4-2-3-1 wide Help

Hey guys me again looking at developing a tactic for arsenal save using a 4-2-3-1 wide tactic started off ok but just struggling to win any trophies not won anything yet lol

So here's Wat I have this far

Gk - D

Fbs - support

2 cms - support

Amc - support

Wingers - support

Lone striker - DLF - support

Arsenal board and fans constantly ask me to play possession attacking football so with this in mind my team instructions are

Shorter passing

Lower tempo

Play out of defence

Fairly wide

Roam from positions

Close down more

Use tighter marking

Work ball into the box

Slightly higher defence line

Low crosses

And team is fluid and on control

Any advice please drop me a message and I do have another thread asking bout my 4-2-4 formation as well

I know that in order to play possession to pass around a team u need to play triangles if u need photos I'll post em up for yas as I'm currently on my phone lol

Hey,

You forgot to put the Gk also on support! :D

I think you should mess around a little bit with the duties.

Give one of the midfielders a defend duty, perhaps CM(d) + DLP(s) or DLP(d) + BWM(s).

In the attack, i would give the AMC an attack duty, and perhaps change on of the winger to inside forward, to give more diversity.

I have been making the odd ammendments every now an again like setting striker to poacher but as I were struggling I kinda just auto assigned the roles and I started winning a bit but now I'm getting battered lol

Yeah, look at the 'why not the 4-2-3-1?' thread nearby. Most of us there are using arsenal and there is a lot of good info.

But just quickly glancing at your setup I would say you have too many TIs and need at least one attack role (either the AMC or the ST; one of the fullbacks would be good too, but not as your sole attacker)

Archived