Smallest clubs in Eastside Hockey Manager?

I would like to talk small clubs in the leagues.

The smallest I know about is Leksands who is currently in the 2nd tier in Sweden.

But in many years they have been in the 1st tier.

I have tried to make a thread and a list about FM, and would love to do so about EHM here.

Leksand is a BIG club from a small town. One of Swedens biggest teams and probably the biggest fanbase.

I live a 20 minute drive from Leksand.

I really admire them.

So no offence intended by calling them 'small'.

For me it is rather a positive thing in sports to be like David against Goliath. :brock:

Haha totally understand! I'm a big Leksands fan and can say that Leksand is a big club with a massive fanbase BUT have over the years had big problems with the people who runs the club, the board etc. Thats why Leksands IF currently struggling in Hockeyallsvenskan instead of SHL.

Last Saturday we played a rivalry game against Mora in Stockholm (Swedens capital), about a three hour drive from Leksand and this is how it looked. Pretty nice if you ask me :)

It looked really massive that support - but why was it played in Globen?

I think Leksands was the reason I bought EHM in the first place. Them and then the Penguins. Dont know why I have a soft spot for both.

Just gotta try the EHM-game more. I have made my decision to give Leksands a go in the game now I think.

In some way they remind me, only a bit, of the support Brøndby IF got in Denmark through the tough and hard times.

Only, Leksands is not quite from the suburbs like Brøndby is. :cool:

In Sweden no one can own a club more then 49% so it's the members who owns the majority. The home arena (Tegera Arena) is owned by the club and thats a issue because playing in the second league dosen't bring as much tv-money as playing in SHL does. Big arena with high operating costs. :)

Don't have the complete picture to give a accurate answer but i now that the club want more support from the county. But i'm not the guy to ask about economics and stuff like that - i concentrate on what happens on the ice :)

If you ever happened to be in Sweden and Leksand, write me and i'll give you a tour!

Wightlink Tigers in the British NIHL 2. Play on the Isle of Wight (small island off the south coast of the UK) with their 1000 capacity arena which IRL is currently falling down!

Falling down? Can you explain what has happened? Does not sound good.

According to Wikipedia The Isle of Wight has 2 teams playing in the 3rd tier or 4th tier maybe, in the same arena.

Yeah the Wightlink Raiders play in the NIHL-1 and the Tigers in the NIHL-2. The Raiders are a decent NIHL-1 team and typically finish in the top three or four.

Their rink is one of the smallest rinks in the world IIRC (it is so short that it is nearly a square!). Sadly there have been some issues with the roof recently and in November it was closed for repairs which I believe is subject to them finding enough money. Thus they're playing their games on the mainland at the moment. News item here: http://www.iwcp.co.uk/news/news/ryde-ice-rink-closed-for-safety-reasons-93227.aspx

Here's a photo of the rather square-looking rink:

2922314725.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah the Wightlink Raiders play in the NIHL-1 and the Tigers in the NIHL-2. The Raiders are a decent NIHL-1 team and typically finish in the top three or four.

Their rink is one of the smallest rinks in the world IIRC (it is so short that it is nearly a square!). Sadly there have been some issues with the roof recently and in November it was closed for repairs which I believe is subject to them finding enough money. Thus they're playing their games on the mainland at the moment. News item here: http://www.iwcp.co.uk/news/news/ryde-ice-rink-closed-for-safety-reasons-93227.aspx

Here's a photo of the rather square-looking rink:

2922314725.jpg

The teams should be back in there now? My rec hockey team played them recently in the building I believe.

• 2 years later...

Archived