AWAY MIDDLESBRO 0 - 2 CHELSEA

HOME CHELSEA 4 - 0 NORWICH

HOME CHELSEA 3 - 0 BENFICA CHAMP/KNOCK OUT

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here go's

PL Liverpool 0-1 Chelsea Lampard (12)

This game was Chelsea's from the beginning and Liverpool only had a few chances on target but nothing significant. Deserved win for Chelsea but hindered my chances at staying on top of the prem.

UEFA Cup Leg 1 Liverpool 2-0 Newcastle Bruggink (14,70)

Good win over the magpies. Stuck to my game plan and got the result. Another goal would have sealed this tie.

UEFA Cup Leg 2 Newcastle 2-5 Liverpool Iniesta (18,47) Pongolle 35 (pen) 61, Kewell 53

Tevez 20(pen), Dyer 34(Pen)

Cracking game with Liverpool going ahead first and then a mad serious of penalty decisions which left the game at 2-2 and then we went on the attack and secured our place in the next round.

PL Villa 3-0 Liverpool

Baros, Barry, Lopez

Simply put as murdered. Villa came out stong won the game from the first goal. Good result for them and means the we loose our olace at the top.

FA Cup Liverpool 3-0 Everton

Pongolle 8,16, Bruggink 81

Great result against the enemy and passed easily to the next round to face Man Utd

PL Liverpool 4-0 West Brom

Cisse 4,39 Alonso 14, Crouch 56

Cracking game with some excellent play through out the team and showed our supieority. Finally got one over Tony.

UEFA Liverpool 2-0 Sevilla

Traore 2, Portillo 89.

Nice win at home to help with the away leg in spain.

UEFA Sevilla 1-2 Liverpool

Carlos 32 Pongolle 65, Cisse 85

Webt behind early on and Sevilla played very well put we waited for our time and got the goals to put us through to the semi against Juventus.

PL Liverpool 1-0 Man City

Iniesta 78

Couldn't seem to get a foothold in this game although we had the more chance but Iniesta stepped in to save our blushes to seal the 3 points.

FA Cup Man Utd 0-1 Liverpool

Cisse 20

Early goal by cisse but this game was end to end with both keepers playing brilliantly. Secured our place in the final against villa and hopefully get revenge against our league defeat.

Manager Report:

A night of mixed results but ended up only 3 points behind leaders Man Utd. In the mix for 2 more trophies. Time will tell

• 3 weeks later...

HAVING BEEN THE CHELSEA MANAGER FOR THE LAST FOUR SEASONS AND WINNING THE F.A.CUP THREE TIMES, LEAGUE CUP ONCE AND BEING IN THE CHAMPIONS CUP FINAL .STARTING THE NEW SEASON WITH TWO LOAN PLAYERS I DO NOT WANT AND MY BEST GOAL KEEPER IS ON LOAN TO BLACKBURN AND CAN NOT RECALL AND AFTER THREE AND A HALF HOURS GOING THROUGH THE NEW SEASON IN SLOW MOTION AND HAVING NO MONEY AND ONLY SIGNED ONE LOAN PLAYER,THEN 1ST GAME OF THE NEW SEASON WITH WATFORD PLAYING LEICESTER AT HOME LOSING 0-1.

I CAN SAY" THIS SEASON IS GOING TO BE A REAL CHALLENGE FOR ME TO KEEP WATRORD IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP, I AM GOING TO NEED A BIT OF LUCK, MAKING SURE I PLAY THE RIGHT TACTICS AND PRAY NOT TO MANY INJURIES".

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NEW 2006 CLUB

Wolves

Transfers In

Danny Forrest (Bradford City) £60k

Lewis Emanuel (Bradford City) £150k

Pablo Amo (Deportivo) £750k

Marvin Andrews (Rangers) £40k

Nathan Clarke (Huddersfield) £400k

Dickson Etuhu (Preston) £250k

Freddy Eastwood (Southend) £1.1m

Transfers Out

George Ndah (Crewe) £100k

Colin Cameron (Sheff Utd) £500k

Jackie McNamara (Wolves) Free

Joleon Lescott (Newcastle) £1m

Rob Edwards (Hearts) £500k

Seol Ki-Hyeon (West Ham)

Loans In

Scott Carson (Liverpoll) Season

Stephen Pearson (Celtic) Season

Nathan Doyle (Derby) Season

Loans Out

Lewis Gobern (Morecambe)

Wolves 0-1 Luton

A disappointing start to the season despite dominating for most of the game we took nothing away from the it.The only goal of the game was scored by Rowan Vine after an error by Lee Naylor gifted him the ball he hit the crossbar and it fell straight to his feet for a simple goal.

Hull 0- 1 Watford jarvis 15 min

LUCKY TO WIN

quinn 27min Sheff Utd 1 - 0 Watford

SHEFF UTD DESERVE TO WIN

king 1,Sir les 20, Watford 2 - 2 Ipswich parkin 14, foster,33

GREAT MATCH TO WATCH WATFORD, SHOULD OF WON

sold Diggouraga £1.1 mil

good morale at present watch this space!

1st rnd notts co 2 - 1 watford sir less

could not beleive we lost

brighton 1 - 0 watford

close match

henderson watford 1 -2 crewe

should of won FRUSTRATING

crystal p 3 - 2 watford devlin, king

the better team won

i need to sign some players urgently

West Brom 2-2 Sunderland.

Not a great game but the point was good enough in what was a very poor match.

Sunderland 0-1 West Ham Utd

All I can say about this game is poor game, no team conviction and we should have bloody won it. West Ham took their one and only chance and we sqaundered all of ours. Not very happy with the team and they know it.

I knew that was gonna be a tough challange to keep Sunderland in the top flight but now the team is making some silly mistakes and costing us. I am happy with our current position of 13th but we are only 2 points of the relegation zone and if we continue to play like we have been in the last 2 games we could easily sucked in to that zone. Need big improvement from my players next week!!!!

There was mixed bag of results over both competitions during the last league night, but this hasn't stopped Tony Hall and his Middlesbrough team maintaining their unbeaten run and go top of the table if they win their game in hand which will be the first game to be played during the next league night. Andy Rowland's Portsmouth and Andrew Sharman's Wigan currently occupy the final two places in the league but it's still early days yet and there is no talk of relegation just yet.

Holger Wilde's Reading, Samuel Jaifrey's Derby and Daniel Sever's Burnley all achieved good results during their league night and are currently only 3 points behind league leaders Sheffield Utd. At the other end poor results for Matthew Sharman's Wolves, Dave Sheehan's Watford and Ben Higginbotham's Leeds leaves them all in the relegation zone with Mike O'Prey's Cardiff 2 places above them because of goal difference.

The next league night is Saturday 3rd of December at the usual time. The clan will have an extended Christmas break this year. The final clan night before this break is Saturday the 10th of December. A provisional date of January 14th has been set for resuming the current league campaign. Any changes will posted in time for all to know.

There was mixed bag of results over both competitions during the last league night, but this hasn't stopped Tony Hall and his Middlesbrough team maintaining their unbeaten run and go top of the table if they win their game in hand which will be the first game to be played during the next league night. Andy Rowland's Portsmouth and Andrew Sharman's Wigan currently occupy the final two places in the league but it's still early days yet and there is no talk of relegation just yet.

Holger Wilde's Reading, Samuel Jaifrey's Derby and Daniel Sever's Burnley all achieved good results during their league night and are currently only 3 points behind league leaders Sheffield Utd. At the other end poor results for Matthew Sharman's Wolves, Dave Sheehan's Watford and Ben Higginbotham's Leeds leaves them all in the relegation zone with Mike O'Prey's Cardiff 2 places above them because of goal difference.

The next league night is Saturday 3rd of December at the usual time. The clan will have an extended Christmas break this year. The final clan night before this break is Saturday the 10th of December. A provisional date of January 14th has been set for resuming the current league campaign. Any changes will posted in time for all to know.

Derby County report

Started the session in 17Th.

Derby County 2 - 0 Bury (AET) - League Cup

I thought bury were gonna roll over in this but it was not to be. I had many opportunities to break the deadlock but no luck. Bury also did threaten on a number occasions but lee grant was up to the challenge. So extra time it was and on 101 minutes Seth Johnson put the rams ahead. I thought just to hold for 1-0 but we had a chance to double the lead from the spot and Tommy smith did in terrific fashion. So off to a flyer.

Goalscorers: Johnson (101), Smith (pen 109)

Derby County 2 - 0 Southampton - Championship

I knew this was going to be a hard game against Ben's saints but i prevailed in some style. The early stages were 50/50 and if not saint's were playing better. Again both teams with numerous chance to score both teams failed. Second Derby came out amazing. They really had the belief that they could win and on 55 minutes that paid with a goal from Inigo Idiakez. From this point we never really looked like coming away from this game without all 3 points and it was all made sure of when Marcus Tudgay got his 1st goal of the season.

Goalscorers: Idiakez (55), Tudgay (83).

Plymouth 0 - 2 Derby - Championship

I played the 1st 20 minutes of this game then my Internet went so here are the scorers. All though Plymouth had Lasley sent off.

Goalscorers: Smith (40), (79)

Derby 1 - 0 Stoke - Championship

Stoke may feel they deserved at least a point from this game but it was not to be my defense played amazing as did lee camp. Marcus Tudgay got an early goal and we did so well to keep the lead.

Goalscorers: Tudgay (13)

So at the end of the session i finish in 7Th

Also i Scored 7 and concede 0 in this session

So in absolutely every perspective it was a good performance from the rams.

Session Date: 24th November 2005

Players Signed: 2

Vitaly Kutuzov AM RLC Sampdoria £4.2m

Marco Borriello AM RL ST A C Milan £4.1m (Arrives 1-7-06)

Loans Out: 3

Gary Liddle DM York 5 Months

Tom Craddock ST Bradford 5 Months

Malcolm Christie ST Wolves End of Season

Results

PL Newcastle 1 vs 3 Middlesbrough

Newcastle Scorers: Albert Luque (17)

Middlesbrough Scorers: Mark Viduka (7), Gaizka Mendieta (19) & Fabio Rochemback (Pen 37)

Red Cards: Shay Given (Newcastle) (36)

PL Middlesbrough 2 vs 2 Liverpool

Middlesbrough Scorers: Yakubu (41) & George Boateng (46)

Liverpool Scorers: Fernando Morientes (5) & Steven Gerrard (48)

Premiership position at end of session: 3rd

Managers Comments

A good session with 4 points from 2 games and I've finally made a couple of signings, although one of them won't be arriving until next season, but that just saves me alittle work in searching for players to strengthen the midfield.

Only 1 match to report on so here we go:

Watford 1-0 Cardiff - league

we had luck on our side our 12th player sorry Mike

3 points just what we needed

og Ardley 57 min icon_wink.gif

Derby County report

Too tired to go into detail lol so here are results and scorers.

Derby 1-2 Watford - League

Goalscorers: Mahon 12, Tudgay 39, Henderson 50

Derby 3 - 0 Walsall - League Cup

Goalscorers: Tudgay 9, Smith 46, Johnson 84. Also Camp Inj 17

Derby 1 - 1 Burnley - League

Goalscorers: Bisgaard 40, Sinclair pen 69

Leicster 1 - 1 Derby - League

Goalscorers: De Vries 28, Holmes 90

Sheffield Utd 2 - 0 Derby - League

Goalscorers: Ifill 18, Jagielka 39. Also Webber Inj 14 and Bisgaard Inj 25.

Brighton 1 - 1 Derby - League

Goalscorers: McCammon 9, Smith 38

Derby 1 - 1 Crewe - League

Goalscorers: Maynard 3, Bisgaard 12

Overall: Im in a bit of a slump have not won a leahgue game in 7 attempts But i have a 3rd round league cup match at bolton. Looking forward to it tremendoesly. Obviously looknig to upset them. Im in 18th i think lol!!

.Just a quick update to the news page for now has the clan is now on a Christmas break and will recommence in mid January 2006. So before we go any further RTG wishes all it's members a very Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for the New Year.

The clan no longer uses a dedicated server as the cost was out waying the benefits and we did have a number of server crashes. The game was hosted last week on the clan managers PC and although there was only 9 players online it went very well and we got through quite a few games. We will have to review the situation in the new year when we have more members playing online and may have to ask other members with more powerful computers to host the game.

The league tables have now been updated with all the stats and we promise to have the new points scoring for you all in the new year

Here we go

league Derby 1-2 Watford

QPR 1- 3 watford

Watord 3-1 preston

watford 0-0 wolves

watford 0-0 luton

coventry 1 -3 watford

sheff wed 2-0 watford

4 wins , 2 draws 1 lose great session .Have great christmas and a happy new year

Sunderland Report:

FPL: Sunderland 1:2 Tottenham

Welsh (62) Defoe (7), Keane (75)

LC: Sunderland 1:1 Oldham

Dennehy (52) Wellens (75)

Sunderland win 3:2 on pens

FPL: Aston Villa 1:3 Sunderland

Angel (56) Welsh (1,4) Elliott (49)

FPL: Sunderland 2:1 Fulham

Elliott (19) Wright (44) John (26)

FPL: Sunderland 2:1 Wigan

Elliott (21) Welsh (79) McCulloch (87) Fonseca OFF 68

The league night started of as I expected with a loss and I thought I was in for more of the same especially with the poor game against Oldham in the league cup. But what a performance against Villa!!!! (didn't expect that) So all in all a great night with 9 out of 12 points gained and the next round of the league cup.

Just to inform you all that we are gonna change the VOIP software from Teamspeak to XFire. This is because of the bandwith that Teamspeak uses on the hosting PC causing it to slow down.

MY username for XFIRE is nodron15

If you all register for this free software and add me as your friend I will be able to add the list in an email to you all.

XFIRE can be downloadhere

xfire.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nodron:

Guys make sure that you update your game with the current patch v6.0.2

Download it here icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry link was wrong icon_wink.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Well here it is eventually, sorry for the delay guys.

RTG Points Scoring

League Win: 50 points

Champion’s League: 40pts

Uefa Cup : 30pts

FA Cup: 30pts

Minor Euro/International Cup: 25pts (e.g Intertoto, Supercup, Intercontinental)

Minor Domestic Cup: 15pts (e.g. LDV Vans, League Cup, FA Trophy)

Other Cups: 5pts (e.g FAW Premier Cup, Play Offs)

Manager of the Month: 2pts

League Manager of the Year: 10pts

Clan Managaer of the Year: 10pts

Relegation: -10pts

Sacking: - 15pts

Retirement -20pts

Red Card -3pts

Illegal Approaches -3pts

League Pos Pts:

Premership:

1st:30pts, 2nd:28, 3rd:26 cotinuing to drop by 2 points until 15th:3, 16th:2, 17th:1, 18th,19th,20th:0

Conference:

1st:30pts dropping by 2points until 16th:5, 17th:4, 18th:3, 19th:2, 20th &21st:1, 22th,23rd,24th:0

League One:

1st:30pts dropping by 2 points, follows the championship points butno pints given for 21st to 24th spots

League Two:

1st: 30pts, agian dropping by 2 points until 16th place, follows the championship and league one points but 21st and 22nd to get 1 point.

Conference:

1st:30pts, dropping by 2 points until 16th place, follows the Championship, League One and League Two points. No points for 21st & 22nd.

I hope that is clear

nodron15.png

Here goes:

League Cup 3rd Round:

Portsmouth 1 - 2 Sunderland

Vignal (2) Welsh (22), Le Tallec (90)

Prem:

Sunderland 1-0 Blackburn

Whitehead (90)

Prem:

Everton 2-1 Sunderland

Cahill (45) Arca (21)

Ferguson (63)

Prem:

Man Utd 3-2 Sunderland

Heinze (32) Arca (31)

Ronney (69.70) Whitehead (68 )

Prem:

Sunderland 1-2 Middlesbrough

Elliott (67) Hasslebank (59)

Boateng (90)

Manager Comments:

So tough battles in there and I was unlucky to lose to Man Utd, but then they have a far better squad than the black cats. As for the Boro game, Tony count yourself very lucky that!!!!!!! I should have not have lost that game and if any team where to get the 3 points than it should have been Sunderland. Overall a bad night with 1 win in the league and 3 loses. At least I am in to the next round of the league cup.

nodron15.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Just informing you all that the league night scheduled for this Friday night will be going ahead. All issues have now been resolved and speeds are back to normal. Once again I apologise for the cancellation. see you all on Friday

RTG Tables

Prem: Chartlon 2-3 Sunderland

Bent (7) Euell (90) Elliott (14,32) Lawerence (62 pen)

LC: QPR 3-2 Sunderland

Sturridge (16,39) La Tellec (19)

Gallen (33) Stead (69)

Prem: Sunderland 3-4 Arsenal

bassilli (9) Henry (21,22,35)

Elliott (25,34) Reyes (45)

Prem: Birmingham 1-3 Sunderland

Forrsell (60) Robinson 39, Lawerence 52, basillia 82

Prem: Sunderland 1-3 Chelsea

Stead Crespo, drogba, cole

Manager Comments:

Not a bad night considering i was facing Arsenal and Chelsea, shouldn't have gone out of the cup in the way we did, team really let me down.

Still 20points not and still going strong, can't complain.

Session Date: 27th January 2006

Results

TheFAPL.jpg

Middlesbrough 3 vs 1 Everton

Middlesbrough Scorers: Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink (45 & 80) & Gaizka Mendieta (Pen 62)

Everton Scorer: Duncan Ferguson (54)

Attendance: 35,020

MOM: Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink (Middlesbrough)

UEFACup.jpg

AZ Alkmaar 1 vs 2 Middlesbrough

AZ Alkmaar Scorer: Denny Landzaat (69)

Middlesbrough Scorers: Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink (45) & Yakubu (75)

Attendance: 8,218

MOM: Emanuel Pogatez (Middlesbrough)

TheFAPL.jpg

Middlesbrough 2 vs 1 Blackburn

Middlesbrough Scorers: Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink (48) & Yakubu (87)

Blackburn Scorer: Steven Reid (90)

Attendance: 35,017

MOM: Morten Gamst Pederson (Blackburn)

01040026320000.jpg

Blackburn 3 vs 5 Middlesbrough

Blackburn Scorers: Matt Jansen (11), Danny Sullivan (Pen 22) & Paul Dickov (38)

Middlesbrough Scorers: Gaizka Mendieta (2 & 18) & Vitaly Kutuzov (12, 44 & 50)

Attendance: 13,337

MOM: Vitaly Kutuzov (Middlesbrough)

TheFAPL.jpg

Charlton 0 vs 1 Middlesbrough

Middlesbrough Scorer: Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink (90)

Attendance: 27,069

MOM: Ray Parlour (Middlesbrough)

Red Cards: Jonathan Fortune (Charlton) (69)

UEFACup.jpg

Middlesbrough 7 vs 0 Strasbourg

Middlesbrough Scorers: Fabio Rochemback (5 & 75), Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink (53, 55 & 90), Yakubu (61) & Stewart Downing (83)

Attendance: 30,237

MOM: Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink (Middlesbrough)

TheFAPL.jpg

Middlesbrough 2 vs 3 Arsenal

Middlesbrough Scorers: Yakubu (23) & Vitaly Kutuzov (30)

Arsenal Scorers: Thierry Henry (6, 43) & Jose Antonio Reyes (55)

Attendance:35,007

MOM: Jose Antonio Reyes (Arsenal)

Middlesbrough Injuries: Gareth Southgate (3) & Ray Parlour (41)

Premiership position at end of session: 2nd

Manager Comments

Almost a perfect night, 6 wins out of 7 matches with my only loss being a 3-2 loss against a strong Arsenal side. Still I think I can win the premiership or at least get runners up spot.

Football League Championship:

Leeds - H - 3v0

Noel-Williams 37, 47

Spicer 90

Hull - H - 2v0

Spicer 10

Noel-Williams 64

Leicester - A - 2v0

Harley 6, 36

Watford - H - 3v0

Hyde 50, 55

Sam 64

Sheff Utd - H - 0v1

Bailey 59

Carling Cup:

Derby - H - 3v1 AET

Sam 23

Smith 67

Windass 108

O'Connor 115

All in all an excellent night. Although a bad final result against the Blades let it down a bit. Not conceding many which is pleasing, and have increased my lead at the top slightly. Also have a League Cup tie with Chelsea to look forward to after beating Derby in extra-time.

PL Man City 1-0 Sunderland

Flood 76

Should have won this, had all the chances but couldn't convert.

PL Sunderland 0-0 Bolton

Again another game I should have won and again chances where not converted

PL Liverpool 2-1 Sunderland

Alonso (44) Pongolle (87) Gonzalez (11)

Can't argue with this result, took the lead and played well but Liverpool were the strongest team throughout. At least we finally put away a chance!!!

PL Sunderland 4-1 Newcastle

Stead(1) Miller (67,84) Owen (43)

Lawerence (86)

What a game. Took the lead from kick off and it was tooing and frowing from then on. Owen scores and I was thinking that I was in for some trouble, but a brilliant second half by Sunderland allows us to do the double over the Magpies I wonder if Souey will get the sack after this

FA Cup Stoke 0-3 Sunderland

Elliott (12) Gonzales(29) Lawerence (46)

Good game having most of the chances. Stoke did have their chances but were off target. Stephen Lawson will be unhappy with that element.

PL Sunderland 2-0 West Brom

Elliott (32) (45)

Total domination. West Brom could not deal will this team and Elliott gets another two goals to add to his tally.

PL West Ham 2-1 Sunderland

Kaiper(7) Papadopoulos (2 Lawerence (56)

Dissapointing!!!!!! We gifted them the win by again not taking our chances.

FA Cup Sunderland 7-0 Brighton

Nosworthy (1) Elliott (4,42) Miller (13,18,37) Lawerence (44)

As you can see this game was rapped up in the first half. Domination!!!!!!!

Manager Comments:

Some points when they shouldn't have been but overall not a bad night. Into round 6 of the FA Cup and 10th in the league with 30 points. 11 more points and we should be safe but will be tough.

Ben Higginbotham has retired from the clan and wishes all the clan managers the best of luck.

We all wish you the best of luck mate.

Stewart Kilpatrick is the first managerial sacking of the campaign, losing his job at Man City

This is also resulted in -15points.......sorry mate

We have made it to February 2006 in the current campaign and we have had our first managerial casualty. Stewart Kilpatrick was sacked as Man City manager after a string of bad results and leaving them in the relegation zone. It was just one defeat too many for the board who finally lost patients with the rookie coach, and to add insult to injury Stewart has also received -15pts in the clan league table as a result of the sacking and leaving him on the bottom of the table with -20 points after playing two games. He has a lot of ground to make up.

We also lost another manager from the clan, Ben Higginbotham has called it a day and retired from the clan. Unfortunately personal commitments have played their part and have forced him out early. So from all the guys at RTG we wish you all the best mate and thank you for being part of this group.

We didn't have a good turn out for the league night on Friday 4th with only four managers turning. Some just couldn't make others couldn't be bothered turning up and one idiot thought it was on the Saturday night!!!! It would be nice to name the manager who got the date wrong, so you are safe for now Mr Sawby...oooops. He did try and get himself out of this hole by blaming his wife!!!! Shame on you!!! LOL

PL Sunderland 1-1 Portsmouth

Lawerence (3) McCartney og (5)

CRAP!!!! CRAP!!!! CRAP!!!!! Need I say any more. Strikers need to go back to striker school

PL Tottenham 1-0 Sunderland

Queudrue (off16)

Defoe (50)

Should have one this, all the chances against 10 men but..... no those bloody strikers again keep missing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PL Sunderland 2-2 Aston Villa

Lawerence (17) Angel(7)

Miller (77) McCann (80)

WHERE ARE MY STRIKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another game i should have one.

Are you getting the trend yet!!!!!!

FA Cup Man Utd 2-0 Sunderland

Rooney (20)(49)

Now I can say a game I shouldn't have won and didn't. But played ok against Man U, better than getting a hammering I suppose.

Comments:

3 league games and 2 points, should have been 9 and not I have dropped down the table to 11th......but 8 points clear of rel zone. Not bad with 12 games left to go.

• 2 weeks later...

Wolves

Sheff Utd 0-2 Wolves

My first game for a few weeks, and a great performance 2 screamers from Pearson and Olofinjana gave us the win.

Wolves 1-0 Ipswich

It took a Christie pen to give us the win in a match we dominated and really we should have won by more.

Brighton 2-2 Wolves

Disappointing result from a game i was expecting to take all 3 points. Carl Cort and Kalle Ljungberg twice gave us the lead but twice they hit back through Leon Knight and Jake Robinson.

Wolves 2-0 Crewe

Ljungberg and Eastwood (pen) gave us a comfortable win at home.

Sumarry

A decent night with 10 points out of 12 but should really have picked up all 12. i'm in a real battle for the last automatic promotion spot and unfortunately may miss friday.

Here are the details of Sunderlands matches

PL Fulham 3-0 Sunderland

John 13,47 McBride 46

PL Sunderland 1-1 Man Utd

Elliott (9) Van Nistlerooy (10)

Keane off (13)

PL Wigan 0-2 Sunderland

Stead (2) Miller (pen 36)

PL Blackburn 0-3 Sunderland

Stead (33) Miller (pen 76) Gonzalez (79)

Better night than least week. 9th in the Premiership with only8 games to go and on 39 points. Should be safe by now but could do with a few more wins to make sure and maybe a push for Euorpe.

PL Sunderland 0-1 Everton (Vuoso 21)

PL Middlesbrough 3-2 Sunderland

Kutuzov (hatrick) Stead, Gonzalez

PL Sunderland 1-1 Charlton

Gonzalez (7) Bent (39)

PL Arsenal 4-3 Sunderland

Henry (36,41,86) Stead (56, 69)

Reyes (47) Le Tallec (59)

PL Sunderland 0-0 Birmingham

Manager Comments:

Sunderland are now offically safe with a game to go. The team made me sweat, we did not win a game all night and were breach so many times at the back due to injuries and poor play, but what the heck we are safe and get to play in the premershi[ for another season. I hope the funds will be increased for me to improve the squad for next season.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Wolves

Wolves 2-0 Coventry

An easy warm up game for the playoffs, 2 goals for Cort and an all round good performance.

Playoff Semi-Final 1st Leg: Wolves 5-1 Cardiff

Not as one sided as the scoreline suggests, but we were the best team and the clinical finishing of my strikers won us the game and really the tie was over there and then, They took the lead through Kevin Cooper, but goals from Kalle Ljungberg (2), Olofinjana, Stephen Pearson and Malcolm Christie won us the game

Playoff Semi-Final 2nd Leg: Cardiff 1-0 Wolves

Kevin Cooper scored the only goal of the game, but they didn't have enough to pull back such a big defecit.

Playoff Final: Wolves 1-1 Reading 2-3 Pens

What a game, two great performances from Oakes and Hahnemann in the goals, but really it was the poor finishing from both teams that let them down.we had the better chances and rightfully we took the lead in the 105th min when Danny Forrest broke the defence and slotted past Hahnemann, but on the 110th min Darren Potter was injured and that put us down to 10 men from then on it was a backs to the wall job, and in the 122nd min Leroy Lita scored in an open net. Reading were first up for the penalties and they missed a few but we just couldn't take advantage and lost 3-2.

Sumarry

A disappointing end to the season but it was one of the great matches, lost key players like pearson and christie who's loan deals ended just before the final. But considering were i was at the start of the season this was a successful year and hopefully next season i'll be up there challenging again.

A bit delayed I know but here is my report.

PL Sunderland 3-0 Man City

La Tallec, Kenneth (og) and Stead all help in getting a very good result which ultimately secure survival and relegated Man City.

PL Chelsea 0-1 Sunderland.

I thought I was in for a pasting in this one following the 3-1 home loss to Chelsea earlier in the campaign, but Stead scored after 2 minutes and we set out stall, all though we did defend for most of the game we still had our chances to but the game furtherfrom Chelsea. Get In

PL Bolton 0-2 Sunderland

Bolton were already relegated going into this match but a win would put us into 8th and a chance of European football. La Tallec and Stead were on the score sheet to get the result.

Manager Comments:

Season goal: avoid relegation. Outcome:8th place and maybe Europe.

I have done the impossible and kept Sunderland in the premiership, maybe Mick McCarthy could have learn't something from me . need to get in players to prepare for next season.

Our first season of FM2006 has come to an end and what an exciting season it has been, all be it in the Championship. We will will start with the Premiership first before we get into the juicy bits of the Championship.

Tony Hall's Middlesbrough finished well in the Premiership all bit it having a very bad sequence of results in the run in, however they have finished 4th and will now have the task of qualifying for the Champions League. Rob Nordon's Sunderland defied all their critics by finishing in 8th place and beating the Champions in the run in, they may even get into Europe via the Intertoto Cup, which would be and added bonus. Andrew Sharman's Wigan have finished in 11th and have secured another year in the Premier League and Liam Davies' Fulham have finished 12th.

The Championship ended with some great football. Crystal Palace have run out winners and will be in the Premiership and will be joined by Daniel Severs' Burnley who finished in 2nd spot giving them Automatic promotion. Holger Wilde's Reading will also join Burnley and Crystal Palace in the Premiership next season after a great play-off final win. Reading beat Sheffield Utd in their second leg to book their place in the final against Matthew Sharman's Wolves who crushed Mike O'Prey's Cardiff 5-2 on agg. According to the two managers the game was closer than the result indicated, but clinical finishing won it for Wolves. The final was won by Reading 3-2 after penalties, the first goal didn't come until the 105th minute of extra time and Wolves were the first to score, it looked like they had won the game only for Reading to score in the 122th minute to force the game in to penalties. So Congratulations go to Holger and his Reading team for booking their place in next seasons Premier League. Stephen Lawson's Stoke finished in 9th spot. Mark Swaby's QPR won their last match to leave them in 12th spot. David Sheehan's Watford left their chances of survival to that of other teams. They needed to win their last match against Burnley but were beaten, they managed to survive due to Leeds losing and Crewe drawing. So Watford can now look forward to another year in the Championship.

The only thing left to do now is for the managers of the clan to choose their clan manager of the year which has been posted in the forums.

• 2 months later...

Here goes:

May 5th 2006

PL: Sunderland 2-1 Wigan

Gray(56) McCulloch (72)

Bassilla (90)

PL: Reading 2-4 Sunderland

Harper (9) Miller (pen 17,64)

Kitson (84) Gray (24)

Brown (49)

PL: Sunderland 3:0 Liverpool

Stead (12)

Arca (32)

Bent (77)

PL: Aston Villa 3-0 Sunderland

Baros (52, 63)

Donnavan (89)

Manager Report:

Injuries are a major issue at the moment with me losing at least 1 player a week for at least 4 weeks. But in saying that 3 wins and 1 loss ain't that bad. I am disappointed with the Villa game, after the performance against Liverpool I expected more of the team but the couldn't produce. Anyway roll on the next session and more nights like tonight will mean that I can achieve my target of Mid Table finish but want to better last years position of 8th spot.

Daniel Severs will be running the league night on the 24th of May, this is due computer maintance and it will be hoped that this will be rectified in very good time. Further schedule dates will be posted soon but will be open to change.

Not a great night!!!!

PL Sunderland 7-0 Fulham

Stead (14, 60)

Bent (22)

Miller (28,51)

Nosworthy (64)

Lawrence (67)

The scoreline speaks for it's self, absoultly killed them.

PL Charlton 3-0 Sunderland

Berg (29)

Murphy (77)

Heiriderson (90)

Poor, poor, poor. Didn't get into the game at all. What a let down from the last game.

PL Sunderland 0-0 Blackburn

Should have won this game but for poor finishing, on 3 occassions my strikers were clean through on goal and then missed the goal by a mile. One saying comes to mind: "My gran could to better than that"

PL Sunderland 1-1 Portsmouth

Stead (37) De Sousa (86)

Sefanovic (OFF 75)

By this end of this game I was getting ready to bang my head of the nearest wall and if I had the opportunity to get hold of any those players, there would have been 11 funerals!!!! The team are really ****ing me off now.

LC Fulham 1-1 Sunderland (Sunderland win 3-2 on penalties)

Mokoena (86) Stead (46)

I knew this was not going to be the same as the earlier game but we did have the better of the game and again finishing our chances were wasted. I'm gonna gave the strikers a week off to spend at the local brothel....they may just score in there!!!!!!!!

PL Arsenal 7-0 Sunderland

Saviola (14, 33)

Tuncay (27,40,85)

Reyes (47,74)

Pure s**T!!!!!!!!! What more can i say.. Arsenal scored from all their chances. I may have left the team in the brothel far too long!!!!!

Crap night, although I am now in 6th place. I'm just dissapointed with the results and the performances. Maybe my 2 weeks off until the next league night might gave some much needed respite.

Middlesbrough Report

Session Dates: 5th & 11th May 2006

Results

CL.jpg

Qualifying Round 3 2nd Leg

Middlesbrough (3) 1 vs 3 (4) Brondby

Middlesbrough Scorer: Fabian Estoyanoff (13)

Brondby Scorers: Oscar Alberto Briceno (3), Johan Elmander (20) & Sun Jihai own goal (118)

Attendance: 22,807

MOM:

prem.gif

Middlesbrough 2 vs 0 Man Utd

Middlesbrough Scorers: Vitaly Kutuzov (66) & Yakubu (75)

Attendance: 35,015

MOM: Mark Schwarzer (Middlesbrough)

West Ham 1 vs 3 Middlesbrough

West Ham Scorer: Michal Papadopoulos (17)

Middlesbrough Scorers: Vitaly Kutuzov (7 & 31) & Yakubu (68)

Attendance: 32,380

MOM: Yakubu (Middlesbrough)

uefacup.jpg

1st Round 1st Leg

Metalurg D 1 vs 2 Middlesbrough

Metalurg D Scorer: Sergiy Shyschenko (2)

Middlesbrough Scorer: Yakubu (29 & 49)

Attendance: 3,990

Middlesbrough Injuries: Stewart Downing (32)

prem.gif

Middlesbrough 0 vs 0 Everton

Attendance: 35,031

MOM: Nigel Martyn (Everton)

Arsenal 2 vs 1 Middlesbrough

Arsenal Scorers: Thierry Henry (20) & Gilberto Silva (Pen 90)

Middlesbrough Scorer: Yakubu (72)

Attendance: 52,894

MOM: Thierry Henry (Arsenal)

Birmingham 2 vs 3 Middlesbrough

Birmingham Scorer: Casper Rose (34 & Pen 77)

Middlesbrough Scorers: Yakubu (16, 50) & Sylvain Wiltord (46)

Attendance: 24,358

MOM: Casper Rose (Birmingham)

Middlesbrough Injuries: Lee Bowyer (23)

uefacup.jpg

1st Round 2nd Leg

Middlesbrough (5) 3 vs 1 (2) Metalurg D

Middlesbrough Scorers: Vitaly Kutuzov (10 & 17) & Yakubu (11)

Metalurg D Scorer: Andres Mendoza (49)

Attendance: 18,013

MOM: Vitaly Kutuzov (Middlesbrough)

prem.gif

Middlesbrough 1 vs 4 Chelsea

Middlesbrough Scorer: Fabio Rochemback (5)

Chelsea Scorers: John Terry (23), Arjen Robben (45) & Eidur Gudjohnsen (47 & 73)

Attendance: 35,022

MOM: John Terry (Chelsea)

Red Cards: Gareth Southgate (Middlesbrough)

Crystal Palace 1 vs 2 Middlesbrough

Crystal Palace Scorer: Darren Pratley (7)

Middlesbrough Scorers: Fabian Estoyanoff (33) & Sylvain Wiltord (78)

Attendance: 21,440

Red Cards: Liam Fortaine (Crystal Palace) (14)

Middlesbrough 4 vs 3 Burnley

Middlesbrough Scorers: Fabio Rochemback (Pen 2 & 45), Yakubu (56) & Sylvian Wiltord (Pen 61)

Burnley Scorers: Grzegorz Rasiak (26), Gifton Noel-Williams (38 & 70)

Attendance: 39,098

MOM: Fabio Rochemback (Middlesbrough)

Carling.jpg

Liverpool 3 vs 1 Middlesbrough

Liverpool Scorers: Luis Jimenez (34), Jamie Carragher (72) & Florent Sinama-Pongolle (90)

Middlesbrough Scorers: Sylvain Wiltord (76)

Attendance: 25,308

MOM: Mohamed Sissoko (Liverpool)

prem.gif

Newcastle 3 vs 4 Middlesbrough

Newcastle Scorers: Michael Owen (2 & 52) & Tico-Tico (46)

Middlesbrough Scorers: Fabian Estoyanoff (8), Sylvain Wiltord (49 & 77) & Lee Bowyer (Pen 90)

Attendance: 52,351

MOM: Michael Owen (Newcastle)

Premiership Position at end of Session: 2nd

Manager Comments

Good start to the campaign, just have to get some consistency to the team.

• 4 weeks later...

sunderland.png Here goes:

11.pngsunderland_home.png 0-1 manchester_united_away.png

Neville Off 44

Rooney 77

11.pngwestham_home.png 0-1 sunderland_away.png

Bent 70

11.pngsunderland_home.png 3-0 everton_away.png

Stead 4

Elliott 78, 90

1301427.pngsunderland_home.png 5-1 everton_away.png

Bent 7, 79 Vendenbergh 56

Stead 27

Gonzalez 37

Arca 66

11.pngbirmingham_home.png 1-2 sunderland_away.png

Rose pen 4 Miller 34, 52

11.pngsunderland_home.png 4-0 chelsea_away.png

Miller 14

Stead 21, 67

Elliott 90

11.pngpalace_home.png 0-0 sunderland_away.png

sunderland.png Manager Report:

Some very good results and the team seem to be getting a good run of form going. It startly badly however with the game against Man Utd which we should have got something from. However the result against Chelsea has been the best of the night and what a result. If we can keep this going through the rest of the season we could be challenging for the runners up spot!!!

Archived