FM 2008: Sunderland AFC - The Irish Revolution

marcftm

I highly recommend getting Christopher Samba from Blackburn i got him for 1 million in the first season he didnt play too well avergaed 6.84 for the season in 22 games. Just sold him for 20 million over 24 months to Portsmouth. got 17.5 million to spend in second season as t he board decided to spen 20 million on adding 16000 seats to the ground. I think it was 20 million because the maintenance for that month was over 20 million and its usually only 500,000. Wish they had given the money to me though lol.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by AcidBurn:

I highly recommend getting Christopher Samba from Blackburn i got him for 1 million in the first season he didnt play too well avergaed 6.84 for the season in 22 games. Just sold him for 20 million over 24 months to Portsmouth. got 17.5 million to spend in second season as t he board decided to spen 20 million on adding 16000 seats to the ground. I think it was 20 million because the maintenance for that month was over 20 million and its usually only 500,000. Wish they had given the money to me though lol.

Samba is fbbbbbbbbbbb like icon_cool.gif

Samba is fbbbbbbbbbbb like

He sure is although he didnt have a good average rating for me plus the money i got for him has bought me Enyeama, Lulinha, Harry Kewell and still a fair few million to spare.

I bid for Matias Fernandez and he wanted 73k a week but the board would only let me offer 58k so i couldnt get himj god damn it.

Originally posted by sunderland:

i started december 2007 by accident. and Sunderland are top of the league.

haha, not sure how that happened....

bet u cant keep them there icon_wink.gif. lol.

huntelaar thus far has proved a huge waste of money, 22 million and after 13 games, 3 goals no assists and an ave rating of 6.6 ish.

Originally posted by BlackCats Rule:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sunderland:

i started december 2007 by accident. and Sunderland are top of the league.

haha, not sure how that happened....

bet u cant keep them there icon_wink.gif. lol.

huntelaar thus far has proved a huge waste of money, 22 million and after 13 games, 3 goals no assists and an ave rating of 6.6 ish. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dont worry he'll come good.

Well, finished 9th in my second season. Big Niall accepted a 17mill bid for Gordon from villareal, so i'm searching for a new GK, Ustari was looking promising before Arsenal stole the transfer from under me.

Now considering Fabianski, and Brazilian keeper called Felipe from santos.

Diarra turned out to be the buy of the season for 7.5 mill, averaged 7.42 and was the rock in my team. breno and Ratihno are now being courted by a load of big clubs such as AC Milan, so its likely i'll lose them too. Still might get a lot of money so i can go mental in the transfer market before next season.

check out bogdan shust from shakhtar for GK he looks ace on mine.

other gks:

Marco amelia

Ochoa

Libis arenas

try to keep breno. if u got hi mset as key player he might stay anyway just so he doesnt end up on a bench. fingers crossed.

im just starting 5th seaso nas sunderland and in my 4th i finished 2nd my team for that was:

GK: Ustari

LB: Riis/ Harte

RB: Simpson

CB: McShane ©

CB: Breno

CM: Nakamura

CM: Colocini (vc)

AML: Jankovic

AMR: Bojinov/ Barkroth

ST: Dagoberto

ST: Sharp (in January became Huntelaar.)

so far this season it looks like im going to be lining up with:

LB: Riise

CB: Vidic

CM: Nakamura/ Obi Mikel

AML: Cassano

ST: Dagoberto ©

ST: Huntelaar

i really need a good keeper who doesnt mind being on the bench most the time, atm i use trevor carson (he came through my youth system and hes really low championship side just cant find a keeper who will sign as backup who is worth looking at.

just back from the sunderland fakirk match pile of mince lol

anyways yea

i signed those 2 russians and addo and a player called menez from monaco who was ok only reason cos my bro made a good team up with man u and he gave me 7m to improve me squad got sacked on me first season after losin to scum 2-1 :|

as i was predicting i was struggling after my first season as i restarted and bought the same players untill i decided to muck with tacts and beat fulham 4-0 won 2-0 vrs reading then lost to liverpool my problem is the tcts work on home not away :| but been looking around this thread and gonna see wot i can do im 13th with 8 games played stokes ( moany git collinz and nyron all wanted transfer listed so i told 2 of them they can go kept nyron )

i will keep updated hopefully come back with more positives soon icon_biggrin.gif

aha way the lads

sunderland seems like a great challange in this edition however transfer prices are double, k jones was not 11mill and chopra was not 9mill and players too underrated imho

come on, use pounds as your currency!!! then u wont see them over value

Finished a first successful season with Sunderland finishing 8th and getting to the Euro Vase. Chris Eagles and Eddie Johnson were class for me.

2nd season now;

Transfers In;

Gabriel Agbonlahor 4.2m (He's class, what a bargain.)

Chris Eagles 4.6m

Branimir Kostadinov 70k

Yossi Benayoun 4.4m (Was on transfer list)

Lulinha 3.2m

Khalid Boulahrouz (Same As Benayoun)

Jose Baxter 875k

Breno 8.5m

David Mendes Da Silva 5.75m

Transfers Out;

Dickson Etuhu 2.5m

Clive Clarke 1m

7 released on frees.

So I got Trabzonspor in the Euro Vase, beat them 5-0 on aggregate, then got Mypa. First leg away, 8-0!!! Chopra got 6! icon_eek.gif Then won 5-0 second leg, the I got Slavan Liberec and won the first leg 3-0 away.

In the league so far;

Liverpool 1:0 W

Man City 2:1 W

Boro 3:3 D

Reading 1:1 D

Norwich 3:2 W

Blackburn 5:1 W

Got 3 on form strikers atm, Agbonlahor, Eddie Johnson and Michael Chopra.

Things are looking very good.

Originally posted by BlackCats Rule:

check out bogdan shust from shakhtar for GK he looks ace on mine.

other gks:

Marco amelia

Ochoa

Libis arenas

try to keep breno. if u got hi mset as key player he might stay anyway just so he doesnt end up on a bench. fingers crossed.

im just starting 5th seaso nas sunderland and in my 4th i finished 2nd my team for that was:

LB: Riis/ Harte

CB: McShane ©

CM: Nakamura

AML: Jankovic

ST: Dagoberto

ST: Sharp (in January became Huntelaar.)

so far this season it looks like im going to be lining up with:

LB: Riise

CB: Vidic

CM: Nakamura/ Obi Mikel

AML: Cassano

ST: Dagoberto ©

ST: Huntelaar

i really need a good keeper who doesnt mind being on the bench most the time, atm i use trevor carson (he came through my youth system and hes really low championship side just cant find a keeper who will sign as backup who is worth looking at.

Get Kasper Schmeichel, he is a mint replacement.

K Jones is banging in the goals got me, have him set as the target man and playing a 4132. I am leaking goals like crazy though, wasnt able to sign a good defender yet, still in my first season but getting close to the Jan transfer window.

Any suggestions on a good defender that has worked with sunderland for you already?

Just started as Sunderland as i support them in real life. Am looking for players to strengthen all areas of the team only played on friendly so far this is my 2nd go on the demo with Sunderland and i must say Chopra and Kenwyne Jones are aweful up front always miss easy chances.

Anyone had any luck with these two?

Who have you signed i have only signed Eric Addo, Flamini on loan. The lack of transfer funds is annoying lol.

I currently have a sunderland game and in my first season kenwyne jones came 3rd in top goalscorers with him being top the majority of the time. Agreed chops is pretty poor but kj with stokes or connely are good.

finished 5th, was 2nd for most of the season then in march had a horrible dip in form. Need a proven goal scorer as I'm not getting enough imo. tons of shots on goal, most of which are on target and not a single one hits the back of the net.

feel like i need a new right-back, right-winger, and proven goal scorer

got 30mill to spend

suggestions?

also, some of my squad are ****ed off at the moment for having offers either rejected or negotiated to highly:

gordon, lehtovaara, pjanic, aaritalo to name a few

my squad:

GK: Ustari, Dudek

CB: Vidic, Breno, McShane, Colocini

LB: Riise, Harte

RB: Simpson, Halford

MC: Obi Mikel, Sivok, Nakamura, Colocini

AML: Cassano, Jankovic

AMR: Bojinov, Barkroth, Jankovic

AMC: Dagoberto, Leadbitter, Jankovic, Barkroth

ST: Huntelaar, Sharp

ST recomendations:

Luke Moore

Dagoberto (either ST or AMC with farrow)

Huntelaar

Vagner Love

Jo (cska)

Billy sharp

Right Backs:

simpson

vanden borre

carlinhos (cant remmeber his club he might be left back cant really rmember and not got game loaded up.

Right wingers:

Bojinov

Jankovic

Ashley Young

not sure on prices im in october of my 5th season and ive either already got thiose players or theyve moved around alot so depends where theyve gone on yours and they should all be possibilities unless theyve moved to massive clubs.

First season

came 11th thanks to defensive but effective 4 4 2 with 2 holding midfielders

transfers in:

walter centeno(free) old but classy

motta- loan

hoyte-loan

haestaed- 400k amazing physical and mental stats

tarik elyounoussi-200k winger was worth 7 mill following year, some swedish team

ignasevich-free, solid and good captain

stancu- 120k, absolute legend played him in 2nd half of season- scored 16 in 18 games

aaritola- cheap and altho didnt perform, great investment

bilyadenitov- 3.2m, bout him at jan, was quite good, will improve tho

bjarnason- free from some swedish side, became quality in second season

am comin 4th in second season

bought banega, arouca, defoe, lasana diarra and have am top scorer in league after 12 games with 34 goals

summer 09 window just closed and boy have I been busy!

INS:

Yessu Cabrera - 35k la equidad (amrlc fc)

Cesar Ochoa - 40k mallorca (gk)

Mathieu Flamini - 120k arsenal

Angel Acosta - 220k elche (drc)

Thiago - 600k barca c (mrc)

Craig Cathcart - 2.1mill man utd (dc)

Jermain Defore - 6.75mill portsmouth

Karim Ziani - 12.75mill hsv (amrlc) - just broke his leg icon_frown.gif

Carlos Idriss Kameni - 16.75mill espanyol (gk)

Kader Keita - 18.25mill lyon (amrlc fc)

OUTS:

dowson - 150k swansea

connolly - 0 celtic

dalla valle - 2mill + 50% sell on arsenal

gordon - 20mill + 50% sell on fc bayern [was complaining for over a season to be sold]

barkroth - 2mill + 50% sell on man utd

ok so i'm sure some of you are gonna asky why i sold dalla valle and barkroth - they're not getting any beter so i thought why not cash in now - plus the sell on clause is a nice feature if they do make something really big out of themselves.

still unhappy:

pjanic, lehtovaara, aaritalo

keep getting enquiries and offers but they dont match my valuation of the player - which then ****es the player off coz i didn't accept liverpool's piddly offer

ugh so many headaches

I'm getting seriously F************************ Off now. Ive got a class team, but Agbonlahor, Fernandez and Eddie Johnson, 3 of my best players injured for at least a month.

I finished fourth last year and brought in Matias Fernandez, Mika Vayrynen, Thiago, Sinama-Pongolle and Thiago motta.

My team cant play together atm. Im sitting 16th and Im getting so infuriated here. Im gonna resign soon! icon_mad.gif

Originally posted by revolution_is_my_name:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by marcftm:

I quit cos my team wouldnt play, Im Wolves now. Super Stevie Elliott is mint, why did we let him go icon_frown.gif.

injury prone, nothing special in his few appearances (bar the odd good performance) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not seen his goals like?

Originally posted by marcftm:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by revolution_is_my_name:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by marcftm:

I quit cos my team wouldnt play, Im Wolves now. Super Stevie Elliott is mint, why did we let him go icon_frown.gif.

injury prone, nothing special in his few appearances (bar the odd good performance) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not seen his goals like? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he had a couple of fantastic ones years ago - when he played somewhat consistently. and dont get me started on that disgrace today...it's nice to have FM to get away from the sad reality that is SAFC

I havent played my Sunderland save in awhile and i got to say after the 7-1 beating yesterday it makes me want to play so i can keep us in the prem coz in real life i get the feeling we are going down. Keane did ace to get us promoted but the players he has bought are useless Chopra 5 million what a joke, for 35 million we should not be where we are and we wouldn't if we had bought better players with the money. Never mind us sunderland fans should be used to getting relegated by now.

Originally posted by karllucas1991:

You lot should be proud off keane his only downfall so far is his signings. i wish he was liverpool manager too be honest cause i hate benitez if i hear the word rotation again im gonna break both his legs. icon_smile.gif

You won 3-0 yesterday and are 5th with a game in hand. Swap ya?

Just look at the table, we win next week we can go 12th do you know, one game doesn't make a season.

or in the case of sheff utd it does! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really, if they drew 1 game they would of stayed up so not really.

Originally posted by marcftm:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by revolution_is_my_name:

Just look at the table, we win next week we can go 12th do you know, one game doesn't make a season.

Not really, if they drew 1 game they would of stayed up so not really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what you jsut said validates my point! 1 draw was all they needed..their season rode on that 1 game...plus carlos tevez and the west ham affair

Don't want to argue but everyone else around us needs to lose for us to go that high up, Keane has made bad signings so far if he makes some good ones in Jan we might stay up. 7-1 is a humiliating defeat, most of the people i work with support Liverpool and Man Utd so tomorrow is gonna be full of stick for me. Lets just hope we can stay up.

Waiting for my new PC to come so yet again i can start as Sunderland like i said earlier the defeat against Everton make me want to play but no point until my new PC gets here. Anyone managed to win the league yet?

nope, came 4th 2nd season and that's as good as I've done. hoping to make 3rd this season

Not really, if they drew 1 game they would of stayed up so not really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what you jsut said validates my point! 1 draw was all they needed..their season rode on that 1 game...plus carlos tevez and the west ham affair </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No what I meant was if they drew another game than that one, it wouldnt of.

Don't want to argue but everyone else around us needs to lose for us to go that high up, Keane has made bad signings so far if he makes some good ones in Jan we might stay up. 7-1 is a humiliating defeat, most of the people i work with support Liverpool and Man Utd so tomorrow is gonna be full of stick for me. Lets just hope we can stay up.

Man Utd got beat of Bolton.

5th season im currently 1st in november so hopefully can go on to win the league icon_biggrin.gif, finished 2nd last season behind an undefeated chelsea :S.

and everton result was humiliating to say the least, my mate who supports saints kept texting me everytime everton scored just to make it worse, so everytime i texted him saying "who's even in the prem?"

Hi, I'm another sundland fan currently in the2nd season. I had a 12m offer accepted by niall, so I bought Marco Amelia. I recommend Flamini on loan, Ciprian Marica, Bogdan Stancu, Wijnaldum and Danny haynes. Just beat man u 3-0 and Hargreaves scored an own goal with an over-head kick!!

MY first season came 11th.

starting my 2nd season, and i made lots of mistake of bring in Riquelme(i play him CM and SUCK!)

-got Erik Edman for LB (not better then Ian Harte)

-got Van der meyde (but after i got farfan too) so he stay in sub.

- got Stancu so he can play along wih jones, he start of very bad, but now getting better.

Last season i got Evans on loan so def was ok, but now i lost him, and i dont have money to get

a new one so i am using Mchane and Higginbitham..Mchane is ok, but Higg....not good at playing CB.. i got 3M left, so anyone can give me some advive for a good CB so i can get in Jan??

becuase 6 games i let in 14g!! thats bad!

mcshane gets awesome im in 5th season and mcshane was a first team regular till start of this season and even now he makes a few appearances.

Breno is awesome but doubt ulll get him for 3 mill unless they give u more moeny in january.

Does anyone have any advice for a good left back? ( im in 5th season and currently i use Riise with Harte as backup but they are both getting on a bit.)

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished my 3rd season, in 4th place. community shield runners up, fa cup winners, ECC semi-finalist (lost to barca 6-3 on aggregate)

following team going into 4th season:

GK: Carlos Idriss Kameni / Jukka Lehtovaara (now happy)

DL: Raul Bravo (need another)

DR: Rafinha (just signed 14mill) / McShane

DC: Michael Dawson / Ignashevich

DC: Cathcart / Garay / Nordtveit

ML: Aaritalo / Dzsudzsak

MR: Ziani / Stokes

DM: Flamini / Tymoschuck / Thiago

AMC: Jimenez / Pjanic / Richardson

SC: Defoe / Doudin

SC: Keita / Thiago

got about 20mill left to spend, constantly challenging for title so no major improvements needed - but def need another left-back, possible amr/l and a young striker

Archived