How to phase out older stars?

RBKalle

As in previous iterations, it looks like plenty of aging stars (or decent players) still get a lot of playing time for their clubs despite their physical stats (and CA) barely justifying it...

I reckon that's due to their high Reputation and Mental attributes, but in real life some of them have been used sparingly or downright sidelined (e.g. Totti at Roma)

How can I try to replicate the drop down the pecking order without resorting to drastic measures, like tampering with Mental attributes that are still accurate?

It's a tricky bit, because they DO still possess decent mental traits and are held in high esteem (at times), and their technical skills can still be top-notch.. It's just they can't perform at that level long enough in a game to make them viable Starting XI choices.

P.S. As a side-question: how can I reflect the failure of a player to take the step to a higher level? E.g. a midfielder playing magnificently at mid-table level but failing to establish himself in a more competitive setup despite possessing the skills to do so?

Low pressure? Low important matches? Low determination?

You could edit their fitness level like natural fitness, stamina, strength as this is a major factor for AI managers when it goes to select a player for a match or sub him.

Archived