FM 16: Best teams to develop from lesser leagues

Just wondering what teams are best to manage in the lesser league, as I normally play within either Spain, Italy, England, France or Germany.

I want to be able to develop a team in leagues like Belgian, Switzerland, Iceland, Turkey, Croatia etc.

So is there any success stories with certain lesser league teams where people have won the champions league, increased club profile and transfer budget.

Thanks

In FM15 I had a pretty fun save with Breidablik in Iceland.Top notch facilities and youth recruitment system, took a little while to get them to turn pro but after that it all started coming together. Didn't win the CL, but I did turn them in a fairly consistent Group Stage team before I moved to FM16. Main issues where:

a)The vacation time for the league is in November,which causes issues once you start getting into the group stages in europe

b)After a couple seasons pro the league just becomes a grind as you will basicly walk over all of the competition,which can get boring.

Appart from them I could recomend Anderlecht in Belgium,Bursaspor or Galata in Turkey, Olympiakos,Panathinaikos,AEK or PAOK in Greece.... whatever fancies you really.

Just wrapped up my second season in Denmark's Superliga with FC Midtjylland. It's been my favorite save on FM16 so far.

Started off unemployed and got hired to FC Midtjylland in November when they were at the bottom of the table (or second to last) after having won the league in 2015. And the league has an interesting setup where the top 6 teams play a round robin at the end of the year to determine the league champion, while the bottom 8 teams play in to groups of 4 to see who gets relegated. Actually didn't realize this my first year as I finished 7th, so I sat outside both groups. Came back in 2016 after a few key players got poached and was able to win the league with some ease due to some solid free signings and absolutely fantastic youngsters.

FC Midtjylland are a challenging team with a massive upside. On the one hand, their stadium is smaller than the likes of FC Copenhagen and other bigger clubs, so activity in the transfer market usually goes like this: teams poach your wonderkids and the cash goes towards club debts after you spend the 3m pounds available (grabbed Ajer and Hou Saeter with this cash). But on the other hand, it's the youth themselves that makes FC Midtjylland special.

Some of the kids:

Pione Sisto is the most known player here and he can play anywhere in the attacking strata (got poached on the last day of the 2016 summer window by a Turkish side). He simply has too much class for the Superliga, so enjoy him while you can.

Mikkel Duelund is an attacking wonderkid. Played everything from roaming playmaker to deep lying forward and some productive performances at inside forward and enganche too. He will be on my shortlist for the rest of my playing FM16, no matter the save.

Kristoffer Olsson, an Arsenal product, can play CM or AMC. Loaded with unique PPM's from the start, plus his technique and mental aproach are both beyond his years.

Munksgaard plays in the U19 setup to start, but after a year he took over as my Right back. Scored an impossible shot from 30 yards out to clinch the title with two games left to play.

Awe Mabil was who I looked to in terms of a replacement for Sisto, an he took to the role with ease. He's fast, smart, and can play on the ball really well. Favorite player in the side.

You also get Onuachu, who's 6 foot 8 inches tall with some real talent. I just couldn't get him to play well in my system.

Thanks for the input, I've previously managed FC Copenhagen and I do enjoy the Danish league...

And the Iceland league seems like a real challenge to begin with, the only problem being like said is thy it may become to easy to win as said..

My try my look at the Iceland league, try an develop a strong CL team

Millwall skybets league 1. You are expected to place 2nd so with a few key signings and a little transfer luck (Meaning big teams dont buy those bargain wonderkids from Eastern Europe) you can achieve back to back promotion. And make sure that when you loan players you may want to buy at a latter date to have a future fee in place, because if you are successful you will not be able to buy them. After getting promoted ruben neves was unhappy, so i loan him with a future fee of 10.25 mil. I could not sign him at the start but after finishing in the top 4, i now can easily and for just 10.25 mil instead of the 50 they would otherwise want.

Just wrapped up my second season in Denmark's Superliga with FC Midtjylland. It's been my favorite save on FM16 so far.

Started off unemployed and got hired to FC Midtjylland in November when they were at the bottom of the table (or second to last) after having won the league in 2015. And the league has an interesting setup where the top 6 teams play a round robin at the end of the year to determine the league champion, while the bottom 8 teams play in to groups of 4 to see who gets relegated. Actually didn't realize this my first year as I finished 7th, so I sat outside both groups. Came back in 2016 after a few key players got poached and was able to win the league with some ease due to some solid free signings and absolutely fantastic youngsters.

FC Midtjylland are a challenging team with a massive upside. On the one hand, their stadium is smaller than the likes of FC Copenhagen and other bigger clubs, so activity in the transfer market usually goes like this: teams poach your wonderkids and the cash goes towards club debts after you spend the 3m pounds available (grabbed Ajer and Hou Saeter with this cash). But on the other hand, it's the youth themselves that makes FC Midtjylland special.

Some of the kids:

Pione Sisto is the most known player here and he can play anywhere in the attacking strata (got poached on the last day of the 2016 summer window by a Turkish side). He simply has too much class for the Superliga, so enjoy him while you can.

Mikkel Duelund is an attacking wonderkid. Played everything from roaming playmaker to deep lying forward and some productive performances at inside forward and enganche too. He will be on my shortlist for the rest of my playing FM16, no matter the save.

Kristoffer Olsson, an Arsenal product, can play CM or AMC. Loaded with unique PPM's from the start, plus his technique and mental aproach are both beyond his years.

Munksgaard plays in the U19 setup to start, but after a year he took over as my Right back. Scored an impossible shot from 30 yards out to clinch the title with two games left to play.

Awe Mabil was who I looked to in terms of a replacement for Sisto, an he took to the role with ease. He's fast, smart, and can play on the ball really well. Favorite player in the side.

You also get Onuachu, who's 6 foot 8 inches tall with some real talent. I just couldn't get him to play well in my system.

I took over Stoke mid way though the 19/20 season, they were in the championship and Olsson was there. Quickly became my captain in my second season and just won the league in my third. Actually had to leave him out a bit as he didn't fit in my formation but he is fantastic whenever he plays a very good pro.

I just took Northampton from Mid table League 2 mediocrity into the Championship. In 2 years. I was expected to be relegated from League 1 and only bloody won it!!

I will be updating my story soon :D

I'm doing the Cobblers too. Promoted automatically the first year, finished 14th in league 1, then won league 1 the next season by a fair bit, currently in jan in my first season in the championship and sitting in 2nd

Still in pretty massive debt. Survived a takeover and all the new guy has done was double our loan debt

I won the Europa League and got ton the Champions League semis with Austria Vienna in possibly my favourite ever FM save (on FM13), so that would be a good one. In Switzerland, either Grasshoppers or Luzern would be a good shout. Grasshoppers are a big team fallen on hard times (successful in the 80s/90s but usually bottom half nowadays however are 2nd so far this season which shows they have potential) and Luzern are a mid table team with potential and a good scope for growth (only won the league once and cup twice).

Archived