What type of manager style describes you best?

When you first join a club what type of manager are you?

When you look at your new squad for the first time and analyse every player and positions they can play do you....

1.Stick to your own philosophy and try to fit the players into your own style and eventually build a team around your own ideas,you may struggle to fit square pegs into round holes at times but it's your philosophy and the players will eventually buy into your style?

2.Build a tactic and playing style around the players you have at your disposal,players will be more familiar with this but it may mean you have to play a style you don't like?

3.Something else I have missed maybe?

I tend to stick rigidly to my own style regardless if I have the right players available,it may be a slower process but eventually it is rewarding once I have the players to fit my system.

Start with 2. and move towards 1. No point trying to get players playing a tactic they can´t do, but I always try to retrain or recruit players towards my preferred tactical formation. That being said, if I find a tactics that works for the team before I reach my preferred tactics I will stick with it and nurture it through... why try fixing something if it don´t need fixing? Through doing that I´ve ended up the odd save with some very peculiar asymmetric wb formations before, but were successful on the field.

Start with 2. and move towards 1. No point trying to get players playing a tactic they can´t do, but I always try to retrain or recruit players towards my preferred tactical formation. That being said, if I find a tactics that works for the team before I reach my preferred tactics I will stick with it and nurture it through... why try fixing something if it don´t need fixing? Through doing that I´ve ended up the odd save with some very peculiar asymmetric wb formations before, but were successful on the field.

Snap. Especially in the lower leagues. Develop a system that fits them which is still fairly similar to what I would ideally like to be playing. Then slowly bring in players that are versatile and fit what I want to do. It's a slow process but that's how I like it. Unless I accidentally stumble across a world beating tactic in which case I keep it.

While in real life there's no way around to sooner or later shift the team towards your own preferred style - because that's what you know best and most about it and can accordingly teach it best -, in the game you can basically go from tiki-takaing one team to kick&rush with another team. No credibility issues here :)

So I usually do the no.2 and stick with it if it works.

Archived