[FM2016] Alternative Scottish Pyramid [WIP}

Changes in the new update

champ%20logo_zps7iuyzefy.png Scottish Championship champ%20logo_zps7iuyzefy.png

I've had to rework the Championship as it wasn't really working in the last version, there where too few games and too many 'small teams' which impacted on attendances and finances. I was going to reverse back to a 10 team league but with the potential off 3 teams going up and 3 down, I felt that 10 was too a small a number and have reverted to 12, unfortunately this means an SPL style split to manage the number of games

championship_zpsie6dz4x2.png

Within the System 1st and 2nd are automatically promoted while the teams 3rd-5th enter the promotions playoffs. At the other end of the table 12th and 11th place are relegated while the team in 10th place enters a relegation playoff. Within in test games the finances off clubs at this level are now a lot stronger.

lg1%20logo_zpsr1yds9dq.png Scottish League One North & South lg1%20logo_zpsr1yds9dq.png

League One retains the same structure with the North/South divide occurring at the Firth of Forth instead of the River Tay.

l1n_zpsi5jh6bxi.png

l1s_zpsym9my7id.png

Highland/Lowland League

highland_zpswza8gzn2.png

With four Highland League clubs joining League One North, the league has been cut to 16 teams with Banks O'Dee and Culter making up the numbers. Due to the cut in size there are now less mid week fixtures and the Highland league will have a winter shutdown in January to give pitches some recovery time.

lowland_zpskixsloyp.png

The Lowland League has previous East and South of Scotland champions Lothian Thistle Hutichinson Vale and Wigtown & Bladnoch join to replace Edinburgh City & East Kilbride while Newtown Steart join as the 16th team.

V1.0 Features

Fixes

- Increased attendances for League Cup

- Increased attendance for Petrofac Cup Final

- Fixed issue which seen some lower league sides reach the League Cup Group Stage after losing the qualifying round

- Fixed issue with Premiership sides being given prize money before the season had finished

Additions

- Addition of the Lowland/Highland Leagues

- Addition of the Lowland & Highland League Cups

- Full revamp of the Championship and League One

- New fixture lists for all Leagues

- Addition of winter break in the Scottish Premiership

- Added 130 real staff members to lower league clubs

rab did you have many problems adding the group stage to the league cup? trying it myself but keep getting errors with dates outside competition date range or something, cant work out a way round it.

I had a lot of problems with the new League cup format, try checking your date range for the competition in the League Cup competition tab, feel free to use my file as a reference point

Rab this is absolutely brilliant stuff mate, I know this a daft question but how do I actually install this file, and is it compatible with the recent January updates I've downloaded?

Cheers man, just stick the 2 files in the editor data folder and you're good to go! Yeah this should be compatable with a January transfer update

I was attempting something similar but I wanted to put 18 teams in the top flight, similar to the German bundesliga, so as to remove the need for a split in the league. Everything worked fine for 1 season but then it wouldn't generate fixtures for the second. Do you have any idea why this would happen?

Also did you create rules from scratch or edit advanced rules?

what transfer update would be compatible with this? Looks good tried few similar with transfer updates and crashed :( will try pr0's update with this.

Pr0's and the Sortitoutsi updates all work with this file

I was attempting something similar but I wanted to put 18 teams in the top flight, similar to the German bundesliga, so as to remove the need for a split in the league. Everything worked fine for 1 season but then it wouldn't generate fixtures for the second. Do you have any idea why this would happen?

Also did you create rules from scratch or edit advanced rules?

When you amend the Premier League you also have to amend to the Championship as the playoff's link into the division, it sounds like there's been an error in the playoffs which have caused season 1 not being successfully compleated.

Thanks for your reply, I've been trying your save out btw, excellent work!

Did you upgrade any teams facilities or increase their budgets? I was looking to create a 2nd Inverness team in the lower leagues to work my way to the top flight with, If I work

from your save would you recommend starting off in league 1 North? I should be able to add a team(swapping them with a current team in the division) to your Editor data save without any major error right?

Great work but wouldn't you have Dunfermline in the Championship ?? They bigger club than Forfar or Peterhead ??

The league reconstruction was based upon the 14/15 season standings, as Forfar and Peterhead finished above Dunfermline they are in the higher league.

Thanks for your reply, I've been trying your save out btw, excellent work!

Did you upgrade any teams facilities or increase their budgets? I was looking to create a 2nd Inverness team in the lower leagues to work my way to the top flight with, If I work

from your save would you recommend starting off in league 1 North? I should be able to add a team(swapping them with a current team in the division) to your Editor data save without any major error right?

I've amended some teams stadiums and ticket prices but that's been it. I start off either in League 1 North or the Highland League, a straight swap should cause no issues

Is the prize money the same as Scotland in real life ??

The prize money remains the same but the financial distribution is more level throughout the leagues, the prize money in the league cup has been doubled to include the new BT Sport TV deal.

In the version I downloaded I cant seem to have the Highland and Lowland League playable, has anyone got this tier playable?

The default division level is League 1, you have to select down to the Highland/Lowland league before starting a game.

Is it possible to add the 2 Welsh and 2 Northern League teams in the Challenge Cup like is being proposed http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-chiefs-propose-revamped-challenge-7207901#xz1si0lBL7brfoAk.97

It would be fairly easy to add but I'm not sure if I will include this to be honest.

• 4 months later...

There's a couple of things I'd like to point out if you do come back to this.

1. I don't know weather it's intentional but, the way you have the dates set in the editor means when we start a new save, there's no transfer window until January.

2. The prize money is a tad on the low side.

In the Highland/lowland leagues for example 4k for the league winner is awful low, it makes it almost impossible for the clubs to stay semi-pro and most will likely end up Amateur.

Also for reference, the current winner of the Premiership gets around £2.8M.

3. TV Money: It's currently only 400k in the Premiership, this is a bit low. It was 650k in the base game.

Officially the TV money is 725k for each team in the Premiership, and the Championship teams receive around 250k due to their televised games currently as well.

4. Season Ticket holders and Attendances need some work for teams you have included from the Highland/Lowland and Junior Leagues, they are quite low and don't allow them to be competitive money wise.

4.1 You may want to adjust their reputations as well so they attract the same standard of players as the teams from the former League 2.

Other than that, great job.

There's a couple of things I'd like to point out if you do come back to this.

1. I don't know weather it's intentional but, the way you have the dates set in the editor means when we start a new save, there's no transfer window until January.

2. The prize money is a tad on the low side.

In the Highland/lowland leagues for example 4k for the league winner is awful low, it makes it almost impossible for the clubs to stay semi-pro and most will likely end up Amateur.

Also for reference, the current winner of the Premiership gets around £2.8M.

3. TV Money: It's currently only 400k in the Premiership, this is a bit low. It was 650k in the base game.

Officially the TV money is 725k for each team in the Premiership, and the Championship teams receive around 250k due to their televised games currently as well.

4. Season Ticket holders and Attendances need some work for teams you have included from the Highland/Lowland and Junior Leagues, they are quite low and don't allow them to be competitive money wise.

5. You may want to adjust their reputations as well so they attract the same standard of players as the teams from the former League 2.

Other than that, great job.

Thanks for the feedback dburnsdundeemad, I am currently working on an updated version with extra levels an may revamp some leagues along with adding the new format of the challenge cup. In reference to your feedback points.

1. I have noticed that in test games the first summer transfer window has always been quieter so I'll look into this.

2/3. I kept the prize money at current levels, however as there are now 4 extra teams in the Premiership this money has to be spread around the 16 teams instead of 12 hence the lower prize and TV money. For the Highland/Lowland league each league within the game earns £40k in prize money, if anything this money is possibly too high compared to real life levels.

4. I've based season ticket numbers, prices and attendances on real life stats, however you need to keep in mind the lowland league for example gets very low attendances in real life and feel this is well represented in this file.

5. I agree that some club reps could be increased.

While this is an Alternative league structure I still want to keep this file as realistic as possible, at least in regards to finance and attendances etc, If there's any specific clubs you feel should be boosted in any way please post away, over the next few days I'll be reviewing the league and looking to introduce teams form the East and South of Scotland leagues, possibly the juniors too.

Thanks for the feedback dburnsdundeemad, I am currently working on an updated version with extra levels an may revamp some leagues along with adding the new format of the challenge cup. In reference to your feedback points.

1. I have noticed that in test games the first summer transfer window has always been quieter so I'll look into this.

2/3. I kept the prize money at current levels, however as there are now 4 extra teams in the Premiership this money has to be spread around the 16 teams instead of 12 hence the lower prize and TV money. For the Highland/Lowland league each league within the game earns £40k in prize money, if anything this money is possibly too high compared to real life levels.

4. I've based season ticket numbers, prices and attendances on real life stats, however you need to keep in mind the lowland league for example gets very low attendances in real life and feel this is well represented in this file.

5. I agree that some club reps could be increased.

While this is an Alternative league structure I still want to keep this file as realistic as possible, at least in regards to finance and attendances etc, If there's any specific clubs you feel should be boosted in any way please post away, over the next few days I'll be reviewing the league and looking to introduce teams form the East and South of Scotland leagues, possibly the juniors too.

It's been great so far, with player management a lot of these points are moot anyway.

There were two potentially game breaking issues, I did pick up on.

The first, is one of the cups has two rounds that are scheduled to be played within a few days of each other once the fixtures from the earlier round have been played. Can't remember which one cause I fiddled about with the database a little and fixed that myself, I think it was the knockouts of the League Cup.

The second was the reserves don't work, the teams exist but there are no leagues, so may cause issues with player development long term, again i've fiddled with my download and put the U20's back in from the base game files so I have no suggestions on how to fix this, and i hadn't played long enough in a save that didn't have them to see what effect it would have long term.

• 4 weeks later...

Alternative Scottish Pyramid 2.0

General Changes

• European Teams are; Celtic (UEFA Champions League), Aberdeen, Hearts & Hibernian (UEFA Europa League).
  • Teams in the Premiership and Championship have active reserve leagues.
  • Players created and added to Edinburgh City and Spartans.
  • Cove Rangers squad has also been updated.
  • Slight increase in Premiership TV money due to two teams being removed from the Championship.

prem%20logo_zpsxmpcxvkf.png

The only change to this league in the update are to the teams based on last seasons league positions, (Falkirk and Raith Rovers replace St. Mirren and Queen of the South.

Known Issue; League classifications are still appearing after 30 games, but re adjust after 36 if there are any changes.

prem_zpstpn7ipkn.png

champ%20logo_zps7iuyzefy.png

I wasn't a fan of the split so I decided to reduce the league to 10 teams playing each other 4 times a season.

champ_zpsbur2uoax.png

lg1%20logo_zpsr1yds9dq.png

There's been no changes to the League One's North and South other than swapping a few teams around, again based on last seasons positions.

l1n_zpsnp0eewbo.png

l1s_zps0rczvg1g.png

Highland/Lowland League

Again the only changes here are swapping a few teams around, again based on last seasons positions.

highland_zpsq24grcgo.png

lowland_zpshkzsryx9.png

Domestic Cups

I Have adjusted the dates in the Betfred Cup and made the Irn-Bru cup as in real life, with correct seedings and prize money.

Known Issue; Attendences in matches featuring U20 clubs are very low (range from 11 - 200+).

irncup_zpszeev13ez.png

Alternative Scotland V2.zip

Archived