League

Aston Villa [2]: Suazo, Korzym

Manchester United [0]:

I'd like to say we were unlucky here, but we never showed up. Villa are a strong outfit, even stronger when there manager is AWOL, but i hold no grudges there. Having soundly beat Villa twice in the league cup, i was expecting much of the same but Suazo's introduction early on after an injury saw the Villians dominate and take a vital 3 points off United.

English Premier League

Manchester United [2]: Rooney, Eto'o

Queen's Park Rangers [0]:

Getting back on track for United couldn't have been made any easier for United with the struggling Rangers visiting Old Trafford. Playing them in the Semi of the F.A Cup in a few weeks, i decided to test a new formation which didn't seem to work. Switched back to the solid 4-1-3-2 paid dividends as 2 goals early in the 2nd half gave us the win.

English Premier League

Arsenal [1]: Henry

Manchester United [7]: Ammendolea (2), Ronaldinho (4), Cerci

United have some new strong rivals in the league now, but ARSEnal are still hated more than any other team in the league. The 5,000 visiting fans were not let down with us hammering the Gunners for the 2nd time this season. Ammendolea picked up another 2 goals showing he's growing in stature week by week.

everton.gif

2009/10 round up

After thumping the wee big man's team, Rick Boult's Manchester United 4-1 at Goodison - a defeat which in effect cost the scum from Old Trafford the title (4,112 and counting icon_biggrin.gif), Everton boss Murphy did begin to tinker with his tactics attempting to perfect a new 4-4-1-1 formation for his side's campaign next season. Unfortunately, their failure to work immediately (or at all icon_wink.gif) cost Everton 4th place at the expense of Portsmouth as results dipped - leaving it a foregone conclusion that the Toffees would finish in fifth place this season for the final weeks of the season.

Looking back briefly on the season I am disappointed with the team from January to May 2010. In the first half of the season we were the best side in the Premiership, collecting 52 points from a possible 60 and sat proudly at the top of the table. However, an atrocious cycle of injuries to key players around this time saw Everton suffer a few unexpected defeats and consequently morale dipped dramatically and the confidence was drained out of the side. All of a sudden defensive errors occurring all over the shop and the title campaign came to an abrupt end. However, with there being many top teams in the Premiership now, given Pagi and Ben Jackson's excellent jobs at Spurs and Birmingham - and with the top two looking likely to be the mega rich Chelsea and Manchester United for the foreseeable future - we can't be too disappointed. The season though was a write off in the cup competitions and this is where I'll be looking to do much better next season.

On the whole Everton aren't in great shape. As Andy Nilsen is also discovering down at Portsmouth, our relatively small income on match day due to smaller stadiums and no sugar daddy means we are overstretching in a bid to compete with Chelsea and Man Utd. Currently Everton's financial position is very poor with the club going into the red towards the end of the season, a consequence of no European football, in particular missing out on the Champions League gravy train. With the club also entering the UEFA Cup next season I have a number of very tough decisions to make this pre-season in an attempt to rebuild Everton into title challengers once again.

Problems

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>My squad is ageing. Star players such as Petrov, Wilhelmssen, Renato, Boumsong and Reveilliere are now in their 30's with my main main Martin Petrov approaching 32 this year. A number of other players such as Pedretti and Yobo will turn 30 this coming season. Therefore, we need to lower the average age of the squad and begin the process of replacing the older players.

<LI>Money, simple fact is Everton are skint and the only way we will raise cash is to start selling some of the players that made us one of the top 4 sides in Europe only a season ago. Players like Radoi who is on £70k a week (by far our biggest earner) will just have to be offloaded. Fringe players (we are fortunate in that we have a few worth substantial cash such as Lauth) bought to ensure we have a squad capable of competing in four competitions will also have to go and be replaced with younger, less expensive players.

<LI>The stadium. A request to expand the stadium was put to the board last season and they concurred - but is the money there to do it and will they expand enough if so. Reports that Man Utd make £8m a home match shows just how unevenly balanced the Premiership is.

<LI>Chelsea and Man Utd. Obviously these two teams are not only currently very very good, and in Chelsea's case exceptional this season, and its hard to see how we can get back above them unless their managers have a mare of a season.

This summer at Everton is going to signal a transitional period. With that in mind, I'm not expecting to challenge for the title next season and will hope to pick up one of the three cups as Murphy and Everton begin again!!!

astonvilla.gif

Happy Happy Joy Joy

The season climaxed in quite some style, and with only 6 Premiership games to go, the title was still up in the air. Danny King was loosing his nerve at Chelski, whilst Rick Boult was struggling to pick up points in relativly easy games. This cleared the way for Aston Villa surely....nope! Sitting in third place surely something would go wrong and with Portsmouth and Everton ready to pounce at any moment, knowing my luck it would. However whenever i lost out on points...so did they...so it's all good icon_biggrin.gif.

With only three games to go, 3rd place could still have been out of reach, however after Portsmouth lost to Man United, it confirmed my league position. Dispite losing to Charlton after a phoenominal 4 minute David Healy hat-trick, Villa managed to nick a draw at high flying Birmingham which meant for definate that Champions League football would be played at Villa Park for the first time in years.

Southampton had proven tough opposition for many a side in the EPL, however Sam Bouchard has seemingly cracked them, finishing the season 4-1 winners in the final game of the campaign. It was a real show for the Villa Faithful, all 58,000 of them stayed to watch the side parade around the ground applauding their support.

On the whole, this season's been very successful - A League Cup Semi-Final appearance, An FA Cup Quater-Final appearance and 3rd place in the Premier League. It's not much in comparison to Chelsea's success, but it'll do for Aston Villa....for the time being that is.

38 - 25 - 8 - 5 - 95 - 39 - +56 - 83

Losing only 5 this year and scoring so many has given Villa 83 points, a total that last year won Portsmouth the title. A simply sublime season has finally earned Bouchard the respect he deserves, hopefully the same again next year for the might Villa.

manutd.gif

End Of Season Disaster

With Manchester United brushing aside Chelski to win the League Cup, fans were hopeful current manager Rick Boult would bring home more silverware in the final few months of the season. On the heels of Chelski's wonder squad and in the Semi of the F.A Cup, Boult was also optomistic on the future.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> ' I don't want to toot my own horn but beep beep. The lads have been brilliant and all those extra sessions at my house seem to be working wonders. If we can keep up this pace only the jammy Pagi will be able to stop us.' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Results

F.A Cup Semi Final

Manchester United [2]: Ammendolea, Eto'o

Queen's Park Rangers [1]: Roberts

The Cups have been good to us this year giving us easy oposition (Chelski, Villa, Birmingham) and with QPR beaten 2 weeks prior, we were confident of the win. An early scare saw them take a shock lead but we then dominated the game and although it took extra time, the better team won on the day.

English Premier League

Manchester United [3]: Smylie, Ammendolea, Eto'o

West Bromwich Albion [0]:

Mark has an ever improving reputation in the EPL. Not having the best of times at Newcastle saw him switch to The Baggies and a few decent buys have lifted the club. The visitors were in good spirit coming to OT but that was quickly stamped out with 2 goals in the opening 10 minutes. Mark needs a good summer to keep up with the rest of the Premiership.

English Premier League

Portsmouth [0]:

Manchester United [2]: Ammendolea, Eto'o

After hammering Nielsen's Pompey 9-0 at Home, he was out for revenge big time. I saw this game as a massive test of Champions material and we passwd with flying colours. Pompey were never able to get going with Pazzini having another poor game and once Ammendolea gave The Reds the lead, the result was a formality.

English Premier League

Manchester United [3]: Chivu, Silvano, Eto'o

Newcastle United [0]:

With Chelski still not slipping up, i had to keep the pressure on and with already relegated Newcastle visiting, i couldn't have wished for an easier game. A 30 yard screamer from Chivu started a United onslaught and i'm dissapointed only 3 goals were scored. Eto'o getting on the scoresheet again makes me wonder whether or not its a good idea to sell.

English Premier League

Blackburn Rovers [1]: Stead

Manchester United [0]:

Oh the ups and downs of football management. Chelski slipping up at Pompey meant if i won this and my final league game, United would pip the russians to the title. What a place to lose it though, at my old stamping ground against i team i built. Stead dealt us the killer blow after 36 minutes and although we huffed and puffed, we couldn't move the irrepressable Andersen in goal. This loss meant Chelski had deservadly won the league as they were top for pretty much all the season despite us pushing them all the way.

English Premier League

Manchester United [3]: Ronaldinho, Ammendolea, Huth

Birmingham City [1]: Fernandez

A nothing game in which we took the lead after a fine Ronaldinho effort saw us make a few changes at half time. Ronaldinho was put in goal, Saja was sent up front along with Ferdinand and Huth in a makeshift 2-5-3 formation. Sadly, this saw us score twice more as Ben yet again failed to beat me. A late goal from Fernandez no more than a consolation and Jackson must be wondering what he has to do to beat United.

F.A Cup Final

Tottenham Hotspur [2]: Torres, Gambino

Manchester United [1]: Eto'o (i think)

If you want to ever see a keeper playing superman, watch this game. Akinfeev, 10, MOM, unstoppable, penalty saving muppet. The Spurs team i built failed to play, and, although taking the lead twice, it was 1 way traffic from the off. There first, poor marking from a throw in resulting in an easy finish for Torres. Another of my buys Gambino finished amazingly to make it 2-1 again undeserved. 2nd half, we pushed on looking to equilise, but Akinfeev was just not going to be beaten. One on ones, close range headers, long range piledrivers nothing was beating him. United then recieved a penalty but yet again Akinfeev rubbed salt into his ex managers wounds and Spurs held on to a 2-1 win. Deep down, Pagi knows he has robbed United twice this season and even though Spurs are a good outfit thanks to me, revenge next season will be sweet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AsherDSSc:

Pagi knows he has robbed United twice this season and even though Spurs are a good outfit thanks to me, revenge next season will be sweet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooooook I forgot you were the manager this year Rick yeah well done on finishing 6th this season then won the Uefa Cup with Spurs and the FA Cup against multimillionaire united with the sort of players i dream about signing, ronaldinho ammedolea or whatever etoto Rooney Van Der Vart etc etc. in your first season in charge

Oh sorry no you weren't the manager this season were u ? and i looked at your record while at Spurs major honours = 0 oh sorry u won the coverted Euro Vase trophy didn't u my mistake. Thats the Intertoto to you and me icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by David Pagi:

and i looked at your record while at Spurs major honours = 0 oh sorry u won the coverted Euro Vase trophy didn't u my mistake. Thats the Intertoto to you and me icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually Pagi, I won the Euro Vase with Spurs icon_biggrin.gif

westbrom.gif

Bloody hell, it has only been a week since my previous update but there already is so much to report. The season has drawn to a close with my WBA team finishing 13th having taken over when they were 16th is a decent performance, which pleased my board as they tasked me to stop the club being dragged into the relegation quagmire at the bottom of the table- and to be honest we never looked like getting relegated, our lowest position being 16th and that was when i took over- so a comparitive success. I also won around the fans with my charm and dashing foreign disposition, and the rapport is improving by the day, an association i hope will continue for years to come. You see the thing was as a french manager i was never really made to feel welcome at Newcastle and my relationship with freddy Shepperd can be described as turbulent at best, with his unwavering demands at reducing squad size and wage a debilitating factor. Indeed on one occasion i raised a transfer kitty of 18m through the sale of players and over the close season the money disappeared- with my new transfer budget being under 4m- i would not mind if it had gone to reduce club debt incurred by the Jay DaCosta years in which cash was ****ed away, but the debt remained the same-rumours that Freddy Shepperd has recently purchased a new leer jet are being bandied around the press! Enough was enough and i resigned while Jeremy Pearce was more than ready to take a punt on me. Straight away my professional relationship with Mr.Pearce was already twice as productive as that of my equivalent relationship with the NUFC chairman. The boss indicated that a reasonable transfer kitty is available if i wished to spend it but i preferred to wait till the end of the season a la Arsene Wenger before i moulded the squad as i wished to.

Results and Scorers

WBA 1-1 Arsenal (Away)

Goals Delgado,Henry

Tough game away to gooners with WBA taking an early lead through the prolific Delgado, after this i sat deep hoping to defend the one goal lead- which nearly worked but Henry struck late on to give the gooners an undeserved point- still a good performance.

WBA 2-3 Schalke (Away UEFA Cup)

Goals Haested,Fletcher

In short we dominated the game but came away with a loss courtesy of two gorgeous goals hit from distance and an unfortunate goal mouth scramble- a sound performance none the less though from the team in general.

WBA 3-0 Schalke (home UEFA Cup)

Goals Philips,Delgado,Cipriani

Dominated the game from first to last and could have won by more- the strikers hitting everything but the back of the net, however the pressure told as 1 goal led to 3 as the defence caved in ensuring UEFA cup progression for the baggies.

WBA 2-2 Brum (FA Cup 5th Round)

WBA 1-4 Brum

A competitive first leg gave way to a comprehensive loss in the away leg- with 3 Brum goals in 4 minutes killing the game- a moment of madness i fear.

WBA 1-1 Fiorentina

WBA 1-4 Fiorentina

A winning draw away in which the game should have been put to bed but finished a draw which cost us as we lost 4-1 at home, due to my absence from the session angryfire.gif

WBA 1-3 Pompey

A good team came to WBA and took all the points- in a comftable victory over my team, epitomising my season points were lost to easily at home.

WBA 2-0 Sheffield Wednesday

Goals Delgado,Cipriani

Against bottom placed Wednesday we needed 3 points to avoid embaressment and got them in an easy shut out victory.

WBA 3-1 Newcastle

Against my old team nothing less than a comprehensive win would be acceptable and for once the lads listened to me as they went out and smashed 3 past NUFC immediately Alliadiere grabbing a late consolation goal for the visitors- revenge was had haha.

WBA 1-0 Blackburn

A team fighting for a lower midtable position like myself was welcomed to Rovers stadium and a strike just before the interval a stunning strike from Delgado earned us the victory and me the manager of the month award for march. icon_cool.gif

WBA 1-5 Bolton

SImply put i was thrashed courtesy of fixture congestion d'oh.

WBA 1-1 Liverpool

At anfield i set a defensive formation and scored on 30 mins with a gorgeous free kick from vandermieren, and planned to hold out for the win- unfortunately once again my opponents scored late on- this time in injury time wahhhhhhhhhh. icon_frown.gif

A few more fixtures that i can't be assed to list-hey its getting late and i have 3 broken fingers so go to hell.

icon_wink.gif

So as the season draws to a close i look to the future and into implementing my transfer policy so here are the comings and goings at The Hawthorns

IN

S. Vukcevic

B.Watson

M.Dinjar

E.Scorza

G.Heinze

T.Sivok

Total value of players Bought= 18.8m

OUT

R.Faber

V.Cirillo

A.Bertelli

I.Amaya

D.Fletcher

D.Zokora

k.Haestad

M.Vuorinen

P.Mtiliga

J.Simpson

D.Roberts

J.Clarke

A.Vargas

R.O'Bryan

Total value of players sold= 27.8m

Well my aims for this season are to finish higher than the previous season(13th) and to have a go at the cups- time to get some silverware! I would also like to have soemsuccess against rival Brummie teamsas its always nice for the fans and more importantly to make "The Hawthorns" in to a fortress where teams struggle to pick up points- optimistic i know but i think we lost too many home games!

Fingers dying now so adios amigos......"its been emotional"

everton.gif

Pre-season 2010/11

Well pre-season is underway as my seventh season in charge of Everton begins in 2010/11. For the Toffees the story has been a depressing one and all about trimming the squad to face the reality that our wage bill is way too high for a team not competing in the European Champions League. I'm afraid that the good old days where I could splash some major cash each summer appear to be over, as the Everton board handed me a pathetic £1.4m pounds they had the cheek to call a "transfer budget" (I mean even Williams at Man City is a rich git in comparison.) The instruction was given that any further cash would have to be raised by player sales. On another note, the stadium was enlarged - by a massive 4000 seats - whoop di doo - bringing our capacity up to 44000.

The pre-season has also resulted in Mo Ilyas returning to his previous policy of sending nuisance calls, faxes, emails, text messages to the Everton management, as he did not hide the fact that he was out to take advantage of Everton's financial position and need to sell players. Just to set the scene, Murphy bent the EPL Challenge rules last year to allow Mo to offload a few Bosmans he had bought and subsequently couldn't afford without the threat of financial ruin at Craven Cottage. Mo was able to raise £30m and as a result Fulham now have one of the wealthiest budgets to spend this summer. Yet, despite the clear notice on Gael Clichy that the asking price was £11m pounds, Mo was quickly onto our office with a meagre £3m bid that was immediately refused with Murphy beginning to mutter obsenities under his breath. Then Renato is being harked about Europe and the Premiership by myself as up for sale. The player is worth £4.7m pounds though admittedly I would accept less to remove his salary of the wage bill. Next thing I know the phone rings and Mo is on going "I give you £1m ponds for him." "Go to hell Mo", is my eloquent response but still Mo comes back again this time on Boumsong!!! A £2.7m pounds bid for Boumsong who I had just transfer listed. Although to be fair, on this occasion Mo has actually met the value of the player, Mo needs know that Murphy will not be selling to Fulham at all - as every year they try to screw you over on player transfers - and now that he has £30m I have no sympathy for him as he is richer than Everton!!

Moving on from my irritating friend down at Fulham, Murphy has managed to offload some players. The best deal has to be picking up £10m from WBA manager Mark D'Ardenne for Tomas Sivok, the last remaining Everton player to have been there throughout the Murphy era. A very talented defensive midfielder, I am sure Sivok will do a great job for Mark but I am delighted to have turned a £9.4m profit on the 26 year old midfielder. Other players out - £70K a week Radoi off to German football for £6.75; Lauth also returning to Germany raised another £8m; the sale of winger Gonzalez also brought in £8m pounds. Peralta was offloaded for £6.75 which allows me to announce a major signing alongside a few bargains and gambles:

Vincent Kompany signs on at Goodison Park for £12m

Yep the 24 year old Belgian international has swapped Danny King's Chelsea for Murphy's Everton in a £12m deal. As Kompany is a pacy defender, I'm hopeful that my first choice pairing of him and Nigel De Jong next season will be a success. Was surprised that Danny offloaded the defender and after being put in the difficult position of choosing to sign him or spend more money on Daniele Di Rossi (and also deny the Goat the priviledge), we gave the go ahead for Kompany to join the club. More pleasing was the fact that the club we beat to his signature was none other than Fulham!!!

Hoping to announce a few more signings over the coming weeks....Oh - I did also get Suazo a 30 year old forward who did quite well for Villa last season. I'm sure he will settle in well icon_biggrin.gif

chelsea.gif

Chelsea is flying high at the top of the premiership with only a few games to go, with only Manchester United or Aston Villa able to catch them to win the premiership crown. Full credit to Sam, Rick, Niall and Andy for making this one of the best premiership seasons I have been involved in for a long time.

As promised from my last post I give you all the lasted transfer dealing from Stamford Bridge as Chelsea look to buy the title.

Players In…

Luca Carretto from WBA for 5 million

I have been after Luca for many years but Chris Morris would never sell him. Once I did have a deal to sign Carretto but Chris pulled out at the last minute. As Chris once said about Carretto

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What a great player he is. Not a great goal scorer but a scorer of great goals. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Vincent Kompany from Tottenham for 12 million

With the Chelsea back line all hitting 30+ one of the first thing I had to do was to bring down the age of the team. Vincent indeed looks a useful player would can play in either defence or midfield. This will be the fourth EPL manager that Kompany has played under and at the press conference he had this to say about he’s old managers

On Sam

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sam with always be close to my heart as he gave me my first break in the premiership. Tottenham played some good stuff under Sam making the Champions League in the process but he couldn’t take us to the next level and with a trophy. It was a sad day when Tottenham sacked him but I’m glad to see him doing so well at Villa Park. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On Rick

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If Rick spend as much time on the training field as he did down the pub in his time at Tottenham I’m sure we could have gone on to win something under his management. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On Pagi

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I didn’t get to spend much time working with him as I was sold almost straight away when he was installed as our new manager. I could time my time was up when he came on to the training field and didn’t look me in the eye when we shook hands. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anthony Vanden Borre from Tottenham for 7 million

Vanden Borre is another one of the spurs utility players who can play in defence and midfield if needed. Again only young at 22 years old and he will turn into a top player for the club.

Christan Pander from Birmingham for 9 million

Pander was one of my old signing from my time as Birmingham City manager and I knew what a good player he was. With Wayne Bridge my only other left who is almost reaching 31 years old I decided Pander would make a good long term option.

Dimitar Berbatov from Manchester United for part/ex

Again another player I worked with under Birmingham city that is as lethal in front of goal as any other forward in the premiership. I sold him to Manchester united for almost 40 million but he never found his turn form there.

Tuncay Sani from Manchester United for part/ex

Tuncay was also part of the deal that brought Berbatov to Stamford Bridge. A player worth over 30 million and will take Rosicky place in the team until he recovers from injury.

Players Out…

Nicky Hunt to Aston Villa for 1.8 million

Nicky never broke into the team once I was the manager and with all my new buys I was glad the Villa could offer him first team football. I wished him all the best for the future.

De Sanitics to Leverkusen for 1 million

De Sanitics could never displace Ellegaard from the first team and when Robbo was signed from Tottenham he couldn’t even get on the bench.

Daniele Bonera to Juventus for 17.75 million

A class right back that I was said to see leave but this was a big offer for a player and with Kompany and Vanden Borre coming into the Chelsea team. I wish I could have kept him but the board said I had to sell to balance the books.

Ammendolea to Manchester United for part/ex

This was the biggest deal of the summer that saw Berbatov and Tuncay move to Stamford Bridge and Ammendolea move to Old Trafford. I was sad to let Ammendolea leave but the deal was just too big to turn down with Tuncay and Berbatov worth almost 55 million together and Ammendolea was only worth just over 12 million I couldn’t say no. Rick is building a young team for the future so this was a good deal for him and I needed players because of the amount of game I was playing and the injuries I had suffered.

Results…

Carling Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg

Chelsea 1

Nilmar 38

Fulham 1

Vonlanthen 63

Man of the Match: Vonlanten 9/10 Fulham

Attendance-42412

Refereed by Barry Knight

With already being 3-1 up from the first leg I rested a few players but not many as Fulham is always a tough team to play against. Fulham had the better of the first half with my goal keeper making a big **** up passing the ball straight to a Fulham player who lucky enough couldn’t finish. Then after that chance Chelsea score with almost there first attack against the run of play to take the lead at half time. Second half and after some changes Fulham come up the attack again and finally get there reward thanks to Vonlanthen who looks like he was a top signing by Mo. That’s the way the game ended with Fulham being one of a few teams to outplay Chelsea this year at Stamford bridge. 1-1 Draw 4-2 win overall

Premiership Game 25

Birmingham 0

Chelsea 2

Berbatov 11, 51

Man of the Match: D’Alessandro 10/10 Chelsea

Attendance-39888

Refereed by Howard Webb

Going back to my old club always fills me with emotion. This time it was two of Birmingham City old boys in Berbatov and D’Alessandro who stole the show. It was D’Alessandro setting up both of Berbatov goals and running the show from midfield. I can see Ben is finally getting Brum playing good football and there making there way up the league. 2-0 Win

Premiership Game 26

Sheff Wed 0

Chelsea 3

Postiga 40 Berbatov 62 Tuncay 75

Man of the Match: Ballack 9/10 Chelsea

Attendance-39748

Refereed by Mathew King

There is a big difference in class between these two teams and it showed out on the pitch. Chelsea was in control from start to finish and the result was never in doubt with some flowing football from my team. I’m pleased to say man of the match Ballack has signed a new 1 year deal to stay at Chelsea. 3-0 Win

Premiership Game 27

Chelsea 3

Nilmar 28, 48 Cani 87

Tottenham 0

Man of the Match: Nilmar 10/10 Chelsea

Attendance-42432

Refereed by Graham Poll

Spurs have a new manager who is finally turning Tottenham season around with some good results. Against Tottenham Nilmar was in the mood to play and was unstoppable in this match with 2 goals and the man of the match award. Cani also got into the act with the 3rd goal to seal the 3 points. This was a great result after Pagi had managed to beat Ricks Manchester Utd only a few weeks before. 3-0 Win

Premiership Game 28

Middlesbrough 1

Beattie 49

Chelsea 6

Carrick 15, 39 Mutu 19 Yago og 33 Tuncay 47, 86

Man of the Match: Mutu 10/10 Chelsea

Attendance-40595

Refereed by Stephen Williams

Only a few season ago Boro were Uefa cup champions and was flying high in the league but the way they are playing now there heading for the drop into the championship. I have never seen a team play so bad before and Chelsea just ripped them apart. I’m sure there old manager Ligs would turn in his grave if he saw the game.

6-1 Win

Premiership Game 29

Chelsea 5

Nilmar pen 10, 33, 37 & 70 Cani 35

Arsenal 1

Henry pen 90

Sent off: Wayne Bridge Chelsea

Man of the Match: Nilmar 10/10 Chelsea

Attendance-42430

Refereed by Jason Wilkinson

They say to win any title or cup you need some luck and that what I got in this game. Thanks to a crash in the game after I had just drawn this game 3-3 but I was able to replay this tie (Thanks Niall £10 is in the post icon_wink.gif). Played with the same team but this time my keeper didn’t make a **** up in the first 3 minutes and gift Arsenal a goal. Nilmar was in the mood this time and destroyed Arsenal with 4 goals. Only down side was Wayne Bridge getting sent off buy hay I’m not moaning. 5-1 Win

FA Cup 5th Rd

Leicester 0

Chelsea 2

Carrick 81 Berbatov 86

Man of the Match: Vanden Borre 9/10 Chelsea

Attendance-29851

Refereed by Stephen Williams

A chance to rest some players as the FA cup isn’t high on my list this season. The guys left this tie to late win but Carrick who has been on fine form whenever he is asked to play scored the first and set up the second for Berbatov. 2-0 Win

Champions League Knockout Stage 1st Leg

Deportivo 1

Diego 56

Chelsea 3

Berbatov 62 D’Alessandro 73, 90

Man of the Match: Ellegaard 10/10 Chelsea

Attendance-34506

Refereed by Pierluigi Collina

There nothing like a big European night to get the blood running and this encounter was a trip over to Spain to face Deportivo. First half was a tight affair with either team wanting to lose an early goal. Second half the game was sprung into life by Diego scoring a lovely goal taking on two defenders and shooting in to the bottom right hand side corner.

This gave Chelsea the wake up call they needed with Berbatov guiding the ball into the top corner to level the game. Then a double from D’Alessandro gave us the win and advantage going into the second leg. 3-1 Win

Carling Cup Final

Manchester United 3

Ronaldinho 18 Silvano 81 Eto 87

Chelsea 2

Berbatov 7 Nilmar 39

Man of the Match: Ronaldinho 9/10 Manchester United

Attendance-89982

Manchester United Team

GK Saja 7

RB Siena 7

LB O’Shea 8

CB Huth 4

CB Chivu 7

DMC Baptista 7

MC Smylie 7 sub 67 min’s Ammendolea 7

MC Ronaldinho 9

MC Vaart 7 sub 67 min’s Silvano 8

FC Cerci 7 sub 67 mins Eto 8

FC Rooney 8

Chelsea Team

GK Ellegaard 8

RB Gallas 7

LB Pander 7

CB Terry 7 ©

CB Nesta 7

DMC Carretto 7

MC D’Alessandro 7

MC Tuncay 7 sub 77 min’s Carrick 7

AMC Cani 7 sub 88 min’s Boateng 7

FC Berbatov 7 sub 53 min’s Cassano 7

FC Nilmar 8

What have I got to do to win this bloody cup icon_frown.gif? This is the third time I have been to the final and I haven’t had one piece of luck so far. Fair play to Manchester United manager Rick Boult for his team deserved win but it still doesn’t make it any easier. First off in this game I tried to get my dmc to back track Ronaldinho runs from midfield as so far every time I play Rick whoever plays in that position always gets a goal usually two or three. Game plan starts of well enough with Berbatov scoring against his old club after 7 minutes but the joy doesn’t last long when Ronaldinho picks up the ball and scores (well my game plan didn’t work). Nilmar again gives Chelsea the lead just before half time after some fine work from Cani. Second half and Manchester United start to put the pressure on Chelsea and the more the game goes on the more they look like scoring. I was afraid of this our fitness level was poor due to us only playing in Spain 4 days before. Then with 9 minutes left United deals us a killer double blow with 2 goals to win the game and the pc was about to go flying out the window. icon_frown.gif3-2 Defeaticon_frown.gif

A statement after the game King said

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Well done to Rick on this fine win for his team. Manchester United was the better team on the day and deserved the win. I’m sure this will be the first of many trophies’ he wins as the manager of Manchester United as with the great young team he is building and his tactical knowledge of formations he could truly become one of the great managers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Premiership Game 30

Chelsea 0

Charlton 0

Man of the Match: Kozacilk 8/10 Charlton

Attendance-42421

Refereed by Uriah Rennie

It’s always hard picking the lads up after a defeat in a cup final. We just didn’t play well with little to shout about in the first half. Second half we started to show a bit of class but just couldn’t find our way pass Kozacilk in the Charlton goal. In the end a draw was about the right result for both teams but I left the ground feeling disappointed as Chelsea was top of the league and Charlton was 17th. 0-0 Draw

Champions League Knockout Stage 2nd Leg

Chelsea 4

Cani 2 Berbatov 26 Tuncay 52 Mutu 84

Deportivo 0

Man of the Match: Tuncay 10/10 Chelsea

Attendance-42354

Refereed by Michael Weiner

This was a 5 star performance from my team after the last couple of results and was made easy after a great early goal from Cani against his fellow countrymen. There was only one team in this game with Chelsea outplaying Deportivo from start to finish. Chelsea are looking good in Europe but only time will tell if we can go the way until the final.

4-0 Win

FA Cup Qtr Final

Chelsea 1

Boateng 31

QPR 1

Mozart 19

Man of the Match: Gallagher 8 /10 QPR

Attendance-42424

An early free kick from QRP put Chelsea under pressure when Mozart slotted it over the wall. Boateng leveled the game for us after some fine work from Carrick in the midfield area. With Chelsea pressing for a winner they just couldn’t find a way pass Gallagher who was in fine form in the QRP goal. A draw is the last result we needed as it means we will have to play an extra game. 1-1 Draw

Premiership Game 31

Chelsea 1

Carretto 90

Fulham 0

Man of the Match: Tuncay 9/10 Chelsea

Attendance-42423

Refereed by Barry Knight

We found the usual brick wall built in the Fulham goal for most of the match. It just didn’t look like it was going to be our day and again Fulham played some good stuff.

This was the first time I started to believe we were going to win the league when Carretto hit the winning goal with the last kick of the game. I feel sorry for Mo yet again as he hasn’t had any luck against me yet but this was a much needed victory against a good Fulham side. 1-0 Win

Premiership Game 32

Everton 1

Gilardino 6

Chelsea 2

Carretto 35 Tuncay 56

Man of the Match: Petrov 9/10 Everton

Attendance-40242

Refereed by James Knowles

Never beaten Mr. Murphy at Goodison Park but this was the first time I had taken my Chelsea team there. Only a couple of days before Niall had given my premier league hopes a boast in beating Manchester United 4-1. We couldn’t have wished for a worse start when Gilardino gave Everton the lead in the 6th minute. Then Carretto scored a 30 yard effort after some great team play with at least 15 passes in it. Tuncay then gave us the lead in the second half from close range. After we taken the lead it all Everton as they look to level the game but after some poor finishing or some great defending from my team we took the 3 points. Really should have only got the draw as Everton played some good stuff and Petrov yet again got man of the match against me. 2-1 Win

Champions League Qtr Final 1st Leg

Monaco 1

Yapo 76

Chelsea 1

Nilmar 5

Man of the Match: Roma 9/10 Monaco

Attendance-18436

Refereed by Michael Weiner

This was a great draw for us getting the second weakest team left in the competition after Portsmouth. We really should have wrapped this game up in the first leg but we didn’t play at our best and again the opposition goalkeeper was in great form in between the sticks. 1-1 Draw

Premiership Game 33

Chelsea 1

Postiga 87

Man City 2

Chamakh 10 & 12

Man of the Match: Legrottaglie 9/10 Man City

Attendance-39636

Refereed by Matthew King

Rested some of the 1st team as Monaco second leg was only a few days away and it back fired big time at Stamford Bridge. What a crap game if you’re a Chelsea fan with Man City scoring 2 goals in 2 minutes with there first 2 attacks and this knocked Chelsea for six as they just couldn’t get going. Second half we came more into the game but our best chances fell to Mutu who is about to join City in the summer and on the form his on couldn’t hit a barn door at the moment. Postiga gave us a lifeline in the 87 minute but it was too little to late. Congratulations to Mr. Williams on his team’s result.

2-1 Defeat

Champions League Qtr Final 2nd Leg

Chelsea 6

Berbatov 12, 46 Cani 14 Nilmar 21, 27 Tuncay 46

Monaco 1

Kallon 17

Man of the Match: Tuncay 10/10 Chelsea

Attendance-36379

Refereed by Pierluigi Collina

What a great result for Chelsea knocking 6 past Monaco after 46 minutes. We could have scored more but I deicide at half time being 5-1 up to give some players a rest as we had some important games coming up. Berbatov is really starting to find his form that once made him a 40 million pound buy and Tuncay is also looking the part in which could turn out to be one of the deals of the decade. 6-1 Win

Premiership Game 34

Aston Villa 3

Carvalho og 7 Baker 52 Cisse 70

Chelsea 2

Postiga 19 Berbatov 63

Man of the Match: Rubirosa 10/10 Aston Villa

Attendance-58525

Refereed by Howard Webb

This wasn’t a good time to be playing Aston Villa as they were flying high in the league and my players was having major fitness problems due to all the game they were playing.

Its not often Chelsea are outplayed from start to finish but in this game we was. With Manchester United winning yet again I started to feel the title was heading to Old Trafford after this game. 3-2 Defeat

Premiership Game 35

Chelsea 3

Postiga 16, 72 Ballack 84

QPR 0

Sent off: Bullard 74 min’s Cook 86 min’s both QPR

Man of the Match: Postiga 9/10 Chelsea

Attendance-42429

Revenge after QPR knocked us out the FA cup. There was no question about this result as Chelsea took them apart piece by piece. Postiga is really turning into a lethal finisher this season taking he’s goal well in this game. With Manchester United still winning again this was a must win game. 3-0 Win

Champions League Semi Final 1st Leg

Juv 2

Olivera 10 D’Agostino 34

Chelsea 2

Nilmar 4 Postiga 90

Man of the Match: Ellegaard 9/10 Chelsea

Attendance-68947

Refereed by Herbert Fandel

Again the draw had been kind to Chelsea giving us Juv in the semi (how hard could they be as they only scored 1 pass Portsmouth). Game started off well for us scoring inside 4 minutes but then it was all Juv as they had attack after attack. Olivera leveled the game for them and then shortly after that D’Agostino had given Juv the lead. Half time came and went but despite making a few changes we was still defending with our lives. Then against the run of play Postiga throws the tie open again will a well taken goal. We got lucky in this game but to win any cup you have to have a slice of luck.

2-2 Draw

Premiership Game 36

Arsenal 3

Henry 2, 87 Vieira 81

Chelsea 4

Berbatov 1 Cassano 19 Postiga 76 Pander pen 85

Man of the Match: Berbatov 8/10 Chelsea

Attendance-59985

Refereed by Peter Walton

Arsenal may be struggling in the league but there still a good team on there day which was proven by the fact that they have won the Champion League for the last 2 season and was still in the competition at the semi final stage this season. What a game with either side looking like they could defend. While we was playing Arsenal, Manchester United was playing Portsmouth away and I was hopeful Andy could get a result that could have taken the pressure of us but as usual he was beaten buy a better Utd team.

4-3 Win

Champions League Semi Final 2nd Leg

Chelsea 2

D’Alessandro 7, 61

Juv 1

Ibrahimovic 90

Man of the Match: Rosicky 9/10 Chelsea

Attendance-42367

Refereed by Carlos Megia Davila

Player of the season D’Alessandro took centre stage in this game scoring two wonderful efforts on goal. We deserved to win this game not maybe not the tie so Chelsea have reached there second European final under my management. Rosicky is also starting shine after his 5 month layoff. 2-1 Win

Premiership Game 37

Chelsea 4

Rosicky 33 Berbatov 41 D’Alessandro 74 Nilmar 86

WBA 1

Haestad 67

Man of the Match: Rosicky 10/10 Chelsea

Attendance-39212

Refereed by Uriah Rennie

WBA are not the team they once were under Chris Morris and now Mark has the job of turning around the team. Rosicky gives us the lead after 33 minutes with all the play going in the direction of the WBA goal in the first half. Second half and Berbatov doubles our lead with a well taken strike on goal and then with WBA first attacking highlight they score. That man again D’Alessandro then hit a 35 yard strike that hit the top of the net to gives us a 2 goal lead before Nilmar sealed another 3 points against Mark. 4-1 Win

Premiership Game 38

Portsmouth 1

Mascherano 33

Chelsea 1

Rosicky 53

Man of the Match: SWP 8/10 Portsmouth

Attendance-39627

Refereed by Simon Francis

What a final fixture for the Title against last seasons champions Portsmouth. Well If I had won this game it didn’t matter what happened at Blackburn or at Birmingham the following week. If I drew then Manchester United would have drop some points in those two games. This was a tight game with Chelsea going on the attack first but could only offer a few weak shots wide of the net. Then disaster stuck as Portsmouth scored with there first real attempt on goal and De Rossi getting taken of injured. I had to change my formation due to not having any other fit DMC. Second half Chelsea come on the attack and finally get there reward with a good goal from Rosicky and then pilled on the pressure but couldn’t get the deserved winner. As the final whistle went the news started to filter in that Manchester United had lost there game at Blackburn meaning the title was on its way to Stamford Bridge. 1-1 Win

faprem.gif

Boss Danny king was ecstatic after Chelsea clinched the Premiership title following their 1-1 draw at Fratton Park, who they dethrone as Champions

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Our group is a special group, they deserve this - nobody can say we don't deserve this. We were absolutely magnificent, the players and the fans.

I want to stay with Chelsea as long as I can. My heart is with the club

I also believes Chelsea owe a debt of gratitude to the club's Russian billionaire owner Roman Abramovich. "I think Roman deserves this title a lot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

After rushing on to the pitch at the whistle with his coaches to dance alongside his players in front of their fans, the manager paid tribute to his team.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The players deserve this more than anybody but I am very happy for the fans.. The way we were champions was not easy. It is the mentality, ambition and desire. When we have to fight, we fight, when we have to play, we play, when we have to suffer, we suffer, and always together. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Skipper John Terry, who later drank champagne with the manager in the dressing room, is in no doubt of the significance of King’s influence.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The manager has been magnificent. I can not speak highly enough of him as a man or manager. I’m so glad the board appointed Danny as out manager and not Mr. Nilsen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And it seems likely that Chelsea's grip on the Premiership will not be a brief one as King has already indicated his desire to begin talks over a new contract.

Now the Premiership was out thee way there was only the small matter of the Champions League Final.

Not only is it the showdown that will decide which of the two teams can claim the right to be called 'the best in Europe' but also some much needed prize and TV money for both teams. Last season's UEFA Cup success was a massive achievement but King is keen to repeat the club's 2004/05 European Cup triumph. If we are playing the most important match in the world we have to be happy. That's what I want from them. They will not be the worst players if we don't win. We've had a fantastic week of training and if the match was today they would be completely ready. There's nothing else to prepare, just to enjoy our presence here.

Caution will also be the watchword of King, even though his team will go into the match as favorites. He certainly didn't expect to be in this position and he revealed: "At the beginning of the season we didn't expect to get here. Our goal was to win the Premiership league and reach the Semi Final of the Champions League .

Champions League Final

Chelsea 3

Tuncay 20, 45 Cani 90

Inter Milan 0

Man of the Match: Bridge 9/10 Chelsea

Attendance-51146

Refereed by Markus Merk

What an awesome season winning the champions league and the Premiership in my first full season in charge at Chelsea. With a full house inside the stadium a few choice words to the lads gave them the boast they need and they took to the field like a pack of bulls.

With player of the season out after only 5 minutes Tuncay was sent onto the field of play and he didn’t take long to open his account in this game. Tuncay hit a double in the first half to put us firmly in control in this game. Second half and Inter did puff a bit but couldn’t break us down and then with the dieing seconds of the game Cani adds a close range effort to give us a WELL deserved win against Inter Milan.

3-0 Win

Chelsea Team

GK Ellegaard 8

RB Gallas 8

LB Bridge 9

CB Terry © 7

CB Nesta 8

DMC Cigarini 8

MC D’Alessandro 5 Injured 5 min’s Tuncay 9

MC Rosicky 8

AMC Cani 7

FC Berbatov 7 sub 74 min’s Drogba 7

FC Nilmar 8

Inter Milan Team

GK Stekelenburg 7

RB Cordoba 7

LB Maxwell 7

CB Adriano 7

CB Natali 7

MC Ewerton 7

MC Ernst 7 sub 72 min’s Dominguez 7

MR Andy Van Der Meyde 7 sub 81 min’s Battaglia 7

ML Motta sub 77 min’s Palombo 7

FC Marins 7

FC Adriano © 6

europeancup.jpg

More to follow soon icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AsherDSSc:

Awesome mate...

So good, i delayed drinking from my can of foster throughout icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks mate, didn't think anything could do that icon_biggrin.gif

Season 2010/11 Predictions

Andy - Portsmouth

Not one of Andy's best seasons with his team finished 4th, but having won the League title two seasons ago makes the final league position disappointing. With the quality in the team, Portsmouth should surely be pushing the top two in the league very hard this season.

League - 3rd

FA Cup - Semi Final

League Cup - Quarter Final

Ben - Birmingham

League - 7th

FA Cup - Quarter Final

With an outstanding manager finally in charge, Birmingham had a poor end to the season to leave them 8th in the

league and also ended up losing the UEFA Cup Final to Tottenham. With the manager looking for a squad overhaul in the summer, they should be one of the teams to watch but it'll depend on if they have the staying power to keep up with the top six.

Dan - Chelsea

Well, what can you say about last season for Dan? Winning the League and Champions League is probably the best achievement so far in EPL Challenge history. If Dan strengthens his squad even further then surely there'll be no stopping Chelsea further adding to their trophy cabinet again.

League - 1st

FA Cup - Semi Final

League Cup - Winner

Dave - Man City

Not a very good season for Dave down in Manchester, looking likely to be dragged into a relegation dogfight at one point but managed to pull away to finish in the lower half of the table. Will probably be another season of struggle, should have enough to not get dragged down into the relegation zone though.

League - 15th

FA Cup - 3rd Round

League Cup - 3rd Round

Mark - West Brom

After an ok campaign last season, Mark has shipped out plenty of players and brought in several of his own

players. Depending on how these new players settle in down at the Baggies, it should be a decent season down at the Hawthorns with the West Brom board happy to just avoid relegation which shouldn't be a problem.

League - 12th

FA Cup - 4th Round

League Cup - 3rd Round

Mo - Fulham

A good season for Mo's Fulham although it fell away at the end but still ending up with a respectable 9th place. With the Fulham board pushing the boat out with an extravagent transfer budget, it'll be a question of whether the manager spends the budget wisely if it's to be a successful season or not.

League - 10th

FA Cup - 5th Round

League Cup - 4th Round

Niall - Everton

Niall ended up finishing 5th as he experimented with a new tactic for next season. With Niall overhauling his Everton squad, it should be business at usual down on Merseyside and they could end up pushing the top three for most of the season.

League - 4th

FA Cup - Quarter Final

Pagi - Tottenham

A very succesfully campaign for Pagi as Tottenham ended up winning the FA Cup and the UEFA Cup double. With the amount of talent in the Spurs squad, it should be a successful season again but it'll take a big effort to split apart the current top five clubs in the EPL.

League - 6th

FA Cup - Quarter Final

League Cup - Semi Final

Rick - Man Utd

With such a talented squad at Rick's disposal, finishing 2nd in the league was a poor end to the season although Chelsea were virtually unstoppable last season, though winning the League Cup made is a relatively good season in the end. With Rick bringing in new players to further strengthen the squad, I can see him battling Chelsea all the way till the end of the season but just getting pipped to the post by Dan in the end.

League - 2nd

FA Cup - Winner

League Cup - Semi Final

Sam - Aston Villa

An outstanding season for Sam as he ended up finishing 3rd with his Villa team finally putting a decent run of games together as the quality of the squad finally started producing the goods. Sam's team might not reach the heights of last season and with the loss of Suazo to Everton, it'll depend how badly he'll be missed.

League - 5th

FA Cup - Quarter Final

apology.gif

Mo manager of Fulham would like to make a public apology to Niall Murphy manager of Everton after Niall fans (All 13 of them) threatened to form a legal action group against Mo icon_eek.gif . Niall is a great manager with integrity and it’s very sinister that he has not been given an OBE and become a moderator of the FMO forum. Mo would like to offer a public apology to Niall and his family for any distress caused in the wake of false assumptions and looks forward to putting this unfortunate situation behind him icon_frown.gif :

Niall had no part in the disappearance of Lig’s or any other managers who have missed games, like Sam in FA cup final. The fate of each manager is always in their own hands. Mo can state that Niall is a great host who attends promptly [apart from when Arsenal are playing live on TV, but does make it up by arranging extra sessions icon14.gif], who not only provides regular reports of his activities as the manager of Everton [usually lengthy game reports if Niall’s wins, sometimes bad game reports might be missing….just like Alex Ferguson taking his lads into the dressing room and not wanting to talk to reporters after a bad draw/ loss]. Niall has dedicated more time and effort than any other manager in setting up and maintaining the EPL website with updates of league and player tables [always up to date when Everton are leading the table] and the forum associated with the site. Mo would like to point out that this public apology has got nothing to do with the fact he has been made a moderator of the site icon_biggrin.gif! Also Mo would like to be disassociated with the press that Niall is known as ‘competitive dad’ by younger EPL managers. icon_redface.gif

fulham.gifSeason 6 Part Two – One and One make Eleven.

Season 6 end of season highlights.

Chelsea 1 – 1 Fulham League Cup Semi Final Leg 2

Mo tried to win this game against Danny’s high flying Chelsea who led 3-1 from the first leg. The best chance was to keep a clean sheet and try to get two late goal. Everything went to pot after Chelsea struck in the first half, Fulham played well and got a deserved equaliser in the second half. To be honest, Mo was thankful that Danny did not press the Fulham side too much, as a heavy loss would have been done a lot of damage to the Fulham squad. Mo wished Danny would go on to lift the cup this season.

Man Utd 2 – 0 Fulham EPL

Managed to hold Rick’s Man Utd until half time, then Ricks world class squad of strikers punished Fulham with two fine strikes late on.

Bolton 1 – 0 Fulham FA Cup 6th Rnd

If Fulham have a bogey team, that team is Bolton. Bolton took the lead and never looked back, a disappointing way to go out of the FA. At least we got further than Mr Murphy this year!

Fulham 0 – 1 Birmingham EPL

Ben has improved on an already strong Birmingham side. With the addition of Gonzalez a quality left back, a £10Million acquisition from Fulham in January, Mo believes that Ben will finish in the top 5 of next year’s EPL. Ben got his revenge over Mo by striking early in the first half and never looked back. Mo congratulated Ben, Ben replied back with ‘muahahaahahahahahaaha’! icon_biggrin.gif

Chelsea 1 – 0 Fulham EPL

Fulham never got out of their own half in this match and Mo was pleased that he would escape with a 0-0 draw after some heroics from the Fulham defence. Unfortunately Fulham were undone in the 90 minute to lose to their local derby rivals who dictated all the play and wondered as to how the game remained 0-0 for 90 minutes. A deserved win, and Chelsea still romping away in the league. icon14.gif

Fulham 0 - 1 Tottenham[\B] EPL

Pagi inherited a fairly strong squad who were lacking in leadership and languishing in the bottom half of the table. With Pagi at the helm and from Pagi’s previous reins in management, Mo thought that Pagi could only go one way in the EPL….and that was not up! Pagi has surprised Mo the most in winning game after game and this match was no different for Pagi. Mo can only say that the ref was atrocious in this game and Fulham were down to 8 men by the end of the match icon_mad.gif. Well done Pagi icon_wink.gif

Fulham 1 – 0 Everton EPL

A number of EPL fans have written in to Mo to provide a detailed report of this game, as Niall Murphy has failed to report on quite a few of his end of the season campaign when they failed to win hardly any games icon_biggrin.gif. Mo does not like to rub salt into old wounds..…but this time he will icon_razz.gif! Gilardino made a wonderful start into this game by diving in the penalty box. The ref got pushed around by Everton players into awarding a penalty. Gilardino stepped up to take the penalty and for the first time in Mo’s life, he prayed that Gilardino would miss the penalty and Niall would not respond with a ‘YEEESSSS’ shout from the dugout. Gilardino did not miss the penalty, Ochoa SAVED the penalty icon_smile.gif. Gilardino could not believe it, he looked around with his mouth open wide in a gasp to ask, how did I not score icon_eek.gif! To add insult to injury, Mo made the best substitute change he probably will ever make in his career next. Mo brought on Emerton into midfield and Emerton immediately made an impact into the game by shooting a long curling shot past the Everton keeper to give Fulham the lead. Everton pressed to equalise but did not create any real chances they pressed too little to make any impact onto the game.

Man City 1 – 1 Fulham EPL

David’s Man City led early on in this game and should have won this game. Dave was not present at the game so the assistant manager made all the decisions. Fulham pressed after going behind and where fortunate to get an equaliser with around 10 minutes left on the clock with city having the greater control of the game.

In other news, Fulham has created a new record in April by appearing in the 3 best goals of the month awards. Unfortunately the 3 goals of the month for April where not by Fulham players, but by other clubs all against Fulham! icon_frown.gif

Fulham finished 10th this year in the EPL with the board and fans wanting a top half finish, everyone was satisfied that it was an improvement over last year of finishing 13th. Fulham had a very good run in both the domestic cups and went out in the final stages of each competition, unlike Niall at Everton. With English teams lifting the European cup and vase, Fulham at 10th have qualified for next seasons intertoto cup. Mo has to thank his fellow colleagues for doing so well in Europe that has allowed Fulham entry into the European competition. icon_wink.gif

Fulham ended up with a transfer fund of £32 million at the end of the season with 15Million in the bank. Unfortunately the stadium expansion did not take place down at London, when Niall protested that the property value would dip within the region and his property portfolio would take a dive icon_redface.gif. Fulham have a 30k capacity stadium unlike all the other clubs including Everton with a 44k stadium. Mo does not know what financial adviser he uses, but he should stop making false allegations that Manchester United make £8 million per game [Maybe Glaser has tripled the price of a ticket icon_biggrin.gif]. Fulham for next season announced that due to my extravagant spending the transfer budget will be limited to £30Million! icon_confused.gif Unlike Niall who has raised over £38Million pounds by selling 5 fringe players at Everton, Fulham’s whole squad can be bought for £20 million. icon_smile.gif In the transfer market, Mo will be spending cautiously and will hope to remain in the black, as Fulham may have £30 Million transfer kitty, they only have £15Million in the bank icon_rolleyes.gif. Contrary to Niall reporting that Fulham sold a few Bosmans before they had stayed a year at the club. Mo only sold Gonzalez to Birmingham after Mo rejected advances from Birmingham, but Niall stated that it was ok to do so. Mo now wishes he had not done that as a few other transfers went through to keep Fulham in the black, now Mo has to hear Niall every few minutes ringing him up and saying….’I let you sell a Bosman’…… icon15.gif.If Mo thought that Niall would be ever so low to do this, Mo would rather have risked going into administration than to have Niall entrap him icon_biggrin.gif.

Niall has been doing underhand tricks in the transfer market angryfire.gif. Mo approached Danny at Chelsea about selling Vincent Kompany for £12Million. After a week of negiotation Danny agreed to sell Kompany, unfortunately Niall tapped up Kompany and hijacked the deal my his greater financial influence to take Kompany to Everton, life is tough when you are a small club! Somehow I think Everton will be more dangerous to the teams around them than Fulham, as they will be pushing for honours on all fronts. Gael Clichy who had been indicated by Niall would be allowed to part with Everton; Fulham submitted a £3 Million offer for the £3 million rated defender, when Niall saw this he slapped a £11 Million tag on the player. Renato, a 31 year old Bosman acquisition by Everton was up for sale, Fulham offered £2.5Million. Everton snubbed the offer and touted him all over the world, when nobody should interest in Renato. Niall knocked on Fulhams doors saying if Fulham are interested to buying Renato for £2.5 Million. Mo stated ‘ No thank you, we have better options’ [Not that Mo had better options, it just felt good to say it, considering our initial offer was rebuffed! icon_biggrin.gif]. Then there is Boumsong valued at £2.7 Million who Niall transfer listed at initially £5Million, when nobody showed any interest. Niall offered Boumsong for £2.7 Million once, a realistic price for a 30 year average defender. Mo submitted a bid of £2.7 Million, Niall duly rejected the bid because it was from Mo icon13.gif.

The Eurovision votes took place as to how well people did. Mo ended up [The glass is half full] as the 8th best manager in the EPL! Niall has been ballot rigging again, [Apart from the fact that Chris is still in the manager standings and Ligs is not, Maybe Ligs was so great that his score was not attainable!] with Niall and Goat coming in joint 5th. The normal procedure for competition is that people coming in jointly share the sum of the two relative positions they would have ended up in if the scores were not the same. E.g. 5th and 6th scores are 6 points and 5 points respectively. A joint award for 5th place is calculated as [(6+5)/2=5.5] not as 6. Hopefully attacks suggestions this will keep my friend up north busy to ponder. icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

Fulham will once again try to stay a decent mid table position, stay in the black and ask for the stadium to be expanded if Fulham are ever to progress in the EPL.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by keedo666:

£20 milion for your whole team MO?-Ithink i'll take you up on that offer- who shouldi make the cheque payable too? icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by keedo666:

£20 milion for your whole team MO?-Ithink i'll take you up on that offer- who shouldi make the cheque payable too? icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I might have underestimated the cost of a team rebuild, but I'm more than happy to take the £40Million on offer from you icon_wink.gif

Mo, if you want to run the game - be my guest. icon_wink.gif

Ligs was removed from EPL Vision for only completing three seasons (with a tactic that the majority of EPL saw as AI busting) - also with Man Utd while everyone else was at a pish club. If the fact Chris Morris is still there bothers you, maybe cos he is ahead of you like almost everyone else icon_wink.gif I can remove him as well. As it is I thought he participated long enough to continue to be included.

Your standards of greatness are obviously much lower than mine.

Niall, you are a good long time friend and host that I have the utmost respect for. I have never criticised you as host, to which you do a grand job. My report was in response to suggestions that Mo at Fulham was not up to it and therefore I had to reply to criticism from you under the Fulham banner. If you provide me with the ammunition and a gun, eventually I'll figure out how to fire it icon_wink.gif.

Chris or Ligs do not bother me. I'm not great at Fulham and I think you could be right, my standards are lower. icon_wink.gif

portsmouth_180.gif

Portsmouth once again show why they are quickly becoming one of the most feared teams in England with another successful season finishing 4th which insures a place in the CL for the third time in four years (something that no other EPL manager can say they have achieved).

Last season we had to contend with Danny’s Chelsea and Rick’s Man United also known as the whores of EPL giving there sugar daddy’s what they want whenever they want it (cant go into this much more or else they will send there henchman round which I cant be dealing with when I’m concentrating on winning the title fro the second time).lets just say Abramovich as an even larger smile than usual and Danny now walks like a penguin. icon_eek.gif

Stats in EPL

Final League Position - 4th

Goals - 88

Conceded - 49

Top Goalscorer - Pazzini 37

Most Assists - Blondel 18

Best Average Rating - Blondel 7.80

Fans Player Of The Year Award - Pazzini

Pazzini scored 30 league goals breaking the EPL record by 7 previously set by Henry. He went on to say

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> there is only one man to thank for my remarkable season and that is the man who taught me everything I know, my master and most importantly the man who can turn any team into the next big thing as he has shown here at Portsmouth ……………. Andy Nilsen! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nilsen went on to state

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I don’t think I can take credit for Pazzin’s succ……… Oh f**k it I take full credit, if it wasn’t for me he would be nothing but I have turned him into the most devastating striker the world as ever seen. He will never leave Portsmouth as he is under my control thanks to mind control which my good friend Mo taught me. He is only one of many under my control and soon I will unleash this army to take over the world of football for good muahahaahahahahahaaha </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now for next season I am aiming to once again over achieve with such a small club by challenging for the title.

My main challengers will be from

Chelsea

Money Money Money is the way Chelsea succeed with Danny ‘The Penguin’ King receiving more than ever which has enabled him to bring in such quality like Robinho.

United

Basically the same as Chelsea. Its still unknown whether Boult will make the side his own or stay with the same squad he inherited.

Everton

Actually thinking about it why am I putting these down as challengers? They haven’t finished in the top 4 for 2 seasons in a row. icon_wink.gif

Aston Villa

Maybe a one season wonder maybe not. Only time will tell

To compete with Chelsea and United I need to bring in some new stars. Here are the ones so far

Pellegrini 10m

Betis went bankrupt so I was able to pick up a great bargain here. At only 25 he is worth 30m and bagged 60 goals in 118 games for Betis.

Diego 10m

Another forward brought in but this one is going to be the playmaker for Pellegrini and Pazzini.

Unlike The money boys, here at Portsmouth you have to sell to buy so out went

Valdez 15m

Scored 18 in 27 in a successful season for the striker unfortunately for him Pellegrini signed so he needed to go because of his high wages.

Baltisch 8m

A great right back, possibly the best right back in the league. He had to go for the same reasons as Valdez and when Hetinga joined in Jan he was always going to be the one sacrificed to help the financial state.

All I got to say to the other managers of EPL is JUST BRING IT!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goat261:

finishing 4th which insures a place in the CL for the third time in four years (something that no other EPL manager can say they have achieved) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you find your not the only one.

2xChelsea 1xBrum icon_biggrin.gif

everton.gif

Bright start for the Toffees

Four league games played and three wins and one draw for Everton putting the Toffees into second place. An encouraging start to the season for Murphy's boys.

Everton Team 2010/11

GK: Andreas Isaksson (28)

RB: Anthony Reveillere (30)

LB: Gael Clichy (26)

CB: Nigel De Jong (25)

CB: Vincent Kompany (24)

CM: Benoit Pedretti (29)

CM: Lorik Cana (27)

LM: Martin Petrov (31)

RM: Christian Wilhelmsson (30)

AM: Kim Kallstrom (27)

CF: Alberto Gilardino (28)

Squad:

DR: Kasper Bogelund (29)

CB: Joseph Yobo (29)

CB: Werner Wolf (22)

CB: Jouaville Jerome (21)

CM: Danny Briggs (21)

CM Roy Meere (21)

AM: Giovanni Dos Santos (21)

RM: Theo Walcott (21)

CF: Suazo (30)

CF: Borut Semler (25)

CF: Robert Vittek (28)

Over the summer the main aim was to ship out some of the huge earners and to bring down the average age of the team. Everton's main outlay in the transfer market was to buy Vincent Kompany for £12m. Otherwise, Everton have brought in a lot of young players over the summer (ranging in ages 15-21) that will hopefully provide the backbone of the new Everton teams over the next coming seasons.

FA Barclaycard Premiership

Blackburn Rovers 2 - 4 Everton

A tough opening match to the new season down at Ewood Park as last season Blackburn proved a very difficult team to beat on their own patch. However this season, they appear to have a very small squad and in my opinion could possibly be heading for the drop as they remain managerless at this point. Everton took the lead on 30 minutes when Vincent Kompany's shot was blocked and the rebound fell to Kim Kallstrom just outside the box to score Everton's first goal of the new seasonn. Just short of ten minutes later it was 2-0, Lorik Cana firing home well after a nice passing move saw Wilhelmsson pull the ball back to him. However, Blackburn fought back in the second half and brought the game back to 2-2 with two lovely goals from Stead and Paul Gallacher. Then it was time for Murphy to introduce the player who made the headlines for the most contoversial transfer of the summer, ex-Aston Villa free scoring striker Suazo entering the fray in place of Martin Petrov. And did he deliver? Did he just, with an immediate impact Suazo played a pass into Dos Santos who was one on one with the keeper. The young Mexican (on for Kim Kallstrom) should have scored but his shot was saved, the deflection going right to Suazo who knocked home from close range on 79 minutes. And two minutes later the Suazo show continued with a lovely run and finish from a Pedretti pass on 81 minutes wrapping up three points. A stunning debut for Suazo then at Ewood Park.

Everton 3 - 0 Q.P.R.

Expected to win our first home game of the season and the lads didn't disappoint. A well worked corner routine saw Gilardino set up Kallstrom for the opener on 7 minutes. Just after half time the Italian striker got off the mark himself for the season and on 55 that man Suazo notched his 3rd goal in two games.

Portsmouth 3 - 3 Everton

And so it was time for traditionally my toughest game of the season, away at Fratton Park where a quick check revealed that Pompey had beaten us in this fixture on every occasion since 2005, a losing streak of six games in a row. Andy Nilsen likes to think he has my team worked out and is forever claiming that "I know exactly who to mark." Nothing seems to motivate the Pompey boss more than a meeting with Everton as he dives into the tactical lounge every five minutes trying to work out a way to stop our team. icon_wink.gif Well I don't know what happened last night then, cos Portsmouth were very lucky to get away with a point, showing that Andy's title of "the luckiest manager in the league" is still very much intact. icon_wink.gif

Pompey took the lead on 12 minutes after a period of Everton pressure on the breakaway, Andy's new signing Baretto taking the ball on the right flank and crossing for Pazzini (in far too much space) to slot past Isaksson. However on 29 minutes, Gilardino showed why he is considered the "Daddy of Italian strikers", taking the ball just outside the D and unleashing a venemous shot in off the post that Weisse could only wave goodbye as it flew past him into the net. Great goal. 1-1 game on. For the rest of the first half, Pompey simply couldn't contain the Toffees and Everton were unlucky not to go in at the break ahead.

Into the second half and after more Nilsen tinkering, Pompey managed to regain the lead from a corner, Yankov beating De Jong in the air to score a good header. At this stage Pompey were beginning to play as Murphy noticed Nilsen had moved both his defensive midfielders to very deep positions in an attempt to snuff us out. On the hour Murphy made his move, substituting Kallstrom for Dos Santos, Petrov for Suazo and Clichy for Bogelund. Seven minutes later it was 2-2. Dos Santos running at Pompey and playing an exquisite pass into Gilardino who fired home in his accustomed style. Then two minutes later, Fratton was silenced as Wilhelmsson ran in on goal. Despite a couple of poofter challenges from Evra and Weisse, Wilhelmsson got through to put Everton 3-2 in front though somehow the goal was credited to a Hubschman og. icon_confused.gif . Cue Nilsen back to tactical lounge. And on 72 came the worst decision I have ever seen in my life as Pazzini got away with a repeat of Andy Gray's winner in the FA Cup Final in 1985. As Evra's cross came in, Pazzini elbowed, kicked and shoved Isaksson out of the way, leaving my Swedish keeper mortally wounded on the ground as Evra's cross sailed over everyone and into the back of the net. Jammy Jammy, dirty Pompey once again. angryfire.gif Murphy berated the fourth offical but as usual Nilsen had them in his pocket.

Gilardino through, chips wide. Pazzini hits bar but Baretto was offside anyway. Pedretti chips into side net. Both sides going for the winner. Cue more efforts from Dos Santos and Pazzini but neither side could claim the winner in what was a marvellous match and in the end a very pleasing point for the Everton side.

Everton 2 - 0 Tottenham

The most improved side in the Premiership and current FA Cup and UEFA Cup holders, Pagi's Tottenham Hotspur provided another tricky match a few days after the encouraging draw at Fratton. The opening 20 minutes were end to end with Everton's wide men causing problems for the Spurs defence and ex-Evertonian Calaio proving to be a handful for the Everton defence. On 22 minutes Everton edged in front as Wilhelmsson on the left flank moved onto Kallstrom's ball to open the scoring. Spurs came back strongly and had ten minutes of good pressure but after half time the game was sealed when Petrov squared for Wilhelmsson to notch his second goal which effectively wrapped up a very good three points.

Next on the agenda for Everton is Sam Bouchard's Aston Villa who have had a difficult start to the season with 2 draws and a defeat, although one of those draws was a 4-4 at Fratton Park which was a good result. Sam's side were one of the best last season and it will be very difficult to come away from Villa Park with any kind of result. Following that we have two winnable games vs Wolves and West Ham before we face a true test of our credentials this year with meetings against Danny King at Stamford Bridge and Rick Boult's Man Utd at Goodison Park.

birmingham.gif

2009/10 Season Review

All in all, finishing 8th and getting to the UEFA Cup final would be a good season in most club's books but I'm

too much of a perfectionist for last season to be considered a good season given that our form in the league

dropped off in the end after several months of great results over many of the teams in the league.

The drop in form cost us a higher place in the league and also ended up costing us the UEFA Cup as we simply didn't turn up for the match as Pagi's Tottenham team showed why they're one of the most improving sides in the Premiership.

The strike partnership of Fernandez and Owen up front was nothing short of spectacular and i'll be looking for more from them next season and with the unfortunate loss of Bouma in defence till December due to injury, i'll need the other defenders to step up and show what they're made of.

We'll be back in the UEFA Cup, which I'll be looking to make amends for after losing in the final and i'll be looking for a big improvement in the league so we can break into the top 5 group of teams in the league and show what we're made of.

I'll be looking to put together a squad of 24 as I think this will give us the best chance of covering any

potential injuries next season which will hopefully help us finish in 7th or better in the league.

8th - Played 38 Won 15 Drawn 12 Lost 11 Scored 54 Conceded 44

Squad Overview - 2010/11 Season

Jose Reina - GK

Bought for 7.25m from Villarreal to replace the departing Lobont, he'll definitely be the number one at the club for the coming season and looks likely to be at the club for several years. He'll more than make up for the loss of Lobont to Chelsea.

Kenneth Stenild - GK

Coming in from Barcelona, Stenlid will be fighting it out with Reina for the keeper's jersey but with Reina starting as number one, I'll be looking for top performances from Stenlid when he's called upon to give me a

hard choice over who to play each week.

Antti Niemi - GK

After being released by Southampton, Niemi has been brought in to act to be an experienced keeper to cover for

any injuries to the other two goalkeepers so will probably not play many games but will be good to know that

there'll be a keeper that I can rely on when needed.

Hugo Freitas - D/DMR

Coming into the club for a club record 14m, Freitas didn't live up to his initial promise which probably was down to him not settling in the area. But having now settled in, I'll be looking for a marked improvement in his performances for the club and for him to start justifying my faith in him.

Joao Dias - DR

Coming in on a Bosman from Porto, Dias has been brought in to provide competition for the right back position

in the team up against his Portugese compatriot Freitas. Has looked impressive in pre-season so far.

Mark Gonzalez - D/DML

Brought in from Mo's Fulham for 10m, Gonzalez has made the left wingback position his own. Will only become

a better player having time on his side and is a fan's favourite already.

Vratislav Gresko - D/DML

Experienced fullback brought in on a free transfer, Gresko will act as cover for Gonzalez down the left.

Brede Hangeland - D/DMC

An imposing figure in the centre of our defence, it took a hefty fee to bring him to Birmingham but after some

impressive performances last season, it's looking like money well spent. He adds invaluable experience to the defence and is one of the first names on the teamsheet every week.

Michael Dawson - DC

Being one of the few British players in the squad, Dawson had a good season last season and i'll be looking for

more of the same as he'll definitely be playing with the injury to Bouma leaving a big hole in defence.

Floribert Mbuyi - D/DMC

The young Belgian central defender was languishing in Rick's Man Utd team's reserves but I can see good potential in the player and at only 2.3m, he could turn out to be a very useful player for us at Birmingham

Phillip Bardsley - DRC

He's been at the club for several seasons and is very good backup for the central defender position but is

unlikely to figure much this season unless there's a few injuries with Hangeland and Dawson already ahead of

him in the pecking order for the centre of defence.

Luca Cigarini - DMC

Cigarini comes in from Chelsea with Huddlestone going the opposite direction in part-exchange. I've been a admirer of his footballing ability and couldn't turn down the chance to bring the Italian in to the club and he'll definitely be pushing Flamini all the way for the defensive midfielder position in the team.

Mathieu Flamini - DMC

A half decent season for the Frenchman after his 12m move from Merseyside but with Cigarini offering stiff competition for the defensive midfielder spot in the team, it might be the spur for Flamini to hit the form that he's capable of.

Mauro Esposito - AM/FRLC

Christopher Eagles - AMRC

Another of the few British players in the squad, Eagles had a very good season and could be depended upon whenever needed. Helps add depth to the squad and will be looking to displace Esposito, claiming the right wing position as his own.

Hatem Arfa - AM/FLC

Arfa was the most outstanding player last season, constantly causing teams problems with his amazing pace and

he made the left wing spot virtually his own last season. It surely won't be long before the big bids starting

rolling in for the Frenchman.

Freddy Adu - AM/FLC

Another of the top young talents in the squad, Adu played in several positions last season but did well whenever called upon. It'll be a tough job keeping Arfa out of the team but this could be his season to flourish.

Yildiray Basturk - AMC

Was simply outstanding last season revelling in the attacking midfielder position as he scored 12 times and had

20 assists as he turned into the figurehead for the mid-part of the season. With Harbuzi breathing down his

neck, I'll be hoping it'll spur Basturk onto even greater performances for the club.

Labinot Harbuzi - AMC

A 6m signing from Roma, Harbuzi has been brought in to strengthen the competition for the attacking midfielder

position which Basturk currently occupies which can only be a good thing. Also played for me at Middlesbrough so I know all about him.

Maciej Zurawski - FRC

Another free transfer signing, the experienced Zurawski will act as decent backup in case of injury to the first choice striking partnership of Fernandez and Owen.

Alejandro Fernandez - SC

Having not been much of a chance previously under the old management, Fernandez flourished last season ending up scoring 24 goals as he played in nearly all the matches. I'll be looking for a similiar return this season from the young Spaniard to help push us up the table.

Michael Owen - SC

A bargain at only 4.8m from Milan during the last season's January transfer window, Owen's experience leading the line was invaluable last season, also pitching in with 11 goals. Looks to have struck up a very good partnership with Fernandez which can only bode well for the coming season.

Marcus Rosenberg - SC

Bought in on a free transfer from Fulham, Rosenberg will be a very useful reserve striker in case of injuries

to Fernandez or Owen. Not likely to get many first team starts though.

Targets

1 - Finish 7th or higher in Premiership

2 - Reach Quarter Finals of FA Cup and League Cup

3 - Win UEFA Cup

manutd.gif

Summer ****up In Manchester

After a dissapointing end to the season losing to Spurs in the F.A Cup Final, United manager Rick Boult has seen drinking his sorrows in many a pub across Droylsden drowning his sorrows. In the company of his lovely lady Ms Brook, the couple have been knocking back shots of tequila, downing pints of lager and playing pass the ice with other local ladies. Times seem hard for Boult, but speaking to him on 1 of his nights out he seemed upbeat about the whole situation.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> 'God I'm ****ed' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although most of his time is spent in the local brewery, the Yorkshire born manager has still found the time to complete some impressive deal in the transfer market. With United only finishing 2nd in the league with no European football, his budget was limited to just 7.75 million and with a wage restriction of 1.4mil p/m.

Transfers In

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

| Player Name | Transferred From | Cost |

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------

| David Marshall | Celtic | Free |

| Stephan Murray | Olympiakos | Free |

| Ricardo Quaresma | FC Porto | Free |

| Jose Moreira | Benfica | Free |

| Boy-Boy Mosia | Nantes | Free |

| Ozbay Ilhan | G. Antsepspor | Free |

| Lebohang Mokoena | Athletico Madrid | 7 Million |

| Liam Horstead | Arsenal | 3 Million |

| Alfonso Delgado | Perugia | Free |

| Fabricio | Portsmouth | 2 Million |

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------</pre>

Players Out

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

| Player Name | Transferred To | Cost |

| Floribert Mbuyi | Birmingham City | 2.3 Million |

| Gabriel Heinze | West Bromwich Albion | 1.5 Million |

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------</pre>

manutd.gif

skylogo_default.gif

'Boult brings in another class act to Old Trafford'

The lines been used over and over again by media and pundits alike over the last 18 months, with United building an impressive array of talent. We hear at Sky Sports like to make up stores, but Boult's story is nothing short of heroic so we decided to compile a top starting 11 Boult may use along with 10 others on there books. These 10 players would make it into any Villa or Everton side yet can only find the bench at Old Trafford at the best of times.

The Squad

Looking at the squad, there seems to be a good mix of young an old. With the squad holding more attacking players, the rest of the Premierships defences must be wondering how there going to stop them.

The First XI

GK - Sebastian Saja

World Class goal keeping stats gained Saja a move to the Red Devils in January. Having previously learning his trade at Portsmouth, Sebastian makes mistakes which no doubt he's learn from his old manager. The United staff will have to erect this problem or ship him off for a younger, more reliable keeper.

DR - Giourkas Seitaridis

The Greek international was an ever present in the squad until the arrival of De Siena from Milan in January. Since then, Giourkas has worked hard in training and gained his place back leaving Davide time to develop his all round game in the reserves. Solid as a rock, Seitaridis could possibly be the best right back in the EPL.

DL - Dede

Without doubt the best all round left back in the world, Dede strengths are endless. The only downside is the age of the Brazilian, but with a couple of years left in him yet, i don't need to think about a replacement. Dede is the only defender given licence to go forward and will no doubt provide a few assists this season.

DC - Cristian Chivu

Legendary centre half who joined United before Boults reign but has been rejuvinated under his guidence. Covers Dede well when on the attack, his solid all round stats gained him a mention in last seasons defender of the year award. The only downside to Cristians play is his lack of goals from corners and set plays.

DC - Rio Ferdinand

As solid as ever, Rio has stayed clean the past few years and has been attending his drug test appointments. Scored 6 goals last year which is more than the entire Fulham strike force managed. His pace and awareness set him apart from the rest and always gives 100% no matter who he's playing.

DMC - Julio Baptista

The heart beat of the team. When he's not playing, United struggle to create and keep out the opposing team. Recently signed a new 120,000 a year deal keeping him at the club another 3 years, Julio will no doubt score a few more screamers and who knows, maybe pick up a trophy captaining the squad.

MLC - Rafael van der Vaart

Rafael was under intense transfer speculation during pre-season and the outcome is still yet to be resolved. I'm sure Boult would like him to stay, but money can talk. Controls the midfield well with a good pair of legs, he also chipped in with a few vital goals in last years campaign.

MRC - Daryl Smylie

Boy wonder as us at Sky Sports have nicknamed him, Smylie has it all. Joined Boult from his former team Tottenham Hotspur Daryl knows he brings the best out of him. A hefty 25 million pounds was spent to secure his signature but he's another the team find it hard to play without.

MC - Ronaldinho

Half the battle of playing United is keeping this man quiet. Ok, they have talent all over the field, but everything seems to go through the Brazillian maestro. A record amount of assist last season as well as being top scorer in all competitions for the reds, Ronnie knows he's held high in the hearts of all supports in the blue half of Manchester.

SC - Wayne Rooney

Having been out for the past 5 months, Wayne is looking to get back to full fitness in time for the start of the season. United missed his willingness to chase anything last year as well as his abilty to make magic happen. Has been used as a versitile player by Boult both up front and midfield, he could play keeper and still influence the game heavily.

SC - Alessio Ammendolea

Quite simply the best striker in the Premiership. Forget your Pazzini's and your Gilardino's this man is pure dynamite. Our camera's are yet to see him miss an opportunity and with United creating bucket loads, Alessio will surely end up scoring way over the 30 mark this season. Strong in the air and a good dribbler, he can also make chances out of nothing.

Squad Players

John O'Shea

Left sided cover for both Chivu and Dede. John played a handful of games last year and attracted the interest of other Premiership clubs, but Boult was keen to hang on to him and the player was happy to stay.

Robert Huth

Robert has came along way since leaving Chelski back in 2004. Fulham helped him progress but lack of silverware and european football saw him go to Old Trafford. With good defencive qualitys like any defender should have, Huth also has the abilty to hit 30 yard screamers which, if your opponents are intent on defending, is a good quality to have.

Fabricio

Recently aquired from Portsmouth, Fabricio will provide good solid cover for Baptista. Having only just settled in Portsmouth before his departure, Boult has been quick to take him under his wing and show him all that Manchester has to offer.

Antonio Silvano

How this lad is left on the bench is beyond me. The italian must find it hard sitting on the bench but plays well over half of Uniteds games in a season. He and Daryl Smylie are in a league of there own and its hard to believe there both in the same squad. Antonio has a cracking right foot which offers pinpoint delivery from set plays.

Jorge Pina

Bought from West Bromwich Albion to Mark's dispair, Jorge has yet to set the Premiership alight in the red of United. No doubt a run in the first team would bring on his form as the talent is there, the question is can he impress Boult enough to make him think twice about selling van der Vaart.

Ricardo Quaresma

With Manchester United not using much width in there first choice tactic, Ricardo may find it hard going while there tails are up. If things don't go according to plan, he'll always be there to offer width if the formation changes to better Uniteds chances of victory against the boring teams of Everton and Villa.

Samuel Eto'o

The Cameroon internation was a top transfer target of Aston Villa in summer window but with Rooney out injured, Boult concieved it would be silly to sell such a quality striker. 2nd top scorer last year with 20+ goals, will make around the same amount again even though first team opportunities will be limited.

Lebohang Mokoena

Boult had been chasing the young South African for some years now but was unable to gain a permit. 20+ games were played in his nations colour and Mokoena was given the all clear to join the reds. Most appearences will be made from the subs bench unless injuries or bad form make the manager think about playing him from the off.

Alfonso Roberto Delgado

Again Alfonso may find it hard to break into the first team with so much quality up front for the Red Devils. Proved he's a top striker netting over 25 times for Perugia last year, with United playing so many games will have a certain role to play in what Boult hopes is a silverware winning season.

Alessio Cerci

Alessio was Boult's first buy at Manchester United and he proved to be a gem last season netting 20 goals in just over 30 games. Again can be used in both attack and midfield, he has the ability to be in the right place at the right time. Being able to play both on the left or the right are another advantage for the young italian which is why Spanish champions Valencia are after his signature.

manutd.gif

United Set The Early Pace

The neew Premiership season is upon us and it seems Manchester United have carried on from where they left of in the last campain. 4 wins from 4 matches see them sitting at the top of the Premier League and the fans are hopeful both the manager and the players can build on this good early form and challenge for the title.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I've been a United fan since 1999 and i've never seen us playing better football than we have at the minute </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surely your treble winning season must top the current football?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Possibly, but i only became a United fan after they won that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who did you support before that then?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Whoever had won the trophy the season before </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<cough> ****** <cough>

Early Results

English Premier Division

Manchester City [2]: Pothead (2)

Manchester United [4]: Ammendolea (2), Eto, Ronaldinho

An away derby is not the ideal start to a season but the win means morale at the club is high. United raced into a 3 goal lead but manager Boult was hit by a bottle from the crowd and had to leave the game. City pulled 2 back through Pothead Mutu but after Dede missed a penalty, Eto'o was on hand to finish the game and give the reds the 3 points.

English Premier League

Manchester United [4]: Ronaldinho (2), Mokoena, Delgado

Bolton Wanderers [0]:

A pleasing result which saw 2 debutants open there accounts. Bolton have never liked coming to Old Trafford and regulary get beat 6 or 7-0 by Boults men. Jussi kept the score down with some good saves but +4 for the g/d made the manager happy. Ronaldinho also scored a brace pleasing the crowd of over 90,000.

English Premier League

Blackburn Rovers [1]: Dede (OG)

Manchester United [2]: Ammendolea, Cerci

The 1 place i hate travelling to is Ewood Park. After Blackburn effectively ended Unitds title charge, i was in no mood for niceties from the lads. After dominating the opening 30 minutes, Rovers got a lucky goal putting them 1-0 up. Ammendolea claimed the equiliser after good work from Pina down the left and the game remained deadlocked until the 74th minute. Boult rang the changes and they paid off as 'Super-Sub' Cerci broke away and finished cooly keeping up uniteds 100% record.

English Premier League

Manchester United [2]: Smylie, Pina

Queen's Park Rangers [0]:

With Portsmouth next in the league away, Boult rested several key players against the minnows of QPR yet United still performed well. Smylie opened the scoring with a long range effort and Pina rounded of a confortable game with a goal late on opening his account for the season

Manager Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> 'Congratulations to the lads for a cracking start to the season. We've been working very hard pre-season with the tactics and it seems to have paid of with us averaging 3 goals a game. We know the league's going to be difficult this year with so many quality teams such as Arsenal, Liverpool and indeed Newcastle icon_smile.gif but were hopeful we can overcome these and win the lesser games against the likes of Pompey, Chelski and Villa. Obviously were guarenteed 6 points against Everton as there manager seems to be losing the plot saying this like 'I fancy us for the league' but as long as we keep up the current form, i can't see us getting beat more than 3 times all season in all competitions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

DC - Rio Ferdinand

As solid as ever, Rio has stayed clean the past few years and has been attending his drug test appointments. Scored 6 goals last year which is more than the entire Fulham strike force managed. His pace and awareness set him apart from the rest and always gives 100% no matter who he's playing.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif.....hold on, he is taking the p**! angryfire.gificon_wink.gif

Archived