EPL Challenge (The Ultimate Premier League Experience) FM2005 [*Established Clan*]

manutd.gif

United Hit A Bad Patch

With only 1 day left until the transfer window closes, Manchester United manager Rick Boult has to be happy with the in's and out's at Old Trafford in January. The squad now has a healthy look to it, with money in the bank and youth brought in next season promises much for the talented manager. Bosmans have also been snapped up quickly with the signing of Quaresma possibly the biggest while Michael Rensing saw the exit moving to Italian giants Milan.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> 'Michael has been a rock for us over the past 6 months and i'd like to thank him for his dedication and hard work. 20million pounds is alot of money for a keeper and with 2 players also joining from Milan the deal was too good to turn down. Sebastian Saja has been brought in to replace him and i just hope he's better for us than he was for low lying Portsmouth.' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Results

F.A Cup 4th Round

Norwich City [1]: Smith

Manchester United [5]: Ronaldinho, Smylie, Chivu, Lazkovic, Rooney

With Norwich sitting 13th in the Championship, the reserves were sent out to do a job and a job they did. Right from the off, Ronaldinho and Smylie ran the show from the midfield staking a claim for a first team place. Rooney was brought on 2nd half to keep up fitness and grabbed a 5th from a wonderful free kick.

League Cup Semi Final 2nd leg

Aston Villa [0]:

Manchester United [2]: Ronaldinho, Rooney

With the 7-0 hammering at Old Trafford pretty much sealing the tie, Villa boss Sam Bouchard fielded a weaker side in hope of keeping the morale of his first team up. United were sent out to simply have fun and with 2 goals either side of half time, the match and indeed the tie were over. Manchester United - Chelski FINAL

English Premier League

Manchester United [1]: Ronaldinho

Tottenham Hotspur [2]: Rensing (OG), Mosquera

Words can't describe how much i was robbed today. A goal down after 50 seconds thanks to poor marking from a free kick and shoddy keeping from Rensing. United then went on the attack but found Akinfeev on magical form showing me why i brought him to the country. We pulled level though a wonderful individual effort from Ronnie but with 15 minutes left and having no real chances, Spurs took the lead again. Into the last 15 minutes, we had another few chances but Akinfeev stood firm again and we were beaten for only the 2nd time all season.

English Premier League

Middlesbrough [1]: Hysen

Manchester United [3]: Grillo, Cerci, Ronaldinho

After defeat in the last game, the lads had to perform in this to stop a landside of results. Things didn't look bad again losing a goal to a set peice this time Hysen outjumping the defence. 3 goals in quick succession from the lads quickly after saw of the challenge from Boro' as we got things back on track.

English Premier League

Manchester United [1]: Smylie

Charlton Athletic [0]:

Another team you want to play when your own sides not playing well, Charlton visited Old Trafford simply looking to defend. The early goal settled our nervers but we couldn't quite finish our chances after that with Rooney, Ammendolea and Eto'o all missing due to injury and internationals.

Manager Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I've got things pretty hard here at Old Trafford. I get phone calls all the time from other managers telling me how easy i have it but they don't understand the pressures of being me. Having to constantly keep Kelly Brook is a tough job but somebody has to do it. As for the team, i've only had 30million to spend this season, as you can see, a shoestring budget. Wages have been restricted to 150k a week, i mean, how can i build a Premiership winning side on that i ask you. This season i feel we'll just fall short due to us not having the best of squads but next year i fully expect us to have a team capable of honours. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

westbrom.gif

D'Ardenne III appointed as new WBA supremo

Yes your not mistaken, Jeremy Pearce has taken the gamble of appointing Rookie French manager Mark D'Ardenne III as the new boss of lowly WBA. Having finished fourth last season and securing champions league football- expectations were initially high at WBA for the coming season but with the acrimonious departure of Chris Morris(caught smuggling a rock of cocaine through Heathrow in one of his unmentionable body cavities) WBA have slipped down the table with no permanent manager having been appointed. Thus D'Ardenne has been brought in to ensure the club are not relegated and to push on in the league as comprehensively as possible- with a cup run a possibility!( icon_wink.gif Ben the UEFA cup is mine haha)

As i settled myself behind my Desk at The Hawthorns(i had to buy a new chair much to my annoyance as it had a permanent imprint from the arse of the big Scotsman Mr.Morris! icon_razz.gif). I began to survey my squad to decide what to keep and what to sell- much to my annoyance the vultures had already descended and picked off some of my better players- the most notable departure Jorge Pina who had previously devestated my Newcastle team(thanks alot Rick) A few others had departed and the team was weakened to the extent that Champions league football was a distant dream. However the underlying theme of the team was the abundance of players in the reserves worth a few million each- which makes you wonder what mr.Morris' plans for the future were- my take on things is that he is building an army with an eventual aim of taking over the running of the country/Birmingham(which is not such a bad idea as there is a plethora of talent at my rival Brummie teams).

Due to me being an inexperienced manager,the boards word' not mine haha, the wage budget has been reduced so i need to chop 200k off the wage budget which i hope to do by the start of next season...bastards.

I have not signed any players as i would prefer to sacrifice league position this season to ensure that i sign the right players- thus i have decided to deploy a conservative transfer policy, should make my stingy chairman happy!

Since my arrival i have sold one player

Jose Antonio- Bochum 3m(+ 25% next transfer fee)

A few bosman target have eluded me in particular Roberto Delgado(once again Rick you are a git icon_wink.gif )

Thus i come to my Results and fixtures

WBA 1-0 Fulham (home EPL)

Cesar Delgado

Not an easy first match as Mo is flying high in the league and now has a squad containing some good players, however i feel we dominated this match and were worth our victory. We had alot of posession but few chances due to MO' infamous 5 at the back formation- however the veritable walnut that is Mo' goal was eventually cracked with a bit of wizardry from my argentinian ace.

WBA 2-1 Swindon (home Cup)

Di Legge, Cipriani-Edwards

Against minnows Swindon a victory was expected by manager and fans alike- but Swindon were more resistant than expected and asked some question of the WBA defence, which were duly answered by some sound performances, Di legge grabbing a sweetly struck goal from the wing(i chased this player as newcastle boss- but lost out to WBA- he's mine now haha)

WBA 2-2 Man City

Macken,Hemdaoui-Fletcher,Phillips

With the "grudge match" icon_wink.gif against Williams i hoped for a victory, but in the end a fair draw was the result, with me actually enjoying the game and shaking the opposition managers hand after the game(rumours of a tupperware party however are untrue!) As it happened i was woefully wrong tactically and the OAF John Macken smashed the ball past Schwarz in the early minutes of the game- at this point i pushed Fletcher up the pitch and was rewarde with a well taken goal- 1-1, game on. However later in the second half Dave' Moroccan import Hemadoui nodded in a goal and hearts sank at the Hawthorns- however once again a substitution and a tactical change led to an immediate response as Bradly Phillips turned smartly on the ball and side footed past the keeper from outside the area for his first goal at the club- truly great management haha! not that im one to blow my own goose.

WBA 0-7 Aston Villa

The least said about this game the better as my players were not up for the derby game and were trounced- congrats must go to Sam as he has built a good team and deserves his success in the future- however Mr.Murphy has stolen key player Suazo- we have words for people like you in France Niall icon15.gif.

WBA 4-3 QPR

Cipriani 2,Di Legge,Barker OG

Rook,Bullard,Kluivert

A must win game against 15th placed QPR and my players responded well to put the derby performance behind them scoring 2 in the first half but dissapoiningly conceding late in the first half to a deflected strike from Bullard. A quality first half performance was followed by a slack start to the second half and Qpr quickly raced to a £-2 advantage much to the anger of the irrate french manager in the WBA dugout( a FA misconduct charge is pending!). However my cussing was rewarded as a thunderous drive from Fletcher took a wicked deflection off a hapless defender and spooned past their keeper..parity restored 3-3- time to push for victory. At this stage my team turned on the style and played the best football i've seen from my team thus far- a superb flowing move resulting in a volley at the far post for Cipriani- a young italian forward who is definitely destined for greatness. 4-3 the points are mine. VICTORY!

Thus with UEFA cup matches approaching and a few EPl games i hope to have a cup run in either/both of the cups and maybe push on in the league-im currently 11th and Brum in tenth are some 10 points ahead so overtaking them would be an achievement!Also having struggled to understand the locals during mytime at newcastle i hope to have more success, linguistically speaking, in Birmingham icon_razz.gif-come on, up the Baggies!!

everton.gif

Injury crisis stalls Everton's challenge

Not a good night for Everton as a shocking injury crisis coupled with a number of suspensions decimated the squad for the entire month of January. With no Reveillere, Pedretti, Sivok, Vittek, Gonzalez, Renatto, Semler and Joseph Yobo called off to the African Nations - Everton's title campaign has ground to a hault as Chelsea have edged a good few points ahead of the rest of us. As a result of so many injuries, Everton's team has lost three out of the last four Premiership games and only managed to draw 0-0 at home to Newcastle United.

Murphy stated,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The last month has just been an absolute nightmare. I've been waking up at night in a cold sweat and all I can see in my dreams is the grinning, sadistic face of Chelsea manager Danny King, rubbing his grubby paws together in delight at my misery. Even worse is that when King grins all I can see in his eyes is his sugar daddy's £50 notes. I'm telling you, it's scary enough to make you think Rick Boult might even be a "talented manager" - but that's the day I'll know I'm ready to take my place in the nut house!! BTW - does anyone know how Wacko Jacko at Brum managed to escape from his institution and who let that French eijit D'Ardenne back into English football. Even Houllier could have done a better job down at Newcastle.

If we get our players back then we have a chance of getting back into the race. I'm not ruling us out of the challenge just yet. There's a long way to go and only myself and Nilsen know what it takes to win a title. That lack of experience might yet cost King and Boult. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Two major signings for Everton

Everton have made three signings over the January transfer window.

Danny Hogg - A young 20 year old defensive midfielder from Wolverhampton Wanderers for £4m. An awesome looking talent here and I'm well chuffed with spotting this bloke before the rest of the crew.

Canna - French internation midfielder bought from Paris St Germain for £13m. Really annoyed the Goat this one so he must be good. He sure looks it.

Benjamn Lauth - Amazed to get an offer of this star striker (now 28) from Barcelona in exchange for my second string keeper Lastuvka. With Barca having paid £39m to buy him then left him on the bench, Murphy near broke his arm in his rush to click accept deal on the mouse. Tasty, now to work on a system to employ Lauth and Gilardino together is the plan.

Other news

News just in, Manchester United manager Rick Boult II has been taken to hospital after his head finally exploded. The well known bum and fruitcake had been warned that his head was growing at an alarming rate during the time his time spent at the top of the table (in total: one week).

However, Boult II paid no attention to his advisers, insisting that he was ‘the messiah’ - and his condition has clearly worsened in the past few months when he said his ‘boys’ wouldn’t lose another game this season (until he met Spurs of course), were better than the rest of the Premiership put together and could even win games with his mother in the side.

The Man U chef, sorry chief, will now go on a vigorous recuperation programme, which will include watching Everton and Chelsea before every game Man Utd play in so he learns more about this 'managerial malarkey.'

Chance of a full recovery are estimated at 20:80.

astonvilla.gif

Maybe This Time...

Doug Ellis has seen many a manager come and go at Villa Park, but very few have brought success. Could this be the year that Aston Villa win the Premier League? I dont think so myself. A Superb array of talent at the disposal of manager Sam Bouchard has seen his team sky rocket in the league, surpassing any pre season STUPID predictions.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Chris Morris...RIP

Season 2009/10B]

Aston Villa - Manager Sam Bourchard

An 11th place finish for Villa last season sees Sam Bouchard strengthening the side in the summer. Having done a good job at Spurs previously I think the Villa gaffer will improve his sides finish by a few places. Maybe other teams commitment to Europe will give him a good run in the cups

League - 9th

FA Cup - Quarters

League Cup - Final </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With the predictions in mind, let's see what's been happening with the team...

Premier League Game 20

Aston Villa [4]: Cisse, Suazo(2), Boumsong(og)

Everton [2]: Gilardino, Kallstrom

Everton boss Niall Murphy was greeted with 'w@nker' signs and vigorous movements of the wrist from the Aston Villa Faithful, and true to his word Niall did finish the game with a tissue in his hand. This tissue was wiping tears rather than anything else, and from his eyes after he stormed off down the tunnel after grabbing Suazo from the Villa bench.

The game gave Aston Villa a rare chance to play at Villa Park, where the 16,000 expansion to the capacity looks near to completion. Rubirosa made his first start for a month after getting over ligament damage, and immediatly had an effect on the game. A bit of hard work and a cross from the left ended up getting Villa a free kick. Slated for their corner tactics previously, Manager Sam Bouchard told the team to drop the tactic and aim for the headerers of the ball in the centre of the box, however his team mates had another idea. Suazo nicked in the free kick to the edge of the D area where Cisse duly smashed home for his 15th goal of the season. An irate Murphy rose like a salmon off his seat looking set to abuse the choice of tactic, however the 4rd official duly slapped him and pushed him back down to his seat.

Gilardino scored just before the half hour mark to the delight once more of the Toffee boss, however he was once again silenced after Suazo netted a rebound off keeper Isaksson. The second half saw a change in personnel for Villa, as Rubirosa's injured leg flaired up once more and had to be replaced, however the following throw in resulted in another goal for the home side, as Suazo knocked in his second of the afternoon.

As the game wore on, Murphy turned his attention to the left side of his dugout, where a regular steward was sitting facing the crowd. Murphy took a second glance at the man before walking towards him. The nervous steward shook his head when Niall asked if he knew him, before his moustache was ripped off....revealing none other than the steward that was physically attacked at Spurs all those years ago. Whilst Murphy unzipped his trousers once more....Cisse again saw an oppertunity to hurt the man he so duly disliked.....and connected with a corner so hard that it rebounded off Boumsong and went in the net. Murphy looked set to be questioned by police just after Kallstrom scored to give the awya side a glimmer of hope, however after the final whistle, they couldn't catch the cheeky Irishman.

As Murphy ran through the tunnel, he grabbed an autograph book from a small child and paid him what looked to be a £5 note. He ripped a page off and laughed all the way out as he had Suazo's signature....God knows what he's going to do with that.

Bottom line....Aston Villa 4.....Everton 2

Premier League Game 21

Man City [0]:

Aston Villa [1]: van Nistelrooy

Attack....save Robert Green....Attack...save Robert Green...Attack....oooh....goal! Good performance from Dave Williams' side who are set to give many a team a run for their points this season going on this performance.

FA Cup 3rd Round

Wolves [3]: Rommedahl, Ljuboja(2)

Aston Villa [3]: van Nistelrooy, Cisse, Suazo

A dismal first half saw Villa go two three nill down to the Championship league leaders, and rightly so - the home side dominated completly and deserved all they got. The second half Villa came out all guns blazing, scoring 3 in 20 minutes, to leave a nail biting finish. Replay it is....

League Cup Semi Final First Leg

Man Utd [7]: Baptista, Rooney, every bloody body else

Aston Villa [0]:

A few long rangers, a few deflections and a whole heap of luck and class....top side won on the day.

Premier League Game 22

Aston Villa [4]: van Nistelrooy, Lampard(2), Bierofka

QPR [0]:

Routine result highlighted by two superb Lampard curlers.

FA Cup 3rd Round Replay

Aston Villa [2]: Nolan, van Nistelrooy

Wolves [2]: Olofinjana(2)

Nailbiting stuff all the way through extra time, then to penalties. 5-4 Winners on the day, no misses for the home side for once icon_biggrin.gif

FA Cup 4th Round

Aston Villa [4]: van Nistelrooy, Cisse(3)

Liverpool [1]: Holm

4-0 up and a concolation goal. Alex's side never really got going in this game, and have themselves to blame for all but one of the goals. In a game where Gerrard was sent off for two bookable offences, Liverpool didn't deserve to go through....there is a lot to be done at Anfield to get this mob back to the top.

League Cup Semi Final Second Leg

Aston Villa [0]:

Man Utd [2]: Ronaldinho, Rooney

With Rick Boult's 'RESERRRRRVES' out in this game i thought i may as well do the same, however Rick's reserves aren't really Rick's reserves! There his 'bench' and bits of his first team just mangled up. Dissapointed...yet morale still high icon_biggrin.gif

Premier League Game 23

Arsenal [3]:

Aston Villa [4]: Lampard, Morgan, van Nistelrooy, Suazo

It's not often you can go to Highbury and look like winning, but today Villa did! Two goals in the opening 6 minutes both headers from corners set the away side on their way, before van Nistelrooy added a third just before the half hour mark. Arsenal didn't sit back and take it for much longer, coming back with three top class goals of their own, all on the counter and all superbly executed. The second half brough Suazo and Henry into the game, one scored...and one missed a penalty - 3 points to Villa.

Premier League Game 24

Aston Villa [7]: Taylor, van Nistelrooy(pen), Suazo(3), Lampard, Korzym

West Brom [0]:

Mark's first Brummie Derby didn't go as he'd planned, as he conceeded 7 and had his pride dented...qutie sevearly at Villa Park. New signing Korzym, 3.7m from Pompey, has given a new edge of attacking play off the bench, with the versitile player running on the left or through the middle, always creating, and that he did this afternoon.

WBA weren't in the game at all and i dont think had much of an attack, and i'm sure if we'd kept on playing for another 5 it could well have been 9 or 10. Lots to do for WBA this year, and in the summer transfer market too.

Premier Legaue Game 25

Portsmouth [1]: Pazzini

Aston Villa [1]: Cisse

With the top 5 teams breaking away from the pack, it's absolutly vital that when those teams play eachother, they fight for the points, because at the end of the day it will be those matches that decide the positions. A hard set of fixtures has come to a close against Portsmouth the current Premiership title holders.

The most deadly attacking sides in the league battled eachother this afternoon producing only two goals, but one for each side so i guess it's fair :S. A hard working game saw Portsmouth with a lot of possession but saw Villa have nigh on all of the decent attacking pieces of play. Tactical changes didn't happen when they should've done for Villa, which led to conceding with 11 minutes to go, giving two points away and clearly knocking themselves out of a chance at the League title.

Surprised to hear Villa's name pounded about with the title....so am i.

Danny's kept up the pace up front and looks destined to pick up the league whilst Girl Pants (Rick) is at times running around like a lost dog trying to find his players. Niall's injury drenched Christmas period is edging it's close, and it's curious to see how things wll pan out for the Evertonians. Goat trundles on, winning one week, losing the next - who knows where people will lie at the finish......all i know is Villa are 3rd in the table with a game in hand....rock on icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AsherDSSc:

United Hit A Bad Patch

Bad patch icon_confused.gif what bad patch, you lost one game in the last 15 odd league games, your still in the FA cup and just beat Aston villa 9-0 over two legs in the Carling cup semi icon_biggrin.gif If you call that a bad patch you truly must have the greatest football team ever icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fulham.gif

Season 6 - Raiders of the lost cottage.

Before season 6 began, The Eurovision votes took place as to how well people did in the previous season. The voting is nearly as bad as in the real-life singing contest, Mo ended up with a 2, which Mo thought meant he was second best, Mo thought it was a bit flattering and shied away from the attention. Nobody had the heart to tell Mo that he was classed as the second worst manager! This season Mo will be voting for Turkey

Mo welcomes back Pagi V, formerly known as Pagi IV, formerly know as Pagi III, etc……. Mo hopes that the pee taking might get deflected away from him and onto Pagi icon_wink.gif, sorry dude! Pagi is fondly remembered for promising to take Sunderland out of the championship, Pagi stuck to his promise and Sunderland are closer than ever to division 1 with financial state they are in. To be fair, Mo feels sorry for Pagi as he has to compile he shortlist of every player under the sun again, what a daunting task. Pagi now with spurs is like a kid in a candy score, it could take him a few seasons before spurs hit administration with their wealth icon_biggrin.gif. Mo is also suspicious that one of the clauses in Pagi return by Niall is to shortlist Mo’s players and remove them from his shortlist after 10 requests, he is annoying Mo already and they have not played a match yet! icon_mad.gif

In pre-season Fulham strengthened in all areas of the field, including the signing of Sonck generously donated for 100k (Mark ‘we luv ya’) and costly signing of Vonlathen for just under 9million (Niall ‘we….’). Vonlathen never really settled up north in the sticks, with no night life and people playing Banjo’s every night and having a barn dance. While Niall and the rest of his mob fitted right into the mould of an evertonion hobo, Vonlathen knew there was more to life. Vonlathen took a 20k wage cut to come to Fulham and have a merry time with Mo and the lads at Big Sam’s local brewery where everybody knows your name….cheers icon_cool.gif.

In other news, Fulham keeper Ochoa has named Mo as his all time great mentor and is always buying Mo a drink down the local. Mo thinks that if Ochoa spent more time keeping an eye on the ball than eyeing Mo in the dugout, Fulham might concede a bit less!

Season 6 Mid Season key highlights.

Aston Villa 4 – 0 Fulham EPL

Sam is a great manager, but along with greatness comes a big head. Mo was annoyed at the penalty that was awarded to Villa, who just can’t help diving in the penalty box. After the penalty, Mo pressed for an equaliser and Villa duly punished Fulham in a very disappointing EPL debutant match for season 6. Sam is either going to have a great season, or Mo has finally lost the plot.

Arsenal 1 – Fulham 2 EPL

Yep, you read it right. Fulham were leading the gunners 2-0 until they got one back near the end. The best result so far for Fulham, and a turning point in Mo’s career. The board more than satisfied with the result and the supporters pressure group is disbanded for the time being!

Fulham 2 – 3 Chelsea EPL

Danny is possibly in Mo’s opinion the best manager in the EPL, (Ligs might have been formerly the best manager, but someone got rid of him! Ladbrokes are giving good even odds that the next manager to disappear will be Danny, Mo is a safe 1’000’000-1 to stay in the EPL, bad managers don’t disappear!) Danny scooped up 2 major trophies last season and Mo is disappointed that Fulham have to face their local rivals with Danny in charge. Mo was jumping up and down when and delirious after Fulham had come back from 1-0 to lead 2-1 with 10 minutes left. Unfortunately football is a game of 90 minutes and Chelsea struck twice with the last minutes to win 3-2. Actually that is not exactly true, a bad back pass from a key Fulham player lead to Chelsea’s winner, he will remain nameless, but he knows who he is! icon_rolleyes.gif

Fulham 3 – 1 Manchester United EPL

Rick is another great manager (latest odds of 5-2 to disappear) Mo was not looking forward to meeting; Rick has demolished too many sides with his attacking football and double figure score lines. In this game Fulham went more defensive then a duck tight arse defence ever can be. Huth produced 2 outstanding long shots to win this match 3-1. The scoreline does not reflect the number of chances each side had, but hey, that’s Fulham all over for you, an undeserved win. Rick has suffered this minor blip, but Mo is sure that Rick will go onto to lift many trophies with the reds and get revenge at Old Trafford. icon_frown.gif

Tottenham 0 – 0 Fulham EPL

Pagi returns to the EPL in command of another of Fulham’s local rival. Rick did a great job at Spurs and hopefully Pagi can follow in his footsteps. An open game with both sides having chances to win it. With Niall and his minders watching this match attentively, neither manager could motivate the players to score as they were scared of how Niall might react.

Fulham 3 – 0aet Birmingham League Cup Qtr Final

Mo was very lucky to win this game against a very solid Birmingham side, who have a manager with a lot of potential in Ben and will probably end up topping the top half of the table this season. Brum took Fulham all the way to extra time, and with the Fulham boys doing regular fitness exercises. Fitness proved the key factor in this game, and Fulham managed to win the game to face Chelsea in the Semi Final of the League Cup. Now Mo just needs Ben to pay £10 Million each for some Fulham boys, and Mo will be back in the black again icon_wink.gif. Ben left with a few shouts “I will have revenge, I promise you…….grrrâ€

Portsmouth 2 – Fulham 0 EPL

Over time if there is one figure Mo began to hate in the EPL is GOAT (Greatest Obnoxious All-time Tart, or known as Andy to his mates….who are we kidding?, what mates ;-)) at Portsmouth. GOAT usually puts at least 4/5 goals past Fulham, and for once Mo was pleased that Fulham escaped with a less damaging 2-0 loss, another deserved win for Andy…..grrrr.

Everton 1 – 0 Fulham EPL

The emperor of the EPL, and arch enemy once more as he is having a good season, Niall is a very dangerous opponent and had got two trophies from his campaign over 5 seasons; Niall likes to think its three with the Community Charity Shield but most people laugh when he mentions that on his CV.

Mo knew this would be a tough game….Niall will feed Petrov on the left flank to create chances for Gilardino. Unfortunately Niall played fairly defensively in this tie and as always starting with a 4-5-1 line up. While Niall’s midfield bombarded Mo’s 5 man defence….Mo held firm until Niall sneakily changed to a 4-4-2 formation and broke the deadlock around 70 minutes on the clock with Gilardino sneaking into the near post and slotting pass reserve Mark Crossley, (Ochoa was feeling a bit low after his girlfriend left him, apparently she told him its either Mo or Her! icon_confused.gif). Mo attacked the Everton goal after the horse had bolted, but Everton held on with Everton’s keeper get the MOM award. Mo left aggrieved at this result and felt that a draw would have been a fair result considering the number of chances Fulham created.

Fulham 1 – Man City 0 EPL

William went walkies midway through this game……someone’s minders where seen again entering his dressing room! William has had tough time at the EPL and reminds Mo of when he took Fulham over, Hopefully with a bit of luck and some wise moves in the transfer market, Williams will turn Man City into a great side again. Anyhow, when Williams disappeared, Fulham were leading 1-0 and the game remained 1-0, with no Williams at the helm, Man City did not make a single substitution. Unfortunate, as Mo took advantage of this and was glad to get all 3 points.

Fulham 1 – Aston Villa 3 EPL

A very tense affair with Sam’s high flying Villa visiting Craven Cottage, Sam is an excellent manager and I know why he feels aggrieved at losing out on the FA cup to Mo…..(Any chance Mo gets to mention the FA cup he has a dig at Sam icon_razz.gif). Fulham did the double over Villa last season, but this season Villa got their just revenge and did the double over Fulham. Fulham actually lead the Villans with Vonlathen dispossessing the Villians keeper!....Mo was seen doing the Rumba dance and was dilirous with ecstasy….(For the readers, we would like to point out that Mo was ecstatic with joy, and Mo in no way condones the use of the ecstasy drug that Gilardino is being fed….Mo has reported this to the FA to impose an 8 month ban on the player and manager, but it seems like the FA are powerless to act against someone’s minders!) By the time Mo had recovered laughing and entered the tunnel, he was told that RvN had scored an equaliser, to which Mo was left open-mouthed. Mo decided to stick to his 5 man defence in the second half, unfortunately a free kick given to Villa in their own half ……..well it was quite far from the Fulham box, floated into the back of the Fulham net. Mo totally blames Ochoa for another bad display, Ochoa dives to catch the freekick, misses the ball, hits the post and ends up with a large lump on his head icon_rolleyes.gif……Mo tried to take the game to Villa after that, but Villa held firm and counter attacked to leave Cisse to score a fine solo goal past the bandage rapped keeper. Sour Mo has to congratulate Sam on such a fine performance and hopes he gets into next years EPL……at the expense of Niall!

Everton 0 – 1 Fulham FA Cup 3rd Round.

After our last encounter in the EPL, Niall said

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A psychological edge also established for the rematch in a few weeks time in the FA Cup 3rd Round. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Niall knew that Mo had not won an encounter at Everton during his rein at Fulham and was very confident…..(Look, Mo needs to milk this, as wins like this don’t happen often and the report writing brigade have been awaiting this.)

Let me set the background context of Everton’s season, Everton failed to enter the uefa cup via the intertoto route, Everton were knocked out of the league cup at the first hurdle when they failed to beat Derby in the second round of the cup. Niall had said that he will be playing for two trophies this season, (at least he can count icon14.gif) Mo with underdogs “Fulham†would be ecstatic if he can knock Niall out of the FA cup at their home ground in the first hurdle of lifting the FA cup, the third round draw. Not wanting to gloat too much, Everton attacked and attacked and Fulham defended and defended until Everton got tired of attacking and Fulham changed tactically to be more offensive and created their chances late in the game. With 10 minutes left, Keane took his chance calmly to give Fulham a 1-0 lead. Mo quickly changed to a 5-4-1 formation (Mo usually does not change formation normally, but this was not normal circumstances, Mo tries to frustrate the opposition by making frequent tweaks but never a formation change!) and had 8 defensive players on the pitch by the end of the game. By the end of the match Niall was left open mouthed nd completed.... icon_mad.gif, Gilardino was seen punching the ground in the same manner as Bayern’s Samuel Kuffour, when Man United robbed Bayern of the Champions league cup a few years ago. Mo slept with a big smile that night, Mo’s missus was even surprised to see such a big smile on his face, which was before they got cosy. Mo knew that he had robbed Niall of a victory and Niall was seething………..and that was PRICELESS to Mo. icon_wink.gif

Fulham 1 – 3 Chelsea League Cup Semi Final Leg 1

Fulham tried to keep Chelsea at bay, but with the quality management of Danny, Chelsea created chances at will and brushed Fulham aside. Danny assured me that Fulham had a chance in the second, but Mo thought that those were kind words and even a reserve Chelsea side would be hard to contain for 90 minutes while trying to score two at Stamford Bridge.

Fulham 1 – 1 Portsmouth EPL

GOAT visited Craven cottage with a lot of confidence….

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

GOAT261-Ports: ooooo mo away

GOAT261-Ports: could be tough

GOAT261-Ports: but doubt it icon_wink.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fulham had previously played too defensively against Portsmouth. Fulham attacked and created quite a few chances and took the lead. GOAT still in shock and frustrated by regular tactical changes…..(annoys the hell out of managers) Mo made the mistake of going for a 5-4-1 formation that worked against Niall previously, Portsmouth pressed further and duly equalised. A well deserved point for both teams, with Fulham the happier of the two to not to lose again to Portsmouth.

West Brom 1 – Fulham 0 EPL

Niall always loses or draws with West Brom, to get around this dilemma, Niall has appointed the esteemed Mark prior to this match to make sure that WBA never win again against Everton…..shrewd move icon_wink.gif…..To be honest, Mark is a great lad and I wish him the best with WBA and if he keeps his contracts in check, he might even retain some of West Brom’s stars and not lose them on bosmans. Anyhow, Mark played very well with his wingers causing Fulham all kinds of problems down the wing and the pay off came when Delgado scored a good goal. Well done.

Fulham currently sit around the 8th position of the EPL after the halfway mark. Fulham have an outside chance of making Europe but the priority for Fulham is to stay in the black financially and secure a top half position in the EPL. Fulham have no choice but to sell some of their stars in January and the scavengers are out to take advantage. Fulham never did not have much money when Mo took over. Mo has always stuck within the remits of the wage budget (£750K this year) set by Fulham, but the financial restrictions are really due to the small stadium of 30k. Mo’s money making policy is to get the bosman’s and sell them the following year.

Now in January, Fulham sit with a balance of debt of £2 million, but Fulham are allowed to spend 8 million in buying players (Fulham had an initial budget of 850K for transfer, the 8 million was raised by selling players last August). So if Mo decided to spend his transfer budget, he will end up with a debt of around 10million in the balance sheet. Therefore Mo has announced a January sales at Fulham and players will be parading in Harrods from new year. Pagi has taken a promising young defender off Fulham for 3.5 Million, but Mo has 8 other defenders in the club so is not too worried. The biggest loss is the sale of Gonzalez, a top left back for 10mill to Ben, Gonzalez was a bosman and Niall has to be thanked for bending the rules and sending his minions to the FA in allowing to leave after only being with Fulham for 6 months. Another loss could be Huth departing to a major force within the EPL, discussions are still in progress. The plus side to all this is that Fulham are back in the black and could go ahead with a stadium expansion, the downside is that Fulham will have lost some key players and will have greater difficulty in the EPL to maintain their decent form.

chelsea.gif

Results…

Champions League Group E

Chelsea 3

Carrick 30 Ballack 46 pen 69

Hajduk 1

Maric 86

Man of the Match: Ballack 8/10 Chelsea

Attendance-36549

Refereed by Wolfgang Stark

A must win game to keep our Champions league bid on course, with Real Madrid playing Werder Bremen a draw could have been enough but I didn’t want to take any chance so a full strength Chelsea team took to the field. Carrick got us on the way after some fine work from Cani. Second half Ballack doubles the lead within the first minute of the half then Ammendolea is fouled in the area and Ballack slots home the penalty before Maric pulls on back for Hajduk. 3-1 Win

Champions League Group E

1st Real Madrid 12pts

2nd Chelsea 10pts

3rd Werder Bremen 7pts

4th Hajduk 6pts

Asia/Euro Cup

Chelsea 1

Ammendolea 90

Seoul 0

Man of the Match: Dong-Jim Liam 9/10 Seoul

Attendance-23563

Refereed by Oswaldo Jouan

Another game and another trophy for Chelsea this time in the shape of the Asia/Euro cup. This was an one sided game with Chelsea having all of the play and all the best efforts on goal but Seoul keeper was on fine form. Last 10 minutes put the Italian wonder kid on and with the last kick of the game he had a darting run then slotted the ball home from just outside the box. 1-0 Win

Premiership Game 15

Manchester Utd 3

Rooney 14, 27 & 64

Chelsea 0

Man of the Match: Rooney 10/10 Man Utd

Attendance-98718

Refereed by Matt Messias

This was the Rooney show scoring 3 goals from the midfield. Apart from Rooney the main difference in this game were both goal keepers with Rensing making some goods saves from Chelsea and Stuhr-Ellagaard who was a fault for the first goal and maybe the second. This was my first defeat of the season in the league and well done to Rick Boult whose Manchester United team is looking awesome. 3-0 Defeat

Premiership Game 16

WBA 0

Chelsea 3

Ammendolea 2, 17 Cani 20

Man of the Match: Ammendolea 9/10 Chelsea

Attendance-35971

Refereed by Dermot Gallagher

WBA are a different team since there manager Chris Morris quit and this was an easy victory for me with Ammendolea really starting to show the quality that he has with two goal in 17 minutes. Cani then added a third and the game was all but over in the first 20 minutes. 3-0 Win

Premiership Game 17

Chelsea 1

Cassano 7

Portsmouth 2

Valdez 72 Pazzini 85

Sent off: Cigarini 52 min Chelsea

Man of the Match: Wiese 10/10 Portsmouth

Attendance-41123

Refereed by Alan Wiley

After this game only two question spring to mind, the first is how the hell did Portsmouth win the league playing like this? The second was how the hell did I lose this game?

Chelsea took the lead within 7 minutes thanks to the best Italian striker in the league and by half time should have really been 3 or 4 up but Wiese was in fine form and worthy of his man of the match award. Second half and Cigarini received a straight red after some play acting from the Portsmouth players. Then to matter matters worse they go and score with there first real attacking highlight. Even with Chelsea down to 10 men we are still search for the winner but Portsmouth hit us with a counter attack and with Pazzini pace a deadly finishing they score and take all 3 points. 2-1 Defeat

After the game Andy had the cheek to say he wasn’t lucky and I only had 2 attacking highlights all game. I don’t know what game he was watching but it wasn’t our game.

King stated

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Mr. Nilsen should pop along to he’s nearest spec saver and pick up a pair of glasses because he needs them icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Premiership Game 18

Chelsea 2

Cani 74 Nilmar 87

Newcastle 0

Man of the Match: Arenas 8/10 Newcastle

Attendance-37670

Refereed by Matt Clattenburg

With Mark walking out of Newcastle the day before this game I knew this was going to be a hard game as the players were looking to show any new manager coming in what they were capable of. This was another game when we found the keeper on top of his game and in the first half we just couldn’t find a way past him. Second half we finally broke the deadlock with Cani and Nilmar scoring one each. 2-0 Win

Premiership Game 19

Charlton 1

Harris 41

Chelsea 5

Mutu 5 Cassano 16, 66 Cani 25 Postiga 73

Man of the Match: Cassano 10/10 Chelsea

Attendance-27080

Refereed by Simon Francis

This was a good win for my lads scoring 5 goals in the process of the match. As the score suggest this was a one sided game with Chelsea outplaying Charlton from start to finish. 5-1 Win

Premiership Game 20

Blackburn 0

Chelsea 3

Boateng 1 Johnson og 50 Nilmar

Man of the Match: Carvalho 10/10 Chelsea

Attendance-31312

Refereed by Mark Wood

This was another good win against a decent Blackburn team with Boateng scoring his first goal for the club after his move from Middlesbrough. An own goal from Johnson and Nilmar added to a good days work from my team. 5-1 Win

Premiership Game 21

Chelsea 3

Cani 9 Cassano 38 Faisca og 61

Bolton 0

Man of the Match: Cassano 9/10 Chelsea

Attendance-37521

Refereed by Simon Francis

The legacy of Pagi is he left a really good team at Bolton playing some good football. Bolton are always a hard team to play against and I was more that happy with this result. 3-0 Win

FA Cup 3rd Rd

Ipswich 0

Chelsea 2

Cigarini 42 Postiga 74

Man of the Match: Cigarini 8/10 Chelsea

Attendance-30207

Refereed by Mark Cowburn

Reserve team out for this game as over the Christmas period we are playing a lot of games and I needed to rest some players. Cigarini played his first game since his red card against Portsmouth and showed his manager that he does deserve a second chance with a goal and a man of the match award. Postiga also got on in the act to give Chelsea the win. 2-0 Win

Semi Final Carling Cup 1st Leg

Fulham 1

Jonamsson pen 89

Chelsea 3

Berbatov 28, 62 & pen 72

Man of the Match: Berbatov 10/10 Chelsea

Attendance-29973

Refereed by Barry Knight

Playing Mo Fulham is always a hard game and this one wasn’t any different. Berbatov playing his first game for his new club couldn’t have asked for a better start with a hat trick. With a penalty for both sides Fulham could still have a chance in the return leg as under Mo they have pulled out some good results over the season. 3-1 Win

Premiership Game 22

Chelsea 3

Berbatov 71 Nilmar 83 Cani 87

Manchester United 3

Ronaldinho 53 pen 77 Baptista 89

Sent off: Van der Vaart Manchester United 64 minute

Man of the Match: Baptista 9/10 Manchester United

Attendance-40227

Refereed by Mark Wood

A top of the table clash with two teams both hoping to bring the premiership crown back to there club. What a game it was with a red card and a penalty and some great goals. First was a Ronaldinho free kick from 40 yards after Chelsea had all the possession and the best chances to score themselves. Then a red card for Van der Vaart gave Chelsea hope and ex Manchester Utd player Berbatov leveled the game in the 71st minute. That only lasted for 77 minutes and the ref feeling he had to even the game up after the red card gave Boults team a penalty which Ronaldoinho scored. Then after a great 30 yard pass from John Terry Nilmar lost his marker and slotted home to level the game again. With 3 minutes left Cani gave us the lead for the first time in the game and I was so happy thinking I had won the game until Baptista gave Man Utd a point they deserved. This made the other manager in EPL very happy indeed.

3-3 Draw

After the game King

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Rick got his team playing really well and using Rooney or Ronaldinho running in from a midfield position is working very well for him. After our 3-0 hammering at Old Trafford I more than happy to take this result against a team that’s also beat last season’s champions 9-0 icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Premiership Game 23

Liverpool 0

Chelsea 3

Cassano 14 Cani 42 Nilmar 45

Man of the Match: Ballack 9/10 Chelsea

Attendance-60929

Refereed by James Knowles

New manager Alex was having connection problem for this game and couldn’t take charge of his team. After the hard game against Manchester United I was worried my boys wouldn’t have the fitness level needed for another big game like this but I shouldn’t have worried as Chelsea turn on the style in front of the kop with 3 goals in the first half. Second half rested 3 players by making some subs and played the game out.

3-0 Win

FA Cup 4th Rd

Chelsea 3

Nilmar 14 Mwafulifwa 74 Faty og 79

Newcastle 2

Song 4 Alliadere 64

Man of the Match: Boateng 8/10 Chelsea

Attendance-36878

Refereed by Graham Salisbury

A replay of last season final but Newcastle played a lot better in this tie. Song gave Newcastle the lead from a free kick and Nilmar then pulled us level with a well worked goal. Then Newcastle restored there lead and started really to take the game to Chelsea and with a bit of luck we hit them on the counter and leveled the game again. I decide to go on the attack because the last thing I need is a replay at St James Park and yet another game. Again with a bit of luck Newcastle score an own goal and feel mighty unlucky not to have win this game. 3-2 Win

There have been a lot of transfer made by Chelsea since my last update and when I get the information I will post about them. Many people believe Chelsea trying to buy the premiership this year and to be honest we are as I feel this is my best chance of winning it this year as Rick is building a awesome young team that could carry on winning the premiership for many years to come. Also a day don’t go by within the game that I don’t get a pm from Rick telling me the title is mine but I know this is only mind games and he believes he has a very good chance of winning it himself. Added to all this you can’t count out Everton or Portsmouth who have two of the best managers in the business and have already won the title so know how it is done. Plus young Sam who without the biggest squad in the league is keeping up the pace with the big teams

More to follow some icon_wink.gif

Cheers dude for reading through it all!

I'm always checking all your much more regular top reports, unfortunately in my old age....I'm finding I spend more time writing the report than playing FM icon_confused.gif.......and you know how slow I play FM icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dunga99:

AC Milan your my kind of guy come join in the fun icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is it just me or does this quote raise suspicions about Danny' sexuality- not that im one for slander or defammation of character in any form either verbal or written icon_wink.gif

a>

Boult Looks To Strengthen Squad

With the talented manager unable to stop moaning about his lack of depth in his squad, Boult has been the busiest manager in the EPL during the recent transfer window bringing in several players but also letting a few go.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> 'Its no secret what i feel about what the last manager did to the Manchester United team. Many players were sold without bringing enough players in. Spending 40 million on a single player when you sold 6 players to raise the funds is just stupid. I've looked to pub a bit of quality back into the team with the little money i had an i think we've now got good competition for places throughout the squad.' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Transfers In

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

| Player Name | Transferred From | Cost |

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------

| Alessandro Fusco | Como | 2 Million |

| Antonio Silvano | R. Sociedad | 14.75 Million |

| Alession Ammendolea | Chelsea | P/Ex |

| Nicolo De Vecchi | AC Milan | 1.9 Million |

| Jorge Pina | West Bromwich Albion | 7.25 Million |

| Alessandro Antonicelli | Perugia | 1 Million |

| Danko Lazovic | West Bromwich Albion | 750k |

| Davide De Siena | AC Milan | P/EX |

| Luca Grillo | AC Milan | P/EX |

| Sebastian Saja | River | 6.75 Million |

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------</pre>

Transfers Out

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

| Player Name | Transferred To | Cost |

| Sanli Tuncay | Chelski | P/EX |

| Dimitar Berbatov | Chelski | P/EX |

| Michael Rensing | AC Milan | 20 Million P/EX |

| -----------------------------------------------------------------------</pre>

Manager Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> 'I know we've lost 3 top quality players but i feel i've gained a better keeper in Saja, a better goalscorer in Ammendolea and an awesome young talent in Silvano. Couple that with the other players brought in and the squad we already had at Old Trafford and we have the basis of a great Premiership winning side. I still feel certain areas can be improved both in personel and tactics but with the fans and myself happy to finish 2nd, these things will be worked on over the summer.' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr Leeds United:

Has anyone seen my application yet </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Niall is the head of EPL, if you've applied it's probably gone through him. If not, then the website's also open for applications, http://www.eplchallenge.co.uk so feel free to check it out.

We've also had a few people join recently that havn't lasted the distance, and either dont turn up for sessions or have no real interest in banter etc that comes with the game. As you've probably read it's just not just a turn up and play kinda game, you've got to have somethin' that we need and more importantly like.

This apply's to all people thinking about applying to the WOOOOORRRRLD famous EPL Challenge - Most Entertaining Clan and Best Clan Of 2004 winners at last year's FMO Awards icon_biggrin.gif.

Apply all.....if you've got what it takes

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EmmYouEffSee:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr Leeds United:

Niall is the head of EPL, if you've applied it's probably gone through him. If not, then the website's also open for applications, http://www.eplchallenge.co.uk so feel free to check it out.

We've also had a few people join recently that havn't lasted the distance, and either dont turn up for sessions or have no real interest in banter etc that comes with the game. As you've probably read it's just not just a turn up and play kinda game, you've got to have somethin' that we need and more importantly like.

This apply's to all people thinking about applying to the WOOOOORRRRLD famous EPL Challenge - Most Entertaining Clan and Best Clan Of 2004 winners at last year's FMO Awards icon_biggrin.gif.

Apply all.....if you've got what it takes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and dont forget yours truly won manager of the year icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goat261:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EmmYouEffSee:

and dont forget yours truly won manager of the year icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How could we ever forget you remind each time we play icon_biggrin.gif

no worrys i'll be there long term and banter no worrys I nearly on 24 hours a day on a footie forum site

Guest alex1212

liverpool.gif

As liverpool unvail there new manager Alex Mcarney im looking to bring back past times of glory. But with my good players nearing niall's pacemaker age i will be looking to strengthen the sqaud with younger players for next season.

For now i'll be pimping many young girls to staff from Man Utd to try and raise some transfer funds to try and build my new sqaud.

Guest Luke Flynn

Best clan of 2004, i dont think so. Cant even arrange a world cup without throwing abuse about at other clans and claiming they are the best. No votes for this clan in 2005 believe

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Luke Flynn:

Best clan of 2004, correct i dont think so. who cares? Cant even arrange a world cup without throwing abuse about at other clans and claiming they are the best.Are you speaking about yourselves there? You have been on this forum for 5 minutes and already you have caused more comotion then we have in years, and you will most probably be banned soon if you carry on with this mentality tbh No votes for this clan in 2005 believe </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Oh I forgot you are judge this year.........oh wait sorry your not

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by David Pagi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Luke Flynn:

Best clan of 2004, correct i dont think so. who cares? Cant even arrange a world cup without throwing abuse about at other clans and claiming they are the best.Are you speaking about yourselves there? You have been on this forum for 5 minutes and already you have caused more comotion then we have in years, and you will most probably be banned soon if you carry on with this mentality tbh No votes for this clan in 2005 believe </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Oh I forgot you are judge this year.........oh wait sorry your not </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A post....from Pagi icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif lol, rock on...EPL..EPL...EPL

everton.gif

Everton pushing for the fourth spot.

Only getting into the Champions League can salvage the season for Everton as a horrific injury crisis around the turn of the new year had the knock on effect of crucifying (I'm never one for overstating icon_wink.gif) morale and falling off the tremendous pace set by Premiership champions elect. Danny King's Chelsea side have performed admirably this season and risen to the challenge of competing in every cup competition to possibly the very death. For Everton, the ambitions (now with King and Boult in place at two super rich clubs) is mainly to try and compete on our relative shoestring budget. With this in mind, the media is hearing whispers of Everton's intention to revamp their squad for a renewed assault on the Premiership in future seasons. Rumours are abound that top Spanish goalkeeper Reina may be on his way to Goodison in July 2010 and recently, a new star was introduced to the Premiership in 21 year old attacking midfielder Dos Santos who as you will see had an immediate impact. Currently Everton are bunched very closely to Man Utd, Portsmouth and Villa in the fight for the 3 spots behind Chelsea who will be champions unless they collapse completely.

A few recent games that I can remember from Saturday:

Everton 4 - 1 Manchester United

Murphy had been hard at work on the training pitch prior to the match as the Irishman came to the decision that 4-5-1 would always get us close to the title but perhaps would result in narrow failure most years. A new, 4-4-1-1 formation with Dos Santos coming in - in the Dennis Bergkamp role - to play in the hole just behind the first choice striker, currently the best Italian striker in the Premiership (this title is becoming as coveted as the title itself icon_smile.gif) Alberto Gilardino. With Rick Boult ultra confident before the game, the rumour was that he may not even sit on the bench and instead watch his favourite TV show, PlaySchool (one for the oldies icon_wink.gif) instead. Indeed it looked as if Rick Boult's confidence was justified as United got off to a good start. A free kick won at least 35 yards from goal was thundered (and I mean thundered - an incredible strike) past Isaksson by Brazilian maestro Ronaldinho. The Brazilian is clearly the fulcrum of the Utd side and had Murphy panicking after only a few minutes when he took the ball in midfield and proceeded to twist, shake and feint his way past three Everton players.

At Half Time it remained 1-0 but Murphy made a change of position for Dos Santos and Gilardino, knowing that the deep lying Baptista was nullifying our attacking edge. And the turnout was swift, sweet and utterly, utterly devastating. In a 16 minute spell, Everton rattled four goals past Rensing to leave Boult on the canvas rubbing his jaw. The first, Gilardino from Petrov's cross. The two set pieces saw Dos Santos leave Chivu for dead in the six yard box, reacting way ahead of the usually accomplished defender to notch twice. As Nilsen, Pagi King and Ilyas sat up wondering who Murphy's new star was, the Mexican announced himself entirely to the EPL as he took a nice ball from Wilhelmssen to complete an amazing hattrick. Goodison went wild and Murphy was elated. A great win for the Toffees but of course, Rick's side is indeed a great side and will be challenging for many titles over the next few years.

Birmingham 2 - 1 Everton

Ben Jackson is beginning to see his Birmingham team take shape and this was a good win for Ben although I am annoyed we lost this game as we were well worth a point on the day. Birmingham have Owen up front and he is very very dangerous combining with Anelka to make an extremely paceful front line. However, the strings are pulled by Cipraini (?) in the hole and once Everton had brought the game back to 1-1, Pedretti sat on him to nullify a previously very dangerous Brum attack. Unfortunately though, my mistake was not to have paid too much attention pre-match to Brums pace up top and with not long left, a long ball upfield caught our defence too high up the pitch and we paid for this by concdeding the winning goal. So, good performance by the Brum, also pleased with my 4-4-1-1 and lessons learned for the future games at St Andrews.

Everton 1 - 2 Chelsea

Well on the day Danny was gracious enough to concede Everton were worthy of a point and I would agree we were unlucky to lose this game overall, but two moments of individual brilliance brought the win to Danny's team. Every season so far, the best team that year has won the title and this year Danny's side is clearly the benchmark side of the Premiership. Despite Gilardino rattling the Londoners (and giving Boult a bit of hope for Manchester United) by putting Everton in front after 6 minutes or so, Carretto who Danny signed from WBA for midfield fired home a long ranger to equalise. This guy had done this before against me for WBA and it has to be described as a trademark strike from a player I also tried to buy. However, Chelsea's brilliance this season was defined in my opinion (I know Danny liked the first one icon_smile.gif) by the second goal, when a flowing team move ended up with Tuncay getting in just just inches ahead of Reveillere - to get into shooting position and he fired home well...

So, there will be no trophies at Goodison again this year as the challenge gets even harder on an annual basis. However, we are not far off in my opinion and if I can make a few good deals in the summer I'm hopeful that Everton will again be a challenger next season.

mancity.gif

Well, it's not been the best of starts.........

I've been delaying my post in the hope of a minor miracle up here in the (in my best/worst Manc accent) Sunshhhhhhiiiiiiinnnnnneeeeeeee, but it looks like I'm only fooling myself.

Having assembled a crack commando squad (or should that read cack commando) over at the Saints I found myself the victim of becoming bigger than the Club, obvious I guess, but I didn't see it comming over the GQ covers and the Champagne quaffing lifestyle I'd been accustomed to down in the ****** hole that is Southampton.

So here I am in the blue half of Manc land, 11.5 to spend but not alot to look at on the pitch, lets hope I can bring out the Del Boy in me and get some players in, in the January Sales. Heres a run down of the matches preceeding them.

Pompey 5 Blue Mancs 0

From K.O. things were looking bad and sure enough on 8 mins SWP sailed into the box to claim the 1st. Things didn't improve throughout the 1st half with Peralta claiming a brace both goals comming from runs from deep, the City midfield just cannot cope with the Pompey mid-line. 3-0 down at half time and it had turned into a training match for Pompey and a damage limitation excersise for us. Things were going well untill on 55 mins, Bobo "Hitman" Balde dispossesed Pazzini with a well placed fore-arm smash. Luckily he stayed on the pitch but Mascherano bagged the Pen. With heads hanging we plodded out the remaining 35 mins with all the class of the dirty bloke off Eastenders, topped off with an 83 goal for Hubschman. Great start, thanks Goat.

Blue Mancs 2 French Toons 0

Yes, after all the hype here it was, not since Wenger v Fergie was a match talked about so much in terms of off the field goings on, with both Managers turning to the Press throughout the early season this was sure to be a stormer, both teams came out of the tunnel primed and ready to back they're respective Managers, Williams chomping at the bit and D'Ardenne in a nice black number with white gloss lippy, Trinny & Susan eat your hearts out. So on to the match, a lackluster 20mins saw City with most of the possesion and on 24 mins they turned the possesion into a goal, an excellent run from midfield from Greening who then bent in a shot from a tight angle. This sent Williams straight from his dugout chair into the dugout kitchen to get a dugout guiness, things were looking good. Both teams played out a dull "rest of half" with both teams returning to theyre changing rooms for more tactical wizardry from their mentors, D'Ardenne's teamtalk must have been a rousing speech as on 48mins Mr Faty recieved his marching orders for a outrageous verbal outburst of "Tu me casses les couilles, Gros con, putain de merde!!" towards Referee Mark Ward, or possibly the Man City Manager himself!! The extra man counted when on 59mins Boa Morte crossed into the box for Greening to claim his 2nd of the game a bullet header from 12 yds.

Red Mancs 2 Blue Mancs 0

Less said the better I suppose, Baptista 68 Smylie 78, not alot of chance City's way, Green was on form stopping the bulk of the long range shots from Utd.

Brummie Blues 2 Blue Mancs 0

Another dissapointing result, held out well in the 1st half only to crumble in the 2nd with goals from Edu(46) and Huddlestone (49) 2 straight defeats and Chelski next, Saints are looking more attractive by the day.

Blue Mancs 2 Blue London Communist Gazillionaires 3

Well not since the days of FM Fanatics have I been dreading this match with Dunga. Morale was at a low and this defeat could cause the Fans to start singing Oasis songs, things were grim. Sure enough a Cassano Brace sandwiched between a Benedetti screamer saw City going into the 2nd half with a 3 goal defecit, and no there was=n't going to be a Rafa teamtalk followed by a rousing rendition of "You'll never walk alone", just a half ****ed City Manager with not alot left in the locker, the lads could sense I was trying to distance myself from them, maybe it was when i did an Ant N Dec style exit through the dressing room wall straight down to my Limo. 2nd thoughts and a 3rd steel inforced wall made me turn around and and try again to rally the troops, "C'mon lads, Dungas going to rip the **** in his post if its any more than 4-0, the lads laughed and said who gives a flying feck, at which point the Gallagher brothers arrived and promised a hefty bonus if we kept the score down, the lads responded with an excellent 2nd half display, Simonetta twice getting on the end of Boa Morte crosses, for a well taken brace and to bring some humility top the scoreline.

London Jewish Community Project 4 Blue Mancs 0

With the lads well remunirated from Noel and Liam the week went with a blur and by the time Pagi's Spurs were due to get a beating the lads were well and truely bolloxed, this resulted in a lackluster performance with a brace for McFadden and goals for Ribeiro and Defoe, Spurs keeper Igor Akinfeev took a chair for the 2nd half as City failed to notch 1 single on target shot and only 1 ballooned effort for the whole of the 90.

Eygiptian Tight Arse Millionaires 1 Blue Mancs 0

Mo's North African contingent werew as boring as ever eeking out another 1-0 Russian Andrey Arshavin claiming a simple header on 34 mins.

Blue Mancs 0 Dirty Blue Scousers 5

Running out of ink so cant finish repo....

mancity.gif

Transfers In

Dirk Ackermann - Shalke 04 - 500k

23 year old German central midfielder,good player with a couple of seasons for improvement, no Dinjar admittedly but a good bargain.

Dwight Pezzarossi - Aston Vanilla - 1.5m

Versitile 30 year old Guatemalan utility striker and winger, lacking teamwork but good concentration, composure and finishing

Jonathen de Guzman - Baggies - 1m

22 year old Canadian, yes i know, but excellent dribbler good mental stats, and a good passer.

Mattia Longoni - Meeeelan (CL loosers) - 575k

22 year old Italian MC possibly a bad buy but worth a try for the money

Nicola Legrottaglie - Bolton - 1.8m

33 year old CB bought as cover, got a bit of flack from the supporters for this 1 but they can kiss my hairy ar se. Got a feeling he's gonna do well this season.

Fabio Aurelio - Juve - 3.8m

By far my best buy for the Mancs, a 30 year old left back/midfield with excellent all round stats, solid stuart pearce esque player, fantastic!!

Darren Carter - Blue Brummies - 750k

well known 26 year old midfield battler will do well if he doesnt loose his rag

Mounir el Hamdaoui - Juve - 2.1m

25 year old striker, bought to bolster the squad no Ronaldo thats for sure, but maybe help me avoid relegation

Simone Petralia - Novese - 20k

17 year old right midfielder 1 for the future if I can keep my job long enough to play him!

Gary Reed - 'Boro - 180k

17 year old centre back, young but determined, may well see 1st team football next season.

Vyacheslav Malafeev - Zenith Peterburg - 275k

Excellent Goalkeeper for the price, sure to oust the ever dependable Green with ease.

Well thats my 11.5 gone, make your own judgement as to whether they are good buy's bad buy's or Dunga buy's. Will be posting my results soon, stay tuned for tales of GOAT bashing and Chelski hammering, I shyte you not...........

Archived