Finding tutors

I am 8 years into a save with Southampton and throughout my time I have tried a few times to get in some model pros to help tutor my youngsters. The problem I seem to have however is that I either cannot find any model pros to sign or when i do sign them for some reason they cannot seem to tutor anyone! I am aware that it depends on squad status so I make sure that i sign them up as first team players, even with no intention of playing them (using them for their mental stats I want to harvest! Sounds creepy!). But the one or two that I do manage to find just are not able to tutor anyone!

Am I missing something in regards to them being allowed to tutor?

And how do you find more model pros? Might just be me but I am finding a serious lack of them in this years game.

Once I have a few it will start of a conveyor belt of being able to use people tutored as tutors once they are in the first team, but until then I am struggling.

IIRC new signings need time to blend into the squad before they can tutor younger players, give it 3-6 months & I imagine you'll be able to ask them to tutor players.

I would caution against signing players to first team status when you have no intention of using them as first team starters. Chances are they will start to become unhappy at not starting enough matches & the last thing you want is a youngster shadowing an unhappy player.

There are more requirements to tutoring than just squad status.

To tutor someone, you must meet all of the following:

The Tutor must be at least 24 years old (unless he's the club captain), and older than the player you want to be tutored (who can be no older than 23);

Both players must have a position in common (they don't need to be massively skilled in that position though);

The Tutor must have a higher reputation than the Tutee. However, iirc the reputation it is measured against is a hidden attribute and not the rep you see on a player's profile which can cause confusion;

The Tutor must have a higher squad status than the Tutee, and the Tutee can't be an established first team squad member. I believe the Tutee can't have a higher squad status than "Rotation", but I could be wrong there;

Neither player can be injured, and you can't train a PPM at the same time (unless that PPM will be learned via tutoring);

A Tutor can only tutor one player at a time, and must wait a while (4/5 weeks?) after finishing one tutoring session before starting another.

You can bring in a new player and have him start tutoring the next day.

And even with all of the above conditions met, tutoring can still fail at any time if the little princesses don't get along :rolleyes:.

There are many personality types that can have high professionalism (you don't only need to look for Model Pros), however there are only a few that will definitely have it: Model Citizen, Resolute, Perfectionist (careful with that one as they can have a bad temperament), Spirited, Model Professional, Professional, Fairly Professional.

One final note - finding professional players to become tutors is great, but watch their Determination attribute. It is quite possible to have a player with a professional type of personality but low Determination. Determination will also be passed along when tutoring, and low Determination isn't very desirable during matches.

Archived