Can a Shadow Striker behind a Trequatrista form an effective strike partnership?

I stumbled across this idea as I wanted to formulate a Plan B for a 4-4-1-1 shape.

My Plan A formation consists of a control type mentality and is shown below:

378120_2016_02_07_00016.jpg

But then I began thinking, what if the opponent I play against is defending against my tactic well and proving difficult to break down? What if I get into a comfortable lead and the opponent then decides to attack me more strongly? When I saw that I had no real answer to those questions I decided it was time for a Plan B which is shown below:

378120_2016_02_08_00001.jpg

The idea behind it is that I'm solid at the back and attempt to catch the opponent out on the break with rapid transitions from defence to attack down the flanks. I'm hoping that when my opponent plays very defensively that the tactic allows the opponents to break out from defending disrupting their defensive shape and allows me to pick them off on the counter. When facing very attacking teams I hope that my tactic would allow me to exploit the masses of space in behind them as they over commit men forward.

I'm pretty much set on the formation (although I appreciate that swapping out my AMC for a DMC would probably be better) but wanted to know whether anybody has played this particular strike partnership before and whether it was successful.

In 2041, who knows? ;)

In seriousness, I personally tried Treq with SS (and F9) when I was trying out various things, and I couldn't really get it to work.

It wasn't dreadful for me, just not quite good enough for what I was hoping for.

But what works for one person may not work for someone else, so I would give things a try. Until you give things a whirl, you never know.

Archived