FM 2008: Sunderland AFC - The Irish Revolution

marcftm

On a 8 game unbeaten run, Drew 6 though.

Arsenal 1-3 Safc

Safc 0-0 L'pool

Everton 2-2 Safc

Safc 4-2 Bolton

Wigan 0-0 Safc

Safc 2-2 Scum

Reading 0-0 Safc

Safc 2-2 Pompey

I'm sitting at 12th, want too be finishing around 8th and above, need to start winning.

Michael Johnson and Oscar Ustari are my best players so far, Defoe top scorer.

Next 3 games;

Blackburn (A)

West Brom (H)

Boro(A)

I want at least 4 points from them.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think i may have had the ebst second season i could possibly have had, fiished 6 th !!!! icon_biggrin.gif

however my contract expires in 2 weeks ive asked for a new deal but still ntohing, should i be worried? i mean i couldnt have done anything any better, ive only made one bad signing and ive got us into europe ive met all the cup minimum expectations :S

Originally posted by BlackCats Rule:

ok two days before my contract ran out i got my new one, but now to add to my problems craig gordon feels he has achieved all he can with sunderland and wants too leave, any1 got advice on how to convince him to stay? or shld i give up and look for his replacement?

Let him F**k Off. Say you want 100 mil, I did cos I didnt want to sell so Arsenal bid 35mil and Quinn said yes, then get Ustari, like I've done.

virtually identicle thing happened but i noly got 34 mill :p, but think ustaris gonna be gone before i can get in there, lotsa clubs already bidding, but maybe gordon will reject arsenal.... lol unlikely. i might try kameni if ustari gone, or maybe boruc.

Gordon went to Arsenal on my game as well. Thankfully I beat them 3-1 away icon_biggrin.gif. Still unbeaten now, 11 games. Ustari for me was 13 mil, on 91k p/w. Little did I realise I had given him a 18m release clause icon_frown.gif. He wont accept another contract either.

Originally posted by marcftm:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BlackCats Rule:

virtually identicle thing happened but i noly got 34 mill :p, but think ustaris gonna be gone before i can get in there, lotsa clubs already bidding, but maybe gordon will reject arsenal.... lol unlikely. i might try kameni if ustari gone, or maybe boruc.

Gordon went to Arsenal on my game as well. Thankfully I beat them 3-1 away icon_biggrin.gif. Still unbeaten now, 11 games. Ustari for me was 13 mil, on 91k p/w. Little did I realise I had given him a 18m release clause icon_frown.gif. He wont accept another contract either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

damn i think i boosted his up to 200 million :p it started as him wanting like 18 or something. but ive learnt my lesson the hardway with release clauses, on 07 at deportivo man utd bought a 25 mill one on collocini icon_frown.gif.

I am a Sunderland fan IRL and am waiting for my newQuadcore PC to arrive before i start a proper game as Sunderland. So my question is the finances seem to be crap to start with so how do you guys get so much money after like 2 seasons. Is Quinn as generous in the game a real life with the money?

Originally posted by AcidBurn:

I am a Sunderland fan IRL and am waiting for my newQuadcore PC to arrive before i start a proper game as Sunderland. So my question is the finances seem to be crap to start with so how do you guys get so much money after like 2 seasons. Is Quinn as generous in the game a real life with the money?

First season I got 500k, 7 mil in January though.

Second Season, 26 mil and I sold people and got to 40 mil.

Third Season I got 24mil after finishing 9th.

First season I got 500k, 7 mil in January though.

Second Season, 26 mil and I sold people and got to 40 mil.

Third Season I got 24mil after finishing 9th.

Sounds cool, it is annoying me that my new PC aint here i want to take Sunderland to glory or at least try. Might have to put up with slow speeds and stuff then transfer the game to my new PC. I don't know if i can wait the three days til it gets here lol.

7million by January is good though seems theres a few moer Sunderland fans on these forums than i thought.

you make roughly 10 mill at least on season tickets but quin doesnt seem to turn any of it to transfers till january of first season, i got about 8 mill for league finish first season then got 29.5 mill in tv rights? seems excessive but i dont care. explains some of the hiking costs of players tho.

but quin is a ****** in this game, accepted 26 mill for gordon cos was too good? i mean wtf?

i did get ustari but gordon had 17 clean sheets the previous season :@

Okay so i started as Sunderland and transfer the saved game across to my new computer when it gets here, so far these are my transfers

Players Out

Murphy 1.5 million plus a young scottish DM that looks to have potential but probably odesnt

Danny Collins 500k

Roy O'Donovan 1.4 million

Players in

Flamini loan

Ignashevish(sp) Free

Alberto Bueno loan

Jonathan Evans Loan

Ionescu 100k

I managed to win my first game at Anfield 2-0 goals from Chopra and Jones. Chopra was awesome as he scored and set up Jones's goal. I will keep you updated for the rest of the season.

nice, im having a tough 3rd season, despite having dagoberto, bojinov and sharp as attacking players apparently none can score 1 on 1s ??

im gonna tyr grind out this season and see if i even keep the job. had draw with west ham lost to portsmouth lost to liverpool only beaten reading and wigan :/

what season you in? and if u got the right players try playing:

3 CB WBL WBR,

2 cm (1 defensive one neutral)

AMC

2 ST

held draws for em away to big teams. unless u already got good tactic :p.

Am in Feb on season 3, I'm fine with tactics,

Top four mathces:

Chelsea (A) Lost 3-1

Man You (H) Lost 2-1

Arsenal (A) Won 2-1

Liverpool (H) Drew 0-0

Chelsea (H) Drew 0-0

Man You (A) Lost 2-0

Arsenal home soon as well, I'm probs their bogey team icon_smile.gif.

arsenal and utd are the only teams ive played in the prem who i havent beaten this save icon_frown.gif. played both 5 times.

at least with arsenal ive held two draws tho, utd is 5 defeats icon_frown.gif

every other prem team i have beaten at some point with my super sunderland side.

I aint beaten Chelsea, United, West Brom (only played them once away, play them in a few games)

Lost all me games against United, drew 2 against Chelski and drew the only game against West Brom.

why would any1 want to sell Gordon??

he's great!!

anyway.. sold of Kenwyne Jones and Ross Wallace... got about 11mill from the both of them...

bought, in the first season

Alex(Vasco) - 400k

Lulinha(Corinthians) - 1.5mil

Wijnaldum(Feyenoord) - 750k

Eddie Johnson (Kansas City) - 2.3mil

Christopher Samba (Blackburn) - 3mil

Distel Zola (Monaco) - 275k

After a great 11game unbeaten start, team toned down after getting smashed by Chelsea, finished 7th .....

Alex came after the mid-season transfer window and played well

Lulinha is too young to come till the 2nd season

Wijnaldum played great!

Eddie Johnson is Eddie Johnson

Zola was really effective

Samba was the 2nd best buy after Eddie, anchoring the defence.

Finished 9th, 4th (missed out on Champions League though as Liverpool who finished 6th won the Champions League). Just completed 3rd season and finished 3rd. Best player Salvio signed from Lanus.

One disaster though, extended the stadium by 12343 in season 08/09, however once completed there was no change. Just anounced that it is getting expanded again by 11883 at a cost of £14,535,244. Just hope the seats materilise.

Black Cats its on Sky Sports 1.

Im Sure Keano will get a great reception tonight.

Started a new Black Cats game.

Budget £4.7m

Ins

Zarate £3.1m

Nengomashe £750k

Outs

None

First Team

GK Gordon

LB Harte

RB Halford

CB Anderson

CB McShane

CDM Nengomashe

CAM Stokes

LAM Richardson

RAM Edwards

ST Jones

ST Zarate

We are on Setanta Sports and don't deserve to be losing 1-0 but as usual we lack any real punch up front no one good enough to partner Kenwyne if no one arrives to partner him in Jan i think theres a great chance we could be relegated.

Started Again icon_frown.gif

Bought Eddie Johnson for 2.4mil

Chris Eagles on loan

Lauri Dalla Valle for 20k

Bids in for Alex (Just so I can sell him for moneys 2nd season tbh) Jack Hobbs on loan, Mathieu Flamini

Sold Danny Collins to Palace for 1.2mil!!!!! Leabitter for 5 mil over 2 years to Scunthorpe.

Am in pre-seaon atm, things looking merh.

Just done the first season.

I Came 9th which i was delighted with.

Niall generously gave me £25m to spend to get in the Uefa cup

I was delighted with the Midfield and Strikers part so only 2 additions with Lulinha in AMC and as a striker

But i wanted a completely new defence So i did.

Im in the Euro Vase after the 9th Place.

But i got through it so im in the Uefa Cup Qualifying.

Ins

Lulinha £3.3m

Tamas £5m

Nordtveit £1m

Guilherme £5m

Samba £5m

Frazier Cambell £2.7m

Thiago £6m

Walcott Loan

Outs

McShane £3.9m

Richardson £2.5m

1st Eleven

GK Gordon

LB Guilherme

RB Tamas

CB Samba

CB Nordtveit

CDM Nengomashe

CAM Lulinha

LAM Alex

RAM Wijnaldum

ST Walcott

ST Zarate

I got odds of 50-1 so the Bookies are backing me for 6th Place.

Im delighted with my team personally.

Great Keeper

Great Left Back

Awesome Right Back

Rock Solid Centre Backs

Solid Defensive Mid

Great RAM

Great LAM

Sensational CAM

Zarate was the premiership top scorer last year

and Walcott is a great strike partner for Zarate

What does all you black cats fans think of my team.

Its a great young team aswell.

Anyone reckon strenthening needed?

I reckon ill get in the Uefa Cup through the league next season as ive sorted out my Defence and Strenthened my Attack.

im not a fan of walcot but thats just me, he seems to have stacks of pace but not alot else whenever i sign him, so he smashes through a defence then smacks the ball into the crowd.

apart from that looks very solid, in attack you def got lotsa years left with them, think you will struggle in europe but depends how well your guys play and if tactics are right you might do very well, just thinking lack of experience might hinder you slightly?

but i sometimes go the other way and do an AC Milan and have a squad of old people who cant run, which can work in italy but in prem you're stuffed. this is why i regretted signing roy makaay, altho getting pippo inzaghi on season long loan was great in my 2nd season, but by 3rd hes 35/36 and thats too old even for me :p.

i also love mcshane for me hes been solid, by far my best defender and i got breno and colocini aswell, but i play 3 cb so they all play icon_biggrin.gif

Walcott looks FB on his debut got 2 Assists and the MOM.

I can see him and Zarate working well TBH.

I love Niall's Low Expectations.

He wants the 5th round of the FA Cup

The 1st group stage in the Uefa

and 5th round of League Cup.

And i need to get in the top 7 this year.

Yeah ill definately try a perma deal in January hes been great for me.

So far hes played 3 scored 1 and made 2.

He just missed one game due to it being against Arsenal.

We drew 2-2.

Im in the bottom 3 at the moment but have had 3 less games than everyone else and have had Arsenal and Liverpool in the first 5 games.

well just make sure you win your next 3 :p. not sure quin will like being bottom 3 :p.

i normally start season well, my 2nd season started with wins away vs totenham, boro and birmingham all clean sheets.

i always end seasons bad tho, first seaon i got onto a 5 match losing streak in a 8 match without winning. wasnt fun. not all good teams either, like west ham, boro, reading were in that.

in 3rd still atm tho after 23 games in 3rd season icon_biggrin.gif.

dunno if you could get dagoberto first season that price? hes awesome for me tho.

billy sharp 3rd season is doing very well for me too, but dunno how he is early but might not leave cos he just join sheff.

eddie johnson is meant to be awesome not sure on price tho, if you can arturo lupoli? i never had that much first season so i got agustin delgado as short ter mmeasure.

My game just messed up and will not load so i had to start again just planning ahead for the Jan transfer window.

Aaritalo i guess is the only one i can get straight away, i am kind of glad my game mesed up i was doing crap was hovering just above relegation after 30 games.

Billy Sharp could be good in the second season i bought him with someone else for 4 million.

What tactics do you guys use as my 4-4-2 got slaughtered last season.

Archived