Fantasy League - Gregoria - Early Testing and Help

kencomanbee

Hello all,

I have created a brand new country and a brand new league structure called "Gregoria" ( name to be reviewed )

Gregoria is an emerging superpower based in Central Europe due to being Oil and other Fossil fuels Rich

The President of the country is a huge football fan and wants the country to challenge the elite countries in footballing terms but also create a Gregorian national team to be proud of.

billions of pounds have been spent within Grassroots football to ensure that football is at the forefront of every childs curriculum with schools of excellence being built all over the country to accommodate this. All 32 professional clubs in Gregoria MUST construct top youth and training facilities to ensure that the youth of Gregoria have only the best youngsters coming through.

Gregorian clubs are only allowed 5 Foreign players within there starting lineups meaning the majority of players within the league are of Gregorian Nationality but ensuring that the cash rich clubs can also spend big on quality foreign players to ensure the quality of the league and stature continues to rise.

Football is huge and expectations are high and Gregoria have brokered a huge TV deal worth £60m each season for clubs in the top flight.

Gegoria is a beautiful modern country and a place that would attract bigger players than a new country would normally do due to the lifestyle and living conditions on offer.

Testing stage

Beta:

Leagues are currently filled with random extinct clubs with their nations changed to Gregoria

no stadiums have been allocated

no cities have been added

No Rival Clubs have been added

Reserve teams have been added and leagues for the reserve teams have also been added.

No U21 teams have been added.

first testing of the competition side of things run very well

I started each season by checking the "Add all Key staff and players to playable teams box" this added some random Regens to each squad as i didn't add players

the random players were poor however, the maximum current ability of the players was about 100- the majority was around 40 -80 so this is the first problem I ran into.

The second problem I ran into was the national team - the Main team was filled with greyed out non players rather than picking from the current pool of added Regens.

These players stats looked vastly superior to the actual players in the Gregorian League. the Gregorian national team also qualifies - every time for the Euros which in the countries infancy shouldn't happen and wouldn't happen if they actually used to current Regens. so why is this happening ?

Another thing I noticed on the first run was that if i holidayed, the results would be very even and in 3 season 3 different teams won the league.

However if I played as a team I would go and spend money on better players and every other team and no other team would match this so id be winning games easily and running away with the league.

Is there something I can be doing to rectify the above points

things to be done

Adding cities

Renaming current teams or Creating new ones entirely from scratch however im not keen to do this if I don't have to

Creating rivalries

Questions - Should I create a pool of actual players rather than rely of the game to do this for me with Regens is there a quick way to do this, my intial thoughts were to filter a list of random - unatached players and change there nationalities to Gregorian, and then add them to each club.

is there a quicker way to do this.

currently I have Gregoria as the country with a reputation of 8000

Eevery team in the Super league has a Rep of 5000 - Are these too high / too low?

Please help with any other suggestions / Observations on the above that would add to this,

Id happily share the database for some real time analysis.

None of the clubs have stadiums an in game they are seen as #Stadium4 for example however after a season clubs start moving to actual stadiums, I will add all stadiums to the finished data base though.

*Edit*

My goal for this League is to create a nation that strikes a balance between good quality youth players and national players as well as having the odd superstar from abroud in each team.

My thoughts is that amongst the odd superstar, there would be the odd player like Douglas costa / Willian, who pop up in places like Ukraine.

i want the teams to eventually grow and become a threat in Europe

This will be a challenge at first because of the restrictions, however over time the Gregorian players will rise in quality.

I after one test season I already found 1 wonderkid regen who was CA= 97 - PA=197 at the age of 15

This was coupled with 2 more that were more than good enough for the first team with 140 and 160 PA

Interesting project!

Club reps of 5000 seem appropriate enough. That would be a mid-table club in Denmark, Scotland, Belgium or leagues at a similar level.

A nation rep of 8000 seems way too high for a "new nation" to me, though. That's the same level as Holland - and higher than England(!). I would set it at max 6000 (ca. = Denmark, Sweden, Ukraine).

****Update****

Changes made:

Added all stadiums and Cities to Super League Teams

Added roughly 1000 players to the Gregorian Roster and split some up into the premier league clubs ( this needs tidying up however )

All players added to teams are roughly the same ability.

1 Wonder-kid Added to lower league.

Name Changes made to Super League Squads ( if you have played DayZ you will recognise some ;) )

Testing of this after 10 years

Seasons 1 - 3 saw a close league campaign with 3 different league Champions however from season 4 onwards only 2 more teams won the league with one team winning it 5 times in a row, will have to re test to see if I get the same result.

The goal of creating an excellent base of Gregorian National players was achieved as after 10 years there were some excellent players within this league and playing abroad at top clubs.

This reminds me of Belgium, an excellent national team with an average club representation.

Club performance in Europe was disappointing but realistic. The furthest any side god was the 1st knock-out stage on the europa league, however 1 more CL league place has been added.

Super league clubs tend to do business with each other and it seems Gregorian national players held huge value compared to actual ability within the country itself, the Transfer record was £55m between two Gregorian Clubs - This is great however I noticed that clubs weren't going overboard in the transfer market and certainly no marquee signings were made. the most high profile player I saw was Pedro form chelsea, however he was old. what I did see was alot of south Americans in the league, one of which was sold abroad to England and is now worth £60m.

Problems:

problem with 2nd tier teams not adding own managers

2nd tier teams need cities and stadiums added

2nd Tier teams need a playing squad from the start

things to do

Need to sort our the 2nd Tier and give that some love .

Need to Tidy up the Current Gregorian Roster

Need to add more under 21 Gregorian players to original start.

this work can be done this evening, I have a friend Testing the current version to see how it plays from a human player point of view.

once done I will upload,

Overall it seems like a fun data base, i have left it running whilst at work to see how another 10 years plays out.

ill be happy to share current version with anyone.

Update

I am now in the play testing stage with this data base

I actually left this on Holiday all day and got it up to 2062, looking at the league history, 1 team completely dominated, there were a few spells of other teams winning the league and and other one it 5 times in a row. looking into this I cant see why they would as they are no different. the leagues however ran well, it is hugely difficult for the 2nd division teams to go up and stay up though, but this is true of any league and anyone playing this data base who loves a challenge then starting in the 2nd division would be a great one.

Gregoria continued to develop, again much like Belgium have a ever stronger national team, during the long run they had won a world cup and alot of players were at top european clubs and the every best clubs in Gregoria.

financial testing seemed ok, everyone gets the same money in the super league, and everyone gets the same money in the second division, plus a reward for being promoted.

Updated

Added all Cities and Stadiums and Rivalries

Added roughly 200 Unattached players to the Roster of various quality to assist with 2nd division teams building a squad due to the 5 Foreign outfield players rule. ( i may add these players to each 2nd division team )

Renamed all clubs and reset all histories ( if you have ever played DayZ or Arma you will recognise a few )

there exists a bug where teams wont sign a manager so I have added managers to ALL teams in this league, mostly retired players and personell, we do have Zola, Zidane and er......jesper blomqvist as current managers in Gregoria.....I may need to adjust their actual abilities.

For safe measure I also added a number of Unattached non playing Managers who preference is to work in Gregoria for safe measure but until this bug gets ironed out this will do.

Overall this is a challenging but fun country to work in, domestically, every club is in the same boat in each division but because of the money around players should be able to win cups domestically and start building the clubs History's The goal of the player however should be create a team able to compete in Europe and build the Gregorain league's coefficient.

The youth that this country produces is phenomenal, so would be a good league to have playing alongside say England, Spain of Germany.

I will be able to upload the Beta play test tonight after a few tweaks that need to be made ( cosmetic only ) feel free to contact me for a copy ( i will upload this tonight as well )

Update

I am now in the play testing stage with this data base

I actually left this on Holiday all day and got it up to 2062, looking at the league history, 1 team completely dominated, there were a few spells of other teams winning the league and and other one it 5 times in a row. looking into this I cant see why they would as they are no different. the leagues however ran well, it is hugely difficult for the 2nd division teams to go up and stay up though, but this is true of any league and anyone playing this data base who loves a challenge then starting in the 2nd division would be a great one.

Gregoria continued to develop, again much like Belgium have a ever stronger national team, during the long run they had won a world cup and alot of players were at top european clubs and the every best clubs in Gregoria.

financial testing seemed ok, everyone gets the same money in the super league, and everyone gets the same money in the second division, plus a reward for being promoted.

Updated

Added all Cities and Stadiums and Rivalries

Added roughly 200 Unattached players to the Roster of various quality to assist with 2nd division teams building a squad due to the 5 Foreign outfield players rule. ( i may add these players to each 2nd division team )

Renamed all clubs and reset all histories ( if you have ever played DayZ or Arma you will recognise a few )

there exists a bug where teams wont sign a manager so I have added managers to ALL teams in this league, mostly retired players and personell, we do have Zola, Zidane and er......jesper blomqvist as current managers in Gregoria.....I may need to adjust their actual abilities.

For safe measure I also added a number of Unattached non playing Managers who preference is to work in Gregoria for safe measure but until this bug gets ironed out this will do.

Overall this is a challenging but fun country to work in, domestically, every club is in the same boat in each division but because of the money around players should be able to win cups domestically and start building the clubs History's The goal of the player however should be create a team able to compete in Europe and build the Gregorain league's coefficient.

The youth that this country produces is phenomenal, so would be a good league to have playing alongside say England, Spain of Germany.

I will be able to upload the Beta play test tonight after a few tweaks that need to be made ( cosmetic only ) feel free to contact me for a copy ( i will upload this tonight as well )

Hello mate!

Is it possible to get a copy of this?

Cheers!

I've just downloaded your file, and I'm going to give it a go. I'm going to try loading it along with an edited file that makes several German lower leagues playable.

I'm curious to find out if Gregorian players with a certain level of talent will be interested in moving to Germany. I'll let you know what I discover.

Thanks for sharing your file!

I've just downloaded your file, and I'm going to give it a go. I'm going to try loading it along with an edited file that makes several German lower leagues playable.

I'm curious to find out if Gregorian players with a certain level of talent will be interested in moving to Germany. I'll let you know what I discover.

Thanks for sharing your file!

oh ok cool let me know about that, I'm finding many of the 2nd div sides in gregora aren't able to attract some of the un attached, and in that bunch there are some gems

I started each season by checking the "Add all Key staff and players to playable teams box" this added some random Regens to each squad as i didn't add players

the random players were poor however, the maximum current ability of the players was about 100- the majority was around 40 -80 so this is the first problem I ran into.

Did you find a way of getting the 'add players to teams' to create better player in the end, or just create players yourself?

I've loaded up the Gregoria file and started my game. It looks like it will be lots of fun. Good job on putting it together!

One thing I've noticed: It's going to be difficult to establish a squad that can communicate well. While the vast majority of my players are Gregorian, there doesn't seem to be a Gregorian language.

I created a manager from England, with Germany as his second nationality. I also gave myself the ability to speak French. I chose to manage Reggina. a team in the second league. Many of the players speak French, so I got lucky when I picked French as my third language. However, many Gregorian players don't speak French. I signed a Gregorian goalkeeper called Mark Sarginson on a free transfer, and Sarginson only speaks English. I also bought a Gregorian midfielder called Mohammed Rafique from a club in India. He speaks Hindi and Bangla. Both Sarginson and Rafique are going on intensive language courses to learn French. So is my new Director of Football, a fellow with a Spanish name.

I did a little research, and discovered Rafique is a real footballer, obviously one of the players whose nationality you changed to Gregorian.

Is there a way to create a Gregorian language in the editor? And, if there is, would players whose nationality was changed to Gregorian automatically be able to speak their national language...or would you have to edit each player separately? I can certainly understand why you wouldn't want to spend the time editing hundreds of players' language proficiency.

Please don't take my comment as a criticism...I'm just pointing out something that might make managing a Gregorian team a little bit more challenging.

Archived