A High Intensity System Inspired by Schmidt's Leverkusen

Hah would love to see you take on a challenge in Norway! Just dont pick Rosenborg as the league will be far too easy.

Was thinking more Denmark, take over a club and only sign Scandinavian players. Goal would be to win the Champions league and win the world cup with the national team too :D

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good to hear mate! Would definitely recommend sticking it down to counter for big games, although in game management will be needed if you do that :brock:

20 league games in now, won 15 and drawn 5 headed into the new year, 11 points clear.

Still not needed/tried to open up on counter but I do tone it down to control/structured to see out games late on.

A bit like the Liverpool of old, killing games off with possession, having got into a winning position through high temp play and pressing. :)

I have much succes with this setup in my Parma save, and got a little bit curious about this Roger Schmidt.

I just looked Roger Schmidt up in the editor and saw under general informations, that he likes to use following tactical roles. Sweeper keeper, wingback, ball-playing defender, wide midfielder, inside forward, advanced forward, false nine.

I dont know if this is accurate compared to real life? :)

20 league games in now, won 15 and drawn 5 headed into the new year, 11 points clear.

Still not needed/tried to open up on counter but I do tone it down to control/structured to see out games late on.

A bit like the Liverpool of old, killing games off with possession, having got into a winning position through high temp play and pressing. :)

Glad to see it working! I'd be interested to hear how structured works for you as that goes against the whole Schmidt philosophy. Especially in my save it's our compactness that gives us that ability to close down better in packs and win the ball back quicker. How does structured work from a pressing point of view?

Good to see it working for you though mate, keep me updated!:thup:

I have much succes with this setup in my Parma save, and got a little bit curious about this Roger Schmidt.

I just looked Roger Schmidt up in the editor and saw under general informations, that he likes to use following tactical roles. Sweeper keeper, wingback, ball-playing defender, wide midfielder, inside forward, advanced forward, false nine.

I dont know if this is accurate compared to real life? :)

Good to hear:cool: Hmm, as for these roles:

Sweeper Keeper: Yes Leno is definitely a SK.

Wing Back: Wendell is always getting forward as if Jedvaj so yes.

Ball Playing Defender: At times Tah brings it out of defence but for this system I didn't want players at the back to be looking for a ball playing defender. A BPD tends to attract the ball a bit more, and if any of my back line or keeper have the ball, I want to be focussing on getting it to my WPM asap, rather than getting it to a BPD. In real life maybe a little but in this tactic definitely not.

Wide Midfielder: Bellerabi could be seen as a WM but I wanted the out and out runs the Winger role gives you so went for this. In real life Bellerabi certainly has more instructions than the winger role in the game, and WM gives you more customisation, so could be a good shout yeah.

Inside forward/Advanced Playmaker: IF rarely. Only if Bellerabi or Brandt play on the left would they have this role, but I much prefer them on the right. The advanced playmaker is pretty much what Calhanoglu is, just starting on the left in the defensive shape, hence the WPM.

Advanced forwad: Yeah I'd agree with this for hernandez, or poacher. In the game however I wanted this player to get more involved in build up play, so went with CF instead.

Glad to see it working! I'd be interested to hear how structured works for you as that goes against the whole Schmidt philosophy. Especially in my save it's our compactness that gives us that ability to close down better in packs and win the ball back quicker. How does structured work from a pressing point of view?

Good to see it working for you though mate, keep me updated!:thup:

The pressing obviously isn't quite as extreme. I do get more of the two banks of four but the nearest players do still step out and press but you don't get two or three guys harassing the ball carrier.

I do only switch to control and structured to see out the last 10 minutes of games.

And we just lost our first game of the season 3-2 away to Spurs. :( Still top by 8pts after 25 games. Won 18, drawn 6 and lost 1 and that is with the original Liverpool squad, minus Enrique and Lovren and with the addition of Atleti's Oliver on loan to back up Coutinho.

The pressing obviously isn't quite as extreme. I do get more of the two banks of four but the nearest players do still step out and press but you don't get two or three guys harassing the ball carrier.

I do only switch to control and structured to see out the last 10 minutes of games.

And we just lost our first game of the season 3-2 away to Spurs. :( Still top by 8pts after 25 games. Won 18, drawn 6 and lost 1 and that is with the original Liverpool squad, minus Enrique and Lovren and with the addition of Atleti's Oliver on loan to back up Coutinho.

Could be a good shout I suppose to kill off games, but I'm a believer in attack is the best form of defence, even in the last 10 mins:brock: What's Coutinho's average rating?

:)

Coutinho is our top rated player at 7.99 - 28 apps, 3 goals and 6 assists.

I did expect more assists from him, if I am honest but that said he seems to often make the key pass that sets up the guy who assists the goal, if that makes sense?

Jordan Ibe is the next top rated player at 7.77 - 30 apps, 6 goals and he's our top assister with 12. He plays on the opposite flank in the Bellarabi role.

My rotation up front looks like this:

Firmino - 7.34 - 32 apps, 18 goals & 8 assists.

Ings - 7.47 - 30 apps, 17 goals & 7 assists.

Sturridge - 7.62 - 17 apps, 11 goals & 7 assists.

Benteke - 7.49 - 15 apps, 12 goals & 4 assists.

We've scored 64 (13 more than the next top scorers) goals in 26 league games but conceded 25, though that still gives us the 2nd best defence in the division.

:)

Coutinho is our top rated player at 7.99 - 28 apps, 3 goals and 6 assists.

I did expect more assists from him, if I am honest but that said he seems to often make the key pass that sets up the guy who assists the goal, if that makes sense?

Jordan Ibe is the next top rated player at 7.77 - 30 apps, 6 goals and he's our top assister with 12. He plays on the opposite flank in the Bellarabi role.

My rotation up front looks like this:

Firmino - 7.34 - 32 apps, 18 goals & 8 assists.

Ings - 7.47 - 30 apps, 17 goals & 7 assists.

Sturridge - 7.62 - 17 apps, 11 goals & 7 assists.

Benteke - 7.49 - 15 apps, 12 goals & 4 assists.

We've scored 64 (13 more than the next top scorers) goals in 26 league games but conceded 25, though that still gives us the 2nd best defence in the division.

Yeah your 2 wide players should be the highest ratings, and you're spot on with the key passes. My WPM consistently gets top of the league for key passes, mainly to the winger and he whips it accross for an assist. Your striker stats look fantastic!

Seems Liverpool are a brilliant side to use this system! Nicely done mate :thup:

Used this system as my away tactic for the mighty Basingstoke in my second season. Even though Wide playmakers and Complete Forwards are hard to come by in the Vanarama league south it worked really well. My left sided midfielder getting great ratings and plenty of good performances. Helped me, along with and adapted version of Cleons Attacking system to get top spot in the VNS. Looking forward to seeing how it does in the national league! Looking to apply the tweaks as well. I'll keep you posted.

Used this system as my away tactic for the mighty Basingstoke in my second season. Even though Wide playmakers and Complete Forwards are hard to come by in the Vanarama league south it worked really well. My left sided midfielder getting great ratings and plenty of good performances. Helped me, along with and adapted version of Cleons Attacking system to get top spot in the VNS. Looking forward to seeing how it does in the national league! Looking to apply the tweaks as well. I'll keep you posted.

Good to hear mate, good luck!

Let me know how it goes! :) Cleon's threads are fantastic, learnt a lot from them:p

Hi Mate I am looking at this shape also with my Arsenal Team. I would probably set up with the following. Could you let me know about your thoughts on the player roles. My immediate concern is Ozil for two reasons he is playing on the left and his preferred foot is the left so when he cuts inside he would be on his right foot which may cause a problem. I am not sure how this will work but if you can give me your thoughts that would be helpful.

Also Ozil has the PPM come deeper to get ball. He is already deep in Midfield so this will make him even deeper which might cause a problem.

Well Below this is plan. Please feel free to offer any advice you can. I want to play Fast Attacking Football.

Attacking and Flexible Insttuctions narrow, pass into space, shorter passing

GK Defend

Center Backs - Mertasacker

Center Backs - Koscielny

Full Back Right Support

Full Back Left Support

WP Left Attack -

WA Right - Sanchez

Central Midfielder Defend - Coquelin

Central midfielder Support Ramsey

Advance Forward Attack - Walcott/Welbeck

Giroud Complete Forward Support

Hi Mate I am looking at this shape also with my Arsenal Team. I would probably set up with the following. Could you let me know about your thoughts on the player roles. My immediate concern is Ozil for two reasons he is playing on the left and his preferred foot is the left so when he cuts inside he would be on his right foot which may cause a problem. I am not sure how this will work but if you can give me your thoughts that would be helpful.

Also Ozil has the PPM come deeper to get ball. He is already deep in Midfield so this will make him even deeper which might cause a problem.

Well Below this is plan. Please feel free to offer any advice you can. I want to play Fast Attacking Football.

Attacking and Flexible Insttuctions narrow, pass into space, shorter passing

GK Defend

Center Backs - Mertasacker

Center Backs - Koscielny

Full Back Right Support

Full Back Left Support

WP Left Attack -

WA Right - Sanchez

Central Midfielder Defend - Coquelin

Central midfielder Support Ramsey

Advance Forward Attack - Walcott/Welbeck

Giroud Complete Forward Support

I wouldn't be too worried about your WPM coming deep to get the ball, as you want him on the ball as much as possible, he's the one that is gonna make things happen in this team, especially if it's Ozil. The fact he is left footed could be an issue. I've tried left footers here myself and they do go down the line and use their left a bit too often for my liking. Maybe try retraining him on the right?

Yeah looks good to me, although I'd change your left back to wing back, to give you the width you don't really have on that side. Apart from that it looks okay! Good luck:thup:

Great thread Harold really enjoying this one. Not had anything to post but wanted to give a thumbs up! My next save (once the update is released) is going to be an counter attacking 4-4-2 (but on an attacking mentality) with BMG and this thread has give me a few ideas to put my plan into action.

Great thread Harold really enjoying this one. Not had anything to post but wanted to give a thumbs up! My next save (once the update is released) is going to be an counter attacking 4-4-2 (but on an attacking mentality) with BMG and this thread has give me a few ideas to put my plan into action.

Thanks mate, glad to hear it's helped you! Let me know how you get on:thup:

Hey Haroldhammond,

Really very nice and interesting post!!

You provided an answer for lots of problems i've been having with high pressure systems

How would you play this tactic in a game where you are huge underdogs? You just set it to counter?

Grtz!

Hey Haroldhammond,

Really very nice and interesting post!!

You provided an answer for lots of problems i've been having with high pressure systems

How would you play this tactic in a game where you are huge underdogs? You just set it to counter?

Grtz!

Thanks a lot mate, good to hear! :brock:

Yeah just stick it down to counter, which will in turn notch down your team instructions slightly. Use in-game management though, if you are general being over run and not being able to counter effective, I tend to, at half time, tell my players they were unlucky and stick it back up to control. This has worked numerous times and we've gone on to win the game. I rarely slate my players, especially in the big games, only encourage, works wonders at times! Good luck!

I have to echo everyone else and say this post is very well written and therefore easy to understand.

I intend to match this up against what I'm currently deploying and try to understand where my own tactic is failing where yours succeeds.

I notice your CM-DE and DF-DE players are nowhere near being familiar with their position/roles, do you know how much of an impact this has on their performances?

Yeah have to admit I fell into this trap too. Used it for the first time at the start of FM16 and it surprised me! I'm the same with you, he's one of the main players that wins the ball back high up the pitch and then always has a passing option with the CF or wide players, and gets a lot of assists this way. My strikers rotate the roles but I definitely see numerous goals coming from the DF. As for support or defend, that is down to whether the opposition has a DM. So yeah you're right, the defensive forward is extremely effective and not at all dull!

How does he act when your team has the ball? Like a DLF or what?

I have to echo everyone else and say this post is very well written and therefore easy to understand.

I intend to match this up against what I'm currently deploying and try to understand where my own tactic is failing where yours succeeds.

I notice your CM-DE and DF-DE players are nowhere near being familiar with their position/roles, do you know how much of an impact this has on their performances?

Thanks very much:) I feel there is a relation with some people that the familiarity with a role will determine performance, and this just isn't true. I've not noticed a difference at all, I simply go on key stats that I think are important for the role. If FM doesn't like that player for that role, I don't care, they still perform to the level you'd expect from someone with full familiartity. So as far as I know it doesn't make much of a difference at all (Unless of course you play a CB at WPM:brock:).

Good luck with your tactic!:thup:

How does he act when your team has the ball? Like a DLF or what?

I actually see him higher up the pitch, not too far off the CF. When we don't have the ball he drops slightly deeper, especially on defend duty, but on the ball he gets forward with the CF, I would say further forward than that of a DLF.

Again have to echo what other users have said Brilliant post Harold, everything explained brilliantly?? just wondering do you ever use the shoot on sight TI when chasing games? As i have found this very effected in my own save.

Again have to echo what other users have said Brilliant post Harold, everything explained brilliantly?? just wondering do you ever use the shoot on sight TI when chasing games? As i have found this very effected in my own save.

Thanks mate appreciate that:thup:

I've used this a few times yeah, but rarely. It can help though for sure! Just got to choose between having more shots, or less shots and try and create a more quality chance when you are chasing the game. For me I'd rather create that 1 more quality chance because I believe in my strikers:brock:

I based my tactic on yours for the largest part of my second season with Sutton united in the vanamara conference (promoted from vm S)

I was predicted 20th place and actually only started playing with it from the 6th or 7th game. I was on 21st place(1w 1t 5l) then.. every since then the only way was up with the result that i am 5 games before the end of the season and in 1st place with 7 points clear at the moment.

I also made some signings that answer more to the type of players this filosophy needs..

My findings are as follows:

Even tough i've read in some posts that high pressure systems in LLM dont work, i have to say that this has not been an issue at all. We sometimes manage to really pin the opposition in their own half and force them to make a bad pass.

In defense i did not use a sweeper keeper as my keeper was totally not good for this role. Just went with normal GK and there haven't been much times where i tought my keeper had to rush out.

Also one of the central defenders i put as an limited defender (for the same reason).

In the midfield i kept the playmaker on the wings. That guy was a leftfooted midfielder with low acceleration and stamina but (at this leverl) high technical stats and played on the left side of the pitch. He did de job wonderfull with a total average of 8.34 atm. The tactical creator shows his capability for the role in red (the circle thingy).

Up front i used the defensive attacker support with an advanced forward. I found that two fast attackers work best. I also have a tall striker sometimes at de DF position but i find out that he is not fast enough in the box.

The advanced forward is able to go after deep balls from de defenders and the DF pulls back from the Dline to recieve short passes from the defense/midfield. Also the DF makes a later run in the box when a winger, FB or the AF deliver a cross in the area.

When i notice that the opposition is deep i try to add more width to the shape with play less narrow.

If the opp has fast strikers i sit a little deeper to minimise the ballls behind my defence.

If the odds are really not in my favour i tend to use counter and switch the WPM(a) to WPM(s)

I do notice i get lots of yellow cards (2nd most in the league) Dont know yet if this is because low attributes or the system.

In the conference i play a lot against 4-4-2 tactics and my team handles them well. Against 4-1-2-3 it depends how involved the DM is in the build-up . If this is the case, I switch my DF(s) to DF(d)

An DLF and Attacking midfielder combo for the opp does give me some problems. Definatly if the striker holds up the ball well, its allows the AM to make free runs trough the defense. This is because the defender follows the striker of the Dline and thus leaving a gap. I still have to think how to solve this. Maybe easing off the pressure of my CD's.

But all in all enjoying this tactic/filosophy very much. Have seen some very nice attacking movement and defensive stability!

Gratz!

I based my tactic on yours for the largest part of my second season with Sutton united in the vanamara conference (promoted from vm S)

I was predicted 20th place and actually only started playing with it from the 6th or 7th game. I was on 21st place(1w 1t 5l) then.. every since then the only way was up with the result that i am 5 games before the end of the season and in 1st place with 7 points clear at the moment.

I also made some signings that answer more to the type of players this filosophy needs..

My findings are as follows:

Even tough i've read in some posts that high pressure systems in LLM dont work, i have to say that this has not been an issue at all. We sometimes manage to really pin the opposition in their own half and force them to make a bad pass.

In defense i did not use a sweeper keeper as my keeper was totally not good for this role. Just went with normal GK and there haven't been much times where i tought my keeper had to rush out.

Also one of the central defenders i put as an limited defender (for the same reason).

In the midfield i kept the playmaker on the wings. That guy was a leftfooted midfielder with low acceleration and stamina but (at this leverl) high technical stats and played on the left side of the pitch. He did de job wonderfull with a total average of 8.34 atm. The tactical creator shows his capability for the role in red (the circle thingy).

Up front i used the defensive attacker support with an advanced forward. I found that two fast attackers work best. I also have a tall striker sometimes at de DF position but i find out that he is not fast enough in the box.

The advanced forward is able to go after deep balls from de defenders and the DF pulls back from the Dline to recieve short passes from the defense/midfield. Also the DF makes a later run in the box when a winger, FB or the AF deliver a cross in the area.

When i notice that the opposition is deep i try to add more width to the shape with play less narrow.

If the opp has fast strikers i sit a little deeper to minimise the ballls behind my defence.

If the odds are really not in my favour i tend to use counter and switch the WPM(a) to WPM(s)

I do notice i get lots of yellow cards (2nd most in the league) Dont know yet if this is because low attributes or the system.

In the conference i play a lot against 4-4-2 tactics and my team handles them well. Against 4-1-2-3 it depends how involved the DM is in the build-up . If this is the case, I switch my DF(s) to DF(d)

An DLF and Attacking midfielder combo for the opp does give me some problems. Definatly if the striker holds up the ball well, its allows the AM to make free runs trough the defense. This is because the defender follows the striker of the Dline and thus leaving a gap. I still have to think how to solve this. Maybe easing off the pressure of my CD's.

But all in all enjoying this tactic/filosophy very much. Have seen some very nice attacking movement and defensive stability!

Gratz!

Glad to hear it's working well for you, that turn in your season certainly sounds brilliant!

Yes, opposition mistakes are a real source of goals for us. This happens all over the pitch and its what makes the defensive side of the system brilliant to watch (not something I say often, being a lover of attacking football;)).

I'd say it's a good shout changing some roles for LLM at the back. Good to see you've kept the WPM though and it's working well. Another example of the tactics creator not giving the full story when it comes to role familiarity:thup:

Interesting you went with the AF, how does he contribute in the build up? Does your build up play suffer at all?

They seem like logical in game changes, good job:thup:

As for the yellow cards, that's the system haha, something I have now tweaked, taking off get stuck in.

Thanks mate!:thup:

I would say contribution wise with the AF it usually comes down to 2 things:

When we play short he recieves balls close to their dline and passing it to the wpm or the fb (a).

Because of the high tempo, or play trough balls,defenders or the bwm (d) launch passes from deep where the AF runs deep to pick them up. This puts the opp defence on the backfoot and chasing. Then the AF goes to goal or passes it to the DF who makes a later run then him.

The main advantage imo is that it gives us the opportunity to gain ground fast. In stead of having short fast passes at our half wich can be missed or intercepted..

Later in the game i do wznt to give it a go with a CF but there are few or none availble in the llteams..

I usually take of "get stuck in" when i get two or more yelow cards in the first 15 mins..

I would say contribution wise with the AF it usually comes down to 2 things:

When we play short he recieves balls close to their dline and passing it to the wpm or the fb (a).

Because of the high tempo, or play trough balls,defenders or the bwm (d) launch passes from deep where the AF runs deep to pick them up. This puts the opp defence on the backfoot and chasing. Then the AF goes to goal or passes it to the DF who makes a later run then him.

The main advantage imo is that it gives us the opportunity to gain ground fast. In stead of having short fast passes at our half wich can be missed or intercepted..

Later in the game i do wznt to give it a go with a CF but there are few or none availble in the llteams..

I usually take of "get stuck in" when i get two or more yelow cards in the first 15 mins..

Hmm sounds good. Can certainly see your point with the gaining ground, may be something I look into but atm the CF role is perfect for me.

I've taken it off completely now, just far too many red cards for my liking.

Yh, eventually im looking to change it to an CF for sure. Just to contribute a bit more to creativity. But atm its doing its job! :-)

Yh i guess if the players get better in dribbling and agility its bound to get more reds.. :-)

Yh, eventually im looking to change it to an CF for sure. Just to contribute a bit more to creativity. But atm its doing its job! :-)

Yh i guess if the players get better in dribbling and agility its bound to get more reds.. :-)

If it aint broken don't fix it! :brock:

yeah i guess, keep an eye on that, since i removed the shout I haven't noticed too much of a difference

Using this in my save started off pretty rough but now my team is picking up form, just wondering whats the best way to gauge if the pressing is effective ?

Yeah give it time mate. Squad building is important so can take seasons to perfect.

Well the first port of call would be whether you are winning the ball back via pressing :lol:. Look at the goals you are scoring, are there any where you win the ball back via pressing and then push forward quickly? An important part in pressing is doing it as a team. There is no point in your WPM pressing if your BWM isn't. Have a look at if numerous players are closing down at once. Hope this helps.

Really enjoying the football this tactic creates, scoring some very nice goals. Sort of reminds me how Leicester are playing this season

Considering taking off "get stuck in" after getting 8 yellow cards in a single match... Other than that, very impressed

Really enjoying the football this tactic creates, scoring some very nice goals. Sort of reminds me how Leicester are playing this season

Considering taking off "get stuck in" after getting 8 yellow cards in a single match... Other than that, very impressed

Thanks mate, that's good to hear.

Yeah i've taken that off now, just far too many yellows and even reds costing us games. Glad to hear it's working for you!

The arriving late PPM will hopefully allow him to offer those runs regardless of his role (support duty assumed), so Henderson would be a good idea for your runner. I'm not 100% sure on the last question, but I would imagine due to the BWM having more defensive duties, he would give less runs than the CM(s). I would definitely give this a bit of trial and error though!

I've heard it said more than a couple of times that Henderson has changed his game since Klopp arrived. He's less of the B2B now and more of a holding facilitator when in a 2 with Can, but more of the old him when in a 3 - much of which was nicely illustrated on Thursday night. For those old enough, he's becoming Klopp's Ronnie Whelan, so could quite happily be a CMd or BWMd leaving Can as the more creative one.

I've heard it said more than a couple of times that Henderson has changed his game since Klopp arrived. He's less of the B2B now and more of a holding facilitator when in a 2 with Can, but more of the old him when in a 3 - much of which was nicely illustrated on Thursday night. For those old enough, he's becoming Klopp's Ronnie Whelan, so could quite happily be a CMd or BWMd leaving Can as the more creative one.

Yeah fair enough, the PPM won't help him in the holding role though:thdn:

Quick question... are the tight marking PI's just a bit of psychological security given the use of the Tight Marking TI, or do they perform different functions? Also, can you get any tighter by adding Tight Marking OI's to this?

May be one for the mods/gurus?

Quick question... are the tight marking PI's just a bit of psychological security given the use of the Tight Marking TI, or do they perform different functions? Also, can you get any tighter by adding Tight Marking OI's to this?

May be one for the mods/gurus?

That I am not sure it, but yeah I want them to be as close to their man as possible, to reduce the amount of pressing he needs to do, and force them to make a mistake. One for the mods for sure with the last question :p

Have you tried a treq instead of a CF? I found the CF was too high up too often and didn't offer a passing option when the ball came down the left but the treq drops deeper when the ball is on the left to give another passing option.

Have you tried a treq instead of a CF? I found the CF was too high up too often and didn't offer a passing option when the ball came down the left but the treq drops deeper when the ball is on the left to give another passing option.

No but at the moment i'm trialling the DF as a treq, just to add a playmaker on the right hand side as well as the left, early stages though at the moment

No but at the moment i'm trialling the DF as a treq, just to add a playmaker on the right hand side as well as the left, early stages though at the moment

As Striker or AMC?

Alternatively, have you looked at an F9?

As Striker or AMC?

Alternatively, have you looked at an F9?

Initially as Striker, however if both strikers get isolated i'll knock him down to AMC. Yeah f9 is one of my favourite roles, used it in pretty much every tactic prior to this, so wanted to stray away from it for this one :p What PIs do you have on coutinho? I'd be happier having his as WPM tbh, but that could conflict with the Registas playmaking duties

Initially as Striker, however if both strikers get isolated i'll knock him down to AMC. Yeah f9 is one of my favourite roles, used it in pretty much every tactic prior to this, so wanted to stray away from it for this one :p What PIs do you have on coutinho? I'd be happier having his as WPM tbh, but that could conflict with the Registas playmaking duties

It was finding the role that got the best out of Can that I struggled with for ages before deciding to drop him back to the DM line as an RGA - with Hendo as a BWM(D), they actually play very as a good solid CM pair.

In hindsight, I think your right about Coutinho, but a RGA, WP and Treq in the same 11 is probably too much, so whilst bringing back the WP, I've changed Bobby "Dazzler" Firmino to an AM(A). I've also changed the front man back to CF(A) as it's the best all round role that fits all 4 LFC strikers (even Benteke's ok there).

I've also added Roaming to all my "front 4" where they've not got it by default.

It was finding the role that got the best out of Can that I struggled with for ages before deciding to drop him back to the DM line as an RGA - with Hendo as a BWM(D), they actually play very as a good solid CM pair.

In hindsight, I think your right about Coutinho, but a RGA, WP and Treq in the same 11 is probably too much, so whilst bringing back the WP, I've changed Bobby "Dazzler" Firmino to an AM(A). I've also changed the front man back to CF(A) as it's the best all round role that fits all 4 LFC strikers (even Benteke's ok there).

I've also added Roaming to all my "front 4" where they've not got it by default.

Let me know how that goes cause that looks interesting. Reckon it's worth swapping the midfield duo to balance the play making roles to either side a bit?

Let me know how that goes cause that looks interesting. Reckon it's worth swapping the midfield duo to balance the play making roles to either side a bit?

Trying to keep my LFC save tru(ish) to reality, so don't think that will be happening. May end up changing the ML to WM(A) with PI's.

More immediate concern is having Coutinho, Firmino, Sturridge, Benteke & Ings all out injured (plus my 2 full backs)!!

Trying to keep my LFC save tru(ish) to reality, so don't think that will be happening. May end up changing the ML to WM(A) with PI's.

More immediate concern is having Coutinho, Firmino, Sturridge, Benteke & Ings all out injured (plus my 2 full backs)!!

Okay, still, let me know how that goes

Just wanted to say that this is a fantastic thread. Really engaging / informative.

I'm actually trying something similar with my Villa save right now. Had a similar 442 set up but currently toying with a 451 version that looks like this:

GK (D)

FB (S)

CD (D)

CD (D)

WB (S)

WM (A)

CM (s)

BWM (d)

CM (s)

WP (a)

F9

Playing Attacking, Fluid, Higher pressing, tight marking, stay on feet, higher tempo

It's early days but I hope there's something here. I worry a little about the lack of a cutting edge, but hoping the high mentality will counter this. We'll see.

Okay, still, let me know how that goes

Not so great tbh... although I've won the League Cup and am in the semi's of the FA Cup, our league form is atrocious and morale is at an all time low.

Make of break game against Norwich, so going with this and crossing everything.

DRGRf4e.png

Not so great tbh... although I've won the League Cup and am in the semi's of the FA Cup, our league form is atrocious and morale is at an all time low.

Make of break game against Norwich, so going with this and crossing everything.

DRGRf4e.png

That looks okay but i'd be worried about Can and coutinho getting in eachothers way

Archived