Money in FM15

So I am in 2046, and after doing various things, I end up in Portugal, in sporting. Now they are one of the three clubs that will occupy he top three here no matter what happens, and when i took over, they were the third best. What I want to achieve is to make this club as good as, say, real madrid and Man u, so that the next Ronaldo does not have to leave.

The problem is Money. We do not recieve as much money from the League, and are yet to win it(FCP wins it every year). However, I have done pretty well in Europe, Won the Europa in my first attempt, went past the CL groups the next couple of times, and finally won CL twice, back to back. Now that I think should boost our reputation well. However, still, our sponsorships are just about $10m per season, apart from an 18m TV deal. My question is, how to raise more money to compete with European giants?

It's not going to happen after a couple of seasons. It's definitely dynamic, but financial aspects will rise at a fairly glacial pace. If you consistently have success, and that success drives other sides in the country to more success, then you'll probably start to see a difference, but don't expect it to be quick.

I managed Lincoln of Gibraltar, and turned those leagues into one of the top five in the Europe, with a £100 million TV deal and around the same in prize money. Now that's quite clearly not realistic, but it proves that it is dynamic in one way. It took close to fifty years for that to happen, with it being decades before you got even a small movement.

• Administrators

A sustained period of general success along with your league and club reputations rising will see the finances that you get increase.

Archived