[FM15]Effect of various facilities.

I know that club facilities are important, but to what extent?

I ask because, I used the editor to create a new English team, to replace some team in Vanarama South. I made sure that my team's Reputation was significantly lower than the lowest reputation team in the league.

What I did is that I set all types of facilities(except corporate) to 20. Also gave them a ground which currently holds only 4000, but with an expansion capacity of 200k. To balance all these upgrades, I gave them a 100million pound debt.

Now, things started out well, and we had 5000-1 odds to win. The board's lowest target was fight bravely against relegation. We started with a big defeat.

But things suddenly changed. We won the next three games, and went up 2nd. However, we then entered into Administration, and lost 10 points(yeah, on -1 after 4 games). But again, we continued to win, and halfway through the season, we are again in the playoff spots.

Note that all players were autogenerated.

So my question is, can great training facilities make a relegation favourite into a title contender?

That should happen, shouldn't it?

Well, I have made the club fan owned, so no sugar Daddy. And I wanted some kind of a challenge.

We haven't sold any of our facilities. We got our debts restructured many times. Currently, we are left with a Company Voluntary Agreement(What?) And have a debt of $12.75million left with $2.5million interest payable till 2040.So within a year and a half we have reduced our debt by $125 million. And are won a promotion. If this is so easy, why don't all clubs do it?

That should happen, shouldn't it?

Well, I have made the club fan owned, so no sugar Daddy. And I wanted some kind of a challenge.

We haven't sold any of our facilities. We got our debts restructured many times. Currently, we are left with a Company Voluntary Agreement(What?) And have a debt of $12.75million left with $2.5million interest payable till 2040.So within a year and a half we have reduced our debt by $125 million. And are won a promotion. If this is so easy, why don't all clubs do it?

Because in real life you can't. In FM it's impossible to go bankrupt which is exactly what'd happen to a non-league club with those debts.

Okay, another thing. Can someone explain how a debt of $140million gets reduced to $13million on restructuring? Also, suppose I want to pay back the loan Early. So is it okay if I reduce my loan as well as balance by x amount in the editor? Or will it be advantageous to me?(want to understand the finance)

Additionally, How much does it cost to build level 20 youth and training facilities? My idea behind the save was that we should have the best possible facilities at all times, Bu 'Technological advances' do not allow that. Ofcourse the board would not let me upgrade. So, at some time, I plan to up my facilities from 18 to 20. So how much should I deduct from my Balance?

Additionally, How much does it cost to build level 20 youth and training facilities? My idea behind the save was that we should have the best possible facilities at all times, Bu 'Technological advances' do not allow that. Ofcourse the board would not let me upgrade. So, at some time, I plan to up my facilities from 18 to 20. So how much should I deduct from my Balance?

Anyone ?

I do not think anyone knows because of how the facilities upgrade system works, unlike stadia clubs in FM do not build new training facilities so there is no set value based on size & standards.

Your debt restructuring question will be impossible to answer without seeing before & after screenshots of every finance screen plus the related news items, obviously major debts that will default can be restructured at a 10c to the $ sort of deal.

Archived